Forums/Armchair-GM

Next Season

Créé par: ZiggyPalffy
Équipe: 2020-21 Lightning de Tampa Bay
Date de création initiale: 10 mars 2020
Publié: 10 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Please explain to me how you guys still think they can resign Cirelli and Sergachev... Killorn, Palat, Johnson, Gourde, and McDonagh will be incredibly hard to trade.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
32 500 000 $
2875 000 $
2800 000 $
2750 000 $
2750 000 $
2750 000 $
2750 000 $
2750 000 $
2750 000 $
2750 000 $
1875 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
24 500 000 $
Transactions
LAK
    Rights to Sergachev.
    TBL
    1. Samuelsson, Mattias [Liste de réserve]
    2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (BUF)
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (BUF)
    BUF
      Rights to Cirelli.
      Rachats de contrats
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de BUF
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de BUF
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de PHI
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de DET
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de OTT
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de NSH
      Logo de NJD
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de TBL
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2288 200 000 $87 341 666 $0 $500 000 $858 334 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
      5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
      AG, AD
      NTC
      UFA - 2
      8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
      AG, C
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
      AD
      NMC
      UFA - 7
      875 000 $875 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 2
      1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 1
      4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
      AD, AG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      925 000 $925 000 $
      C, AG
      UFA - 1
      5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
      AD, C, AG
      NTC
      UFA - 4
      5 166 666 $5 166 666 $
      C, AG, AD
      NTC
      UFA - 5
      1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
      C, AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      800 000 $800 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 2
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
      DG
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 3
      9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
      G
      UFA - 8
      6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
      DG
      NTC
      UFA - 6
      4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 3
      1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
      G
      UFA - 1
      1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
      DG
      NTC
      UFA - 1
      925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
      DD
      RFA - 1
      Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
      875 000 $875 000 $
      AG
      UFA - 2
      700 000 $700 000 $
      AD, DD
      UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      10 mars 2020 à 11 h 38
      Rejoint: août 2019
      Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
      Killorn has a 16 team trade list. After that they will need to move one other player
      10 mars 2020 à 11 h 50
      Démarrer sujet
      Banni
      Rejoint: mai 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 2,805
      Quoting: papishark
      Killorn has a 16 team trade list. After that they will need to move one other player

That still doesn't get both of them resigned. Maybe Cirelli bridged.
      10 mars 2020 à 17 h 10
      Rejoint: juill. 2019
      Mentions "j'aime": 546
      Yeah but Shattenkirk isn't returning, Killorn is traded unless Gourde, Palat or TJ waive, Paquette gets traded and Coburn is either traded, waived or bought out. The defense next year should be Hedman-Rutta, McD-Cernak and Serg-Foote, with Bogo, Gaunce, Schenn as possible depth. If the cap goes to 85 or 86, Tampa is more than fine and even at 84, keeping Cirelli, Serg and Cernak is more than possible with Tampa's history in rfa negotiations. It could mean Tampa runs a 21 man roster or maybe they get to 22 like they are now, but it is very doable with Cirelli at 4.25, Serg somewhere between 4.5 and 5 and Cernak in the 1.75 to 2 range. These #'s are far more realistic on short term deals(which is what Tampa and these players will almost certainly be negotiating), than the 6+ I've seen for Serg and the mid to high 5's for Cirelli on 5 or 7 year deals that JBB won't be focusing on.
      10 mars 2020 à 17 h 43
      Démarrer sujet
      Banni
      Quoting: JTBF81
      Yeah but Shattenkirk isn't returning, Killorn is traded unless Gourde, Palat or TJ waive, Paquette gets traded and Coburn is either traded, waived or bought out. The defense next year should be Hedman-Rutta, McD-Cernak and Serg-Foote, with Bogo, Gaunce, Schenn as possible depth. If the cap goes to 85 or 86, Tampa is more than fine and even at 84, keeping Cirelli, Serg and Cernak is more than possible with Tampa's history in rfa negotiations. It could mean Tampa runs a 21 man roster or maybe they get to 22 like they are now, but it is very doable with Cirelli at 4.25, Serg somewhere between 4.5 and 5 and Cernak in the 1.75 to 2 range. These #'s are far more realistic on short term deals(which is what Tampa and these players will almost certainly be negotiating), than the 6+ I've seen for Serg and the mid to high 5's for Cirelli on 5 or 7 year deals that JBB won't be focusing on.

So let me get this straight. They are going to somehow magically trade or buyout Gourde, Johnson, and Coburn? You are going to play a guy that plays 15 mins a game on the top pair with Hedman? You are going to have two shut down dmen on the 2nd pair? You are going to keep Sergachev on the 3rd pair and put him with a kid that may not even be NHL ready next year? And you still expect this team to be a contender? Glad you aren't the GM.
      Swagmaster a aimé ceci.
      10 mars 2020 à 17 h 52
      Brad Boyes please Wq
      Rejoint: août 2019
      Mentions "j'aime": 714
      Quoting: Bf3351
      So let me get this straight. They are going to somehow magically trade or buyout Gourde, Johnson, and Coburn? You are going to play a guy that plays 15 mins a game on the top pair with Hedman? You are going to have two shut down dmen on the 2nd pair? You are going to keep Sergachev on the 3rd pair and put him with a kid that may not even be NHL ready next year? And you still expect this team to be a contender? Glad you aren't the GM.

You frogot Palat
      10 mars 2020 à 18 h 42
      Démarrer sujet
      Banni
      Quoting: StoneFan
      You frogot Palat

No I helped him out and made another ACGM and his concept they could afford to keep Palat, but they still would have a ****ty team(in his concept)
      10 mars 2020 à 19 h 39
      No I helped him out and made another ACGM and his concept they could afford to keep Palat, but they still would have a ****ty team(in his concept)

Nah I know reading is difficult for you L.A. fans, but I said Killorn would be traded unless Gourde, TJ or Palat waive, thus indicating one of them. Nice try though.
      10 mars 2020 à 20 h 10
      Démarrer sujet
      Banni
      Nah I know reading is difficult for you L.A. fans, but I said Killorn would be traded unless Gourde, TJ or Palat waive, thus indicating one of them. Nice try though.

Well then your concept does not work at all. Congrats.
      10 mars 2020 à 21 h 4
      Well then your concept does not work at all. Congrats.

Nah it works just fine, those of us whp know the team have already done many permutations and in every one the guys they need to keep stay. It may have to be with 21 instead of 22 or 23, but even that's not a given yet, depending on the cap.
      11 mars 2020 à 1 h 17
      Démarrer sujet
      Banni
      Nah it works just fine, those of us whp know the team have already done many permutations and in every one the guys they need to keep stay. It may have to be with 21 instead of 22 or 23, but even that's not a given yet, depending on the cap.

Then I suppose you wouldn't mind taking 10 minutes of your time to create an ACGM to give people like me an example of how it could possibly work?
      11 mars 2020 à 6 h 54
      Rejoint: mai 2019
      Mentions "j'aime": 538
      Lmao delusional thread alert.

Explain me WHY would Brisebois do this.
      Killorn will be gone, Paquette will go if we need some more cap, Coburn waived and if not picked up by anyone sent to Syracuse (1.1M cap relief for Tampa).

I just love how sometimes, other teams fans that only give a superficial look at our team's Cap Friendly page, suddently think to know better our situation that we do.
      JTBF81 a aimé ceci.
      12 mars 2020 à 7 h 15
      Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
      Rejoint: nov. 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 102
      Quoting: Zwui21

Killorn will be gone, Paquette will go if we need some more cap, Coburn waived and if not picked up by anyone sent to Syracuse (1.1M cap relief for Tampa).

I just love how sometimes, other teams fans that only give a superficial look at our team's Cap Friendly page, suddently think to know better our situation that we do.

This guy is a lost case, i already told him, that from 2020-2025 his Los Angeles Kings will be bottom 15 in the league(in 2024 Kopitar will be 36... how you compete with that contract...),by keeping all old players on the roster like Quick, Brown, Kopi etc... and not aquiring the draft picks, which needed to trade up for superstars(top3 usually) other than it's luck... Now here is the thing, in this league noone trades up for players, they rather just sit on their picks in general... But when you do that, you are drawing lotto numbers like:
      4 Edmonton Oilers - Jesse Puljujärvi Finland RW Signed
      5 Vancouver Canucks - Olli Juolevi Finland LD Signed

If LA gets these type of "bust" players by drafting 4th-5th for years.(they dont want to tank for 1st-3rd, so only luck can get them that 1st-3rd) They have zero % to be contenders... Every contender has superstars, and usually more... and on Goalie/D/Foward positions... if you have a bad D core... u have no chance...
      He is saying i'm hating on his team, and i'm jeaoulus because they have more cups, than Tampa... LUL

In reality i'm just telling the truth about his bad GM and the lack of 1st round draft picks in 2020, and if they keep everybody 2021...
      It's another case when his GM changes his mind or new GM and starts to selling these players for max value, until they regress that a buyout needed... or wait it out = anchor to the team...
      He agrees with his GM by keeping all the old cup winners and he thinks they will be contending next year, because they had a 7 game winstreak in a meaningless part of the season(now).
      He also thinks Sergachev is the savior of the LA franchise, and by getting him... suddenly LA's defense will be magical and indestrustible.(roughly, thats why he opens topics about serg)
      12 mars 2020 à 7 h 44
      Démarrer sujet
      Banni
      Quoting: F3ruS
      This guy is a lost case, i already told him, that from 2020-2025 his Los Angeles Kings will be bottom 15 in the league(in 2024 Kopitar will be 36... how you compete with that contract...),by keeping all old players on the roster like Quick, Brown, Kopi etc... and not aquiring the draft picks, which needed to trade up for superstars(top3 usually) other than it's luck... Now here is the thing, in this league noone trades up for players, they rather just sit on their picks in general... But when you do that, you are drawing lotto numbers like:
      4 Edmonton Oilers - Jesse Puljujärvi Finland RW Signed
      5 Vancouver Canucks - Olli Juolevi Finland LD Signed

If LA gets these type of "bust" players by drafting 4th-5th for years.(they dont want to tank for 1st-3rd, so only luck can get them that 1st-3rd) They have zero % to be contenders... Every contender has superstars, and usually more... and on Goalie/D/Foward positions... if you have a bad D core... u have no chance...
      He is saying i'm hating on his team, and i'm jeaoulus because they have more cups, than Tampa... LUL

In reality i'm just telling the truth about his bad GM and the lack of 1st round draft picks in 2020, and if they keep everybody 2021...
      It's another case when his GM changes his mind or new GM and starts to selling these players for max value, until they regress that a buyout needed... or wait it out = anchor to the team...
      He agrees with his GM by keeping all the old cup winners and he thinks they will be contending next year, because they had a 7 game winstreak in a meaningless part of the season(now).
      He also thinks Sergachev is the savior of the LA franchise, and by getting him... suddenly LA's defense will be magical and indestrustible.(roughly, thats why he opens topics about serg)

You assume to much. I never said Sergachev was the savior of anything. I could careless if the Kings acquire him. I'd rather have Deangelo. We have the #1 prospect pool in the League, we'll be okay. Stop diverting the conversation. I'll tell you along with all the other Tampa fans who think it will be that easy to trade those players and resign those players. Take 10 mins out of your day to break it down in an ACGM for "delusional" people like me. Otherwise quit commenting on my stuff talking **** about my team and about my posts when you have nothing to show for. Again, not reading any of your 8 paragraph essays.
      12 mars 2020 à 7 h 48
      Démarrer sujet
      Banni

Just like I ask of all the other Tampa fans that think it will be that easy to trade those players and sign those players., take 10 mins out of your day and make an ACGM breaking it down since you know everything. Do it for the "delusional" people like me or the concerned Tampa fans. Otherwise stop commenting on my ****.
      12 mars 2020 à 7 h 48
      Démarrer sujet
      Banni

Just like I ask of all the other Tampa fans that think it will be that easy to trade those players and sign those players., take 10 mins out of your day and make an ACGM breaking it down since you know everything. Do it for the "delusional" people like me or the concerned Tampa fans. Otherwise stop commenting on my ****.
      15 mars 2020 à 22 h 0

Oh and this post also shows that you clearly don't know Tampa at all since before the injuries to the dcorp Hedman-Rutta and McD-Cernak were doing just fine as d pairs. Serg was with Shattenkirk. I will take that top 4 again next year until Rutta shows he can't cut it and since Shattenkirk was never meant as a long term answer and Cal Foote will be making the jump next year, Serg with Foote is fine on the 3rd pair. It's a far better 3rd pairing than having Coburn or Schenn as a regular on it. Guys like Gaunce and maybe Bogosian can be depth if needed or in Bogo's case, maybe in the top 6 if needed.
      22 juill. 2020 à 18 h 52
      Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
      Modifié 22 juill. 2020 à 19 h 5
      You assume to much. I never said Sergachev was the savior of anything. I could careless if the Kings acquire him. I'd rather have Deangelo. We have the #1 prospect pool in the League, we'll be okay. Stop diverting the conversation. I'll tell you along with all the other Tampa fans who think it will be that easy to trade those players and resign those players. Take 10 mins out of your day to break it down in an ACGM for "delusional" people like me. Otherwise quit commenting on my stuff talking **** about my team and about my posts when you have nothing to show for. Again, not reading any of your 8 paragraph essays.

Okay, so couple of months later, corona and stuff happend etc...
      Let's try this one more time... If you!!! can read... And you want to have a normal conversation... ,maybe you changed a little bit... i always hope people can change...

Jackpot. You hit the lottery now, Nr #2, unless trades happening(doubtful)...
      Things are little better for LA by my projections, "if" you get the "right" player.
      It's important that your team hit it this year and not in 2023... so that helps, but by how much we still don't know...
      Making the playoff from 2020/2021---2024/2025 seasons not equals having a decent chance to win the cup with "old" Kopi+Doughty+Quicky. So who is gonna be that amazing player Los Angeles Kings chooses in the draft.

I have my doubts right now about Byfield after all the things happend in this year and he might not be a player we thought he will be 1 year ago. Same is not true for Lafreniere, who will be 99% superstar status in a couple years...

Is it gonna be Stutzle? Tell me your guess by need/best player available, as we all know Alexis will be Nr#1, so you can choose from around 5-10 players who are close to equal skill level, and you never know who is gonna be a bust... By bust i mean not fulfilling full potential like top#2 picks from the past...Let's see how much is that player really will help your organization by becoming a really good team over the long run. It's not gonna be trades i repeat from months ago, you 're not getting Serg or any other young top tier D... Your hope is the draft.... Maybe you draft a D-men Drysdale??? That guy might be the next Quinn hughes 2.0... that would surely help to offset Doughty's horrible contract...

I have to remind you:
      Sam Reinhart Buffalo Sabres #2 pick from 2014 = bust. (not good enough to help buffalo)
      Philadelphia Flyers 2017 #2 pick Nolan Patrick = bust. ( health problems, migraine )
      The reason doesn't matter considering all facts, just end result... These players just not good enough to cause damage to other good teams... La needs to avoid this thing, like plague...

So who is a super sure 99% not a bust player who are Los Angeles Kings will choose in your opinion. They just can't risk this stuff, or for sure 2020-2025 gone.
      (unless they find gems like in the 2nd/3rd round like tampa did - really hard job, Point, Kuch etc...)
      Yeah you can think LA prospect pool is good or "da best", but that doesn't guarantees success.
      What does is superstars ie. special players who provides amazing things for full 82 games+ playoffs. Tampa players have a leak for example by not providing same play in playoffs, as in regular season = no cup for us yet...
      Maybe this year it changes... if we can go in playoffs full healthy with Hedman + Stamkos etc... Cup is not guaranteed ofc, but a deep run should be mandatory based on rosters overall strength... Goalie+Defense+Offense + Chemistry + superstars... and we went allin with goodrow+coleman this year + next.... So that's 2 chance to win the cup... After that we don't know yet how good tampa will be... Stamkos getting older = not good sign though... in like 2022... injuries only going to get worse etc... McDonagh same... But we still might have a shot at it... we'll see...

My pick would be #2 Stützle... for now... whats yours? And i mean who Blake, your GM will choose? I'm interested in the closest most accurate projections... not your personal opinion who you like the most from all prospects... You know your team much better, than me...
      So all i want to know is when Battman announces:
      "The LA kings will select with the #2 overall draft pick: ???"
      Who is that player exactly? Yeah i know wait for the draft... yeah sure, but it's fun to speculate. awesome face
      22 juill. 2020 à 21 h 21
      Démarrer sujet
      Banni
      Let's try this one more time... If you!!! can read... And you want to have a normal conversation... ,maybe you changed a little bit... i always hope people can change...

Things are little better for LA by my projections, "if" you get the "right" player.
      It's important that your team hit it this year and not in 2023... so that helps, but by how much we still don't know...
      Making the playoff from 2020/2021---2024/2025 seasons not equals having a decent chance to win the cup with "old" Kopi+Doughty+Quicky. So who is gonna be that amazing player Los Angeles Kings chooses in the draft.

I have my doubts right now about Byfield after all the things happend in this year and he might not be a player we thought he will be 1 year ago. Same is not true for Lafreniere, who will be 99% superstar status in a couple years...

Is it gonna be Stutzle? Tell me your guess by need/best player available, as we all know Alexis will be Nr#1, so you can choose from around 5-10 players who are close to equal skill level, and you never know who is gonna be a bust... By bust i mean not fulfilling full potential like top#2 picks from the past...Let's see how much is that player really will help your organization by becoming a really good team over the long run. It's not gonna be trades i repeat from months ago, you 're not getting Serg or any other young top tier D... Your hope is the draft.... Maybe you draft a D-men Drysdale??? That guy might be the next Quinn hughes 2.0... that would surely help to offset Doughty's horrible contract...

I have to remind you:
      Sam Reinhart Buffalo Sabres #2 pick from 2014 = bust. (not good enough to help buffalo)
      Philadelphia Flyers 2017 #2 pick Nolan Patrick = bust. ( health problems, migraine )
      The reason doesn't matter considering all facts, just end result... These players just not good enough to cause damage to other good teams... La needs to avoid this thing, like plague...

So who is a super sure 99% not a bust player who are Los Angeles Kings will choose in your opinion. They just can't risk this stuff, or for sure 2020-2025 gone.
      (unless they find gems like in the 2nd/3rd round like tampa did - really hard job, Point, Kuch etc...)
      Yeah you can think LA prospect pool is good or "da best", but that doesn't guarantees success.
      What does is superstars ie. special players who provides amazing things for full 82 games+ playoffs. Tampa players have a leak for example by not providing same play in playoffs, as in regular season = no cup for us yet...
      Maybe this year it changes... if we can go in playoffs full healthy with Hedman + Stamkos etc... Cup is not guaranteed ofc, but a deep run should be mandatory based on rosters overall strength... Goalie+Defense+Offense + Chemistry + superstars... and we went allin with goodrow+coleman this year + next.... So that's 2 chance to win the cup... After that we don't know yet how good tampa will be... Stamkos getting older = not good sign though... in like 2022... injuries only going to get worse etc... McDonagh same... But we still might have a shot at it... we'll see...

My pick would be #2 Stützle... for now... whats yours? And i mean who Blake, your GM will choose? I'm interested in the closest most accurate projections... not your personal opinion who you like the most from all prospects... You know your team much better, than me...
      Who is that player exactly? Yeah i know wait for the draft... yeah sure, but it's fun to speculate. awesome face

Doughtys contract isn't horrible because we aren't hurting cap wise. The last 5 games this season he had t points. His production decrease is the result of being on a rebuilding team like most good players on rebuilding teams. He was worth every penny when he signed the contract. Just came off of a 60 point season back then. You'll see him progress next season and the season after not decline. This season was proof he is not decline. If you look at his production game by game this year you will see that there was lots of hot and cold streaks. He would get 5 points in 5 games then get 0 points in 5 games and went through that cycle pretty much the whole year. Declining players dont do that. Decline players have cold streaks and that's about it. No hot streaks.

I have no idea who the Kings will actually pick, I am not in their office. If they pick Byfield they'll have to trade Kopitar in like 1 year. I dont think that's Blake's style. If they draft Stutzle they can trade Kopitar later in his career or wait till he retires. Kopitar hasn't really decline either. I project Byfields ceiling being an 80/90+ point player. I project Vilardi Vilardi being our future 1C and being a 70/80+ point player.

Stutzle is the better player IMO and has the same ceiling production wise. Which makes him the more logical choice and gives us the rare ability to actually draft for need, LW. We dont need more centers. Turcotte as is, will have to play LW for his first 1 or 2 seasons.

I don't really want DeAngelo anymore. I

I have to remind you:

I have to remind you:

Doughtys contract isn't horrible because we are not hurting cap wise. He was worth every bit of that money when he signed. He just came off a 60 point season back then too. Doughtys drop in production is a result of being on a rebuilding team like most good players who are on rebuilding teams... people who say he's declining dont know what they are talking about. If you look at his production this year game by game you'll see he's having hot and cold streaks. In 5 games he'll get 5 points then he'll get 0 points in 5 games. He continued that cycle all year. Decline players dont have hot streaks. They only have cold streaks. Next year and the year after you'll see his production increase significantly.

I have a clue on who the Kings might draft out of the two, I don't have a seat in the Kings office. If we draft Byfield we will have to trade Kopitar in about a year. That's not Blake's style. I want Stutzle. He is the better in my opinion. Byfields ceiling is 80/90+ points IMO. Vilardi will be a 70/80+ point player. Stutzles ceiling production wise is about the same as Byfield. The Kings have the rare ability to pick based on position. They should pick Stutzle. Kings already have to play Turcotte on the LW for his first season or two.

I dont really want DeAngelo anymore. I still want Sergachev, but I think I would rather wait and draft Brandt Clarke instead and trade up for him if needed.
      22 juill. 2020 à 22 h 39
      Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
      Doughtys contract isn't horrible because we aren't hurting cap wise. The last 5 games this season he had t points. His production decrease is the result of being on a rebuilding team like most good players on rebuilding teams. He was worth every penny when he signed the contract. Just came off of a 60 point season back then. You'll see him progress next season and the season after not decline. This season was proof he is not decline. If you look at his production game by game this year you will see that there was lots of hot and cold streaks. He would get 5 points in 5 games then get 0 points in 5 games and went through that cycle pretty much the whole year. Declining players dont do that. Decline players have cold streaks and that's about it. No hot streaks.

I have no idea who the Kings will actually pick, I am not in their office. If they pick Byfield they'll have to trade Kopitar in like 1 year. I dont think that's Blake's style. If they draft Stutzle they can trade Kopitar later in his career or wait till he retires. Kopitar hasn't really decline either. I project Byfields ceiling being an 80/90+ point player. I project Vilardi Vilardi being our future 1C and being a 70/80+ point player.

Stutzle is the better player IMO and has the same ceiling production wise. Which makes him the more logical choice and gives us the rare ability to actually draft for need, LW. We dont need more centers. Turcotte as is, will have to play LW for his first 1 or 2 seasons.

I don't really want DeAngelo anymore. I

Doughtys contract isn't horrible because we are not hurting cap wise. He was worth every bit of that money when he signed. He just came off a 60 point season back then too. Doughtys drop in production is a result of being on a rebuilding team like most good players who are on rebuilding teams... people who say he's declining dont know what they are talking about. If you look at his production this year game by game you'll see he's having hot and cold streaks. In 5 games he'll get 5 points then he'll get 0 points in 5 games. He continued that cycle all year. Decline players dont have hot streaks. They only have cold streaks. Next year and the year after you'll see his production increase significantly.

I have a clue on who the Kings might draft out of the two, I don't have a seat in the Kings office. If we draft Byfield we will have to trade Kopitar in about a year. That's not Blake's style. I want Stutzle. He is the better in my opinion. Byfields ceiling is 80/90+ points IMO. Vilardi will be a 70/80+ point player. Stutzles ceiling production wise is about the same as Byfield. The Kings have the rare ability to pick based on position. They should pick Stutzle. Kings already have to play Turcotte on the LW for his first season or two.

I dont really want DeAngelo anymore. I still want Sergachev, but I think I would rather wait and draft Brandt Clarke instead and trade up for him if needed.

Nice, finally you can read, it's a progress... !!! I hope you will draft well smile I can't wait to see for a surprise pick. (that's my feeling). Maybe you guys just draft Rossi smile I really like Rossi. smile

Vilardi so far projection wise:a middle top6 center, he hasn't proved in the NHL yet.
      Getting 10 points in the NHL doesn't mean his next 500 games he will get the same point percentage.
      So far he looks like a good player... but noone knows him so he has an easier time. No injuries etc...
      Yes he can improve and become a 1st line center but that's just wishful thinking right now(see lots of teams who failed to get over the year to get a true number # 1 center like crosby/matthews etc...), that he will beat Kopitar anytime soon in the next 3 years...
      Obviously you hope that's the case, but it's like the odds not on your side... i will watch carefully Vilardi next year, so we can discuss about his developments, but seeing how kotkaniemi struggles in the NHL, Vilardi : with him it can happen the same time... If he develops slowly in like 4 years, than it still doesn't mean success the other 3 years...
      And thats the problem.Blake should trade away Kopitar(but this trade has a huge downside which i will discuss later) until he gets value for him... so in 3 years you have so many good talents, that only 1 or 2 need to work. If you draft Byfield and he gets to be only a 60 point player? Do you think that's enough? Will you still praise him? Or will you be disappointed? First 3 seasons all 60 points or lower...

Remember in LA much harder to get 100 point seasons, than in for example Toronto or Tampa, which teams are full 100% offense/ 0% defense = much more points in general...
      I will tell you example: Kucherov in tampa = 120 points. Kucherov in 2020 in LA = 90 points... The difference is insane... These teams never played the same way...
      I have never seen any LA team, which cares about offense at all. Dustin Brown = all about toughness/grind... Yes Doughty is good now i agree with your statement. The problem is that it will not be always like that. Next 2 years super good Doughty = not good for your team... In 2023 you still expect Doughty be amazing top tier defender? I for sure not... Decline will start sooner or later... With Hedman it will happen too... thats why we need to win until he becomes mediocre... couple years we have left, he is close to 30smile

So back to Byfield:I would consider him a bad pick then at #2 place...(first 3 years = struggle) Don't forget that he is a big guy, so while he is crushing low level leagues = not a guarantee he will crush NHL, when Bergeron will try to defend vs him or Mark Stone... It's easy to reach 100 points in low level leagues and really hard to reach 90 points in NHL: see Goudreau this season.... You thought Goudreau is a 100 point superstar, guess what he isn't...
      One 80 points season also really doesn't help your franchise.
      You need to be consistent, like Kopitar(almost always beat the opposition).
      Like look what Patrick Kane did over the years. If Vilardi is only 60% of that it's not good enough... like 110 points vs 70 points = not a ture #1 line centre... If this draft doesn't have a true #1 line centre, then you need to hit the lottery later years or trade for one(borderline impossible).
      Kopitar i think won't get traded, beacuse of the "teaching" value, if you know what i mean... I thought about Kopitar a couple times while playing NHL 20... he will stay imo for a while, because of teaching all those young kids how to defend as a forward... that value is really good... but that means next 3 years is in the trash bin... will you be happy with a .550 win % in 3 years? like a Columbus? (no real shot at cup).
      I think Byfield will be that player... who helps you get better... but not great... if you know what i mean... great = 80-90 points + no leaks in game...

In other words Byfield for sure will be a worse version of Kopitar which is not good enough to win cups... all GM's goals should be = only win cups. ( + fill stadiums for profits which is in corona times is hard grin)

TLDR: I would skip Byfield --> or trade down --> = get multiple picks = more chance of finding that true #1 centre- maybe trade with ottawa for #3 + 5# pick for a (pick #2 + something package)

What do you think about Rossi + Askarov? #3 + #5 if ottawa willing to trade for #2 pick? Maybe Stützle/Raymond + Askarov?
      A good goalie, like old quick = for sure playoffs when in prime smile Askarov i think will be really good... Do you think LA has a good goalie yet for future? Without a good goalie, all teams are hopeless in the playoffs...
      Doughty's contract will be horrible(it's mediocre/bad now) in 2023 most likely... that was my point when u guys starting to get compete... maybe... when those bad "other" contracts expire...
      Move Doughty and/or Quick next year? Keep Kopitar for full contract?(to teach the young studs)
      22 juill. 2020 à 23 h 14
      Démarrer sujet
      Banni
      Nice, finally you can read, it's a progress... !!! I hope you will draft well smile I can't wait to see for a surprise pick. (that's my feeling). Maybe you guys just draft Rossi smile I really like Rossi. smile

Vilardi so far projection wise:a middle top6 center, he hasn't proved in the NHL yet.
      Getting 10 points in the NHL doesn't mean his next 500 games he will get the same point percentage.
      So far he looks like a good player... but noone knows him so he has an easier time. No injuries etc...
      Yes he can improve and become a 1st line center but that's just wishful thinking right now(see lots of teams who failed to get over the year to get a true number # 1 center like crosby/matthews etc...), that he will beat Kopitar anytime soon in the next 3 years...
      Obviously you hope that's the case, but it's like the odds not on your side... i will watch carefully Vilardi next year, so we can discuss about his developments, but seeing how kotkaniemi struggles in the NHL, Vilardi : with him it can happen the same time... If he develops slowly in like 4 years, than it still doesn't mean success the other 3 years...
      And thats the problem.Blake should trade away Kopitar(but this trade has a huge downside which i will discuss later) until he gets value for him... so in 3 years you have so many good talents, that only 1 or 2 need to work. If you draft Byfield and he gets to be only a 60 point player? Do you think that's enough? Will you still praise him? Or will you be disappointed? First 3 seasons all 60 points or lower...

Remember in LA much harder to get 100 point seasons, than in for example Toronto or Tampa, which teams are full 100% offense/ 0% defense = much more points in general...
      I will tell you example: Kucherov in tampa = 120 points. Kucherov in 2020 in LA = 90 points... The difference is insane... These teams never played the same way...
      I have never seen any LA team, which cares about offense at all. Dustin Brown = all about toughness/grind... Yes Doughty is good now i agree with your statement. The problem is that it will not be always like that. Next 2 years super good Doughty = not good for your team... In 2023 you still expect Doughty be amazing top tier defender? I for sure not... Decline will start sooner or later... With Hedman it will happen too... thats why we need to win until he becomes mediocre... couple years we have left, he is close to 30smile

So back to Byfield:I would consider him a bad pick then at #2 place...(first 3 years = struggle) Don't forget that he is a big guy, so while he is crushing low level leagues = not a guarantee he will crush NHL, when Bergeron will try to defend vs him or Mark Stone... It's easy to reach 100 points in low level leagues and really hard to reach 90 points in NHL: see Goudreau this season.... You thought Goudreau is a 100 point superstar, guess what he isn't...
      One 80 points season also really doesn't help your franchise.
      You need to be consistent, like Kopitar(almost always beat the opposition).
      Like look what Patrick Kane did over the years. If Vilardi is only 60% of that it's not good enough... like 110 points vs 70 points = not a ture #1 line centre... If this draft doesn't have a true #1 line centre, then you need to hit the lottery later years or trade for one(borderline impossible).
      Kopitar i think won't get traded, beacuse of the "teaching" value, if you know what i mean... I thought about Kopitar a couple times while playing NHL 20... he will stay imo for a while, because of teaching all those young kids how to defend as a forward... that value is really good... but that means next 3 years is in the trash bin... will you be happy with a .550 win % in 3 years? like a Columbus? (no real shot at cup).
      I think Byfield will be that player... who helps you get better... but not great... if you know what i mean... great = 80-90 points + no leaks in game...

In other words Byfield for sure will be a worse version of Kopitar which is not good enough to win cups... all GM's goals should be = only win cups. ( + fill stadiums for profits which is in corona times is hard grin)

TLDR: I would skip Byfield --> or trade down --> = get multiple picks = more chance of finding that true #1 centre- maybe trade with ottawa for #3 + 5# pick for a (pick #2 + something package)

What do you think about Rossi + Askarov? #3 + #5 if ottawa willing to trade for #2 pick? Maybe Stützle/Raymond + Askarov?
      A good goalie, like old quick = for sure playoffs when in prime smile Askarov i think will be really good... Do you think LA has a good goalie yet for future? Without a good goalie, all teams are hopeless in the playoffs...
      Doughty's contract will be horrible(it's mediocre/bad now) in 2023 most likely... that was my point when u guys starting to get compete... maybe... when those bad "other" contracts expire...
      Move Doughty and/or Quick next year? Keep Kopitar for full contract?(to teach the young studs)

No I can't read, anything you write. I dont even remember our argument, but if you are still insulting me months down the road then you're probably just a douche bag. Especially if you dont know anything about Doughty.

I'm sure my knowledge is superior to yours though. Thanks anyway
      3 mars 2021 à 5 h 32
      Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
      Quoting: ZiggyPalffy
      No I can't read, anything you write. I dont even remember our argument, but if you are still insulting me months down the road then you're probably just a douche bag. Especially if you dont know anything about Doughty.

I'm sure my knowledge is superior to yours though. Thanks anyway

Just for you only about 10 sentences to read... maybe too much LUL :

I'm back. I watched 100% of the playoffs games now finally...every single one of them. All teams and all series(round robin too) included even Arizona, Florida, Nashville, and our cryptonite Minnesota too etc. all 24 teams...
      Yes that was a lot of games. and took a long-long time, but worth it...
      I think i have some knowledge about the 24 teams... let me know how many playoffs games you watched, but you only watch LA games 90% of the time... i bet... prove me wrong... LUL...

This was probably the best team that has ever played in the playoffs without stamkos 99.99%... in terms of effeciency and skill level and overall balance and physiciality and clutchness(see 5 OT win), popcorn it was a beauty to watch popcorn , like our 62 wins epic regular season the year before this season...
      and we only played vs top defensive teams(unlucky), like all of them... LUL BUUUT STILL GOTEM' LUL
      This team would have crushed your 2010-2015 LA, sorry...

Sooooo, who is jealous now "douchebag"? hahahahaa... i thought so.... bye. Help

PS.: Still no Serg for you... thanks anyway for your interest....rolling eyes

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage