SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Tampa Fans - Would you do this

Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 18 mars 2020
Publié: 18 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
If the cap were to stay flat, Tampa could find themselves in trouble. I saw a Cernak for Liljegren trade on here and it seemed to make a lot of sense. Tampa saved money but still got back a guy who was cheap and could play. This is taking it one step further because a flat cap may force Tampa's hand as they don't have many contracts that they could move to free up cap, due to NTC's.

I'm not going to do contract signings here because I just want thoughts on the trade. If you don't like it, feel free to suggest alternatives.
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (DAL)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (DAL)
TOR
  1. Cernak, Erik [Droits de RFA]
  2. Cirelli, Anthony [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
Leafs upgrade at two positions and, with corresponding moves, they should be able to squeeze in under the cap.
TBL
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
  2. Liljegren, Timothy
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (DAL)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (DAL)
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
Détails additionnels:
Tampa downgrades, but gets serviceable players on affordable contracts, and to make up for the downgrade, they get assets that cost nothing: draft picks.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1381 500 000 $68 574 783 $0 $0 $12 925 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 mars 2020 à 14 h 51
Jetsfan
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,589
How will TML fill out the remaining 8 players with 5M in cap space? Cirelli and Cernak will get 8M+ together...
Pharow et LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2020 à 14 h 58
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,433
And no tampa doesn’t do that. Cirelli isn’t on the market and clearly not for a trade involving toronto.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2020 à 15 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,224
Quoting: Jetman
How will TML fill out the remaining 8 players with 5M in cap space? Cirelli and Cernak will get 8M+ together...

As I said, corresponding moves would have to be made.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2020 à 15 h 47
Jetsfan
Rejoint: sept. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,589
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
As I said, corresponding moves would have to be made.

Like one of the big 4?? I guess??
18 mars 2020 à 15 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Sebybbq
And no tampa doesn’t do that. Cirelli isn’t on the market and clearly not for a trade involving toronto.

They may not have a choice to put him on the market if the cap stays flat. Ideally for them, they wouldn't do a trade with a divisional rival, but I've always been an advocate of taking the best offer regardless.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2020 à 15 h 50
Mentions "j'aime": 1,457
This is a joke right?
18 mars 2020 à 15 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Jetman
Like one of the big 4?? I guess??

No. They don't need to free up that much money. If Cernak and Cirelli will be 8+ (let's call it 8.5), they'd still have about 4.5. You can resign Spezza for 700k (It has been reported it's Leafs or nothing for him next year), they have plenty of guys making below 1m that can play... It's more like a Kapanen.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2020 à 15 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Hockeytor15
This is a joke right?

I mean it's of course not meant to be taken too seriously. It's just for discussion. And if you're making reference to when I commented that on a post of yours, I was not referring to the trade itself, but rather the idea behind the statement that you made of giving away all the assets that we do not need in a single trade. I was legitimately wondering whether you were joking.
KeepUps15 a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2020 à 16 h 26
Banni
They may not have a choice to put him on the market if the cap stays flat. Ideally for them, they wouldn't do a trade with a divisional rival, but I've always been an advocate of taking the best offer regardless.

That will be the last option! They will ask johnson, palat and gourde to waive their trade clause. At that point if they ask the player i doubt they will refused. When the team ask you for a trade it’s likely because you’re not a part of the team no more.
And i agree with you of regardless who make the offer you take the bast bit here this offer is ridiculous. If cirelli and up on the market tampa will received much better offer. Here tampa give the two best players it just not working.
18 mars 2020 à 16 h 33
Démarrer sujet
That will be the last option! They will ask johnson, palat and gourde to waive their trade clause. At that point if they ask the player i doubt they will refused. When the team ask you for a trade it’s likely because you’re not a part of the team no more.
And i agree with you of regardless who make the offer you take the bast bit here this offer is ridiculous. If cirelli and up on the market tampa will received much better offer. Here tampa give the two best players it just not working.

Of course they will ask, but ultimately it's not up to Tampa. And yes they give the two best players right now, because they need to find guys who don't make as much. They get two replacements for their losses (one of which has the potential to be better than the guy they gave up) as well as a 1st, 2nd and 3rd, which if Cirelli were to be offer sheeted, would be the compensation. That's far from ridiculous.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
18 mars 2020 à 16 h 43
Banni
Of course they will ask, but ultimately it's not up to Tampa. And yes they give the two best players right now, because they need to find guys who don't make as much. They get two replacements for their losses (one of which has the potential to be better than the guy they gave up) as well as a 1st, 2nd and 3rd, which if Cirelli were to be offer sheeted, would be the compensation. That's far from ridiculous.

That is ridiculous when you think that cernak and cirelli are 22 years old. Pick are not interesting that much here and liljegren is the only good piece. Kerfoot is a average players and is basically a cap dump here. Before even thibking of tradinh cirelli they will trade, paquette, coleman, killorn to create space. And if cirelli is offersheeted there no indication that he will accept to sign elsewhere. In 2022-22 all three of palat, gourde and johnson modified clause kick in so they will be traded next year or the year after so before cirelli and up beiing trade the return for tampa will be massive
18 mars 2020 à 16 h 49
Démarrer sujet
That is ridiculous when you think that cernak and cirelli are 22 years old. Pick are not interesting that much here and liljegren is the only good piece. Kerfoot is a average players and is basically a cap dump here. Before even thibking of tradinh cirelli they will trade, paquette, coleman, killorn to create space. And if cirelli is offersheeted there no indication that he will accept to sign elsewhere. In 2022-22 all three of palat, gourde and johnson modified clause kick in so they will be traded next year or the year after so before cirelli and up beiing trade the return for tampa will be massive

I'm not even going to bother giving a decent reply to this heap of garbage.
18 mars 2020 à 16 h 55
Banni
I'm not even going to bother giving a decent reply to this heap of garbage.

Yeah keep your trash in toronto. This whole post is a joke. Cirelli and cernak for piece of garbage, a new fiction novel by stephen king
18 mars 2020 à 16 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Yeah keep your trash in toronto. This whole post is a joke. Cirelli and cernak for piece of garbage, a new fiction novel by stephen king

Wow that made sense...
19 mars 2020 à 18 h 22
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,039
Some people are made extraordinarily uncomfortable by facts they don't want to accept. You are a salmon swimming up that stream. A couple of guys have made very compelling constructions (actually, it doesn't take much) that show if Tampa signs Sergachev and Cirelli to $5.5 million contracts (or some combination approximating $11 million) and Cernak to $2.5 million, then two of Gourde, Johnson and Palat have to magically disappear and TB would still be in trouble with an $84 million cap. It's simple math. The guys giving you a hard time should try it themselves before spouting off.
19 mars 2020 à 21 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Some people are made extraordinarily uncomfortable by facts they don't want to accept. You are a salmon swimming up that stream. A couple of guys have made very compelling constructions (actually, it doesn't take much) that show if Tampa signs Sergachev and Cirelli to $5.5 million contracts (or some combination approximating $11 million) and Cernak to $2.5 million, then two of Gourde, Johnson and Palat have to magically disappear and TB would still be in trouble with an $84 million cap. It's simple math. The guys giving you a hard time should try it themselves before spouting off.

Yeah. And I have no problem with criticism when it's "I don't think this team would do that because..." or "I think you overvalue that player", you know? Just respectful, or at least civil, discussion. This is just for fun after all.

It'll be interesting to see how this Tampa situation plays out.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage