Forums/Armchair-GM

Roster Overhaul

Créé par: AnalyticsGeek
Équipe: 2020-21 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 8 mars 2020
Publié: 8 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This team stinks. I don’t think they have poor quality players, they just quit on the coach. I love Sully, but I have to think that when the coach is not changing the lines, not switching up the awful defense pairings & overusing his top players, all while during a slump, it’s an indication that he’s lost the room. They may as well miss the playoffs, get a new coach & retool the team. Get younger high end talents to support Sid & Geno cuz they seem to be running out of gas.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
33 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
32 500 000 $
44 000 000 $
22 000 000 $
2925 000 $
2800 000 $
22 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
31 750 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2022 (NSH)
ANA
  1. Bjugstad, Nick (1 100 000 $ retained)
PIT
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2020 (MIN)
MIN
  1. Almari, Niclas
  2. Johnson, Jack
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (PIT)
PIT
  1. Niku, Sami [Droits de RFA]
WPG
  1. Simon, Dominik [Droits de RFA]
PIT
  1. Jost, Tyson [Droits de RFA]
  2. Werner, Adam
  3. Zadorov, Nikita [Droits de RFA]
COL
  1. Murray, Matt [Droits de RFA]
PIT
  1. Marner, Mitchell (1 643 000 $ retained)
TOR
  1. Zadorov, Nikita
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (PIT)
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (PIT)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (PIT)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de NSH
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2386 000 000 $83 741 008 $0 $1 120 000 $2 258 992 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
9 260 000 $9 260 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 3
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
G
UFA - 3
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
G
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
8 mars 2020 à 17 h 53
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
8 mars 2020 à 17 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
avs dont need Murray, hard pass
8 mars 2020 à 18 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: coga16
avs dont need Murray, hard pass

I see but @thedankingerski reported that the Avs viewed Murray very highly.
MajesticWalrus a aimé ceci.
8 mars 2020 à 18 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
Modifié 8 mars 2020 à 18 h 24
Quoting: MitchMarnerElite
I see but @thedankingerski reported that the Avs viewed Murray very highly.

that would just be false. Just lazy speculation stuff...oh Mike Kelly speculated avs should go after price, well Penguins have a goalie that lost his starting job, maybe Avs would want him.

Crap writing from a crap writer
8 mars 2020 à 18 h 17
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
this team would still suck.

They have no fight in them. At all, just like the current team. You have to have guys who are willing to get mad, who don't like to lose.
They don't really have that and it ain't on this roster either.

Hell they played like they don't even want the puck today. I saw that play in the 2nd period where the puck kicked back in carolina zone and Zucker and whoever the over player was just looked at it and skated the other way. FFS you have to go get the puck.

That's this team in a nut shell right now. I blame a lot of this on the coach.

What the hell is up with the far board break outs too. How many games do I have to watch where it's the same F thing every game. They have had 60 some games can they fix that already.

All you have to do is watch how teams play this team and then how the penguins play.
Other teams are pure pressure on them. They play a man on man and just pressure pressure pressure. Be it 5v5 or PK.
Then you see the penguins play and they just back in a zone and get picked apart, pounded on the boards while the other team is cycling around their zone.
Like Fing adjust already.

You wonder why they have so many players that are injured. Like no S#!T, when the puck is in your own zone all the time and you are constantly getting forechecked that's what F happens.

They either don't want to play, or Sullivan doesn't know how to coach. You can pick which one it is, but it's one or the other at this point.
8 mars 2020 à 18 h 32
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,441
Columbus need a lot more compensation to take the contract... or retain more because we can’t afford him.
Viqsi a aimé ceci.
8 mars 2020 à 18 h 40
Log off the internet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,865
Username does not check out
8 mars 2020 à 19 h 31
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Yeah, what’s draft capital?
8 mars 2020 à 22 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: pharrow
this team would still suck.

They have no fight in them. At all, just like the current team. You have to have guys who are willing to get mad, who don't like to lose.
They don't really have that and it ain't on this roster either.

Hell they played like they don't even want the puck today. I saw that play in the 2nd period where the puck kicked back in carolina zone and Zucker and whoever the over player was just looked at it and skated the other way. FFS you have to go get the puck.

That's this team in a nut shell right now. I blame a lot of this on the coach.

What the hell is up with the far board break outs too. How many games do I have to watch where it's the same F thing every game. They have had 60 some games can they fix that already.

All you have to do is watch how teams play this team and then how the penguins play.
Other teams are pure pressure on them. They play a man on man and just pressure pressure pressure. Be it 5v5 or PK.
Then you see the penguins play and they just back in a zone and get picked apart, pounded on the boards while the other team is cycling around their zone.
Like Fing adjust already.

You wonder why they have so many players that are injured. Like no S#!T, when the puck is in your own zone all the time and you are constantly getting forechecked that's what F happens.

They either don't want to play, or Sullivan doesn't know how to coach. You can pick which one it is, but it's one or the other at this point.

I think the players quit on the coach & they quit on themselves. Sully has coached similar constructed teams to success like that 2016 team that was all speed & puck possession. Maybe you just can’t win like that anymore. Maybe you need to combine it with that sandpaper grit that wears other teams down. I agree with you, there’s not enough commitment away from the puck. There’s no checking, the guys are not hustling to win races, win battles to retrieve the puck. When they do have it there’s not enough urgency & the structure is just non existent. The thing is, they have guys that are capable of going into the tight areas to forecheck & fight for the puck. Tanev, ZAR, Rust, Zucker & McCann are all examples. They just don’t want it. There’s not enough heart on this team. So much for thinking they were elite, it’s the same mess as Toronto.
8 mars 2020 à 22 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Ajp_18
Columbus need a lot more compensation to take the contract... or retain more because we can’t afford him.

Sure I can retain more. Hornqvist would be an excellent fit in Columbus with his intimidating, hard working style. Pens need more of his type, but they will just end up getting small finesse players like Marner.
8 mars 2020 à 22 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Hedman77
Username does not check out

What’d you mean?
8 mars 2020 à 22 h 25
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
I think the players quit on the coach & they quit on themselves. Sully has coached similar constructed teams to success like that 2016 team that was all speed & puck possession. Maybe you just can’t win like that anymore. Maybe you need to combine it with that sandpaper grit that wears other teams down. I agree with you, there’s not enough commitment away from the puck. There’s no checking, the guys are not hustling to win races, win battles to retrieve the puck. When they do have it there’s not enough urgency & the structure is just non existent. The thing is, they have guys that are capable of going into the tight areas to forecheck & fight for the puck. Tanev, ZAR, Rust, Zucker & McCann are all examples. They just don’t want it. There’s not enough heart on this team. So much for thinking they were elite, it’s the same mess as Toronto.

it's not 2016. The rest of the league was so slow when they won those cups. The emphasis on speed and teams getting younger has been a real thing. Teams play a much faster game today because of those cup runs.
They can't just get by with that anymore. They played a different system this year as compared to last year. But they have not been able to readjust as other teams adjusted to them.
WSH is another team in the same boat. The penguins showed how to beat WSH earlier this year. They started going down hill as other teams copied it.
The penguins seem not to be able to change the way they play. You can't just rely on one system of play. You have to mix it up and tailor it to an opponent. They don't do that.
1/2 their problems lie in the systems they use. The zone defense doesn't work in todays game like it use to. You have to pressure more. At the same time, they have been unable to deal with teams playing them man on man and pressuring. They also have no answer to their failed dump ins.
Did you watch that game today? That power play. Every power play that puck is dumped in and eventually sent right back down the other end. 4-5 times a power play wasting the majority of the power play.
They have no adjustment to it, they put no effort in skating the puck in. It's dump and chase with 1 defense man back waiting for it to clear it right back out.
If they can't adjust their game plan they are never going to win anything. Talent will only get you so far.
9 mars 2020 à 8 h 54
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
Trading Hornqvist for a 6th stinks. Trading Hornqvist with retention really stinks.

The Pens #1 issue right now is individualism and lack of overall leadership. Hornqvist is the only one that fully contradicts that.
Crosby is a "team" guy, but said to be a "quiet leader" which is a nice way of saying that he doesn't want to lead and therefore doesn't lead.
Malkin couldn't lead a horse to water. (Waste of an A)
Letang is potentially the biggest part of the problem (high individualism, no leadership). (Waste of an A)
I don't think that any of the other forwards want to step over Crosby and Malkin.
No one on D seems to have the "I'll take the reigns" personality.

Marner, while very talented, seems like a "me" guy, but i could be wrong. Bringing him in only makes the issue larger. Bringing him in and moving Hornqvist out would just be bad.

I also say no to Rutta, period, much less at $2M. He is a #7D, and if someone wants to pay him seven figures (>$1M) then let them, but not the Pens.
9 mars 2020 à 11 h 33
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 350
Quoting: Yojimbo
Trading Hornqvist for a 6th stinks. Trading Hornqvist with retention really stinks.

The Pens #1 issue right now is individualism and lack of overall leadership. Hornqvist is the only one that fully contradicts that.
Crosby is a "team" guy, but said to be a "quiet leader" which is a nice way of saying that he doesn't want to lead and therefore doesn't lead.
Letang is potentially the biggest part of the problem (high individualism, no leadership). (Waste of an A)
I don't think that any of the other forwards want to step over Crosby and Malkin.

Marner, while very talented, seems like a "me" guy, but i could be wrong. Bringing him in only makes the issue larger. Bringing him in and moving Hornqvist out would just be bad.

I also say no to Rutta, period, much less at $2M. He is a #7D, and if someone wants to pay him seven figures (>$1M) then let them, but not the Pens.

I agree with most of what you said but bringing in Marner to any team is not a bad thing
9 mars 2020 à 11 h 34
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 350
What’d you mean?

Cause your name is a leafs player and you're talking about the pens
9 mars 2020 à 12 h 14
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
Quoting: MajesticWalrus
I agree with most of what you said but bringing in Marner to any team is not a bad thing

I tried to make it clear that it would just make that one specific issue larger, not that he would be a bad thing overall. Rereading my post I see that that is not clear.
9 mars 2020 à 13 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: pharrow
it's not 2016. The rest of the league was so slow when they won those cups. The emphasis on speed and teams getting younger has been a real thing. Teams play a much faster game today because of those cup runs.
They can't just get by with that anymore. They played a different system this year as compared to last year. But they have not been able to readjust as other teams adjusted to them.
WSH is another team in the same boat. The penguins showed how to beat WSH earlier this year. They started going down hill as other teams copied it.
The penguins seem not to be able to change the way they play. You can't just rely on one system of play. You have to mix it up and tailor it to an opponent. They don't do that.
1/2 their problems lie in the systems they use. The zone defense doesn't work in todays game like it use to. You have to pressure more. At the same time, they have been unable to deal with teams playing them man on man and pressuring. They also have no answer to their failed dump ins.
Did you watch that game today? That power play. Every power play that puck is dumped in and eventually sent right back down the other end. 4-5 times a power play wasting the majority of the power play.
They have no adjustment to it, they put no effort in skating the puck in. It's dump and chase with 1 defense man back waiting for it to clear it right back out.
If they can't adjust their game plan they are never going to win anything. Talent will only get you so far.

Yes I remember back in January, you mentioned that Sully’s team was doing well at the time because he had the players who could play the system he wanted, but hadn’t shown any signs of being able to make adjustments when other teams figured them out. That’s exactly what’s happening now, he’s being exposed. The Penguins won that 2016 cup easily because other teams did not have the speed & agility of their players, therefore, they couldn’t physically keep up. That’s changed now & you can’t win on speed & skill alone. Gotta have some size, gotta be able to grind & outwork your opponents as well. The thing is, the Penguins do have guys that are capable of playing that type of game such as Tanev, Rust, even Sid. They are just not committed to doing so. Totally disengaged & easily intimidated by their opponents.
9 mars 2020 à 13 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Yojimbo

You’re right about Hörnqvist. I don’t know if there is a more passionate, energetic & hardworking player in the league than him. I’d put him back on this team, get rid of Rutta. As for Marner, a lot of people said the similar things about Kessel, that he’s not a character guy, too selfish & lazy etc, but they still brought him in & won 2 cups. I know Marner ruined his reputation of being a team guy this summer by getting overpayed, but when you have the chance to trade for a star winger, especially of Marner’s talent, you’ve gotta do it.
9 mars 2020 à 13 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: MajesticWalrus
Cause your name is a leafs player and you're talking about the pens

I live in Toronto but am a Pens fan.
9 mars 2020 à 13 h 51
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514

Trying to steal Marner?
9 mars 2020 à 14 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: csick
Trying to steal Marner?

Obviously.
10 mars 2020 à 8 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Banni
@datools @claysbar @gaudetster

What’d you guys think of this team?
11 mars 2020 à 11 h 52
GaudsWish
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 168

LOL me too.

Don't see why Toronto does this, doesn't really improve their team as none of the picks will give them a player as good as Marner, and its not like they're rebuilding. Plus the extra cap space will allow them to not even be as cap-strapped.

Could probably get behind the Avs trade, as Colorado seems to want Price for some reason, but Murray just hasn't been solid since people found out to shoot glove side on him. Would prefer Grubauer over him personally, and Grubauer's contract will cost less.
12 mars 2020 à 10 h 59
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 258

I don't agree with the premise that this team stinks. However I like the idea of a Marner trade, here's how I would do. Thinking is Toronto wants a RHD.
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1677200
12 mars 2020 à 13 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: gaudetster
LOL me too.

Don't see why Toronto does this, doesn't really improve their team as none of the picks will give them a player as good as Marner, and its not like they're rebuilding. Plus the extra cap space will allow them to not even be as cap-strapped.

Could probably get behind the Avs trade, as Colorado seems to want Price for some reason, but Murray just hasn't been solid since people found out to shoot glove side on him. Would prefer Grubauer over him personally, and Grubauer's contract will cost less.

You have some point. I heard that the Leafs organization haven’t been happy with Mitch Marner’s play after demanding that big contract, plus they are in cap hell, so a move like this could benefit them. I think Murray demands a similar contract to Price, so Grubauer probably will be cheaper. However, Murray has proven he can win cups, perhaps a change of scenery is all needs.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage