Forums/Armchair-GM

Minor trades that Chevy should of been in on instead of taking the day off

Créé par: MisstheWhalers
Équipe: 2019-20 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 15 mars 2020
Publié: 21 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
There were plenty of minor moves that happened early in the season that I thought Chevy should have made that would of helped with the lack of depth in this lineup and with the unfortunate loss of Little who they really missed, they could of used both his and Buff's cap space as I think it was pretty obvious neither guy was returning this season. Although they're mostly minor acquisitions I really think they would of made a difference and would of helped them ride through the many injuries they had a lot easier and not one of them cost major assets.
Namestnikov helps with the Little injury, Stephenson helps in the bottom 6 and makes Lowry more expendable then he already is hence why he's scratched in this scenario, Djoos helps with the MANY dman injuries that happened and keeps Bitetto in the press box, have really liked Sbisa's play but grabbing Djoos makes the Sbisa claim unnecessary, same with Dahlstrom though I likely would of claimed both guys as well, read my additional details of those trades for more description. Also both Djoos and Stephenson are both RFA'S so it's not like the pick used on Stephenson would have been wasted on a rental, picking up decent, RFA controlled players for almost free is good asset management. Another minor trade that happened that I thought Chevy should have made was the Scandella trade from Buffalo, the Sabres were loaded with too many dmen from game 1 and he was traded for a 4th on Jan. 2nd, he would of been a big help through the really crappy January and he likely could of been acquired much earlier, Buffalo wanted to open up cap space to make other moves, just adding one more decent dman would of helped and the Habs ended up retaining 50% and got a 2nd for him from the Blues, that's good asset management right there.
A guy like Namestnikov could of been tried at 2C instead of tasking 33 year old Wheeler with the job and if Namestnikov didn't work out he at the very least would of been a decent middle 6 option at wing, he was doing pretty well in Colorado before the stoppage and played in Tampa's top 6 not long ago, don't get why more teams weren't after him for a measly 4th.
These trades would of cost the Jets two more picks, a 5th for Stephenson and the 4th for Scandella which is a very minimal cost and I really wonder if they make these moves early on if they may have avoided the real bad January they had.
This is my biggest complaint about Chevy, the minor moves that he doesn't do while other GM's are at least doing something other then solely relying on the waiver wire and picks to develop.. Lol.. And really I liked the Demelo pickup but felt like the Eakin trade was a bad one that was way too little too late. I also think this idea of waiting till around till the TDL to see if the team is worth investing in/improving is really really dumb when it comes to minor trades involving 4th round or later picks, if that's Chevy's thought process he's very very wrong imo, those picks are many years away from amounting to anything whereas making the playoffs would be huge for this group. NO team is built solely through the draft, period!
Now I want to be clear that I don't think these minor acquisitions make the Jets "contenders" again but I definitely think they would of made them better then they were and in reality the Western Conference was WIDE OPEN before the stoppage had happened, anything was possible if they got in but instead they were scraping into the playoffs if they would've even made it.
So what say you Jets fans, am I right or wrong about this?? Would these trades/claims have helped or not made a difference?
I get the season will likely be cancelled but this is just for discussion anyway and we're all likely bored a bit, have been thinking about this for awhile and wonder what fellow Jets fans thought about this or if they even do... Lol.. This team looks better with these minor acquisitions imo, plenty of cap space too!
I think this is Chevy's biggest fault as a GM, too risk averse and not active enough on the trade market, I know most fans want the big blockbuster trades but often it's the minor moves that can have a pretty positive impact.
All opinions are welcome, apologies for any spelling mistakes.
Transactions
WPG
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
VGK
  1. Eakin, Cody
Détails additionnels:
Trade wouldn't of happened if they traded for Namestnikov in November.
WPG
  1. Namestnikov, Vladislav
Détails additionnels:
This is done in November with Ottawa after the Little injury, make a bunch of conditions on it like if the Jets make the conference final or Namestnikov is resigned it turns into a 2nd or 3rd, in the end Ottawa only got what they gave for him, I would of way proffered Namestnikov instead of Eakin.
COL
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
WPG
  1. Stephenson, Chandler
Détails additionnels:
Solid and cheap bottom 6 player who's won a cup, would of been a better pickup then Shore though Shore has been decent at 4C, Stephenson was traded like two days before they claimed Shore, pickup the damn phone Chevy instead of relying on the waiver wire ya cheapskate! lol
VGK
  1. Shore, Nick
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (WPG)
Détails additionnels:
Just sending Shore cause he wouldn't of been claimed had they just acquired Stephenson who was traded like two days before the Shore waiver claim.
ANA
  1. Bitetto, Anthony
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (WPG)
Détails additionnels:
Should of waiver claimed Djoos when Washington demoted him or sent a late pick for him. Sending Bitetto as an example of a guy you don't need to sign in the summer as if you're a shrewd GM you should have a pretty good idea of who other teams might have to risk losing on the waiver wire and who's a decent body that can be picked up for free, I liked the Dahlstrom claim, I would've claimed both Djoos and Dahlstrom but Djoos having recently played 22 playoff games as a cup winner was 100% a guy Chevy should've claimed.
WPG
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (CHI)
CHI
  1. Dahlström, Carl
Détails additionnels:
May not have been needed had they claimed Djoos though I would of claimed both guys and never would of signed Bitetto in the summer, really liked Dahlstrom as a depth piece but just sending him back to Chicago cause of the Djoos claim but like I said I would of claimed both guys.
WPG
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (ANA)
ANA
  1. Sbisa, Luca
Détails additionnels:
Same as the Dahlstrom description, wouldn't of been claimed had they claimed Djoos like they should of but Sbisa has been really solid and depending what the injury situation was at the time(sorry I can't remember who was hurt at the time of his waiver claim from Anaheim) I may have claimed him too. Depending on what goes on with Samberg, trades and UFA signings I hope they bring Sbisa back, he's been good and he can throw the fists pretty well, was impressed in that fight he had, can never seem to have enough decent depth dmen it seems.
WPG
  1. Scandella, Marco
Détails additionnels:
This trade would of been done much earlier in the season and with Buffalo not St.Louis, also Scandella would have a $4M cap hit not $2M but with Buff suspended there would of been plenty of space to fit him in, if the defending Stanley Cup champs thought enough of Scandella to acquire then why wouldn't Chevy have with the state the Jets defense was in.. Lol
STL
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (WPG)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de CHI
Logo de ANA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $72 337 857 $0 $320 000 $9 162 143 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
AG
UFA - 7
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
C
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 995 000 $4 995 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
767 500 $767 500 $ (Bonis de performance107 500 $$108K)
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
741 667 $741 667 $
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 280 000 $2 280 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
2 916 667 $2 916 667 $
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
900 000 $900 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
G
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 333 333 $4 333 333 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 225 000 $1 225 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
775 000 $775 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
5 291 667 $5 291 667 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
7 600 000 $7 600 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
21 mars 2020 à 12 h 21
Kings v5 GM
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,625
The defense is still atrocious. They cant be relying on hellebuyck like they have
21 mars 2020 à 12 h 49
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,303
Quoting: Jack_
The defense is still atrocious. They cant be relying on hellebuyck like they have

No doubt
21 mars 2020 à 20 h 13
Cold spaghetti
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,134
Quoting: Jack_

It has worked so far lmao, but yeah the defence is horrible
28 mars 2020 à 21 h 4
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
@Jetman @Boggsauce @hwjw @Rooney @bnormie46
@DarylMcNeckHead @Cory @SRM @Carterman13
@NixJets @Spleenmaster1002 @tsyls @arafay @Birtle34 @csick @jgimp69 @Will @Cheddamonkey37
@BatVader @bunzy1034 @TrueNorth27 @TrueNorth
@TrueNorthJets @masterjuddi @Wpgman @WpgJets_
@WPGjets @wpgjets11 @WpgJets4Life @ajm @Voyageur @Schmelkov @HockeyFan989 @DDM
@Limpdave

Thoughts? Made this awhile ago and didn't get much feedback, haven't seen many Jets posts lately, hope all are well! Also hope I didn't miss any Jets fans,
sorry if I did.. Lol
csick, bunzy1034 et TrueNorth a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 21 h 10
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
I think they’re better but are they better to say go from just missing the playoffs to making the playoffs or going from losing in the first round to losing in the 2nd. Like I don’t think the changes are enough to make a big difference like not even a difference of 1 round
bunzy1034, MisstheWhalers, tsyls and 2 others a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 21 h 17
Cold spaghetti
Mentions "j'aime": 2,134
I would think this lineup would produce a bit better production for us, but it won't put us over the edge. We should really be pushing for a 2C and a decent 2nd pairing Dman in the summer
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 21 h 38
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: bunzy1034
I would think this lineup would produce a bit better production for us, but it won't put us over the edge. We should really be pushing for a 2C and a decent 2nd pairing Dman in the summer

Yeah I agree, just think that this team would be better and the West was wide open, really think that these are the minor moves that can make a difference and wish Chevy was a bit more active, agree about the 2C spot needing to be filled, even if Little returns they need more depth down the middle.
tsyls a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 21 h 43
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: csick
I think they’re better but are they better to say go from just missing the playoffs to making the playoffs or going from losing in the first round to losing in the 2nd. Like I don’t think the changes are enough to make a big difference like not even a difference of 1 round

I think this team would of had a much better chance of making the playoffs but yeah probably not a contender, actually I'll go as far as to say I think this team probably would of been in the 3rd place spot ahead of Dallas and who knows, the West was wide open this season, aside from the Blues no one looked consistently solid in the Western Conference.
28 mars 2020 à 21 h 45
Jet69
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,142
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
@Jetman @Boggsauce @hwjw @Rooney @bnormie46
@DarylMcNeckHead @Cory @SRM @Carterman13
@NixJets @Spleenmaster1002 @tsyls @arafay @Birtle34 @csick @jgimp69 @Will @Cheddamonkey37
@BatVader @bunzy1034 @TrueNorth27 @TrueNorth
@TrueNorthJets @masterjuddi @Wpgman @WpgJets_
@WPGjets @wpgjets11 @WpgJets4Life @ajm @Voyageur @Schmelkov @HockeyFan989 @DDM
@Limpdave

Thoughts? Made this awhile ago and didn't get much feedback, haven't seen many Jets posts lately, hope all are well! Also hope I didn't miss any Jets fans,
sorry if I did.. Lol

I think Potato was only supposed to be an AHLr until our defence core wound up the way it did and we were forced to use him.
I agree, I would rather have had Djoos than Dahlstrom and wonder if he could have been better than Poolman, although on some nights Poolman was a nice surprise, just inconsistent.
Sbisa played well enough as a waiver pickup while he was heathy.
No thanks on Scandella, and our D didn’t really start playing well until we got DeMelo, which I think is maybe the steal of the TDL (although Boston’s is right up there, how they ditched Backes and his contract and still managed to get Ritchie and Kase is beyond me)
Eakin was a decent pickup, good penalty killer and plays with some bite which we would have needed in playoffs.
Most of the waiver pickups did relatively well considering they were throw aways, and I’m at the stage I don’t want Chevy to spend any assets unless it’s long term fixes to C or RHD positions. Hopefully we can sign Demelo.
All things considered, Troubas agent gaming the trade, Buffs unexpected departure, signing Connor and Laine to deals and the few pickups at the TDL I think Chev did well and if things go the way they are expecting to, stagnant cap or reduction, Winnipeg is probably sitting in one of the best positions of any team, Cap wise anyways.
I would love to see Chev use some muscle to force a blockbuster or offer sheet. Use some cap space to pick up an asset or offer sheet someone along the likes of Barzal, Serg or Cirelli.
Come on Chevy, enough of being Mr Nice Guy
MisstheWhalers, HockeyFan989, arafay and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 22 h 15
Mentions "j'aime": 813
I guess I don't know what kind of real upgrade Scandella is on Beaulieu. I haven't seen enough of him to really say for sure.
Forward lines are slightly better. Namestikov is obviously better than Eakin, but Eakin did fit in pretty well there for a bit. Plus, Eakin is more of a guy that Maurice will put more trust in (like Lowry, much to your chagrin haha).
Stephenson is definitely an improvement on that bottom line. So the overall depth there is good. I also have no faith in Maurice to keep that third line intact for too long, so Lowry will get in there.
So overall, this team is a bit better then when we left for the break, but I'm not sure by how much. Perhaps a couple of points in the standings, which I guess could be significant.
I still wonder how much Stastny would cost (again lol). I know VGK has to shed salary somewhere, so I'm wondering how much it would take for WPG to get him. I don't think it'd be that cray of a price and while he is older, we know he'd be a fit and Maurice loves him.
MisstheWhalers et tsyls a aimé ceci.
28 mars 2020 à 23 h 44
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,017
Not a fan of Scandella or Kulikov. Samberg or Heinola should be able to step into the middle LD slot this season, and honestly I’d rather play Beaulieu over Scandella.
I’d move Wheeler back to the RW and trade for a proper 2C. We’ve been trying to fill that slot for a few years now so I’d rather get an actual C in there and not have to keep screwing around.
TrueNorth a aimé ceci.
29 mars 2020 à 1 h 1
Démarrer sujet
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: BatVader
Not a fan of Scandella or Kulikov. Samberg or Heinola should be able to step into the middle LD slot this season, and honestly I’d rather play Beaulieu over Scandella.
I’d move Wheeler back to the RW and trade for a proper 2C. We’ve been trying to fill that slot for a few years now so I’d rather get an actual C in there and not have to keep screwing around.

Oh these aren't moves for next season, they were minor trades that happened this season that I thought Chevy should have made.
29 mars 2020 à 4 h 21
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,017
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Oh these aren't moves for next season, they were minor trades that happened this season that I thought Chevy should have made.

Ok.. i get it now
29 mars 2020 à 9 h 30
Jet69
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,142
The above roster may have been a touch better but I think it would have been negligible.
Either team I think would have made playoffs. We were really starting to play well and the D was starting to click with DeMelo coming in. Helly was being Helly and a hot goalie can take you on a deep cup run.
29 mars 2020 à 11 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,082
Definitely a better lineup the d looks better still ugly but better and on fwd only switch I’d make is Connor and ehlers

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage