Forums/Armchair-GM

The High but realistic cost of each Canes defender

Créé par: Wqrrior
Équipe: 2020-21 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 8 mars 2020
Publié: 8 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
destinations aren't meant to be realistic, nor do i even assume that any of these happen. but from a value perspective, this is what, if I were a canes fan, would be asking for.
Transactions
CAR
  1. Nylander, William
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (TOR)
CAR
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2020 (CAR)
CAR
  1. Pulock, Ryan [Droits de RFA]
NYI
  1. Hamilton, Dougie
Détails additionnels:
1 year of Hamilton = multiple of Pulock
CAR
  1. Romanov, Alexander [Liste de réserve]
  2. Suzuki, Nick
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (MTL)
  4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (MTL)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (MTL)
CAR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (FLA)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (FLA)
CAR
  1. Puljujärvi, Jesse [Liste de réserve]
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Fleury, Haydn [Droits de RFA]
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de NYR
Logo de FLA
Logo de CAR
Logo de BUF
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de CAR
Logo de TOR
Logo de FLA
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de EDM
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de STL
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1685 000 000 $58 675 521 $1 367 073 $3 632 500 $26 324 479 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 4
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
3 375 000 $3 375 000 $
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 2
763 333 $763 333 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
C, AD
RFA - 1
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
G
UFA - 1
737 500 $737 500 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
8 mars 2020 à 22 h 15
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,303
One year of Hamilton definitely does not equal Pulock.
Don't see why the Leafs need to add a pick for Pesce and the Habs would be crazy to trade all of that for Slavin, the other trades all seem pretty fair and accurate.
GMs et GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
8 mars 2020 à 22 h 22
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
These are all too much. You would be lucky to get a third for Gardiner
8 mars 2020 à 22 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,963
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
One year of Hamilton definitely does not equal Pulock.
Don't see why the Leafs need to add a pick for Pesce and the Habs would be crazy to trade all of that for Slavin, the other trades all seem pretty fair and accurate.

Per the description, the team chosen is meaningless. However, that's the appropriate value to pry Slavin out of CAR. He is a top 10 defenseman in this league and on perhaps the league's best contract for defensemen - and those don't come easily. They'd have to pay some pretty darn good prospects and draft picks. I used MTL because they have a wide variety of prospects to choose from to illustrate that.

As for the Pulock trade, Hamilton is definitely the better defenseman and likely the one that would make the most immediate impact to wherever he is traded. It's hard to gauge the value of a rental, but we can be assured that if Hamilton gets moved, it would be significantly above market value.

Quoting: papishark
These are all too much. You would be lucky to get a third for Gardiner

He has gained a significant chunk of value back as the season as progressed. If you said this 4 months ago I would have agreed. I'd downgrade to a 2nd and a 3rd.
8 mars 2020 à 22 h 57
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 677
you have to stop pushing in the Qtip when there is resistance
8 mars 2020 à 23 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ithinkimrational
you have to stop pushing in the Qtip when there is resistance

The issue is, that the other teams undervalue this team's D core significantly. If CAR had a market like Toronto, we would all be valuing these players much the same. I am very strong on my assessments on Slavin and Pesce. I could be reasoned with on Hamilton and Gardiner.
8 mars 2020 à 23 h 32
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,554
Quoting: Wqrrior
The issue is, that the other teams undervalue this team's D core significantly. If CAR had a market like Toronto, we would all be valuing these players much the same. I am very strong on my assessments on Slavin and Pesce. I could be reasoned with on Hamilton and Gardiner.

I think the canes have the best d core in the league when healthy. I am heavy into analytics just as much as the canes are when it comes to player evaluation.

Pesce. Is. Not. Worth. Nylander.
He never was and he still isn't. The fact that you have Toronto adding here is laughable.

A good portion of this AGM is an absolute tire fire.
Skjei is not as good as his reputation on here (he isn't that good) and shouldnt cost that much considering he'd be a salary dump. Maybe CAR and clearsight thinks they can rehab him but public data is skeptical on his ability which as of now is not worth much.

And I don't even know what to say about that Hamilton trade. He is a Norris calibre dman. I get that there is one year left, but to suggest he will be traded as a rental (for a rental price) rather than being extended or traded with extension is... Woof.
Dan10900 a aimé ceci.
8 mars 2020 à 23 h 33
GM Game v1 v2
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 266
I understand the basis for the Slavin trade. I understand the ask should be high, but would you think something similar like this could work instead?

CAR gives:
Slavin

MTL gives:
Domi (RFA)
Romanov
2021 1st
2022 2nd
8 mars 2020 à 23 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Random2152
I think the canes have the best d core in the league when healthy. I am heavy into analytics just as much as the canes are when it comes to player evaluation.

Pesce. Is. Not. Worth. Nylander.
He never was and he still isn't. The fact that you have Toronto adding here is laughable.

A good portion of this AGM is an absolute tire fire.
Skjei is not as good as his reputation on here (he isn't that good) and shouldnt cost that much considering he'd be a salary dump. Maybe CAR and clearsight thinks they can rehab him but public data is skeptical on his ability which as of now is not worth much.

And I don't even know what to say about that Hamilton trade. He is a Norris calibre dman. I get that there is one year left, but to suggest he will be traded as a rental (for a rental price) rather than being extended or traded with extension is... Woof.

Pesce is immediately Toronto's #2 guy. He is better than Muzzin. Top pair defenseman equate to top six forwards on the trade market. Not to mention the value of cap in this league. Practically 3 million in savings for 5 years - 15 million would cost significant value in cap dumps, why shouldn't that pull Pesce's value up.

I literally traded Skjei back for exactly what he cost. Didn't alter anything there, and I agree that that trade should probably not have happened.

I didn't suggest Hamilton be traded. The whole purpose of this is to find what a player's value is. That doesn't mean they actually should be traded. But if in the .001% chance that Carolina becomes a tire fire next year (aka pulls a NJD) and reasons that they must move Hamilton, I'm expecting a pretty dang good package. I don't think trading a norris defenseman without term for a top 4 defenseman on term is rediculous. Pulock himself is inflated by the Isles defensive system. His flaws would show more if he were moved.
8 mars 2020 à 23 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup
I understand the basis for the Slavin trade. I understand the ask should be high, but would you think something similar like this could work instead?

CAR gives:
Slavin

MTL gives:
Domi (RFA)
Romanov
2021 1st
2022 2nd

Thank you for being reasonable.
It's an interesting proposal, but Domi < Suzuki in terms of value. Instead of removing the 3rd, it should probably be upgraded to a 2nd. That would likely meet the value standpoint, though realistically no trade of that sort will happen.
9 mars 2020 à 1 h 6
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,554
Quoting: Wqrrior
Pesce is immediately Toronto's #2 guy. He is better than Muzzin. Top pair defenseman equate to top six forwards on the trade market. Not to mention the value of cap in this league. Practically 3 million in savings for 5 years - 15 million would cost significant value in cap dumps, why shouldn't that pull Pesce's value up.

I literally traded Skjei back for exactly what he cost. Didn't alter anything there, and I agree that that trade should probably not have happened.

I didn't suggest Hamilton be traded. The whole purpose of this is to find what a player's value is. That doesn't mean they actually should be traded. But if in the .001% chance that Carolina becomes a tire fire next year (aka pulls a NJD) and reasons that they must move Hamilton, I'm expecting a pretty dang good package. I don't think trading a norris defenseman without term for a top 4 defenseman on term is rediculous. Pulock himself is inflated by the Isles defensive system. His flaws would show more if he were moved.

Pesce not being worth Nylander isn't because of any fault with Pesce, it is because Nylander is in lock step with Marner and always was. He is comically undervalued by large sections of the hockey world. Before your go saying that I am only saying this because Marner is having a down year and Willy is hot, I've been saying this since before the contracts and even last year. You don't trade a player as good as Nylander for a #2Dman.

Just because the Canes overpaid for Skjei doesn't mean he is worth that.

When I say suggest, I mean in the context of the theoretical situation that this AGM exists. He isn't being traded for a pittance. Period.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage