Forums/Armchair-GM

Opening Night-CBJ Blockbuster

Créé par: ek_65
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 13 mars 2020
Publié: 5 avr. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Who is saying no? I could be totally out to lunch, but think this trade holds merit for both sides.
A premier RHD like Seth Jones is the hottest commodity in hockey, CBJ also was known to go after Marner for an offer sheet. I know cap will be tight for both teams but it's just around even.
Probably best if I break it down piece for piece.
Jones >Marner
Premier RHD are the hottest commodity in the NHL. Though Marner is an elite forward, he holds more than double the cap hit than Jones, and is not a centreman. I attempted to make up for this mismatch in value with the other pieces in the deal. CBJ already has a pretty deep D-core with Werenski, Savard, Gavrikov and Nutivaara and I wonder if they would consider to part with Jones (who's a UFA in 2 years) . Just imagine Marner on the top line with PLD.

Jenner<Kerfoot
Kerfoot definitely holds more value than Jenner and will provide more stability for CBJ's middle. I think Jenner could still be used as a 3C and he provides some size and grit in TML's lineup.
Bjorkstrand= Liljegren
Think this is kind of a wash. TML benefits short-term, CBJ maybe long-term. Bjorkstrand would be brought in to replace some of Marner's offense and is on a great dollar value. Liljegren is a still great young RHD prospect, and can help re-stock CBJ depleted prospect/pick pool.
Nash<Bracco
Nash was thrown in to make the cap closer to even. Pretty high cap for a 4C, but can still skate and be a PK guy. Bracco is an added sweetener for CBJ.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 250 000 $
1700 000 $
32 200 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Sörensen, Marcus
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (SJS)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $80 980 950 $0 $0 $519 050 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
821 667 $821 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 4
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
737 500 $737 500 $
AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 avr. 2020 à 21 h 31
RangerWall92
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 989
Might be a bit much from the leafs side but you got the right idea
ek_65 a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2020 à 21 h 44
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
This trade isn’t happening. Toronto isn’t trading Marner and Columbus isn’t trading Jones.

Also Columbus is sending an elite player, top 6 wing, middle 6 center and 4th line center for an elite player, middle 6 center, top 4 d prospect and an AHL player. Bracco would be the 5th RW in Columbus behind Marner, Atkinson, Anderson and Bremstrom.

Can we please stop with the Marner for Jones trade neither team wants to make that trade.
brocklesnar a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2020 à 22 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,513
Quoting: Ajp_18
This trade isn’t happening. Toronto isn’t trading Marner and Columbus isn’t trading Jones.

Also Columbus is sending an elite player, top 6 wing, middle 6 center and 4th line center for an elite player, middle 6 center, top 4 d prospect and an AHL player. Bracco would be the 5th RW in Columbus behind Marner, Atkinson, Anderson and Bremstrom.

Can we please stop with the Marner for Jones trade neither team wants to make that trade.

There is no point reasoning with leaf fans on this. Ughhhhh
Ajp_18 et brocklesnar a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2020 à 22 h 59
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 443
Leafs would not ever trade Marner for all 4 of the players you listed as he is a Leafs franchise player.
5 avr. 2020 à 23 h 9
Go Sharks Go
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 656
We won't give you our 2020 2nd for Johnsson. I think Sorensen and a 2021 3rd is a fair deal for him, but we would probably give you Sorensen and Colorado's 2020 2nd too.
5 avr. 2020 à 23 h 16
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,631
Who is saying no? I could be totally out to lunch, but think this trade holds merit for both sides.

I sure like to see the other 29 teams and their offer for Jones. Seems like only the Leafs have to traded 90 point player for two years of Jones. Think Jones is really going that much difference to the Leaf to the expense of trading Marner ?
ek_65 et TML_Tika a aimé ceci.
6 avr. 2020 à 10 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 45
Quoting: TML_Tika
Leafs would not ever trade Marner for all 4 of the players you listed as he is a Leafs franchise player.

How many franchise players does one team need? Nylander has shown he can be a first line player, and you already have $22M attached to Tavares, and Matthews. Why not trade Marner, free up some future cap space and get the exact type player in Jones (elite top pair RHD) and Bjorkstrand (top 6 winger) the team needs in return?
6 avr. 2020 à 10 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: palhal

I sure like to see the other 29 teams and their offer for Jones. Seems like only the Leafs have to traded 90 point player for two years of Jones. Think Jones is really going that much difference to the Leaf to the expense of trading Marner ?

I think Jones is a perfect piece for Toronto's blue line. In my opinion the Leafs don't need Marner, he's a great player but he does have an expensive contract and is not the ultimate play-driver in the Leafs forward group. If the Leafs want to become a contender they need to improve their D-core and I believe adding a stud like Seth Jones dramatically changes their team outlook. They'll still be able to produce offense and score goals but this just brings them to another level considering their difficulties with defending.
6 avr. 2020 à 13 h 0
Quoting: ek_65
I think Jones is a perfect piece for Toronto's blue line. In my opinion the Leafs don't need Marner, he's a great player but he does have an expensive contract and is not the ultimate play-driver in the Leafs forward group. If the Leafs want to become a contender they need to improve their D-core and I believe adding a stud like Seth Jones dramatically changes their team outlook. They'll still be able to produce offense and score goals but this just brings them to another level considering their difficulties with defending.

How can you say that Marner is not a play driver in the Leafs forward group?
6 avr. 2020 à 14 h 7
Démarrer sujet
How can you say that Marner is not a play driver in the Leafs forward group?

He is not the *ultimate* play driver. Yes he can drive plays, but if Marner isn't there, the Leafs forward group will still be successful with Matthews, Tavares and Nylander, etc.
6 avr. 2020 à 14 h 41
He is not the *ultimate* play driver. Yes he can drive plays, but if Marner isn't there, the Leafs forward group will still be successful with Matthews, Tavares and Nylander, etc.

So let me understand your logic. Both Tavares and Matthews both have career years in successive seasons when Marner is on their line, but Marner is not a play driver in your opinion. Makes no sense to me but maybe @MitchMarnerElite would have a view on this issue as he follows Marner very closely.
6 avr. 2020 à 14 h 46
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
So let me understand your logic. Both Tavares and Matthews both have career years in successive seasons when Marner is on their line, but Marner opinion is not a play driver in your opinion. Makes no sense to me but maybe @MitchMarnerElite would have a more an opinion as he follows Marner very closely.

Marner is a decent play driver, but he’s not the best in that category. Being a good play driver means to be able to generate possession and shots in the offensive zone by sustaining the puck in the offensive zone. Individually, that’s not one of Marner’s strengths as most times he generates scoring off the zone entry. He generates less quantity but more quality.
6 avr. 2020 à 15 h 31
LongtimeLeafsufferer

I know ever wails on the Leafs Dmen. When/if the NHL restarts, the Leaf worse Dman on the current team Tyson Barrie , won't be on it. Neither will. 4.5m Ceci. Hopefully three starters Reilly, Muzzin and Dermot won't be on LTIR as they did this season. So the Leafs do have NHL Dmen and some cap flexibility
No one ever criticizes the Sharks and their 26.5mm tied in three aging Dmen...Karlsson, Burns and Vlasic...and that team had a worse GAA than the Leafs. But somehow so many folks think the Leaf need a RHD at any cost
I just don't think Jones and his two years is a good trade value for five years of Marner. If anything I would rather sign a competent to good UFA Dman and then trade a player(s) for assets to be cap compliant.
For example rather sign Pietrangelo at 9.5 X 7 and trade Marner for three firsts or two excellent prospects than go the one career playoff round win Jones for two years. (if the Leafs think this mystical RHD the answer)
TML_Tika a aimé ceci.
6 avr. 2020 à 15 h 56
I know ever wails on the Leafs Dmen. When/if the NHL restarts, the Leaf worse Dman on the current team Tyson Barrie , won't be on it. Neither will. 4.5m Ceci. Hopefully three starters Reilly, Muzzin and Dermot won't be on LTIR as they did this season. So the Leafs do have NHL Dmen and some cap flexibility
No one ever criticizes the Sharks and their 26.5mm tied in three aging Dmen...Karlsson, Burns and Vlasic...and that team had a worse GAA than the Leafs. But somehow so many folks think the Leaf need a RHD at any cost
I just don't think Jones and his two years is a good trade value for five years of Marner. If anything I would rather sign a competent to good UFA Dman and then trade a player(s) for assets to be cap compliant.
For example rather sign Pietrangelo at 9.5 X 7 and trade Marner for three firsts or two excellent prospects than go the one career playoff round win Jones for two years. (if the Leafs think this mystical RHD the answer)

To my mind both Dermott and Sandin have the upside to both be top pairing defenceman in the NHL and when you already have Rielly and Muzzen who are top pairing defenseman and Holl who is breaking through to become a quality defenseman you can argue that the Leafs have 5 quality defenseman already on the roster which stack up or better than most other teams in the NHL.

They also have some quality defenseman prospects in Liljegren and Duszak coming and maybe only need to sign one UFA defenseman this year to buy some more time for defensive prospects to develope.
palhal a aimé ceci.
7 avr. 2020 à 7 h 4
LongtimeLeafsufferer
To my mind both Dermott and Sandin have the upside to both be top pairing defenceman in the NHL and when you already have Rielly and Muzzen who are top pairing defenseman and Holl who is breaking through to become a quality defenseman you can argue that the Leafs have 5 quality defenseman already on the roster which stack up or better than most other teams in the NHL.

They also have some quality defenseman prospects in Liljegren and Duszak coming and maybe only need to sign one UFA defenseman this year to buy some more time for defensive prospects to develope.

Hello TML Tika. See you are relatively new to CF, and as tell me profile...I'm an old fart. Welcome to the gang the CF.
Here's my take on "top pairing". To me it's pretty well nonsense to have these numerical listing of Dman pairings. Don't know how Reilly can be considered a "top pairing" or "premium" Dman, when under Babcock and Keefe, they refuse to let the defensive deficient Reilly play the PK. So while Reilly might play the most minutes of any Leaf Dman, it' mostly due to "easy" though effective minute on the PK. Cody Ceci got a lot of hate on this site....but IMO it was Tyson Barrie who was Leafs worse Dman this season. Sure Barrie got points on the PP, but he didn't play the PK and even strength numbers were poor.
Regardless, if the worse Dmen a team has plays 14 minutes a game, they better be NHL competent as for sure they are going to seeing PK minutes as well as playing against top lines especially on the road.
Also all this site, there is an obsession with the Leafs and the Leafs only and the need for RHD. Doesn't matter the quality of player, seemingly the Leaf need any RHD and these RHD have to obtained at premium trade price to the Leafs.
You're right the Leafs seem to have enough quality NHL Dmen. Reilly, Muzzin, Dermot, Sandin, and Holl. That's five. Liljjegren and Marincin makes seven. Surely the Leaf can trade some cap in order find another competent Dman or two for the next season.
7 avr. 2020 à 13 h 43
Hello TML Tika. See you are relatively new to CF, and as tell me profile...I'm an old fart. Welcome to the gang the CF.
Here's my take on "top pairing". To me it's pretty well nonsense to have these numerical listing of Dman pairings. Don't know how Reilly can be considered a "top pairing" or "premium" Dman, when under Babcock and Keefe, they refuse to let the defensive deficient Reilly play the PK. So while Reilly might play the most minutes of any Leaf Dman, it' mostly due to "easy" though effective minute on the PK. Cody Ceci got a lot of hate on this site....but IMO it was Tyson Barrie who was Leafs worse Dman this season. Sure Barrie got points on the PP, but he didn't play the PK and even strength numbers were poor.
Regardless, if the worse Dmen a team has plays 14 minutes a game, they better be NHL competent as for sure they are going to seeing PK minutes as well as playing against top lines especially on the road.
Also all this site, there is an obsession with the Leafs and the Leafs only and the need for RHD. Doesn't matter the quality of player, seemingly the Leaf need any RHD and these RHD have to obtained at premium trade price to the Leafs.
You're right the Leafs seem to have enough quality NHL Dmen. Reilly, Muzzin, Dermot, Sandin, and Holl. That's five. Liljjegren and Marincin makes seven. Surely the Leaf can trade some cap in order find another competent Dman or two for the next season.

The Barabanov signing today ensures your wish of the Leafs trading a forward out to upgrade the defense with one additional player and think the player on the move will be Johnsson or Kerfoot.
7 avr. 2020 à 19 h 50
LongtimeLeafsufferer
The Barabanov signing today ensures your wish of the Leafs trading a forward out to upgrade the defense with one additional player and think the player on the move will be Johnsson or Kerfoot.

I've thought for awhile that Johnsson would be preferred Leaf to traded, for cap reasons and that wingers are more easily replaced. Without even seeing Barabanov play, I kinda doubt if he I what the Leaf need. Is he NHL good enough? His age, size and stats don't scream NHLer to me.
TML_Tika a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2020 à 1 h 14
I've thought for awhile that Johnsson would be preferred Leaf to traded, for cap reasons and that wingers are more easily replaced. Without even seeing Barabanov play, I kinda doubt if he I what the Leaf need. Is he NHL good enough? His age, size and stats don't scream NHLer to me.

I actually think there is no way that the Leafs would be wasting this much time and resources scouting and courting Barabanov if he could not play. May be wrong but I think he is going to play really well with other highly skilled players like Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly. The Leafs were the best fit for Barabanov to be successful in the NHL.

I have been waiting for years for the Leafs to win another cup and I can smell the finish line right now just can not predict the exact date but know it is going to happen in the next 5 years.

Not saying you are wrong but I am just choosing to be a believer as thing the fun is just starting.
8 avr. 2020 à 9 h 4
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I actually think there is no way that the Leafs would be wasting this much time and resources scouting and courting Barabanov if he could not play. May be wrong but I think he is going to play really well with other highly skilled players like Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly. The Leafs were the best fit for Barabanov to be successful in the NHL.

I have been waiting for years for the Leafs to win another cup and I can smell the finish line right now just can not predict the exact date but know it is going to happen in the next 5 years.

Not saying you are wrong but I am just choosing to be a believer as thing the fun is just starting.

LOL. See how long have you waiting for the Leaf to win another Cup? Check MY profile... I've been waiting longer.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage