SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Place your bets! (No actual bets accepted)

13 mars 2020 à 11 h 5
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Let's talk, who'll be your next staff -whenever the changes are coming-? This thread is not about when or why anyone should be fired I just want you to share your ideas on future assets Montreal would be targeting in years to come.

I'll go with my own prediction first.
Whenever Bergevin will be thanked for his services I think Montreal switches up to a youth movement from top to bottom.

With that said my prediction for the next Montreal Canadiens GM is; Mathieu Darche. Funny enough how the world goes around! He's currently employed by TB being the Director of Hockey Ops for a year now so I could see him graduate like Bergevin did after 3ish years of service. He obviously knows Montreal's market and would come from a very successfull organisation (Like Bergevin when he came from Chicago).

My prediction for the next assistant GM is; Marc Denis. Yes you heard me right, he's one of the very few hockey analyst I could see making the jump to a scouting/assistant NHL job in the near future. For those watching him during games or listening to him on podcasts like "On Jase" you know that he has solid scouting abilities (When talking about trade rumours or our pipeline). Him being a successfull former goaltender would be an asset because if you're building a team around your goaltender like habs have done for years (Théodore, Price) and likely to continue this way (Primeau), having people with knowledge of Carey's situation/requests will make it easier for management.

With those two in charge of the team I feel like Molson won't do the same mistake and will put in place a President that'll oversee everything as opposed to just giving the new staff a green light on all moves like he previously made with Bergevin and his new crew. Coming from a Assistant GM position to a full time GM can be tricky and no one should be left in the dark with a President having no knowledge of hockey (Molson) so my pick for the new president would be; Bam! I've got two picks for this job.
If they elect to go with an older man who've seen it all; Don Maloney. He drafted almost 200 players, signed about 100 of them and made 80 trades since he've been in the GM position of multiple teams and he has seen everything you could see in this league. Now vice-president with Calgary he's been rumoured multiple times to be a contender for different teams as the President but has yet to make a move, if Montreal lands him it'll be a big catch.
If Montreal elect to get new blood at every stage of the team; Martin Brodeur. This one would be a bit more risky but if you want new blood, you go get new blood. Brodeur's been placed at different positions with the Devils since 2018 but not a lot of news came out about him since he's been hired (Other than a small interview made at the 2019 draft). Once again putting an HOFer goalie at this position would most likely give Price a nice boost of confidence that the team's going to really work around him (And any future goaltenders) to make their life as good as it can get.

Now what are your guesses?

PS: Hope you've enjoyed your read, let me know in the comments section if anything could/should be done differently!
13 mars 2020 à 19 h 36
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
I don’t know who the GM will be when Marc Bergevin retires. For all we know, they haven’t even graduated high school yet.

IMO, whenever Claude Julien moves on (which is still quite a ways away) Joël Bouchard will replace him. He’s been a great coach for the Rocket, and would make an excellent NHL coach when the time comes
MasterMatt23 a aimé ceci.
14 mars 2020 à 9 h 4
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,569
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I don’t know who the GM will be when Marc Bergevin retires. For all we know, they haven’t even graduated high school yet.

IMO, whenever Claude Julien moves on (which is still quite a ways away) Joël Bouchard will replace him. He’s been a great coach for the Rocket, and would make an excellent NHL coach when the time comes

no its gonna be Jesperi kotkaniemi lol
Kotkaniemi15 et MasterMatt23 a aimé ceci.
15 mars 2020 à 17 h 9
Not so Fasth
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 61
Quoting: MaxDomi13
no its gonna be Jesperi kotkaniemi lol

No it's gonna be Max Domi LOL
zk97 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options: