SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

how does nhl deal with player death?

11 avr. 2020 à 19 h 40
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 79
does their family still get the pay? does the team get some form of return like an extra draft pick or early free agent signing?
11 avr. 2020 à 21 h 1
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: rangers300
does their family still get the pay? does the team get some form of return like an extra draft pick or early free agent signing?

I don't think they get an extra draft pick ... I think that's only for unsigned 1st round draft picks (which isn't really its own rule, because you get an extra draft pick for 1st rounders who don't re-sign even if they don't die). I hope the Cave family will still get paid and i'm almost positive they will but that's not something i know about, it's just that it wouldn't make sense not to IMO.
11 avr. 2020 à 21 h 42
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
I don't know about the contract, but I'm sure the family would get money from the NHLPA player's fund.
12 avr. 2020 à 5 h 49
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
My guess is that the Players Assistance Program or another NHLPA program would cover a percentage of his expected career earnings. Obviously, Cave didn't have a chance to really earn yet. This is one thing the NHL is really good at: Taking care of its players, past and present, when they need help.

As far as compensation from a player personnel standpoint, I don't think EDM will be entitled to any extra picks or settlements from the league. But, I'm sure his contract was insured.
18 avr. 2020 à 10 h 54
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
give the Caves money and donate money to cave (real caves) support

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage