Mentions "j'aime": 1,448
New Jersey leaves the draft with no sniper after two top ten picks
15 avr. 2020 à 17 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 594
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
New Jersey leaves the draft with no sniper after two top ten picks

NJ already has top F with Hughes, Hischier, Palmieri, Foote, Wood and Gusev. Their D is super thin. Severson, and maybe Mueller. Subban is a bum and he’ll be gone after his contract in 2 years or sooner IF anyone will take him. I’m not a Devils fan BUT I’d be thrilled to get the top 2 D in this Draft. Add Drysdale and Sanderson- 2 elite puck moving possession players- to go along with Ty Smith and Kevin Bahl. Drysdale has already outperformed Smith on that World Junior team this year as an undrafted, underaged player. These two would serve as the building blocks for the future.
15 avr. 2020 à 17 h 12
Rejoint: mars 2020
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
NJ already has top F with Hughes, Hischier, Palmieri, Foote, Wood and Gusev. Their D is super thin. Severson, and maybe Mueller. Subban is a bum and he’ll be gone after his contract in 2 years or sooner IF anyone will take him. I’m not a Devils fan BUT I’d be thrilled to get the top 2 D in this Draft. Add Drysdale and Sanderson- 2 elite puck moving possession players- to go along with Ty Smith and Kevin Bahl. Drysdale has already outperformed Smith on that World Junior team this year as an undrafted, underaged player. These two would serve as the building blocks for the future.

I understand but from that list you haven’t named one guy who can riffle the puck in the back of the net to help hughes. Maybe Nolan Foote, he has shown some flashes of being a sniper but nothing consistent. Next year they will probably be bad again and the draft is supposed to be stacked with defensemen
15 avr. 2020 à 17 h 16
Démarrer sujet
I understand but from that list you haven’t named one guy who can riffle the puck in the back of the net to help hughes. Maybe Nolan Foote, he has shown some flashes of being a sniper but nothing consistent. Next year they will probably be bad again and the draft is supposed to be stacked with defensemen

I see your point. They have Palmieri and it’s easier to add wingers/ snipers in free agency than it is to add top pairing D. I would not be surprised if they picked a sniper with one of those picks.
Howisjulienstillhere a aimé ceci.
15 avr. 2020 à 17 h 18
I see your point. They have Palmieri and it’s easier to add wingers/ snipers in free agency than it is to add top pairing D. I would not be surprised if they picked a sniper with one of those picks.

Adding a legit sniper is really tough. Also palmeri is more of a hard nosed goal scorer and is 29.
15 avr. 2020 à 17 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Adding a legit sniper is really tough. Also palmeri is more of a hard nosed goal scorer and is 29.

Great argument. They still have a ways to go before they will be competitive so they have time to add a sniper. I don’t think they’re wrong if they take these 2 D OR if they grab a sniper. I think they’ll be set up nicely to continue their rebuild.

Another thing to think about is that teams will be having to offload players to get under the Cap since it’s likely not going up and might even decrease. It’ll be an opportunity for a team like NJ to grab a goal scorer.
Hughes will make his wingers better once he gets his groove in the NHL. I think they need stable D before their F can realize any potential. That’s the main reason why I see them taking those two D.
15 avr. 2020 à 17 h 30
Great argument. They still have a ways to go before they will be competitive so they have time to add a sniper. I don’t think they’re wrong if they take these 2 D OR if they grab a sniper. I think they’ll be set up nicely to continue their rebuild.

Another thing to think about is that teams will be having to offload players to get under the Cap since it’s likely not going up and might even decrease. It’ll be an opportunity for a team like NJ to grab a goal scorer.
Hughes will make his wingers better once he gets his groove in the NHL. I think they need stable D before their F can realize any potential. That’s the main reason why I see them taking those two D.

It does make sense, my thought is next years draft is stacked with d and it doesn’t seem to be real strong with forwards. It’ll be an interesting summer if the cap does go down, hopefully it stays the same at least
15 avr. 2020 à 17 h 39
Démarrer sujet
It does make sense, my thought is next years draft is stacked with d and it doesn’t seem to be real strong with forwards. It’ll be an interesting summer if the cap does go down, hopefully it stays the same at least

I guess we will see what goes down. I’d personally take Lucas Raymond at #2 if they are wanting that F. Stutzle obviously is ranked higher. I just think LR reminds me of Pastrnak or Marner even. They can still grab JS at #10. Either way it’s not my team but I love the Draft regardless.
15 avr. 2020 à 17 h 48
I guess we will see what goes down. I’d personally take Lucas Raymond at #2 if they are wanting that F. Stutzle obviously is ranked higher. I just think LR reminds me of Pastrnak or Marner even. They can still grab JS at #10. Either way it’s not my team but I love the Draft regardless.

Ud take Raymond over byfield? And Stutzle? I like Raymond but he isn’t anywhere close to those two. And as for New Jersey, they need a sniper not another small playmaker. His shot is okay so he’s more like marner than pasta. I think ur overhyping marner. But ya looking at all draft options is fun
15 avr. 2020 à 17 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Ud take Raymond over byfield? And Stutzle? I like Raymond but he isn’t anywhere close to those two. And as for New Jersey, they need a sniper not another small playmaker. His shot is okay so he’s more like marner than pasta. I think ur overhyping marner. But ya looking at all draft options is fun

I think Raymond is undervalued because he gets stuck between the pro league and the junior league. Maybe Stutzle is the guy then. I have no issues with that.
15 avr. 2020 à 21 h 11
Lets go Buffalo
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 81
If I am Buffalo I do not take goalie here, I would draft Marco Rossi here and be very happy.
15 avr. 2020 à 21 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Sabresfan7
If I am Buffalo I do not take goalie here, I would draft Marco Rossi here and be very happy.

I figure Buffalo desperately needs help in G. Lots of good options in the top ten here. Rossi is a solid option.
Franchise goalie might help. I think if Buffalo gets better in goal then they can take a huge step forward. It’s all about building blocks here in my view.
16 avr. 2020 à 8 h 41
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 129
Nice job from an NYR perspective, IMO they would take Jarvis over Quinn and Mercer/Zary over Lappiere but you hit the nail on the head from a positional standpiont.

NYR are going to take 2 forwards I think.
16 avr. 2020 à 11 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NYR_Mike
Nice job from an NYR perspective, IMO they would take Jarvis over Quinn and Mercer/Zary over Lappiere but you hit the nail on the head from a positional standpiont.

NYR are going to take 2 forwards I think.

I think the Rangers could use another top D prospect especially since they just traded Brady Skjei. But I had them take the best player available. I think Lapierre is a steal here. He lit up the Gretzky Hlinka Cup last summer with 11 points in 5 games. High risk high reward.
Quinn is sniper pure and simple. Jarvis looks solid as well.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage