Yay or Nay 3 way trade with DAL and WPG

Créé par: F50marco
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 9 avr. 2020
Publié: 9 avr. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Flat cap no CBO.

The team isn't finished Habs fans - just a rough estimate after the 3 way trade.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
66 250 000 $
21 250 000 $
2900 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Holtz, Alexander
3925 000 $
Transactions
MTL
WPG
DAL
MTL
DAL
  1. Kulak, Brett
  2. Lehkonen, Artturi
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (WPG)
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
  5. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (MTL)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de ANA
Logo de MTL
Logo de FLA
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de OTT
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de VGK
Logo de OTT
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2581 500 000 $77 889 643 $0 $4 625 000 $3 610 357 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 2
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 916 667 $2 916 667 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
Holtz, Alexander
925 000 $925 000 $
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Stars de Dallas
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
4 625 000 $4 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 29
Jetsfan
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,585
switch out Weal for a 2021 3rd rounder
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,693
Quoting: Jetman

Weal isn't in there because i know you guys want him sooooo badly. He's in there because we need to swap equal bodies out and share the cap exchange in the process.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 38
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 696
Caufield is going back to college this year. I think montreal would like Perreault and Comeau thought
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 40
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
Fair, but I don’t think MTL needs a big change right now
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MMXD
Caufield is going back to college this year. I think montreal would like Perreault and Comeau thought

Yeah but he'd probably come to Montreal right after his College season is done so I added him for future reference only.
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 41
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 696
Quoting: F50marco
Yeah but he'd probably come to Montreal right after his College season is done so I added him for future reference only.

Makes sense.
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: GMs
Fair, but I don’t think MTL needs a big change right now

Not really that big of a change. ... At its core its essentially Domi and Lehk for Lindell and Veselainen + taking on cap.

I do think this team needs a change right now though.......they've been out of the playoffs for the past 3 years and this solves some problems for them now and in the future.
GMs a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 44
Jetsfan
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,585
Weal isn't in there because i know you guys want him sooooo badly. He's in there because we need to swap equal bodies out and share the cap exchange in the process.

Ok, still add in the 3rd.
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 47
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Canadiens fans, I say this to you with good intentions: Stay away from Lindell and that contract. I know you need LD, but there are better options.
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Jetman
Ok, still add in the 3rd.

I feel that is overkill personally. I feel the Habs have taken concession on this trade as its evolved from the first time I've posted it a little while back.

Its started out as: (With at least one notable Jets fan accepting at each rendition)

Domi for Heinola, 2020 1st and Perreault.
Heinola is off limits!

OK fine...

Domi for Veselainen, 2020 1st and Perreault.
Jets won't trade their 2020 1st!!

OK fine.....

Domi+Weal for Veselainen. 2021 1st, Perreault and Lowry.
I dunno Im not sure.....

uuughhh ok fine....

Domi+Weal+Honka for Veselainen, 2021 1st, Perreault, Lowry.

Lol I feel I've stretched it as much as possible for it to be fair so both teams can be happy with their returns.
GMs a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2020 à 17 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Canadiens fans, I say this to you with good intentions: Stay away from Lindell and that contract. I know you need LD, but there are better options.

What are some other options Habs could realistically get?
9 avr. 2020 à 18 h 12
What are some other options Habs could realistically get?

Well it depends on what you consider realistic. I think you and I fundamentally disagree on the direction the Habs should go, and that's fine, but if they are going to try the general route that is suggested here, I think some better options off the top of my head could include: Sergachev, Brodin, one of Anaheim's LD (Fowler/Lindholm), and, bear with me here, Krug. I'd have to look around a bit to come up with some more, but there definitely are more out there.
9 avr. 2020 à 18 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 9 avr. 2020 à 18 h 53
Well it depends on what you consider realistic. I think you and I fundamentally disagree on the direction the Habs should go, and that's fine, but if they are going to try the general route that is suggested here, I think some better options off the top of my head could include: Sergachev, Brodin, one of Anaheim's LD (Fowler/Lindholm), and, bear with me here, Krug. I'd have to look around a bit to come up with some more, but there definitely are more out there.

Actually I think you and I aren't really that far to be honest, I believe the current Habs management/ownership and organizational philosophy is however. But I think we've already spoken at length on that. wink

Regarding the players you mentioned though, listen if they are A) available and B) willing to come to Montreal Im all for it. It will come down to cost and that is always the main sticking point right? So without knowing what the cost would be, its all fun and dandy but we need to know the cost to be able to make an honest assessment.

Although those players are all not realistic IMO with the exception of Brodin.

- Sergachev OS is not happening. He's too good not to have other teams interested in him and he has ZERO incentive to sign with the Habs over any other team. Frankly If I were him, Id rather take less money on a bridge deal than some big payout with MTL. There is bad blood with Serg and MTL now and I just don't see it working.
- Brodin is a nice option but it really depends on what the cost is.
- Fowler has a 28 team NTC, I would bet my life savings Montreal isn't one of the 3...... we'll never know though.
-Lindholm would be awesome but the cost IMO would be more than Im willing to pay. I didn't choose Lindell because he's the best dman in the league, I chose him because that was the most I was willing to pay and felt he was one of the only players that was attainable for that price.
- Krug is going to cost 8-9M if he entertains MTL as a destination. I'm sorry but that is IMO a terrible idea.
9 avr. 2020 à 18 h 38
Démarrer sujet
9 avr. 2020 à 18 h 52
Actually I think you and I aren't really that far to be honest, I believe the current Habs management/ownership and organizational philosophy is however. But I think we've already spoken at length on that. wink

Regarding the players you mentioned though, listen if they are A) available and B) willing to come to Montreal Im all for it. It will come down to cost and that is always the main sticking point right? So without knowing what the cost would be, its all fun dandy but we need to know the cost to be able to make an honest assessment.

Although those players are all not realistic IMO with the exception of Brodin.

- Sergachev OS is not happening. He's too good not to have other teams interested in him and he has ZERO incentive to sign with the Habs over any other team. Frankly If I were him, Id rather take less money on a bridge deal than some big payout with MTL. There is bad blood with Serg and MTL now and I just don't see it working.
- Brodin is a nice option but it really depends on what the cost is.
- Fowler has a 28 team NTC, I would bet my life savings Montreal isn't one of the 3...... we'll never know though.
-Lindholm would be awesome but the cost IMO would be more than Im willing to pay. I didn't choose Lindell because he's the best dman in the league, I chose him because that was the most I was willing to pay and felt he was one of the only players that was attainable for that price.
- Krug is going to cost 8-9M if he entertains MTL as a destination. I'm sorry but that is IMO a terrible idea.

I wasn't referring to an OS for Sergachev, I was talking trade. IMO, Sergachev is the most likely to go if Tampa finds themselves needing to trade one of their RFA's. And they wouldn't be looking for big cap back, but rather futures which MTL has an abundance of, whether it be picks or prospects.
I think you could make something work surrounding Brodin and Domi. (Minny wants centers)
It's not likely that MTL is on Fowler's trade list, but if he wants to play meaningful hockey anytime soon, I could see him waiving. Lindholm probably would be quite expensive, but I wonder there too, if Domi could be a centerpiece. Anaheim is a weird team/fanbase to get a grasp on so Idk.
Krug would be expensive money wise, but for what he brings and the fact that you don't have to give up any assets to get him, he'd be preferable over Lindell for sure. Let's say he makes 8.5 that's only 2.7 more than Lindell and he's far, far better. And don't be sorry. Let me be clear, I don't think that any of these scenario's that I listed are a good idea, just better options than Lindell IF the Canadiens want to go that direction.
9 avr. 2020 à 19 h 8
Démarrer sujet
I wasn't referring to an OS for Sergachev, I was talking trade. IMO, Sergachev is the most likely to go if Tampa finds themselves needing to trade one of their RFA's. And they wouldn't be looking for big cap back, but rather futures which MTL has an abundance of, whether it be picks or prospects.
I think you could make something work surrounding Brodin and Domi. (Minny wants centers)
It's not likely that MTL is on Fowler's trade list, but if he wants to play meaningful hockey anytime soon, I could see him waiving. Lindholm probably would be quite expensive, but I wonder there too, if Domi could be a centerpiece. Anaheim is a weird team/fanbase to get a grasp on so Idk.
Krug would be expensive money wise, but for what he brings and the fact that you don't have to give up any assets to get him, he'd be preferable over Lindell for sure. Let's say he makes 8.5 that's only 2.7 more than Lindell and he's far, far better. And don't be sorry. Let me be clear, I don't think that any of these scenario's that I listed are a good idea, just better options than Lindell IF the Canadiens want to go that direction.

Would you want to acquire a guy your team has bad blood with and you traded away once and he's already gone on record saying how displeased he was about it? I wouldn't. I love Serg as a player, if he says "f*** it, its all water under the bridge now" than by all means Im down for it. Once again it will come down to cost.
I personally think Brodin isn't as good as Lindell. He has less offense, he's older, he's UFA in a year, he's less physical etc etc. This is just preference at the end of the day.
If Fowler's reason for waiving is to try and win, why is he waiving for Montreal? They can't guarantee that.
Hey if Lindholm is even available for Domi as the centerpeice, Im down. I've floated this past some Ducks fans and the responses were to add 1st round picks and prospects....... Price is simply to high for me personally.
Krug at 8.5M would be palatable for the short term, what about when he is 31-32-33 etc? Habs are already married to Price and Weber with their high priced 30yo players and might have some expensive ones coming with Gallagher, Petry etc. Adding another one is a tough pill to swallow. Either way, I personally have a hunch he wouldn't even accept Montreal for just about anything. He's a Bruin lifer and jumping ships to their arch enemies for more money sound very un-Boston like. Its not like he won't have other offers from teams either. Im sure Detroit is a real possibility.
9 avr. 2020 à 19 h 20
Would you want to acquire a guy your team has bad blood with and you traded away once and he's already gone on record saying how displeased he was about it? I wouldn't. I love Serg as a player, if he says "f*** it, its all water under the bridge now" than by all means Im down for it. Once again it will come down to cost.
I personally think Brodin isn't as good as Lindell. He has less offense, he's older, he's UFA in a year, he's less physical etc etc. This is just preference at the end of the day.
If Fowler's reason for waiving is to try and win, why is he waiving for Montreal? They can't guarantee that.
Hey if Lindholm is even available for Domi as the centerpeice, Im down. I've floated this past some Ducks fans and the responses were to add 1st round picks and prospects....... Price is simply to high for me personally.
Krug at 8.5M would be palatable for the short term, what about when he is 31-32-33 etc? Habs are already married to Price and Weber with their high priced 30yo players and might have some expensive ones coming with Gallagher, Petry etc. Adding another one is a tough pill to swallow. Either way, I personally have a hunch he wouldn't even accept Montreal for just about anything. He's a Bruin lifer and jumping ships to their arch enemies for more money sound very un-Boston like. Its not like he won't have other offers from teams either. Im sure Detroit is a real possibility.

I think we're getting stuck on the wrong point here. I don't think any of them are a good idea. I'm not trying to argue that they are a good idea or that they're even available/what the price is, there's no way for me to know that. Really what my point was, is just stay away from Lindell. The likely cost of acquisition, as well as the price on his contract is just more than it should be. I don't disagree with the merit of anything you said there... Except for "Brodin isn't as good as Lindell", that drove me up the wall, but you said it was preference and you're entitled to your opinion so it's probably best to just move on from that lol. I'd just look elsewhere if I was the GM and wanted to move in that direction.
9 avr. 2020 à 19 h 34
Démarrer sujet
I think we're getting stuck on the wrong point here. I don't think any of them are a good idea. I'm not trying to argue that they are a good idea or that they're even available/what the price is, there's no way for me to know that. Really what my point was is just stay away from Lindell. The likely cost of acquisition, as well as the price on his contract is just more than it should be. I don't disagree with the merit of anything you said there... Except for "Brodin isn't as good as Lindell", that drove me up the wall, but you said it was preference and you're entitled to your opinion so it's probably best to just move on from that lol. I'd just look elsewhere if I was the GM and wanted to move in that direction.

I've scoured the league and only was able to find a couple dmen who fit all the Habs needs, Habs can offer what the other team wants and is a player that is capable of playing the quality minutes they need, not too old/not too young/not too expensive/decent size, etc etc

That's why if you know of any other realistic options, Im all ears.

Lindell may not be the best dman in your eyes but if you can't see that he is an upgrade over virtually all our current LHD then Im not sure what to tell you. My gut tells me your an analytics "guy" and Lindell is one of those players that doesn't have great numbers, which is why you are so against him...... Either way its all preferential so to each their own.

Better yet, lets start a new fun challenge on here that actually gets us somewhere. Create your own Habs AGM on what you'd do differently and tag me. I'm very curious to see what you'd do.
9 avr. 2020 à 19 h 38
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,310
I feel that is overkill personally. I feel the Habs have taken concession on this trade as its evolved from the first time I've posted it a little while back.

Its started out as: (With at least one notable Jets fan accepting at each rendition)

Domi for Heinola, 2020 1st and Perreault.
Heinola is off limits!

OK fine...

Domi for Veselainen, 2020 1st and Perreault.
Jets won't trade their 2020 1st!!

OK fine.....

Domi+Weal for Veselainen. 2021 1st, Perreault and Lowry.
I dunno Im not sure.....

uuughhh ok fine....

Domi+Weal+Honka for Veselainen, 2021 1st, Perreault, Lowry.

Lol I feel I've stretched it as much as possible for it to be fair so both teams can be happy with their returns.

Yeah man I think this is fair and I'm cool with taking Weal even though I have no interest in adding him but I agree with you I think a 3rd is overkill and just being greedy.
This is great for the Jets and I'd be pretty happy with this trade if it actually happened.
F50marco a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2020 à 19 h 40
MisstheWhalers

Other then Brodin I don't think any of those dmen are realistic targets for the Habs.
9 avr. 2020 à 20 h 11
Modifié 9 avr. 2020 à 20 h 24
I've scoured the league and only was able to find a couple dmen who fit all the Habs needs, Habs can offer what the other team wants and is a player that is capable of playing the quality minutes they need, not too old/not too young/not too expensive/decent size, etc etc

That's why if you know of any other realistic options, Im all ears.

Who were the other guys that you found? I didn't go through all the teams; the guys that I named were just off the top.

Lindell may not be the best dman in your eyes but if you can't see that he is an upgrade over virtually all our current LHD then Im not sure what to tell you. My gut tells me your an analytics "guy" and Lindell is one of those players that doesn't have great numbers, which is why you are so against him...... Either way its all preferential so to each their own.

Now, hold on. I never said that he was not an upgrade. I said he was overpaid and the acquisition cost is likely more than he is worth. I wouldn't necessarily call myself an analytics guy. Analytics is a broad term, some are more useful than others. It's about the numbers, yes, but you also have to take into account the context of the numbers, and use the eye test. IMO Ceci is a great example of this; He has pretty decent xGA stats this season, but even if he is okay for 99% of a game, his one **** up is royal. Having said that, yes, I am against Lindell in large part because of his numbers.

Better yet, lets start a new fun challenge on here that actually gets us somewhere. Create your own Habs AGM on what you'd do differently and tag me. I'm very curious to see what you'd do.

I really don't feel like doing that because what I would do has so many variables that are just impossible to predict and I'm sure we'd get stuck debating meaningless stuff.

A general outline would be to not look to upgrade at all really. I'm doing a 1 step back, two steps forward approach. I don't think there are any improvements that this team can make right now to truly make themselves competitive. Squeak into a wildcard, maybe, but no real damage. If it's me, I'm selling off UFA's (mayne keep one. Danault?), but let them negotiate contracts first if I can to boost the return. Tatar just had a career year, sell high. I'm recouping picks/prospects and gearing up HARD to make a run in a few years. Let's face it with the Boston's and Tampa's and Toronto's and Washington's of the world, this just isn't Montreal's time. But if I can hit on some picks and develop the guys that I have, in 3-5 years when Boston and Tampa and Washington are a little aged out and Matthews' contract is up... Oh boy, you better look out.
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
9 avr. 2020 à 20 h 14
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Other then Brodin I don't think any of those dmen are realistic targets for the Habs.

Okee Dokee
9 avr. 2020 à 21 h 23
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
I think Jets is paying a tad too much for Domi. Personally I view Vesalainen+1st being too steep price.

I'd also prefer the MTL 1st going to DAL in this move. Somehow I do believe that WPG 1st will be quite low due to them having pretty great roster if they can sort out the 2C issue.
9 avr. 2020 à 22 h 8
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: justaBoss
I think Jets is paying a tad too much for Domi. Personally I view Vesalainen+1st being too steep price.

I'd also prefer the MTL 1st going to DAL in this move. Somehow I do believe that WPG 1st will be quite low due to them having pretty great roster if they can sort out the 2C issue.

Domi is for the 2C issue.
9 avr. 2020 à 22 h 44
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Domi is for the 2C issue.

Indeed.

Although he's more effective on the wing.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage