Forums/Armchair-GM

Top prospects with description

Créé par: arafay
Équipe: 2019-20 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 27 mars 2020
Publié: 27 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Heinola will make the team next year imo. He may be small but he’s so smart. Would probably be pionk’s partner as they worked well together last year.

As for niku I think he gets a regular role next year. He needs to play but also needs to work on playing in his own end. On most nights he does create many plays that result in great chances for but for every time he makes a great play he makes a bad one. That needs to be worked on.

If heinola doesn’t make it Samberg does...though I’m not sure if Samberg’s offensive game is ready. However, he is a big defensemen with good 2-way instincts. Seems like a logical partner for pionk if he makes it.

Chisholm is great offensively and is smart in his own end. However, much like most chl defensemen, he isn’t strong enough for the nhl game yet. He would need a year in the ahl first.

I’ve never been too high on gustafsson but the guy was showing some offensive skill in the ahl before the break that I didn’t think he had. The guy is great down low and in front of the net and is great at breakouts. He is also faster than he looks and has a sneaky shot...and the playmaking is up there as well. I honestly think his floor is a defensive 3C.

Gawanke has so many things to like. He’s strong, great shot, good playmaker, and has a bit of a mean streak. However he needs to spend another year (or 2) cleaning up his defensive game.

As for Vesalainen I think he could really surprise some and make the team next year. Even if he doesn’t he is really growing in the ahl and is developing into a true power forward. Playing with gustafsson only helps that.

The only reason berdin is ranked so low is because the jets have a long term goaltender in hellebuyck. However everyone loves the Birdman. Probably needs one more season getting a little more consistent but he’s getting close.

Smith is super skilled. He needs to work on consistency but he is a solid player with really good potential.

Stanley still needs to work on some things like skating but imo he will be an nhl defensemen. Now if it’s with the jets remains to be seen.

As for lundmark, the production might scare some but the shl is historically a tough league for young defensemen. For perspective broberg had 8 points this season vs lundmark’s 3. Not a crazy difference especially considering lundmark is a defensive defensemen. And they both have the same +/-. Also while broberg played more games in the wjc they had similar production in terms of pts percentage. I think if he comes over next year we could be quite surprised.

Kovacevic took some steps this year and looks like a future nhl defensemen. Haven’t seen enough of him to comment on specifics though.

Spacek appears to have taken a step back in a year most though he could contend for a spot on the jets. However, he is skilled enough to make an nhl roster soon but again, if it will be with the jets remains to be seen.

Seuss is probably ready for a 4th line role or might be a career ahler.

As you can see the jets have a serious problem when it comes to depth in forward and rd. However the wings are set with the big club for a while so it’s not really an issue there. So the jets need to focus on drafting centers, rd, and maybe a few skilled wingers this year.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
3925 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1481 500 000 $36 002 910 $0 $577 500 $45 497 090 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $ (Bonis de performance60 000 $$60K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
RFA
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
817 500 $817 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG, C
RFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
796 667 $796 667 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
DG/DD
UFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 167 $894 167 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
758 333 $758 333 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $
C
RFA
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
925 000 $925 000 $
DD
RFA
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
792 500 $792 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 mars 2020 à 16 h 48
Cold spaghetti
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,134
I would put Samberg over Niku. Will probably be a solid top 4 dman already next year and he actually has a strong offensive game. 21 points in 28 games is pretty good for a defenceman like him
arafay a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 16 h 56
GoJetsGo
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 522
Great list, I'd love to see a Heinola-Pionk pairing next year. And I really hope Maurice will give Niku a fair shot. You can't develop a player in the press box.
arafay et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 16 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
Quoting: bunzy1034
I would put Samberg over Niku. Will probably be a solid top 4 dman already next year and he actually has a strong offensive game. 21 points in 28 games is pretty good for a defenceman like him

I know his offensive game is good but that’s for the NCAA where he has been playing for 3 years. I just don’t think that will immediately translate to the nhl. He could make it based on his defensive game alone but u think his offensive game will need a little work in the ahl first
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 16 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: capfriendlyaccount
Great list, I'd love to see a Heinola-Pionk pairing next year. And I really hope Maurice will give Niku a fair shot. You can't develop a player in the press box.

Hopefully. I really see a lot of potential in niku. The kid sees the ice better than most and is great with the puck. He can also make plays that most in the league only dream of
capfriendlyaccount et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 17 h 9
Once a Kings Fan Too
Mentions "j'aime": 24,583
I find analyses of teams like this by a fan trying hard to be honest and realistic enormously helpful. Thanks so much!!
bunzy1034, arafay, STLBlues17 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 17 h 27
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,082
Quoting: arafay
I know his offensive game is good but that’s for the NCAA where he has been playing for 3 years. I just don’t think that will immediately translate to the nhl. He could make it based on his defensive game alone but u think his offensive game will need a little work in the ahl first

He’s not a offensive dman tho? He can probably be good in the top 4 as a good shutdown dman there isn’t enough offence in the forwards and jmo heinola pionk jets don’t have any shutdown dman
27 mars 2020 à 17 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
I think you underrate Gawanke defensively (he's about average in the A) and overrate him offensively (only slightly above average for the A) which for a first year pro, I'll take... Also not sure Broberg of the guy you want to compare Lundestrom to, he was by far the worst pick of the draft last year, and hasn't been good this year either... (Now lundmark has been WAY worse... Even defensively, but he wasn't a top 10 pick)
27 mars 2020 à 18 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Cheddamonkey37
He’s not a offensive dman tho? He can probably be good in the top 4 as a good shutdown dman there isn’t enough offence in the forwards and jmo heinola pionk jets don’t have any shutdown dman

I know that but you need certain elements of an offensive game to stick in the ahl. You have to lead the rush every once in a while and can’t be afraid to do that and other aspects of the offesive part of a defensemen. I just don’t think that part of samberg’s game is ready. Also to be a pure shutdown d-man you have to be physical. Samberg isn’t nearly as physical as he should be for his size since he doesn’t need to. I think he will spend a year in the ahl. Not really that he isn’t ready for the nhl but he could be more ready.
27 mars 2020 à 18 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 27 mars 2020 à 18 h 13
Quoting: AFOX10900
I think you underrate Gawanke defensively (he's about average in the A) and overrate him offensively (only slightly above average for the A) which for a first year pro, I'll take... Also not sure Broberg of the guy you want to compare Lundestrom to, he was by far the worst pick of the draft last year, and hasn't been good this year either... (Now lundmark has been WAY worse... Even defensively, but he wasn't a top 10 pick)

Gawanke needs to work on his gap control and work around the net among other things in his own end. As for offensively, he had a slow start but since the calendar year started he has been great offensively. He is starting to use his shot to his advantage and imo that part of his game is much better than most think. Also as you said, he is only in his first pro year (great production for a first year pro).

Also for the lundmark to broberg comparison it wasn’t to say lundmark is nearly as good as broberg but more to say that lundmark isn’t nearly as bad as most think and was an adequate pick. He also isn’t in the upper half of top prospects

Also I disagree that broberg was a terrible pick. I believe it was a great pick actually. Again he is in the shl where young defensemen don’t score nearly as much as other leagues.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 18 h 17
Sam
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,188
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I find analyses of teams like this by a fan trying hard to be honest and realistic enormously helpful. Thanks so much!!

Me too, I’ll always read them
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 18 h 24
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: STLBlues17
Me too, I’ll always read them

So far, I've seen only one that I thought was a little tinged with homerism.
27 mars 2020 à 18 h 29
Sam
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,188

They all are a little bit, but that’s fine
27 mars 2020 à 20 h 19
Démarrer sujet

Do you mean this one? Or...

I’m sorry if I can across as a little too favouring or hopeful but I tried not to!

I’m also glad you liked it since I put effort into it.

Also I agree i Love reading the top propects pages especially when they have descriptions
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 21 h 50
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: arafay
Do you mean this one? Or...

I’m sorry if I can across as a little too favouring or hopeful but I tried not to!

I’m also glad you liked it since I put effort into it.

Also I agree i Love reading the top propects pages especially when they have descriptions

No, I was speaking of some one else entirely. Your effort shows and this construction is right down the middle.
arafay a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 2 h 10
TrueNorth
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 682
Well done arafay. Solid list. So much depth at LD. I expect to see some fierce competition coming into camp and then a trade of an odd man out for a forward or RD prospect. Still like to see them take a stab at Honka as a RD asset.
OldNYIfan et arafay a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage