SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Who Should the Ducks Draft Your Preferences

28 mars 2020 à 16 h 15
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,580
Anaheim could win one of the lotteries, draft anywhere from fourth to sixth, or drop as far as ninth with really bad luck. Give me your list of preferences from 1 through 9. (NB: If you put the wrong guy at #1, we're not going to pay any attention to anything else you say.) Here's my list:

2. Stutzle
3. Drysdale
4. Raymond
5. Holtz
6. Byfield
7. Quinn
8. Schneider
9. Holloway

What's yours?

@AFOX10900 @mytduxfan @Salzy @SammyT51 @tkecanuck341 just for local color @Bf3351 just for local color
28 mars 2020 à 16 h 34
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,805
Modifié 28 mars 2020 à 17 h 40
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Anaheim could win one of the lotteries, draft anywhere from fourth to sixth, or drop as far as ninth with really bad luck. Give me your list of preferences from 1 through 9. (NB: If you put the wrong guy at #1, we're not going to pay any attention to anything else you say.) Here's my list:

2. Stutzle
3. Drysdale
4. Raymond
5. Holtz
6. Byfield
7. Quinn
8. Schneider
9. Holloway

What's yours?

@AFOX10900 @mytduxfan @Salzy @SammyT51 @tkecanuck341 just for local color @Bf3351 just for local color

Ducks, I could see Byfield, they seem to like big centers.

If I'm the kings I'm picking Lafreniere, Drysdale, or Holtz and no one else. We have too many centers. Vilardi, Turcotte, JAD, and Lizzote while all of them could be full time on our roster as early as next season.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 16 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Bf3351
Ducks, I could see Bayfield, they seem to like big centers.

If I'm the kings I'm picking Lafreniere, Drysdale, or Holtz and no one else. We have too many centers. Vilardi, Turcotte, JAD, and Lizzote while all of them could be full time on our roster as early as next season.

Agreed. If they get pushed down as far as fifth again the list should be the same as mine here, but you would have Holtz before Stutzle. That's fair.
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 16 h 54
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,933
Top 10 for me
1. Laf
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Drysdale
5. Holtz
6. Raymond
7. Perfetti
8. Rossi
9. Gunler
10. Lundell
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 17 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Salzy
Top 10 for me
1. Laf
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Drysdale
5. Holtz
6. Raymond
7. Perfetti
8. Rossi
9. Gunler
10. Lundell

I know I'm in the minority here, but I just wouldn't pick Byfield unless my first 5 choices were all gone, even though he's clearly the best center and may be the second-"best" player in the draft. With Zegras, Steel, Lundestrom and Groulx in the fold already, I'd rather draft a winger and hope he turns into the next Leon Draisaitl or David Pastrnak, than draft Byfield and hope he turns into the next Jack Eichel.
Salzy et ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 17 h 8
I know I'm in the minority here, but I just wouldn't pick Byfield unless my first 5 choices were all gone, even though he's clearly the best center and may be the second-"best" player in the draft. With Zegras, Steel, Lundestrom and Groulx in the fold already, I'd rather draft a winger and hope he turns into the next Leon Draisaitl or David Pastrnak, than draft Byfield and hope he turns into the next Jack Eichel.

I’m a big proponent of BPA regardless of need, I think drafting for needs is a big mistake, and makes for weaker prospects and in turn a weaker team. worst case you can trade for a similar value at a position of need but the best player should always be taken imo, and Forwards can always be moved to the wing like how Rakell was drafted as a centre but plays wing exclusively now
OldNYIfan, Dan10900 et TanSor a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 17 h 41
Banni
Agreed. If they get pushed down as far as fifth again the list should be the same as mine here, but you would have Holtz before Stutzle. That's fair.

Just realised autocorrect put Bayfield instead of Byfield lol
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 17 h 44
Banni
Quoting: Salzy
I’m a big proponent of BPA regardless of need, I think drafting for needs is a big mistake, and makes for weaker prospects and in turn a weaker team. worst case you can trade for a similar value at a position of need but the best player should always be taken imo, and Forwards can always be moved to the wing like how Rakell was drafted as a centre but plays wing exclusively now

So pick Byfield (assuming he is available at 5 and ducks are picking at 5) just to trade him instead of picking someone like Holtz or Raymond who may be 1 or 2 spots after?
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 17 h 51
So pick Byfield (assuming he is available at 5 and ducks are picking at 5) just to trade him instead of picking someone like Holtz or Raymond who may be 1 or 2 spots after?

Not necessarily, but drafting Byfield (a better prospect than Steel or Lundestrom ever were) makes either of them more movable. Drafting for needs makes teams reach more, now in the top part of this draft I don’t think you can go wrong from picks 1-6 but in general I am against drafting strictly for needs when in my eyes taking the best prospects available is the better route

And centres can always be moved to the wing but wingers are rarely moved to centre
ZiggyPalffy, awatt et Bflo_Soldier a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 18 h 23
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706

2. Stutzle
3. Drysdale
4. Raymond
5. Holtz
6. Byfield
7. Quinn
8. Schneider
9. Holloway

What's yours?

1. Laffy
2. Byfield
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond
5. Rossi
6. Lundell
7. Perfetti
Drysdale acceptability line
8. Holtz
9. Gunler
10. Drysdale...
Salzy et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 mars 2020 à 11 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
@Wqrrior @TanSor @MNBassman @palhal @Jamiepo Anybody else interested in weighing in?
29 mars 2020 à 12 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071

I think teams should always take the best player available and Byfield is clearly at least the 3rd best player in the draft, if not the 2nd. Worst case scenario you move Zegras to the wing and have Byfield as a center or you trade one of your forwards to fill the position you need. Think of it this way: if you're Arizona, in hindsight for 2015 would you rather have drafted Strome or Marner? Cause some scouts (Bob McKenzie for one) had Marner as the better prospect but Arizona drafted for need.

My personal rankings (not including Askarov cause I'm bad at evaluating goalies) are:
1. Laf
2. Stutzle (carbon copy of Panarin IMO)
3. Byfield
4. Rossi
5. Drysdale
6. Raymond
7. Perfetti
8. Holtz
9. Lundell
10. Either Jarvis, Mercer, or Quinn
Salzy et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 mars 2020 à 14 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
@Sign_em_up000000 Haven't heard from you in almost two weeks. Everything okay?
29 mars 2020 à 20 h 42
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
@Wqrrior @TanSor @MNBassman @palhal @Jamiepo Anybody else interested in weighing in?

Actually I don't follow the draft....at least leading into the draft. Get interested AFTER the draft when analyzing why teams picked certain players over others....especailly if the player selected was a surprisingly high pick. So my knowledge right now would be limited.
I find the NFL draft more interesting since teams often pick by position...So while a highly related WR might be "on the board" to be picked next, he might be bypassed by five teams as they pick for positions of need.
Wqrrior et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 mars 2020 à 20 h 45
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,963
Quoting: palhal
Actually I don't follow the draft....at least leading into the draft. Get interested AFTER the draft when analyzing why teams picked certain players over others....especailly if the player selected was a surprisingly high pick. So my knowledge right now would be limited.
I find the NFL draft more interesting since teams often pick by position...So while a highly related WR might be "on the board" to be picked next, he might be bypassed by five teams as they pick for positions of need.

I know who the guys are, who should go roughly where, but our lists never end up matching the real thing. I know the names but I don't know enough about each guy's skillset to make an informed list.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
29 mars 2020 à 21 h 2
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
Quoting: Wqrrior
I know who the guys are, who should go roughly where, but our lists never end up matching the real thing. I know the names but I don't know enough about each guy's skillset to make an informed list.

I'llm give an example of NHL analysis post draft. Two years ago the Leaf selected a smallest LHD Sandin just ahead of centre Veleno who Detroit selected. Myself and some other Leaf fans thought Sandin was a poor selection. Leafs had smallish Dman especially LHD, and the Leafs needed centres. A week later Tavares is signed, so the centre need wasn't as acute. And Sandin looked good as NHLer this year. Veleno didn't have a good year in Grand Rapids. In ten years we will know whether Sandin or Veleno was the better pick. But right now it looks like the Leafs made the correct decision in picking Sandin.
Wqrrior et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 mars 2020 à 15 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 6,101

2. Stutzle
3. Drysdale
4. Raymond
5. Holtz
6. Byfield
7. Quinn
8. Schneider
9. Holloway

What's yours?

The Ducks have been missing a #1 defenseman since Niedermayer retired. I could see it being a coin flip between Byfield and Drysdale if they pick at #2, but if they pick below that, Drysdale should be their first choice. Recent articles that I have read on The Athletic describe him as the second coming of Drew Doughty.

If the Kings draft in the top 5 and take Drysdale, I'll be very upset. True, they're not very deep at RHD, but they have 3 NHL quality defensemen in the system right now in Doughty, Walker, and Roy, and that's likely not changing in the next 5 or 6 seasons. They can pick up another defensive prospect in the 1st round in a couple years. After Kaliyev, they don't have ANY top-six quality natural wingers under the age of 25 (I'm still not sold on Fagemo). Yes, they could move several players from center to wing, but that still robs them of top-quality wing talent.

As you said, the #1 overall pick is obvious, but after that, I would prefer they take Stutzle or Perfetti. I'd be ok to a lesser degree with one of Raymond or Holtz. I'm not sold on Byfield either, but I would only be disappointed (not upset) if they took him, as he had been the unanimous #2 for quite a while, even if he has been trending downward lately.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 mars 2020 à 15 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: tkecanuck341
The Ducks have been missing a #1 defenseman since Niedermayer retired. I could see it being a coin flip between Byfield and Drysdale if they pick at #2, but if they pick below that, Drysdale should be their first choice. Recent articles that I have read on The Athletic describe him as the second coming of Drew Doughty.

If the Kings draft in the top 5 and take Drysdale, I'll be very upset. True, they're not very deep at RHD, but they have 3 NHL quality defensemen in the system right now in Doughty, Walker, and Roy, and that's likely not changing in the next 5 or 6 seasons. They can pick up another defensive prospect in the 1st round in a couple years. After Kaliyev, they don't have ANY top-six quality natural wingers under the age of 25 (I'm still not sold on Fagemo). Yes, they could move several players from center to wing, but that still robs them of top-quality wing talent.

As you said, the #1 overall pick is obvious, but after that, I would prefer they take Stutzle or Perfetti. I'd be ok to a lesser degree with one of Raymond or Holtz. I'm not sold on Byfield either, but I would only be disappointed (not upset) if they took him, as he had been the unanimous #2 for quite a while, even if he has been trending downward lately.

Once again you and I are not only on the same page, we're in the same paragraph. {LaFreniere}, Stutzle, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti is exactly the preference list I have for the Kings.
30 mars 2020 à 15 h 35
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706

I disagree with everything here, Lindholm had a few years where he was a solid #1 guy, if you take more than 0.5 seconds considering Drysdale at two you're just insane, at 3/4/5, Stutzle Raymond and Rossi are very minor jumps down from Byfield, still a better prospect than Drysdale, Drysdale has number 1 d man upside yes, prime Doughty upside no (current Doughty upside... Sure, he sucks now lol) now that being said, Byfield has top 3-5 C in the game potential, and is NHL ready, and one of the youngest players in this class, Raymond also probably NHL ready, has been impressive getting very little ice time in the SHL, he's truly been making plays and getting really really good chances with consistent defensive done deployments and lower quality linemates, also probably NHL ready, but will probably go back to Sweden and get top 6 mins, score around a PPG, come to NA and take a run for the Calder, Stutzle dominated the WJC, and has been really good for a 17/18 year old in Germany, and Rossi against the same level of competition just makes everyone else look inferior to him sometimes, he's so good, also has top 10-20 C in the world potential (not for all of them I said potential, not guarentee, Byfield is more of a guarentee he'll be a top 10 C tho, vs Drysdale who's potential is a Lindholm type, yeah he's a number 1, but not like top 10 in the league... And a bigger chance to not reach that potential) ok I agree about the Kings stuff, except i highly doubt they keep all 3 of them for the next 5-6 years, eventually one of them will price themselves out or get moved bc the GM need to shake something up... Kaliyev is not gonna be a top 6 guy, he's lazy, doesn't do anything except take passes from his linemates, I swear he never crosses center red, and his shot won't be able to beat NHL goalies as easily as it can best junior goalies, and NHL d men can easily defend a guy standing still waiting for his linemates to do all the hard work, they won't just forget about him, he has no ability or desire to actually go get a puck for himself... Fagemo on the other hand actually has a p good shot at become a top 6 winger...
Idk if you're talking about the Kings or ducks in the third paragraph, but Drysdale having 1 bad game (I'm not even gonna talk about the tournament, he was two months younger than Laf was last year, got the same amount of points with almost no ice time) does not mean he's trending down, he's still the number 2 guy... Don't listen to Button, he's a complete clown that doesn't actually have any player evaluation ability
30 mars 2020 à 16 h 58
Banni

Stutzel and Perfetti are centers not wingers. Drysdale is too good to pass on.
30 mars 2020 à 17 h 25
Stutzel and Perfetti are centers not wingers. Drysdale is too good to pass on.

The ISS has both Stutzel and Perfetti listed at wings, RW and C/LW, respectively. Byfield, Rossi, and Lundell are listed exclusively at C.

Drysdale may be the top defenseman listed in this draft, but there's no indication that he's a Aaron Ekblad or Rasmus Dahlin. 1LW/1RW is a much bigger hole than 2RD, where Drysdale would be slotted until Doughty retires.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 mars 2020 à 18 h 40
Banni
The ISS has both Stutzel and Perfetti listed at wings, RW and C/LW, respectively. Byfield, Rossi, and Lundell are listed exclusively at C.

Drysdale may be the top defenseman listed in this draft, but there's no indication that he's a Aaron Ekblad or Rasmus Dahlin. 1LW/1RW is a much bigger hole than 2RD, where Drysdale would be slotted until Doughty retires.

We haven't had a quality 2RD since Voynov. Every team built/building for success needs a #2 blueliner and while there is no indication that he'll be a Dahlin or Ekblad(strange players to name, Ekblad isn't great) there is indication that he is poised to be a Makar/Byram style defenseman. Roy and Walker aren't going to cut the #2 spot. They are solid 3rd pairing defensemen on a good team. Hence why they are played in our top 4. We have nobody better to put there. Stutzel has played like 2 games on the wing. He is meant to be a center. Same goes with Perfetti.
30 mars 2020 à 19 h 35
We haven't had a quality 2RD since Voynov. Every team built/building for success needs a #2 blueliner and while there is no indication that he'll be a Dahlin or Ekblad(strange players to name, Ekblad isn't great) there is indication that he is poised to be a Makar/Byram style defenseman. Roy and Walker aren't going to cut the #2 spot. They are solid 3rd pairing defensemen on a good team. Hence why they are played in our top 4. We have nobody better to put there. Stutzel has played like 2 games on the wing. He is meant to be a center. Same goes with Perfetti.

I don't disagree that the Kings need to do better at 2RD. Walker is doing an admirable job there in the short term, but I don't think he's the long term solution.

However, why would the Kings want to spend their top 5 overall pick on a guy that's not going to be a top line forward or top pairing defenseman? Perfetti is described as the player with the highest hockey IQ in a decade with a skillset similar to Mitch Marner. Oh, and he can score goals too. Kaliyev is a quality goal scorer, but he's not a playmaker. Perfetti would be a fantastic compliment to his line.

There are a number of players I would take before Drysdale.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
30 mars 2020 à 19 h 43
Banni
I don't disagree that the Kings need to do better at 2RD. Walker is doing an admirable job there in the short term, but I don't think he's the long term solution.

However, why would the Kings want to spend their top 5 overall pick on a guy that's not going to be a top line forward or top pairing defenseman? Perfetti is described as the player with the highest hockey IQ in a decade with a skillset similar to Mitch Marner. Oh, and he can score goals too. Kaliyev is a quality goal scorer, but he's not a playmaker. Perfetti would be a fantastic compliment to his line.

There are a number of players I would take before Drysdale.

I guess if Kings go for Sergachev and/or Deangelo then it would be okay. If not, what is your long term solution for 2RD? Kings aren't going to get any closer to a lottery pick than this season.
30 mars 2020 à 19 h 50
I guess if Kings go for Sergachev and/or Deangelo then it would be okay. If not, what is your long term solution for 2RD? Kings aren't going to get any closer to a lottery pick than this season.

The Kings don't need to solve their long-term issues in one season. They can solve those at next summer's draft. Don't forget, Voynov was taken at 32nd overall in 2008.

The bigger immediate need is two or three top-six wingers. I'm fine with Walker playing at 2RD in the short term until we can fill some of the bigger organizational gaps. IMO, 1LD is a bigger gap than 2RD, as I don't think Bjornfot is going to be a top pairing defenseman either.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage