SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

What would a Cernak to ANA deal look like if he were to get moved?

Does Cernak get traded in a potential cap crunch?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

1 avr. 2020 à 16 h 44
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,938
Title says it all, just out of bored curiosity lets say the Ducks and Lightning are in talks what would Tampa fans want/expect back, and what would Ducks fans want/expect to give.

Poll is likelihood of him moving in general not to ANA

@justaBoss @DiehardRedWingsFan58 @SevenLeg @stammerman @Ledge_And_Dairy
@AFOX10900 @OldNYIfan @mytduxfan

Just curious as to your guys' opinions
SevenLeg, justaBoss et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2020 à 16 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
I don't think Cernak gets traded bc they are already thin on RD, if he does Manson 50% retained would almost have to be the return, they get the better (immediate) player and he'll come in cheaper than Cernak likely will, even for only 2 years... Balance as you wish, i time ANA would get another pick back, but that's just me
OldNYIfan et Salzy a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2020 à 17 h 2
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Quoting: Salzy
Title says it all, just out of bored curiosity lets say the Ducks and Lightning are in talks what would Tampa fans want/expect back, and what would Ducks fans want/expect to give.

I'd say it very much depends on two things
1) what is his ask going to be for the next contract
2) is TB bringing other RHDs back (either via signing or trading). If they don't, can't see any way they'd be moving Cernak, but if they do re-sign Shatty or Rutta or someone else as UFA he might become expendable.

If Cernak was moved, it's probably going to be for future assets as they can't really afford roster players, unless they include a bigger contract in the move. Say, Gourde+Cernak+2nd for Manson for example.
OldNYIfan, SevenLeg, Dan10900 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2020 à 17 h 7
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,016
@AFOX10900 has a pretty good insight, as usual. I don't see Cernak getting traded because he'll be the cheapest of their free agents and thus the easiest to keep. His idea of Manson in return makes sense. I know what I'd LIKE to give -- the 2020 second.
Salzy a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2020 à 17 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: AFOX10900
I don't think Cernak gets traded bc they are already thin on RD, if he does Manson 50% retained would almost have to be the return, they get the better (immediate) player and he'll come in cheaper than Cernak likely will, even for only 2 years... Balance as you wish, i time ANA would get another pick back, but that's just me

Yeah thats my feeling too, This quarentine has me so boreed though ahah, I would love to add Cernak even if Manson has to go back the other way

Quoting: justaBoss
I'd say it very much depends on two things
1) what is his ask going to be for the next contract
2) is TB bringing other RHDs back (either via signing or trading). If they don't, can't see any way they'd be moving Cernak, but if they do re-sign Shatty or Rutta or someone else as UFA he might become expendable.

If Cernak was moved, it's probably going to be for future assets as they can't really afford roster players, unless they include a bigger contract in the move. Say, Gourde+Cernak+2nd for Manson for example.

I would jump on that deal all day personally, though I would rather take on Johnson or Palat. All those guys around 5M AAV on tampa having full no trades makes the situation very interesting

Quoting: OldNYIfan
@AFOX10900 has a pretty good insight, as usual. I don't see Cernak getting traded because he'll be the cheapest of their free agents and thus the easiest to keep. His idea of Manson in return makes sense. I know what I'd LIKE to give -- the 2020 second.

Obviously if that deal can get done I'm all for it, I would be fine doing Manson for Cernak + Johnson/Palat with additional balancing if needed as well though
1 avr. 2020 à 18 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,507
Cernak will be a lot cheaper to sign then people seem to think. I expect him to get a 2 year deal. He also cant be offer sheeted since he only has 2 professional years amd aigned his current contract before age 22. The same way Boeser couldnt last year. This means he doesnt have a lot of leverage in negotiations.
Salzy a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2020 à 22 h 21
Go Bolts!!!
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 153
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Cernak will be a lot cheaper to sign then people seem to think. I expect him to get a 2 year deal. He also cant be offer sheeted since he only has 2 professional years amd aigned his current contract before age 22. The same way Boeser couldnt last year. This means he doesnt have a lot of leverage in negotiations.

Pretty sure Cernak has three years of professional. He played 1 year in the AHL with the Crunch and two years with the Lightning. But also agree he will get a two year deal. It will be interesting to see the number. Does he get a similar deal as Carlo got in Boston or does it come in cheaper.
Salzy a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2020 à 22 h 33
Go Bolts!!!

If the Lightning move him it would have to return a RD in the deal who is NHL ready, I don't think they can trade him for futures. They are so thin on the right side - Cernak is really it in the system for the Bolts, Foote is not quite ready and Sergachev has proved this year he is better playing on his natural left side instead of his off side. Unless they go the UFA route and try to resign Shattenkirk so they could move Cernak. I think they can and will get Rutta back for sure.

I really think it comes down to what he is asking. I am sure it will be a 2 year deal makes the most sense to keep his cost down to try and sign Cirelli and Sergachev. I don't think Cernak is as good as Carlo is in Boston so he should be cheaper then 2.8M. Can the Bolts pull off a 2 year deal around 2 million with him then they are better off keeping him. The Bolts have so many hard decisions.
Salzy, SevenLeg, Dan10900 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2020 à 22 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: stammerman
If the Lightning move him it would have to return a RD in the deal who is NHL ready, I don't think they can trade him for futures. They are so thin on the right side - Cernak is really it in the system for the Bolts, Foote is not quite ready and Sergachev has proved this year he is better playing on his natural left side instead of his off side. Unless they go the UFA route and try to resign Shattenkirk so they could move Cernak. I think they can and will get Rutta back for sure.

I really think it comes down to what he is asking. I am sure it will be a 2 year deal makes the most sense to keep his cost down to try and sign Cirelli and Sergachev. I don't think Cernak is as good as Carlo is in Boston so he should be cheaper then 2.8M. Can the Bolts pull off a 2 year deal around 2 million with him then they are better off keeping him. The Bolts have so many hard decisions.

Yeah I feel like a 2 year 2M AAV should get the job done on a Cernak deal, at most 2.5AAV imo, If the ask comes in too high for Tampa maybe a deal round Cernak for 50% retained Manson (would come in at 2,050,000 for 2 seasons) maybe throw in a contract like mentioned above. I believe Palat is the only one without a full no trade (I think he has a 20 team list) and another asset to ANA could be an interesting potential deal
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
1 avr. 2020 à 22 h 49
Go Bolts!!!
Yeah I feel like a 2 year 2M AAV should get the job done on a Cernak deal, at most 2.5AAV imo, If the ask comes in too high for Tampa maybe a deal round Cernak for 50% retained Manson (would come in at 2,050,000 for 2 seasons) maybe throw in a contract like mentioned above. I believe Palat is the only one without a full no trade (I think he has a 20 team list) and another asset to ANA could be an interesting potential deal

It won't be Palat, he is playing the best of the 5M dollar Lightning players plus he has a NTC until next year. Killorn is the only one who will have a modified NTC after this year but they can move him outright on his own. The only other one could be Johnson just because he is from Washington state so maybe who would go back to the west coast. If they could make a deal for say Johnson-Cernak for 50% retained Manson and another NHL ready bottom 6 asset it might be something they would consider to free up cap but not lose competitiveness. Like I said the Bolts have some hard decisions.
Salzy, Dan10900 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage