Mentions "j'aime": 5,938
Craig Button is brutal, Can't stand him I put 0 stock into any of his rankings
30 mars 2020 à 13 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,970
Quoting: Salzy
Craig Button is brutal, Can't stand him I put 0 stock into any of his rankings

It's always interesting to see just how bad he consistently is. Jack Quinn at 6th, while Rossi and Raymond are 8th and 9th is pretty embarrassing even by his standard.
CD282 a aimé ceci.
30 mars 2020 à 14 h 44
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125
This guy is nuts - Jacob Perreault and Ryan o’rourke falling into 2nd round with Tyson Foerster ahead of them?
Also please Jack Quinn ahead of Marco Rossi - Rossi makes Quinn not the other way round - Craig has been hit on his own button a few too many times
30 mars 2020 à 15 h 5
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,724
Quoting: Leemer
This guy is nuts

Agreed.

Jacob Perreault and Ryan o’rourke falling into 2nd round with Tyson Foerster ahead of them?

Foerster had a fantastic season - what is it that you don't like about his game that he shouldn't be in the 1st?

Also please Jack Quinn ahead of Marco Rossi - Rossi makes Quinn not the other way round

Pretty sure Rossi and Quinn played on separate lines for most of the season; Quinn played on Hoelscher's line. They did play together on the PP, however.
Leemer a aimé ceci.
30 mars 2020 à 18 h 4
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Alexander Holtz at 13??? What is Button on LOLL
30 mars 2020 à 18 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hockey_4213
Alexander Holtz at 13??? What is Button on LOLL

I think he likes to pump CHL guys hard so that when some of these guys like Quinn and LaPierre make team Canada for the world Juniors he's able to point and say "well look at where I had him on my draft list".

Also Craig Button, more than anyone else in the world weights the Hlinka-Gretzky tournament ridiculously highly. He'll make his decision on a player based on that and will hardly consider the regular season unless it supports that hypothesis. For example, Henrix LaPierre was injured for most of the year, and was only average when he finally did get back. But he had a great Hlinka, so he's a top 10 pick, even though I think you'd have to be crazy to take a guy with his concussion histories in the top 10.
Isles777 a aimé ceci.
30 mars 2020 à 18 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 1,448
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I think he likes to pump CHL guys hard so that when some of these guys like Quinn and LaPierre make team Canada for the world Juniors he's able to point and say "well look at where I had him on my draft list".

Also Craig Button, more than anyone else in the world weights the Hlinka-Gretzky tournament ridiculously highly. He'll make his decision on a player based on that and will hardly consider the regular season unless it supports that hypothesis. For example, Henrix LaPierre was injured for most of the year, and was only average when he finally did get back. But he had a great Hlinka, so he's a top 10 pick, even though I think you'd have to be crazy to take a guy with his concussion histories in the top 10.

I agree with you a lot. The only thing is that he is grad8mg talent, and talent wise most people think Lapierre is a top 10 if not a top 15 player. There is no question that you don’t take this guy before 20. Also why is everyone freaking out, this is his opinion on players. Two people could watch the same game and come out will completely different reports
30 mars 2020 à 18 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
I agree with you a lot. The only thing is that he is grad8mg talent, and talent wise most people think Lapierre is a top 10 if not a top 15 player. There is no question that you don’t take this guy before 20. Also why is everyone freaking out, this is his opinion on players. Two people could watch the same game and come out will completely different reports

He's one of the biggest media names in terms of amateur scouting, and a lot of people look at him as the be all end all of draft analysis.

I don't think people are freaking out. It's as close as there's been to hockey news in weeks, and it's really fun to talk about what a hack Button is.
30 mars 2020 à 19 h 22
Fan of the OHL
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Quoting: CD282
Agreed.

Foerster had a fantastic season - what is it that you don't like about his game that he shouldn't be in the 1st?

Pretty sure Rossi and Quinn played on separate lines for most of the season; Quinn played on Hoelscher's line. They did play together on the PP, however.

I like Tyson Foerster - he had a miraculous run up and close in the final parts of the season - i like Perrault a little better based on his consistency - I don’t think their gap is as large as what Button presents
CD282 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage