Forums/Armchair-GM

CBO PREDICTION GAME

Créé par: F50marco
Équipe: 2020-21 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 26 mars 2020
Publié: 27 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
No one knows if there even will be a CBO this year but lets setup a list of teams player that would be bought out if they were given 1 CBO per team.

My only criterion are I only used guys with MORE than 1 year left and no perma-LTIR players. (My gut tells me Seabrook will try to come back BTW to that's why I added him.) Also some teams I felt wouldn't even need to use one as they are already doing well cap wise and if they HAD to buy out a player it would be like 1-2M player only so there's no point of stating it here.

NO TRADES to other teams so that they can use their unused buyout for your team at the cost of a draft pick . REMEMBER: EVERY TEAM WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT NEXT YEAR. SO YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO JUST TRADE YOUR PROBLEMS AWAY. Money will be tight and owners will be stin-gee about GM's trying to take advantage of the situation like that.

If it would be someone different or if I didn't add one from your team, let me know who and WHY they would instead.

PS: NO, Marner, Price, Karlsson, Vlasic, Weber, Bobrovsky, Subban etc will not be bought out. Has to be somewhat realistic. No team is buying out these guys, at least NOT YET.
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1781 500 000 $78 958 333 $0 $0 $2 541 667 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flames de Calgary
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Islanders de New York
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Predators de Nashville
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
5 166 666 $5 166 666 $
C, AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 291 667 $5 291 667 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
4 625 000 $4 625 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 mars 2020 à 10 h 41
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,266
Why do you have Gourde here but Subban isnt realistic. One is a young player that was just signed to a decent deal, the other is an old player on a HUGE deal that needs to be bought out. Same with Bobrovsky and Vlasic.

OVERALL, good job. But your logic there was flawed
27 mars 2020 à 10 h 55
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
Quoting: bsilk18
Why do you have Gourde here but Subban isnt realistic. One is a young player that was just signed to a decent deal, the other is an old player on a HUGE deal that needs to be bought out. Same with Bobrovsky and Vlasic.

The problem with buying out guys like Bob, Price is that they are starters, and there may not be replacements.
27 mars 2020 à 10 h 59
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
One of the things I find interesting about the CBO conversation is the cap aspect.

Lets say the cap went up 3 million per team. x 31 teams is 93 million in new cap space.

You look at the cap here that is being wiped out. $92,708,332

My guess is you will see a larger cap increase next year if there is a CBO than if they were to raise the cap by 3 million.
I say this because there will be a lot more cap created than this example above.

So this argument that is going around that players can expect less on a contract due to the flat cap seems kind of silly to me.
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 3
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,634

Gourde is 28 and massively underperformed his contract this year. He has 5 years left on that deal too. I could see TBL buying him out if it didn't impact their cap going forward.
Silkysmooth42 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 19
Banni
Quoting: MaxDomi13
The problem with buying out guys like Bob, Price is that they are starters, and there may not be replacements.

Halak. Lehner. Or you just sign him again to a smaller deal, buying him out doesnt mean you cant sign them (as far as I know. Please tell me if im wrong I could be 100% wrong about that lol)
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 19
v5 CBJ GM
Halak. Lehner. Or you just sign him again to a smaller deal, buying him out doesnt mean you cant sign them (as far as I know. Please tell me if im wrong I could be 100% wrong about that lol)

I hear people saying you can't do that, but for the signings, what if they go somewhere else then what
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 19
Banni
Quoting: CD282
Gourde is 28 and massively underperformed his contract this year. He has 5 years left on that deal too. I could see TBL buying him out if it didn't impact their cap going forward.

Fair enought, still IDK why Vlasic and Subban would be worse to buy out than Gourde. I was wrong about that but Subban should 100% be here
CD282 a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 21
Banni
Quoting: MaxDomi13
I hear people saying you can't do that, but for the signings, what if they go somewhere else then what

You have a bunch more space! Canadians and Panthers arent cup contenders anyway right now so whats the loss. Bring in a Halak or Lehner (who are both playing fantastic), let them do well. And use the money for RFAs and UFAs
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 25
v5 CBJ GM
You have a bunch more space! Canadians and Panthers arent cup contenders anyway right now so whats the loss. Bring in a Halak or Lehner (who are both playing fantastic), let them do well. And use the money for RFAs and UFAs

sure yea i guess
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,690
Fair enought, still IDK why Vlasic and Subban would be worse to buy out than Gourde. I was wrong about that but Subban should 100% be here

You clearly haven't done an AGM for TB for next year........ I would suggest doing that to understand why Gourde is being bought out here vs Subban.

One team will be severely over the cap and one team will be severely under the cap.

This isn't a list of players being paid too much............ This is a list of players that teams would have to consider buying out based on various factors. Subban despite being overpaid is still NJ's BEST DMAN. You don't just by that out because you don't like him and he's overpaid. NJ is a worse team without Subban than with him.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: pharrow
One of the things I find interesting about the CBO conversation is the cap aspect.

Lets say the cap went up 3 million per team. x 31 teams is 93 million in new cap space.

You look at the cap here that is being wiped out. $92,708,332

My guess is you will see a larger cap increase next year if there is a CBO than if they were to raise the cap by 3 million.
I say this because there will be a lot more cap created than this example above.

So this argument that is going around that players can expect less on a contract due to the flat cap seems kind of silly to me.

There is simply not enough data to know if the cap will go up at all next year with many speculating that depending on how long this pandemic lasts, the cap may in fact go down as a result.

IF the cap goes down, I do believe we will see CBO's. If not and it stays flat at the minimum, I don't think their will be any CBO's given. So the above is assuming the cap goes down only.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: CD282

Frankly its not even because he's THAT bad. Its because TB is in a major cap crunch if the cap goes down. Heck they are in a cap crunch even if the cap stays flat. If the cap goes up to 86M, TB may not even need to buy out Gourde at all. So this has more to do with the cap then it does Gourde being a bad player. Even though I agree he has been underwhleming for TB since signing that contract.
CD282 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 33
Démarrer sujet

This will be up to the league. Some buyouts may require that the team cannot resign the player right after and must wait 1 year before doing so. Chances are this would be same action implied.
Silkysmooth42 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 33
Banni
Quoting: F50marco
You clearly haven't done an AGM for TB for next year........ I would suggest doing that to understand why Gourde is being bought out here vs Subban.

One team will be severely over the cap and one team will be severely under the cap.

This isn't a list of players being paid too much............ This is a list of players that teams would have to consider buying out based on various factors. Subban despite being overpaid is still NJ's BEST DMAN. You don't just by that out because you don't like him and he's overpaid. NJ is a worse team without Subban than with him.

Bruh i was wwrong about Gourde, I admiteed that lol damn,
But no, I actually like Subban, since leaving the canadians system he has been able to clean up his game more which is awesome (and indicative of the canadians system). Listen, if they need him to get to the floor, and he is still decent then fine. But then why have James Neal (20+ goals) on this list, or Justin Abdelkader (who is just helping the wings hit the floor). Or why not have Frans Nielson or Darren Helm here. There are a few flaws with the requirements to be here then so that is the issue
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 34
Banni
This will be up to the league. Some buyouts may require that the team cannot resign the player right after and must wait 1 year before doing so. Chances are this would be same action implied.

Thank you boss! See im here to learn too man!! But yeah I like the post, it just needs to be refined a bit
F50marco a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Bruh i was wwrong about Gourde, I admiteed that lol damn,
But no, I actually like Subban, since leaving the canadians system he has been able to clean up his game more which is awesome (and indicative of the canadians system). Listen, if they need him to get to the floor, and he is still decent then fine. But then why have James Neal (20+ goals) on this list, or Justin Abdelkader (who is just helping the wings hit the floor). Or why not have Frans Nielson or Darren Helm here. There are a few flaws with the requirements to be here then so that is the issue

James Neal: despite 20 goals is a player the Oilers could live without and with other players contracts coming in like Bear, Nurse, Yamamoto, etc they'll need that extra cap. Ask any EDM fan, even if Neal is doing better than Lucic was, they'd buy him out if they could. (Assuming its a CBO so no cap penalty)

Abdelkader: Detroit doesn't need help reaching the floor if its at the cost of a player they are paying full salary to that also gives them nothing in return. They can use dead cap players like Hossa, Zetterberg, etc to help with that. Abdelkader is costing the wings a lot of money for basically just playing a 10 min 4th line position. That's not helping them. Detroit still has to pay him 10M......that's a lot of money even for these owners.

Nielsen and Helm are actually providing Detroit with better production that Abdelkader is so they make more sense to keep and plus teams will only get 1 CBO so they have to choose wisely.

There are no flaws here, you are simply not taking all factors into consideration. You clearly didn't realize about Gourde and TB so maybe Im just not wrong.....
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 50
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
Columbus would likely buyout Wennberg if Dubinsky is perma-LTIR... that being said I’m not sure Dubinsky is and I’m not sure Columbus really needs to use it as Wennberg was playing better before his injury this season.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 11 h 53
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999

You're wrong the CBA forbids players being bought and then resigned cheaper by their teams, You'd have to wait one year and those players would be signed elsewhere.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 12 h 6

Subban also massively underperformed his contract last year, but I'm not sure NJ would buy him out unless they feel they can land a bunch of UFA's and better spend that money elsewhere.
Silkysmooth42 a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 12 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Ajp_18
Columbus would likely buyout Wennberg if Dubinsky is perma-LTIR... that being said I’m not sure Dubinsky is and I’m not sure Columbus really needs to use it as Wennberg was playing better before his injury this season.

Yeah I wasn't sure about this one to be honest. Similar to Seabrook with Chicago I have a hunch these guys won't be perm-LTIR forever so they will come back eventually. So these teams would be being proactive about it. If he is perma-LTIR, then I think Columbus won't but out anyone.

RE: Wennberg. Is he really that bad? I get it, he's no longer the 60 point center he was but hell even if he is a 20-30 point center, its not like he's sooooo over paid. Its not great I get it but given his age and potential, wouldn't it be better just keeping him and hoping he can get better. At the and the end of the day he is an over priced 3rd line center. Dubinsky on the other hand is 4th line material and is some cases might not even be worth playing ahead of other younger guys.
27 mars 2020 à 12 h 19
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
Yeah I wasn't sure about this one to be honest. Similar to Seabrook with Chicago I have a hunch these guys won't be perm-LTIR forever so they will come back eventually. So these teams would be being proactive about it. If he is perma-LTIR, then I think Columbus won't but out anyone.

RE: Wennberg. Is he really that bad? I get it, he's no longer the 60 point center he was but hell even if he is a 20-30 point center, its not like he's sooooo over paid. Its not great I get it but given his age and potential, wouldn't it be better just keeping him and hoping he can get better. At the and the end of the day he is an over priced 3rd line center. Dubinsky on the other hand is 4th line material and is some cases might not even be worth playing ahead of other younger guys.

Wennbergs problem is that he isn’t consistent. He has some great games and some games he doesn’t look like he wants to be on the ice. He’s better as a 3rd line center who can fill in as a 2nd line center. Columbus also has Jenner who’s a better 3rd line center who can also fill in on the 2nd line.

I think if Columbus does buyout Wennberg it just shows they’ll be committed to Foudy or Texier playing center next season, if not then our centers don’t really change or Wennberg finally gets moved to wing which we really don’t need anymore wings. Letting Wennberg go also give up almost 5 mil to play with for the next 4 seasons.
F50marco et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 13 h 4

A normal buyout comes with a clause that stipulates that the team that buys out the contract cannot re-sign the player for a year. Any future CBO would probably work the same way, but as @F50marco said, the league will have to decide.

With some teams, its about more than the cap too: Florida ownership has instructed management to cut $10M off the salary next year, how does paying Bobrovsky $7.833M to NOT play for them help towards that goal? And they'd still have to sign a replacement. So while a CBO wipes the slate clean for cap purposes, the team still has to pay the buyout salary cash, and in this case it's $47.5M over 12 years, frontloaded. As a GM, it would be pretty difficult to put together a business case where you're proposing a nearly $50M spend without getting any services in return.

Same with the Devils, buying out Subban saves less than $2M in actual cash. As long as there isn't any cap pressure, they're better off keeping him and hoping for at least replacement level play.
F50marco et Silkysmooth42 a aimé ceci.
27 mars 2020 à 14 h 47
Banni
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
You're wrong the CBA forbids players being bought and then resigned cheaper by their teams, You'd have to wait one year and those players would be signed elsewhere.

Thank you, just say it without "youre wrong
27 mars 2020 à 16 h 13
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999

Well you're wrong is being factual, Like i stated the CBA forbids players to be boughout and then resigned cheaply by their own teams. Team would have to wait one year and those players go elsewhere.
27 mars 2020 à 17 h 21
Démarrer sujet

You must be new or you would have known already, DieHardRedWindsFan58 is only here to tell people they're wrong. Otherwise WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!!?! laugh
Silkysmooth42 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage