Shambles

Créé par: HatterTParty
Équipe: 2019-20 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 5 avr. 2020
Publié: 5 avr. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Just something for consideration.

First off, this comes off an idea from fansided. Full disclosure, I do not like fansided. It’s a biased website with articles written about teams by fans of those teams. That being said, you know what you’re getting into when you read their articles.

However, an article was posted today that actually addressed a realistic issue with the hawks. Namely, it dealt Ian Mitchell. Now, I like Ian Mitchell. He’s a modern day defenseman who plays a good two way game, is a good skater, and leads by example. However, the hawks do lose rights to him next summer, and he has made it abundantly clear how bad he wanted to win a national championship in Denver. So while the hawks are desperate to sign him, we really don’t know what’s going through Mitchell’s head. Yes, Mitchell has said he values loyalty, but we have to consider something for a second.

What is Ian Mitchell’s motivation to sign with the hawks? Serious question folks. This is not a team trending in the right direction. The coaching has been a black eye since Q left. Worst of all, if you’re Mitchell, what do you think of management? Bowman has proved over and over that he doesn’t think much of his younger players (save for Dach who’s his meal ticket). What I mean to say is that he finds them expendable. Now, forget what you think of these players for just a second and the circumstances behind their departure. The hawks have traded teravainen, Hartman, jokiharju, kahun, danault, and other young players in the last 5 years. If I’m Mitchell, I don’t feel very trusted by management. Some say they traded jokiharju to make room for Mitchell, but I’m sorry, I’d never think bowman was that much of a “down the line” thinker. So, in all seriousness, should Mitchell be skeptical about signing for Chicago? Should he do what Kevin Hayes did years ago and Ryan she’s just did? What exactly is the upside of him signing here (I’m not trying to **** on the hawks guys)? If jokiharju is any indication, I’d be skeptical. I love my hawks, but the team is not the model franchise it once was.
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de PIT
Logo de CHI
Logo de CGY
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2781 500 000 $72 514 186 $0 $7 797 500 $8 985 814 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
880 833 $880 833 $
AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C, AD
RFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance2 475 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 1
775 833 $775 833 $ (Bonis de performance107 500 $$108K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 538 462 $5 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
850 000 $850 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 333 225 $3 333 225 $
DG
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 4
792 500 $792 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DG
RFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 avr. 2020 à 20 h 35
DaBus
Rejoint: sept. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 489
There is a chance he is waiting to sign for this year so he can burn a year off his deal. Right now all ELC contracts signed have to start next season
HatterTParty a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2020 à 21 h 27
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,123
I appreciate your honest takes, but your honesty has turned into biased pessimism against the hawks at this point. All you do is post brutal takes about how the hawks are doomed for the next 100 years and how Dach is never going to amount to anything etc etc. Sure its okay to be realistic that Dach isnt going to be a 1c and will probably cap out at a solid 2c. Its okay to recognize that the Hawks are being stubborn and Bowman should go. But there's a fine line that can be drawn. Mitchell has said countless times that he is excited to join the blackhawks and didnt this year because he didnt think he would be ready. At this point, the blackhawks are his best option because 1. hes going to get plenty of ice time because our defense is trash 2. where else would he go? all the contenders that would want to sign him, he would be a 3rd pairing guy and anywhere else it would be the same, with a **** coach who isnt on a contending team. Sure we would get something that we can manifest this season if we trade him now, but lets pump the brakes on the doom and gloom for a little bit for now. I get enough of it from the media already.
5 avr. 2020 à 23 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 851
Quoting: SlickWilly
I appreciate your honest takes, but your honesty has turned into biased pessimism against the hawks at this point. All you do is post brutal takes about how the hawks are doomed for the next 100 years and how Dach is never going to amount to anything etc etc. Sure its okay to be realistic that Dach isnt going to be a 1c and will probably cap out at a solid 2c. Its okay to recognize that the Hawks are being stubborn and Bowman should go. But there's a fine line that can be drawn. Mitchell has said countless times that he is excited to join the blackhawks and didnt this year because he didnt think he would be ready. At this point, the blackhawks are his best option because 1. hes going to get plenty of ice time because our defense is trash 2. where else would he go? all the contenders that would want to sign him, he would be a 3rd pairing guy and anywhere else it would be the same, with a **** coach who isnt on a contending team. Sure we would get something that we can manifest this season if we trade him now, but lets pump the brakes on the doom and gloom for a little bit for now. I get enough of it from the media already.

First of all, thank you for the respectful way you called out. Sincerely. I appreciate that.

Now, as for my doom and gloom approach, you have to remember I’m always dedicated to this team. I love them and always will. I’ll always cheer for them and hope for the best. However, I hate to say it, but the way the last few years have gone, i just tend to be a bit more realistic. Optimism is always a key part of fandom, but even when the hawks were great, I still was a realist about the moves they made. I was pissed when they traded nick leddy, or when they had to get rid of teravainen, and especially signing bickell to that terrible contract, amongst other moves.

Point is, it doesn’t matter if the hawks are great or bad, I just like talking about my hawks. Yes, it’s been negative lately, but I love and praise things about them still. I love boqvist and Mitchell. Keith is having a great rebound. Kane is still the boss and toews is still a two way maestro. However, on the flip side, the team just has so many holes. My negativity may sound biased, but being a fan means I recognize the good AND the bad.

As for Mitchell, you are right, he has said that wants to sign with the hawks. I believe him! I only posted this to see if there was any reason or rational to not signing with us. Keep in mind, Hayes signed with the rangers when they were still a good team and the hawks actually needed a top 9 F, especially a center! Another example is Adam fox. Not only did he sign with a rebuilding ranger team, but he is the #3 RHD on their team behind Trouba and Deangelo! Also, consider colliton’s treatment of jokiharju. Joki was doing well under Q, then under Colliton he treated like crap and sent back to the Rockford. Colliton likes this defensive style that doesn’t benefit any offensive minded defensemen. All I’m saying is, there are reasons not to be here. However, he is very loyal and has said he wants to be here. I want him here! I love Ian Mitchell. I just miss hockey and love debating hockey. So there’s reasons to sign here and reasons to move on.
SlickWilly a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2020 à 23 h 55
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,205
Modifié 6 avr. 2020 à 0 h 5
I don’t see Mitchell not signing in Chicago. Remember, Hawks are a top 3 and arguably top market team in the NHL. Every player, all else being even, would have Chicago on their top 5 list especially being a ELC on a team that is rebuilding. Assuming a ELC will jump into a full-time role on a team and then ride it to a cup is crazy. ELCs are interested in proving they belong in the league not coming into their first year focused on playing for a cup contender. Let’s not kid ourselves here, Mitchell is a good prospect but he’s not a top 5 prospect in the league, he still needs to prove himself and he has a lot to prove he belongs in the NHL at this point and there’s no better team then Chicago who is a mess defensively.
SlickWilly a aimé ceci.
5 avr. 2020 à 23 h 59
Quoting: HatterTParty
First of all, thank you for the respectful way you called out. Sincerely. I appreciate that.

Now, as for my doom and gloom approach, you have to remember I’m always dedicated to this team. I love them and always will. I’ll always cheer for them and hope for the best. However, I hate to say it, but the way the last few years have gone, i just tend to be a bit more realistic. Optimism is always a key part of fandom, but even when the hawks were great, I still was a realist about the moves they made. I was pissed when they traded nick leddy, or when they had to get rid of teravainen, and especially signing bickell to that terrible contract, amongst other moves.

Point is, it doesn’t matter if the hawks are great or bad, I just like talking about my hawks. Yes, it’s been negative lately, but I love and praise things about them still. I love boqvist and Mitchell. Keith is having a great rebound. Kane is still the boss and toews is still a two way maestro. However, on the flip side, the team just has so many holes. My negativity may sound biased, but being a fan means I recognize the good AND the bad.

As for Mitchell, you are right, he has said that wants to sign with the hawks. I believe him! I only posted this to see if there was any reason or rational to not signing with us. Keep in mind, Hayes signed with the rangers when they were still a good team and the hawks actually needed a top 9 F, especially a center! Another example is Adam fox. Not only did he sign with a rebuilding ranger team, but he is the #3 RHD on their team behind Trouba and Deangelo! Also, consider colliton’s treatment of jokiharju. Joki was doing well under Q, then under Colliton he treated like crap and sent back to the Rockford. Colliton likes this defensive style that doesn’t benefit any offensive minded defensemen. All I’m saying is, there are reasons not to be here. However, he is very loyal and has said he wants to be here. I want him here! I love Ian Mitchell. I just miss hockey and love debating hockey. So there’s reasons to sign here and reasons to move on.

I try not to be a dickhead until I need to lmao. Those reasons are pretty fair. I guess the Adam Fox comparable works, but I think that was more of a location preference than anything else. This might just be my opinion, but I am going to completely give credit to Boqvist and Dach's defensive developments to Colliton. But I am also going to blame their lack of offensive progress on him as well. So I think Jokiharju just wasnt willing to put in the defensive work in that Colliton was asking. Thats just my speculation and I could be completely wrong, but it does make a little sense. Also Bickell would've been so sick if he didnt get a concussion or MS. That was just purely bad luck otherwise we probably wouldnt have traded bickell and turbo. As far as the Leddy trade, it sucked, but Pokka was supposed to be a decent prospect, and we "fleeced" VAN for Forsling and he was also supposed to be the next big thing. If those two progressed as scheduled, we would still be competing right now. So I think while a lot of it is mismanagement, there was definitely a bit of bad luck involved. So I agree, if we can get some big return for him, it would not be a bad idea. But lets not trade him just to trade him. I think there is definitely merit in showing loyalty to your prospects and if 1 or 2 walk, that sucks.
6 avr. 2020 à 0 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ChiHawk
I don’t see Mitchell not signing in Chicago. Remember, Hawks are a top 3 and arguably top market team in the NHL. Every player, all else being even, would have Chicago on their top 5 list especially being a ELC on a team that is rebuilding. Assuming a ELC will jump into a full-time role on a team and then ride it to a cup is crazy. ELCs are interested in proving they belong in the league not coming into their first year focused on playing for a cup contender. Let’s not kid ourselves here, Mitchell is a good prospect but he’s not a top 5 prospect in the league, he still needs to prove himself and he has a lot to prove he belongs in the NHL at this point and there’s no better team then Chicago who is a mess defensively.

Definitely agree with Chicago being the top market team and the appeal it provides as you said. I do believe in the end Mitchell will sign here, however, I do question exactly how Colliton will use him. Due respect, but I fear similarities between Mitchell and jokiharju. Hopefully those fears are unfounded of course. But with joki being a first rounder and Mitchell being a second rounder, there is a concern I’ll have about his longevity here if joki couldn’t be considered valuable.
6 avr. 2020 à 1 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SlickWilly
I try not to be a dickhead until I need to lmao. Those reasons are pretty fair. I guess the Adam Fox comparable works, but I think that was more of a location preference than anything else. This might just be my opinion, but I am going to completely give credit to Boqvist and Dach's defensive developments to Colliton. But I am also going to blame their lack of offensive progress on him as well. So I think Jokiharju just wasnt willing to put in the defensive work in that Colliton was asking. Thats just my speculation and I could be completely wrong, but it does make a little sense. Also Bickell would've been so sick if he didnt get a concussion or MS. That was just purely bad luck otherwise we probably wouldnt have traded bickell and turbo. As far as the Leddy trade, it sucked, but Pokka was supposed to be a decent prospect, and we "fleeced" VAN for Forsling and he was also supposed to be the next big thing. If those two progressed as scheduled, we would still be competing right now. So I think while a lot of it is mismanagement, there was definitely a bit of bad luck involved. So I agree, if we can get some big return for him, it would not be a bad idea. But lets not trade him just to trade him. I think there is definitely merit in showing loyalty to your prospects and if 1 or 2 walk, that sucks.

All very well said. I agree on many points. The logic trades were definitely sound too. I sometimes forget we got pokka in that leddy (god that kid bombed hard). Bickell, I will say though, I’ll never really get. He goes from $525,000 a year to 4 million a year. All because of a good playoff, that’s it. I’m not saying he wasn’t clutch for a year or two but I’m not so sure he was top six material.

As for Colliton, I agree, he’s made players care about their defensive game more, but not everyone. Dach and boqvist, yea, but guys nylander or debrincat or even Strome, I don’t quite see it. As for offense, you’re spot on, he’s god awful at that. What’s more concerning to me is that I fear, in their developing years, that could cost them creativity in the future.
6 avr. 2020 à 2 h 0
All very well said. I agree on many points. The logic trades were definitely sound too. I sometimes forget we got pokka in that leddy (god that kid bombed hard). Bickell, I will say though, I’ll never really get. He goes from $525,000 a year to 4 million a year. All because of a good playoff, that’s it. I’m not saying he wasn’t clutch for a year or two but I’m not so sure he was top six material.

As for Colliton, I agree, he’s made players care about their defensive game more, but not everyone. Dach and boqvist, yea, but guys nylander or debrincat or even Strome, I don’t quite see it. As for offense, you’re spot on, he’s god awful at that. What’s more concerning to me is that I fear, in their developing years, that could cost them creativity in the future.

Well I dont think Strome and Debrincat were necessarily his doing, but I think debrincat plays a solid game overall but had a bumpy year. Nylander is just an interesting case. The bickell thing im 100% convinced he would have been worth the contract if he hadnt gotten vertigo (MS) but the symptoms slowly crept in and he lost his game way before he was actually diagnosed.
6 avr. 2020 à 14 h 20
Definitely agree with Chicago being the top market team and the appeal it provides as you said. I do believe in the end Mitchell will sign here, however, I do question exactly how Colliton will use him. Due respect, but I fear similarities between Mitchell and jokiharju. Hopefully those fears are unfounded of course. But with joki being a first rounder and Mitchell being a second rounder, there is a concern I’ll have about his longevity here if joki couldn’t be considered valuable.

Jokiharju’s trade is rumored to be based off of what happened off the ice not on the ice.
6 avr. 2020 à 20 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Jokiharju’s trade is rumored to be based off of what happened off the ice not on the ice.

If that is the case, I accept that. However, the question then becomes: you traded a player with high potential who had some off ice issues for a player with decent potential who had on ice issues?
6 avr. 2020 à 23 h 42
If that is the case, I accept that. However, the question then becomes: you traded a player with high potential who had some off ice issues for a player with decent potential who had on ice issues?

That’s a separate debate entirely. It’s widely known that Jokiharju was vocally insubordinate to JC and even when the team stressed the importance of spending the summer training in Chicago he took off for Finland without informing the team until he got there. If this is true, you can understand why Chicago jettisoned him knowing the stable of young prospects they have.

Now who they traded for is subjective and conjecture whether we would have done the same or not.
7 avr. 2020 à 12 h 25
Démarrer sujet
That’s a separate debate entirely. It’s widely known that Jokiharju was vocally insubordinate to JC and even when the team stressed the importance of spending the summer training in Chicago he took off for Finland without informing the team until he got there. If this is true, you can understand why Chicago jettisoned him knowing the stable of young prospects they have.

Now who they traded for is subjective and conjecture whether we would have done the same or not.

That is fair to bring up. It definitely felt like joki was more comfortable with Q. Then again, hate to say it, but does anyone on this team really seem that comfortable with JC? Again, that is another debate entirely.

As for joker and how it relates to Mitchell, I just wonder if that is a case of a poor environment to grow young players. It’s clear to me that JC isn’t an inspirational or “man management” styled coach. If that rumor is true and joker stepped over the line with the Finland over Chicago stunt, that speaks for itself. However, JC doesn’t preach a style that is conducive to bringing out the best in players like Mitchell, joker, and especially boqvist. Kirby Dach is the anomaly because the entire front offices’ jobs depend on him, but guys like boqvist and Mitchell, and I’m so sure they wouldn’t get sick of playing this way. I have to imagine joker did. That’s my biggest concern with Mitchell looking at the hawks right now. There’s absolutely zero certainty with this team. We’re kind of stuck in that flux of “what are we?” Mitchell may not be a makar level prospect, but he’s good, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s at least questioning the merits of signing with us. Especially between JC, the front office, and what the actual direction of the team is.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage