Toronto 83M Cap Minimal Trading

Créé par: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 20 mars 2020
Publié: 21 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
If the cap stays the same reduce the term and AAV for Dermott contract to 2Mx2
Trading Johnsson for Benning saves cap space.
Johnsson can slot in the top 6 for the Oilers and Benning can slot in the 4/5 role with Holl for the Leafs.
Not the most solid D core in the league but given the cap crunch it may be the most realistic D core unless a big move is made.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1775 000 $
1700 000 $
32 000 000 $
32 250 000 $
83 550 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2725 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Benning, Matthew [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2183 000 000 $82 999 783 $0 $0 $217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 550 000 $3 550 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
21 mars 2020 à 0 h 23
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
If you want to sign Dermott to 8 year deal, $3,5M is not going to be enough.

$5M should do it.
21 mars 2020 à 0 h 35
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
wish the cap would go that high next year but sadly its staying put
21 mars 2020 à 0 h 51
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Yeah I think TOR is in one of the worst positions in the whole league cap wise.

The reason I say that is, it's more likely they get a compliance buyout than the cap going up. At least in my opinion.
I don't know that for a fact but I suspect it. They lost revenue. Teams need to make the cap work. It just seams like the easiest way for the league to "create" new cap space.

That is a real issue for TOR because they don't really "have" anyone to buy out. There isn't really anyone on here that needs to go in order to create space.

I guess there is a silver lining in that though. They are a deep pockets team. Maybe they can use that to acquire help on defense or future prospects. They can trade for a guy and instantly buy him out helping out another team who might want to dump 2 contracts.
But it's hard to see how that works without knowing the pieces in play.
21 mars 2020 à 0 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: pharrow

The reason I say that is, it's more likely they get a compliance buyout than the cap going up. At least in my opinion.
I don't know that for a fact but I suspect it. They lost revenue. Teams need to make the cap work. It just seams like the easiest way for the league to "create" new cap space.

That is a real issue for TOR because they don't really "have" anyone to buy out. There isn't really anyone on here that needs to go in order to create space.

I guess there is a silver lining in that though. They are a deep pockets team. Maybe they can use that to acquire help on defense or future prospects. They can trade for a guy and instantly buy him out helping out another team who might want to dump 2 contracts.

toronto, boston, tampa, arizona, and so on all screwed
21 mars 2020 à 0 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Quoting: justaBoss
If you want to sign Dermott to 8 year deal, $3,5M is not going to be enough.

$5M should do it.

So you're telling me he deserves the same as Girard?
21 mars 2020 à 0 h 58
Démarrer sujet

What if they said you can have one buyout or take 1.5 million off an existing contract with less than 5 years term.
21 mars 2020 à 1 h 1
What in tarnation
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
So you're telling me he deserves the same as Girard?

One more year, and honestly Girard's underpaid with that term. It's like Klingberg 2.0. Sakic made some magic moves.
21 mars 2020 à 1 h 10
Banni
Quoting: aadoyle
toronto, boston, tampa, arizona, and so on all screwed

I don't think AZ has any real issues. They don't have a lot to worry about contract wise. Hall is leaving. Söderberg, is 35 he's not breaking the bank if they bring him back. Fischer isn't costing much and neither is Hinostroza.
They could always buy out Kessel too with a compliance buyout.
I think BOS will be fine too. There can really isn't that bad. They should have 19 million in cap space.
They get 5 million from Miller contract ending and Halák will be gone for sure.
Chara might not be back if he is it's at like 1 mil a year. So that's 6 mil of cap space right there.
They got DeBrusk to sign. 4 mil range is my guess.
Then you got Krug and Grzelcyk. I don't think they keep both. Just because they don't want to end up undersized on defense. Maybe Krug gets 7 maybe he walks but they will be able to squeeze this together.

TB on the other hand....someone getting bought out there for sure. They will probably be trying to make a trade. They got no choice.
21 mars 2020 à 1 h 11
Banni
What if they said you can have one buyout or take 1.5 million off an existing contract with less than 5 years term.

they won't make it that complicated.
21 mars 2020 à 1 h 14
Démarrer sujet
One more year, and honestly Girard's underpaid with that term. It's like Klingberg 2.0. Sakic made some magic moves.

They are not even in the same ballpark. One has 34 points... the other has 11...

Plus Dermott is 23 while Girard is 21 so Girard was paid with the idea he will improve significantly during his contract while Dermot will only improve slightly if at all.

If Dermott was signed to the same value contract as Girard he'd be getting 2.75Mx8.

I think 3.55Mx8 is fair for Dermott. Say he gets a 2.75Mx3 bridge deal. His next contract would have to be over 4Mx5 to earn equal money as he would on this contract.

If he got 5Mx8 as you suggested. That would mean he would need to earn 6.35Mx5 on his next contract to break even after the 2.75Mx3 bridge deal.

At worst he stays at around a 2 million player (around the level of Holl) and at best he becomes a 5 million player after his bridge deal. That is why I picked a value that I thought was fair for both sides.
21 mars 2020 à 1 h 17
Démarrer sujet
they won't make it that complicated.

The only contract I really don't like on the Leafs is Marner.

Maybe they could buyout Tavares' contract and then sign him to a new contract that covers the difference between 11M and whatever amount he'd be getting from the buyout (2/3 of contract).
21 mars 2020 à 1 h 18
Hakuna Matata
I don't think AZ has any real issues. They don't have a lot to worry about contract wise. Hall is leaving. Söderberg, is 35 he's not breaking the bank if they bring him back. Fischer isn't costing much and neither is Hinostroza.
They could always buy out Kessel too with a compliance buyout.
I think BOS will be fine too. There can really isn't that bad. They should have 19 million in cap space.
They get 5 million from Miller contract ending and Halák will be gone for sure.
Chara might not be back if he is it's at like 1 mil a year. So that's 6 mil of cap space right there.
They got DeBrusk to sign. 4 mil range is my guess.
Then you got Krug and Grzelcyk. I don't think they keep both. Just because they don't want to end up undersized on defense. Maybe Krug gets 7 maybe he walks but they will be able to squeeze this together.

TB on the other hand....someone getting bought out there for sure. They will probably be trying to make a trade. They got no choice.

boston still has to sign or add players for another cup run they got lucky this year but if tampa or toronto get their act together things could look grim for them. so cap troubles could happen we just dont know what the cap will be in 2020
21 mars 2020 à 1 h 36
Banni
The only contract I really don't like on the Leafs is Marner.

Maybe they could buyout Tavares' contract and then sign him to a new contract that covers the difference between 11M and whatever amount he'd be getting from the buyout (2/3 of contract).

I think there are loop hole rules against that.
21 mars 2020 à 1 h 38
What in tarnation
They are not even in the same ballpark. One has 34 points... the other has 11...

Plus Dermott is 23 while Girard is 21 so Girard was paid with the idea he will improve significantly during his contract while Dermot will only improve slightly if at all.

If Dermott was signed to the same value contract as Girard he'd be getting 2.75Mx8.

I think 3.55Mx8 is fair for Dermott. Say he gets a 2.75Mx3 bridge deal. His next contract would have to be over 4Mx5 to earn equal money as he would on this contract.

If he got 5Mx8 as you suggested. That would mean he would need to earn 6.35Mx5 on his next contract to break even after the 2.75Mx3 bridge deal.

At worst he stays at around a 2 million player (around the level of Holl) and at best he becomes a 5 million player after his bridge deal. That is why I picked a value that I thought was fair for both sides.

Let's just say that Dermott becomes a huge team player for your team's sake if he agrees to a deal like that.

Personally I believe that offering 7 or 8 year deals for players after ELC is only wise if the team knows that that player will have great future with them. This was the case with Klingberg for example, and COL assumes this will be the case with Girard.

There's virtually no examples of this happening to a bottom-4 d-men, hence I can't see it working.

If I were Dermott, I'd take that $2,75M deal for 3 years. No point locking up my future for so long time, as I could potentially earn more in much shorter time frame.
21 mars 2020 à 2 h 9
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Modifié 21 mars 2020 à 13 h 59

That is a real issue for TOR because they don't really "have" anyone to buy out. There isn't really anyone on here that needs to go in order to create space./quote]
21 mars 2020 à 2 h 10
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201

You are 100% correct, and as a Leafs fan, that drives me absolutely CRAZY. There is not a single contract on the Leafs that is buyout worthy. Sure the Marner deal isn't great, but buying him out will in no way make them better. If the cap goes down or stays flat, and the leagues way to deal with it is through buyout, the Leafs will be boned. How many teams can say that they don't have a BAD contract (a mediocre player making well over mediocre money)? Not a lot. Dubas had to give up significant assets to clean up Lou's mess, and did a great job at clearing bad salary even if he did overpay Marner. If this happens it'll be like the Leafs are getting punished for not having any bad deals.
21 mars 2020 à 2 h 48
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601

Dermott has not been as good as people were hoping he'd be. Leafs need him to be better but he hasn't shown what he was doing in his first year. As for the future? I mean...with the injuries on D, this was the time to show he can step up but hasn't quite happened.

He's solid, but that's about all.
21 mars 2020 à 8 h 1
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,343
i wasnt sold on the bottom pairing defender for a top 6 scorer, but then you threw in the 3rd rounder and it convinced me!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage