Logo de NJD
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2284 000 000 $83 475 000 $0 $500 000 $525 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 2
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 4
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 7
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 3
Logo de Flames de Calgary
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
G
UFA - 8
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 6
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
850 000 $850 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
C
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 mars 2020 à 19 h 34
Log off the internet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,865
No ****
7 mars 2020 à 19 h 52
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 546
If they could convince Gourde to waive for Detroit it would be a miracle. Johnson waiving for Calgary isn't as far fetched but don't see it either. Serg and Cirelli aren't getting that much so it's all good. Point certainly isn't getting traded and Tampa won't be trading Cernak for a winger that will cost considerably more than what his contract will cost. Killorn, Paquette and Coburn are likely trade candidates, Tampa won't re-sign Shattenkirk as he'll want more than Tampa can give him and Maroon is likely out as well unless he takes another very team friendly 1 year deal. It will certainly be tough but Tampa will 100% not be trading Point.
7 mars 2020 à 20 h 7
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
Quoting: JTBF81
. Serg and Cirelli aren't getting that much so it's all good.

I agree with lots you said but this is plane wrong. If they get any less than those its highway robbery
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
7 mars 2020 à 20 h 58
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL POINT GETTING MOVED
8 mars 2020 à 0 h 19
Quoting: papishark
I agree with lots you said but this is plane wrong. If they get any less than those its highway robbery

Not even close, Serg won't get more than McAvoy and as Tampa almost always convinces their rfa's to work with the team's structure, Serg at 3x4.5 is completely reasonable and Cirelli will be bridged around the same % as what Johnson, Killorn and Palat received their 2nd contracts, ~5% of the then cap so 4 million on the bridge is also not going to surprise anyone in Tampa. Cernak gets 2 max on his short deal and Tampa goes from there. It wouldn't surprise me at all if JBB gets them all signed for 10 but certainly no more than 11 tops.
8 mars 2020 à 3 h 1
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
Not even close, Serg won't get more than McAvoy and as Tampa almost always convinces their rfa's to work with the team's structure, Serg at 3x4.5 is completely reasonable and Cirelli will be bridged around the same % as what Johnson, Killorn and Palat received their 2nd contracts, ~5% of the then cap so 4 million on the bridge is also not going to surprise anyone in Tampa. Cernak gets 2 max on his short deal and Tampa goes from there. It wouldn't surprise me at all if JBB gets them all signed for 10 but certainly no more than 11 tops.

Thats if they are willing to bridge. Not every agent is
8 mars 2020 à 9 h 22
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 159
And all it takes is one signed offer sheet on Sergachev or Cirelli and then things get crazy.
8 mars 2020 à 9 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,640
Quoting: Habs_Hfx10
And all it takes is one signed offer sheet on Sergachev or Cirelli and then things get crazy.

And that's the reality, I mean what team out there is not willing to pay 6.5 x 5 for Sergachev right now?
8 mars 2020 à 9 h 54
GO BOLTS
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 388
Quoting: Boomer125
And that's the reality, I mean what team out there is not willing to pay 6.5 x 5 for Sergachev right now?

Agreed. I’ve posted before and people have said offer sheet no going to happen. It will this year. Maybe both Cirelli and Sergachev
8 mars 2020 à 10 h 27
Go Bolts!!!
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 153
The player has to want to sign the offer sheet. That is the key. Both Cirelli and Sergachev are not disgruntled and both are key pieces on a team playing top minutes that will contend for a few years so unless they are all about the money I think they will do everything they can to make it work with Tampa. The player also has the final say in the type of deal he signs as well. So even if the Agent doesn't want their client to sign a bridge deal they have no choice but to do that deal if that is what the player wants. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds with the RFAs.

And players waive their NTC all the time, all it does is protect them so they in essence have a say in where they will end up next. If the Bolts go to Johnson or Gourde and say we dont see you in our future do you really think they would force their NTC and stay. No they will go where they can play if a team wants them. Finding teams to take these players without retaining is the hard part. The business side of NHL is ****ty all around.

The Lightning are going to have an extremely hard time getting cap compliant but the good thing is they have 10% buffer during the off season so they should be able to sign who they want that meet their salary model and then figure out how to get under the cap. I have no idea how it will end up but being a betting man I think both Cirelli and Sergachev will be with the Lightning next year, from there its all a crap shoot with how it shakes out from there.
JTBF81 a aimé ceci.
8 mars 2020 à 20 h 1
Quoting: jasalex
Agreed. I’ve posted before and people have said offer sheet no going to happen. It will this year. Maybe both Cirelli and Sergachev

Sure they will lol, I'll trust past precedent and how Tampa has set things up for years, you can continue to assume these guys will all accept these magical offer sheets from worse teams and worse spots, guess we'll see who's right. I'll continue to put my money on Tampa getting it done
8 mars 2020 à 20 h 13
Quoting: stammerman
The player has to want to sign the offer sheet. That is the key. Both Cirelli and Sergachev are not disgruntled and both are key pieces on a team playing top minutes that will contend for a few years so unless they are all about the money I think they will do everything they can to make it work with Tampa. The player also has the final say in the type of deal he signs as well. So even if the Agent doesn't want their client to sign a bridge deal they have no choice but to do that deal if that is what the player wants. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds with the RFAs.

And players waive their NTC all the time, all it does is protect them so they in essence have a say in where they will end up next. If the Bolts go to Johnson or Gourde and say we dont see you in our future do you really think they would force their NTC and stay. No they will go where they can play if a team wants them. Finding teams to take these players without retaining is the hard part. The business side of NHL is ****ty all around.

The Lightning are going to have an extremely hard time getting cap compliant but the good thing is they have 10% buffer during the off season so they should be able to sign who they want that meet their salary model and then figure out how to get under the cap. I have no idea how it will end up but being a betting man I think both Cirelli and Sergachev will be with the Lightning next year, from there its all a crap shoot with how it shakes out from there.

I agree with this 100%. Neither Cirelli nor Sergachev have shown any interest in leaving or shown any indication that they are unhappy here. Both will negotiate for a bit but ultimately Cirelli will come in around ~4 million, maybe like 4.25 and Serg will be around 4.5, could be as high as 5 but likely closer to 4.5 or 4.67 maybe. Cernak in the 1.75-2.2 range is also expected. I think they could convince an ntc to waive but most likely Killorn gets moved bc he is the easiest and will get the highest return(hoping they can keep him though but seems unlikely). JBB is very good at managing the cap and has quite a few ppl working on this, pretty confident the outline for the offseason is already in place as you alluded to.
9 mars 2020 à 9 h 25
GO BOLTS
I agree with this 100%. Neither Cirelli nor Sergachev have shown any interest in leaving or shown any indication that they are unhappy here. Both will negotiate for a bit but ultimately Cirelli will come in around ~4 million, maybe like 4.25 and Serg will be around 4.5, could be as high as 5 but likely closer to 4.5 or 4.67 maybe. Cernak in the 1.75-2.2 range is also expected. I think they could convince an ntc to waive but most likely Killorn gets moved bc he is the easiest and will get the highest return(hoping they can keep him though but seems unlikely). JBB is very good at managing the cap and has quite a few ppl working on this, pretty confident the outline for the offseason is already in place as you alluded to.

No one knows what will happen, even JBB does not know. It is all speculation. However your argument is contradictory. You state that Cirelli and Sergechev have not expressed a desire to leave and go to a lesser team but then you say NTC players who have not expressed a desire to leave will waive to go to a lesser team. Money verses minutes I'd bet money wins. Sergechev is a top pairing defense man this year. 6.5 for 5 years is a reasonable number in the open market. Cirelli as a second center at 5.5 mill for 5 years also reasonable. How many teams are looking for upgrades at center? Yes some things need to give, we cannot afford everyone so it will be an interesting summer.
9 mars 2020 à 10 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: stammerman

No one knows what will happen, even JBB does not know. It is all speculation. However your argument is contradictory. You state that Cirelli and Sergechev have not expressed a desire to leave and go to a lesser team but then you say NTC players who have not expressed a desire to leave will waive to go to a lesser team. Money verses minutes I'd bet money wins. Sergechev is a top pairing defense man this year. 6.5 for 5 years is a reasonable number in the open market. Cirelli as a second center at 5.5 mill for 5 years also reasonable. How many teams are looking for upgrades at center? Yes some things need to give, we cannot afford everyone so it will be an interesting summer.

The NTCs are pretty unmovable,
Tyler Johnson Full No trade clause till June 2021 after 20 team trade list
Yanni Gourde Full no trade clause till June 30 2022 after 22 team trade list
Ondrej Palat Full no trade list till July 1st 2021 after 20 team trade list
Alex Killorn Full no trade till July 1st 2020 after 16 team no trade list submitted

Now all these players signed these deals to stay in Tampa, Alex Killorn is the most movable but JBB will have 15 teams to negotiate a trade with and out of those 15 teams there'd be what 4 or 5 that would have the 5.5 million of free space for the next 4 years.
It's unfortunate and not JBBs fault but his bargaining or negotiation leverage in negotiating a trade with these players is basically none. The other 3 can all say I'm not moving figure it out and they have the right to do so.

As for Sergachev, Ciereli, Cernak all taking major pay cuts is an insane thought - Cernak at 1.5 is a pay cut, Ciereli at 3/4 is a pay cut, Sergachev at 5 is a pay cut and what does it say to these 3 players if Tampa just pushed out the previous signed NTCs to make room all it says is the NTC is pointless.

Tampa would have 10% buffer in the offseason that is correct if they sign all 3 to friendly deals they'd be 6 million over the cap with only 18 players on the roster - so how much would any other team in the league be offering to take 5/6 million dollar x 4/5 years contracts off the lightnings hand? I'd bet none, I'd bet they'll all be trying to steal Point or getting paid handsomely from the lightning to do take one of the 4 mentioned above.
So OS is very very likely - no one is going to play nice or help Tampa navigate this cap crunch no team wants Tampa to be better or even remain equally competitive in the future.
jasalex a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2020 à 11 h 7
GO BOLTS
Alex Killorn Full no trade till July 1st 2020 after 16 team no trade list submitted

Now all these players signed these deals to stay in Tampa, Alex Killorn is the most movable but JBB will have 15 teams to negotiate a trade with and out of those 15 teams there'd be what 4 or 5 that would have the 5.5 million of free space for the next 4 years.
It's unfortunate and not JBBs fault but his bargaining or negotiation leverage in negotiating a trade with these players is basically none. The other 3 can all say I'm not moving figure it out and they have the right to do so.

As for Sergachev, Ciereli, Cernak all taking major pay cuts is an insane thought - Cernak at 1.5 is a pay cut, Ciereli at 3/4 is a pay cut, Sergachev at 5 is a pay cut and what does it say to these 3 players if Tampa just pushed out the previous signed NTCs to make room all it says is the NTC is pointless.

Tampa would have 10% buffer in the offseason that is correct if they sign all 3 to friendly deals they'd be 6 million over the cap with only 18 players on the roster - so how much would any other team in the league be offering to take 5/6 million dollar x 4/5 years contracts off the lightnings hand? I'd bet none, I'd bet they'll all be trying to steal Point or getting paid handsomely from the lightning to do take one of the 4 mentioned above.
So OS is very very likely - no one is going to play nice or help Tampa navigate this cap crunch no team wants Tampa to be better or even remain equally competitive in the future.

Finally someone that is logical.
9 mars 2020 à 11 h 41
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 102
In other topics, these genius "experts" said Cernak will get offersheeted.
So now:
Cernak = offersheeted
Sergachev = offersheeted
Cirelli = offersheeted

Check out Brayden Point and his offersheets, how that worked out... and he didn't get 10 million $, like the "capfriendly experts" predicted...
Last successful offersheet = in the "stone age". Good luck Armchair GM's.

So now every lottery team giving up their first round draft picks in 2021, just to get all the TBL players... You acquire Serg = you win the cup... right??? Because we are the best... right? No... LUL...
Sure offer a 2nd round pick for the offersheet compensation... easy match in 10 minutes(will delay with 1 week just for lolz)... so it needs to be insane high amount of $...

$4,227,438 - $6,341,152
1 First Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

6.3 million $ for Serg,Cirelli?
They say: No thanks, i take the 4.x(likely)/5.x(worst case) million $ in tampa... with friendly taxes and beach... and a respectable cup win% instead of missing the playoffs every 2nd year with a mediocre/lottery team...
So you need to offer 8.3 mill $ ... who will offer 8+ mill $ for Serg? Yes...Noone...I repeat NOONE. He might still say: No thanks to 8.x million $... we can just offer him 6.x in that case... with taxes... he only wins by staying here... again look at Point or Kucherov or any other player in NHL history in last decade...

The cap is going to be around 86 million... up to 88 million possible...
The projection is 84-88... if we are lucky is closer to 88, than 84...

Current predictions:
Cernak/Serg: 3.5 mill / Cirelli: 4.5mill / Shatty:gone / Killorn:gone / 1 of TJ/Gourde:gone / Coburn:gone / Paquette: stays
Might be 1 of the 3 RFA's get a big 6-8 years contract with higher caphit, if not all 3 bridged... that's it...

This is BASIC cap management. The other way is : Trade players away. EASY again.
NTC's doesn't matter. Parise just waived his. Other guy from NYI just waived. Kessel waived for Arizona... didn't for Minnesota...
Thornton just waived for a couple of teams...
Players waive it, if they see no future in the lineup. THE GM will tell them: Bye. They waive it. Simple. Not for Detroit Red Wings or Ottawa Senators For a team they like = half the league... or more...

Let me tell you, if we need to choose between TJ vs Serg. We choose Serg.
TJ vs Cirelli. We choose Cirelli.
Gourde vs same players. Same result.
They will be gone, if needed... if we have cap for them, then they stay... this is not rocket science...
Who doesn't want good 40-50 points middle6 players for free? We played JT Miller on 4th line. See how that turned out...
This year no different, than any other... Vasi already solved... next up: other RFA's...
9 mars 2020 à 12 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: F3ruS
So now:
Cernak = offersheeted
Sergachev = offersheeted
Cirelli = offersheeted

Check out Brayden Point and his offersheets, how that worked out... and he didn't get 10 million $, like the "capfriendly experts" predicted...

So now every lottery team giving up their first round draft picks in 2021, just to get all the TBL players... You acquire Serg = you win the cup... right??? Because we are the best... right? No... LUL...
Sure offer a 2nd round pick for the offersheet compensation... easy match in 10 minutes(will delay with 1 week just for lolz)... so it needs to be insane high amount of $...

$4,227,438 - $6,341,152
1 First Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

They say: No thanks, i take the 4.x(likely)/5.x(worst case) million $ in tampa... with friendly taxes and beach... and a respectable cup win% instead of missing the playoffs every 2nd year with a mediocre/lottery team...
So you need to offer 8.3 mill $ ... who will offer 8+ mill $ for Serg? Yes...Noone...I repeat NOONE. He might still say: No thanks to 8.x million $... we can just offer him 6.x in that case... with taxes... he only wins by staying here... again look at Point or Kucherov or any other player in NHL history in last decade...

Current predictions:
Cernak/Serg: 3.5 mill / Cirelli: 4.5mill / Shatty:gone / Killorn:gone / 1 of TJ/Gourde:gone / Coburn:gone / Paquette: stays
Might be 1 of the 3 RFA's get a big 6-8 years contract with higher caphit, if not all 3 bridged... that's it...

This is BASIC cap management. The other way is : Trade players away. EASY again.
NTC's doesn't matter. Parise just waived his. Other guy from NYI just waived. Kessel waived for Arizona... didn't for Minnesota...
Players waive it, if they see no future in the lineup. THE GM will tell them: Bye. They waive it. Simple. Not for Detroit Red Wings or Ottawa Senators For a team they like = half the league... or more...

They will be gone, if needed... if we have cap for them, then they stay... this is not rocket science...
Who doesn't want good 40-50 points middle6 players for free? We played JT Miller on 4th line. See how that turned out...
This year no different, than any other... Vasi already solved... next up: other RFA's...

There was literally a signed OS last offseason
9 mars 2020 à 13 h 44
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
There was literally a signed OS last offseason

It helped the Carolina GM. He went to Hawaii sooner to vacation... literally he said it...
...and noone said any Carolina "possibe move the franchise to other city in couple years, like Arizona/Florida" players will not sign offer sheets...
If you ask me about Svechnikov... i have no idea if he signs it or not for 10 million $+...
We are talking about a top3 team in the last 5 years in points collected, yes that's the Tampa Bay Lightning in the regular season + multiple playoffs success + future top10 team in the league next few years. ( i doubt we regress to top 16 or worse, like San Jose)
You see the difference between bad franchises vs successful ones. Aka signing an offer sheet to make your life worse (no player like to gets traded where they play for same team for years for no reason).
Money is just a part of a hockey player career. Usually handled by the agent(99%). Player can say the agent : Just sign me any deal you can. Even if it's 2 million less $ for xyz years...
Like Labanc for San jose.

The question in that case was: "I'm Sebastian Aho, what do i choose?"

6 million $ for 6-7 years--- can't remember it perfectly --->Carolina offer was a joke that's all i remember.
So again a "possible franchise which can be moved anytime the owner wants"/fringe playoffs team. The owner doesn't want to spend money for no success. It's understandable.
Florida already announced they will cut the costs for next year. Believe it or not. Florida will be bad again... If they can't spend to the cap(we'll see what they do)

So the offersheet was Montreal(established franchise - no danger of bad things happening and they like every finnish player and they love to draft them, especially young ones = connection there)
8.2 mill $ for 5 years if i remember correctly

Do you see the difference between a winning franchise with possible cup chance vs. a barely playoffs franchise(possible on the move in 5 years if owners decides enough is enough- few spectators for example = low income) and lot less % to win cups each year in that 5-6 years period? Who would bet on Carolina this year/next year to win it all... It's possible... it's just unlikely... they need a goalie first...

He signed the offersheet because it was a lowball offer from a bad team & from a bad owner and a "not so bright future" franchise.
It was not just about money. See Finnish connection with Montreal.
Another reason why it happend: Montreal f*cked up the drafts to get a true #1 center.
That was their desperate atempt to get one and every single person, who watches the NHL knows, that it would be matched in 1 hour... Because those draft picks from montreal = 99% worse player than Aho and the caphit they offered was laughable low.
It would've been a true offersheet in my eyes, if it's the highest tier or (maybe 2nd highest with max money offer)...

Let's examine the next tier:
$8,454,872 - $10,568,589
2 First Round Picks
1 Second Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

This is already bad for Montreal. Probably that's why it's not happend. They need to make sure they are top10 in the league for next 2 years, if they offer this. Unlikely. Even with Aho.
If this offer happend, i wouldn't have laughed about Marc Bergevin, but still would've expected a match there. Like 10 million $ @ 5 years.

So here comes "real offersheet" part:

$10,568,590 - ∞
4 First Round Picks

Obviously you don't really want to give up as a GM this much valuable picks for 1 player... except if he is like McDavid level/Kucherov level/MacKinnon level/Ovechkin level, where you can be 100% sure that tha value in those years and the possible cup % win is worth the risk you're taking. And again you need to make sure if you offersheet that McDavid type of guy... you finish at least top5-10 in the league, that those draft picks = have not too much value . Edmonton + McDavid = not enough to be top 10 you see where im going with this and why it's not worth it?
Like 11.5 million $(Panarin money) for max years possible.

So you can already see if you follow my drift, that Marc "Genius" Bergevin only missed this offersheet by 2 tiers.
Turns out he offered it, becuase he thought this Carolina franchise is dieing/owner doesn't like to pay big money... Turns out every franchise/owner can pay any player, unless they don't want to... What a colossal surprise.
If you want to target other teams with offersheet. You should target Florida players, but the success rate there are also questionable, although 100 times more likely, then TBL.
I'm certain Carolina would've taken the 4 x 1st round picks from Montreal Canadiens for this particular around 1 point/game player. Who is elite C, but not the best of best of elites. Maybe ~ top40 NHL player.

So all-in-all we are talking about much worse players/less value players(Serg/Cirelli/Cernak), than Aho was on a successful franchise(tampa), where players like everything here.
Like russian Sergachev likes it here, he is really having fun with buddies with Kucherov, Vasilevsky, Volkov sometimes... go to beach etc... money is not nr. 1 thing in this franchise, and every player knows it....
Cirelli is my fav player for a reason... last year it was Point. The compete level for Cirelli is off the charts... not the money what drives him. It's the winning at all costs part... if someone offers 8.3 million $ "AHO money" for Cirelli. So be it. Our GM will make the correct decision based upon the offering team's projections in the next year.
It's a big IF, because who has 8 million $ for a 2nd line center, whose main strength is DEFENSIVE play. Usually these players costs less(for free from UFA or cheaper trades), the players in this salary category are scoring lots of goals/lot more points then 50-60... and almost noone "real" offersheets those guys anyways(60-100 point guys).... so why they didn't offersheet Rantanen last year... oops... because the price is just not worth it...

The offersheet system is flawed and basically non-existant... Needs new rules/new money tiers/less compensation prizes... Currently it's full garbage...

Anytime i see one of these posts... I can write about this topic for a while...
But usually this ends up at the end of our conversation:
Topic opener still thinks "xyz" player will get offersheeted and it will be signed by the player and NOT MATCHED BY THE CLUB = Succesful offersheet
Why? They don't know. Just. Because. Why not? Offersheet = danger = happening = crazy things will happen WITH THE Tampa Bay Lightning.
Again i talk about a speicifc team, not about all other teams.

Winning here is priority. I'm sure even JT Miller didn't want to leave last year... he had a good time... he comes back for podcasts etc... whatnot... almost every player likes it here... it's a known fact...
One player i know from a russian interview doesn't really like it here: Volkov Why? Because he can't make it the roster. He has to play in AHL. He wants to play in NHL. You can target Volkov with your offersheet, and i'm certain he will say yes to you generous offer:
$1,395,054 - $2,113,716
1 Third Round Pick
We probably not matching... but it's 50-50. So again. Still can be unsuccesful.
Succesful offersheet = "signed by player + not matched" together. That's why i said Aho = unsuccesful. Like it didn't happend, other than helped the GM cause less trouble for the preseason...+ extended vacation

Do you remember where Kovalkchuk wanted to go? To play with Ovi in Washington... You see these non us/canada players really like when they can speak their own language. Especially when they barely speak english... But that's the signing part... why a player signs it, that's only a small part of the offersheet.
The important part is matching/not matching. Where a lot of people fail to realize, if a club doesn't match it... it's not because of salary reasons... it's because of they think the draft picks = more value than a player.

TLDR:
Real offersheet what should've happened if any GM was serious:

$10,568,590 - ∞
4 First Round Picks Compensation

4 draft picks for Aho + 10.6million $ salary offer = not matched = possible successful offersheet = that's your literally what happend last year scenario. Not quite close...
Marc "i need a center or i lose my job" Bergevin only missed it by 2 tiers.
Not by 1 Tier.
2 Tiers.
That's an epic fail...Huh? Help

We can talk next, when i see a "successful offersheet"(not matched-otherwise no consequences) on this site... until then... too unlikely it happens... Zero in a decade looks like the reality until next CBA.

Or you can show me players/ offers/ years /salary for offersheet, then i can predict what would happen.(non-TBL players obviously)
9 mars 2020 à 14 h 24
Go Bolts!!!

Its simple if the RFAs want to stay they will at a discount because that is the only way its going to happen. How much of a discount I don't know but it will be less then market value.

Johnson, Gourde or Palat would waive their NTC if the Lightning go to them and say they don't see them in the future anymore. They will go to a team that wants them and they can play top 6 minutes.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, I am not the GM so I don't know what the plan is but again if I was a betting man Cirelli and Sergachev will be in the starting lineup next season. The rest is in JBBs hand on how it shakes out with everything else.
9 mars 2020 à 14 h 27
Go Bolts!!!
Modifié 9 mars 2020 à 14 h 33
Finally someone that is logical.

The logic says over the past few years that I have been on this website is that offer sheets are very rare and players waiver their NTCs more then offer sheets happen.

It is going to be interesting to see how it plays out but the trends say no offer sheet (especially if the player wants to stay) and a NTC would be waived. I wouldn't want to be JBB and the Bolts brass this off-season - lots of extremely difficult decisions to be made. If for some reason Serg or Cirelli do sign an offer or say Johnson refuses what do they do? I don't know but I bet they have a contingency in place for either scenario. No need for doom and gloom, lets see how it works out - I will stick my original prediction and say Cirelli and Sergachev are in the opening lineup next year. I have no idea how it will happen but I would make that bet.
JTBF81 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2020 à 14 h 30
Démarrer sujet
It helped the Carolina GM. He went to Hawaii sooner to vacation... literally he said it...
...and noone said any Carolina "possibe move the franchise to other city in couple years, like Arizona/Florida" players will not sign offer sheets...
If you ask me about Svechnikov... i have no idea if he signs it or not for 10 million $+...
We are talking about a top3 team in the last 5 years in points collected, yes that's the Tampa Bay Lightning in the regular season + multiple playoffs success + future top10 team in the league next few years. ( i doubt we regress to top 16 or worse, like San Jose)
You see the difference between bad franchises vs successful ones. Aka signing an offer sheet to make your life worse (no player like to gets traded where they play for same team for years for no reason).
Money is just a part of a hockey player career. Usually handled by the agent(99%). Player can say the agent : Just sign me any deal you can. Even if it's 2 million less $ for xyz years...
Like Labanc for San jose.

The question in that case was: "I'm Sebastian Aho, what do i choose?"

6 million $ for 6-7 years--- can't remember it perfectly --->Carolina offer was a joke that's all i remember.
So again a "possible franchise which can be moved anytime the owner wants"/fringe playoffs team. The owner doesn't want to spend money for no success. It's understandable.
Florida already announced they will cut the costs for next year. Believe it or not. Florida will be bad again... If they can't spend to the cap(we'll see what they do)

So the offersheet was Montreal(established franchise - no danger of bad things happening and they like every finnish player and they love to draft them, especially young ones = connection there)
8.2 mill $ for 5 years if i remember correctly

Do you see the difference between a winning franchise with possible cup chance vs. a barely playoffs franchise(possible on the move in 5 years if owners decides enough is enough- few spectators for example = low income) and lot less % to win cups each year in that 5-6 years period? Who would bet on Carolina this year/next year to win it all... It's possible... it's just unlikely... they need a goalie first...

He signed the offersheet because it was a lowball offer from a bad team & from a bad owner and a "not so bright future" franchise.
It was not just about money. See Finnish connection with Montreal.
Another reason why it happend: Montreal f*cked up the drafts to get a true #1 center.
That was their desperate atempt to get one and every single person, who watches the NHL knows, that it would be matched in 1 hour... Because those draft picks from montreal = 99% worse player than Aho and the caphit they offered was laughable low.
It would've been a true offersheet in my eyes, if it's the highest tier or (maybe 2nd highest with max money offer)...

Let's examine the next tier:
$8,454,872 - $10,568,589
2 First Round Picks
1 Second Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

This is already bad for Montreal. Probably that's why it's not happend. They need to make sure they are top10 in the league for next 2 years, if they offer this. Unlikely. Even with Aho.
If this offer happend, i wouldn't have laughed about Marc Bergevin, but still would've expected a match there. Like 10 million $ @ 5 years.

So here comes "real offersheet" part:

$10,568,590 - ∞
4 First Round Picks

Obviously you don't really want to give up as a GM this much valuable picks for 1 player... except if he is like McDavid level/Kucherov level/MacKinnon level/Ovechkin level, where you can be 100% sure that tha value in those years and the possible cup % win is worth the risk you're taking. And again you need to make sure if you offersheet that McDavid type of guy... you finish at least top5-10 in the league, that those draft picks = have not too much value . Edmonton + McDavid = not enough to be top 10 you see where im going with this and why it's not worth it?
Like 11.5 million $(Panarin money) for max years possible.

So you can already see if you follow my drift, that Marc "Genius" Bergevin only missed this offersheet by 2 tiers.
Turns out he offered it, becuase he thought this Carolina franchise is dieing/owner doesn't like to pay big money... Turns out every franchise/owner can pay any player, unless they don't want to... What a colossal surprise.
If you want to target other teams with offersheet. You should target Florida players, but the success rate there are also questionable, although 100 times more likely, then TBL.
I'm certain Carolina would've taken the 4 x 1st round picks from Montreal Canadiens for this particular around 1 point/game player. Who is elite C, but not the best of best of elites. Maybe ~ top40 NHL player.

So all-in-all we are talking about much worse players/less value players(Serg/Cirelli/Cernak), than Aho was on a successful franchise(tampa), where players like everything here.
Like russian Sergachev likes it here, he is really having fun with buddies with Kucherov, Vasilevsky, Volkov sometimes... go to beach etc... money is not nr. 1 thing in this franchise, and every player knows it....
Cirelli is my fav player for a reason... last year it was Point. The compete level for Cirelli is off the charts... not the money what drives him. It's the winning at all costs part... if someone offers 8.3 million $ "AHO money" for Cirelli. So be it. Our GM will make the correct decision based upon the offering team's projections in the next year.
It's a big IF, because who has 8 million $ for a 2nd line center, whose main strength is DEFENSIVE play. Usually these players costs less(for free from UFA or cheaper trades), the players in this salary category are scoring lots of goals/lot more points then 50-60... and almost noone "real" offersheets those guys anyways(60-100 point guys).... so why they didn't offersheet Rantanen last year... oops... because the price is just not worth it...

The offersheet system is flawed and basically non-existant... Needs new rules/new money tiers/less compensation prizes... Currently it's full garbage...

Anytime i see one of these posts... I can write about this topic for a while...
But usually this ends up at the end of our conversation:
Topic opener still thinks "xyz" player will get offersheeted and it will be signed by the player and NOT MATCHED BY THE CLUB = Succesful offersheet
Why? They don't know. Just. Because. Why not? Offersheet = danger = happening = crazy things will happen WITH THE Tampa Bay Lightning.
Again i talk about a speicifc team, not about all other teams.

Winning here is priority. I'm sure even JT Miller didn't want to leave last year... he had a good time... he comes back for podcasts etc... whatnot... almost every player likes it here... it's a known fact...
One player i know from a russian interview doesn't really like it here: Volkov Why? Because he can't make it the roster. He has to play in AHL. He wants to play in NHL. You can target Volkov with your offersheet, and i'm certain he will say yes to you generous offer:
$1,395,054 - $2,113,716
1 Third Round Pick
We probably not matching... but it's 50-50. So again. Still can be unsuccesful.
Succesful offersheet = "signed by player + not matched" together. That's why i said Aho = unsuccesful. Like it didn't happend, other than helped the GM cause less trouble for the preseason...+ extended vacation

Do you remember where Kovalkchuk wanted to go? To play with Ovi in Washington... You see these non us/canada players really like when they can speak their own language. Especially when they barely speak english... But that's the signing part... why a player signs it, that's only a small part of the offersheet.
The important part is matching/not matching. Where a lot of people fail to realize, if a club doesn't match it... it's not because of salary reasons... it's because of they think the draft picks = more value than a player.

TLDR:
Real offersheet what should've happened if any GM was serious:

$10,568,590 - ∞
4 First Round Picks Compensation

4 draft picks for Aho + 10.6million $ salary offer = not matched = possible successful offersheet = that's your literally what happend last year scenario. Not quite close...
Marc "i need a center or i lose my job" Bergevin only missed it by 2 tiers.
Not by 1 Tier.
2 Tiers.
That's an epic fail...Huh? Help

We can talk next, when i see a "successful offersheet"(not matched-otherwise no consequences) on this site... until then... too unlikely it happens... Zero in a decade looks like the reality until next CBA.

Or you can show me players/ offers/ years /salary for offersheet, then i can predict what would happen.(non-TBL players obviously)

We're not talking about Aho, we're talking about the Lightning RFAs and the math doesn't add up, I get that Tampa can in theory match any offer that is of market value eg: Sergachev at 6 million x 5 or Ciereli at 4.5 x 3 or Cernak at 3x3 the reality is once Tampa matches those offers which can't happen till July 1st they will have used up the 10% overage of the cap (based on a realistic 84 Million) and have 18 roster players at about 6 million over the cap now they have to shed 6 million just to become cap compliant and the lovely reasons you pointed out as to why players like Tampa is the same reasons why Johnson, Gourde, Palat and now it's after July 1st Kucherov all say no I'm not moving we signed our team friendly deals with the NTCs to be here. Alright so now JBB is calling around he has his 3 shiny RFAs and Point he can shop to free up cap and fill 6 roster spots now all these players are absolutely very valuable and under normal circumstances would bring in very nice hauls but we are not under normal circumstances we are under absolutely must shed salary circumstances which negates JBBs leverage in negotiating a trade, and I'm not saying it's impossible I'm just merely pointing out the mass difficulty it will be and yes there are GMs licking there lips and circling in hopes to steal very Quality pieces from a very very good even great team over the last 5 years. Tampa "Easily" matching OS is an empty statement when the repercussions of matching are far from easy.
9 mars 2020 à 15 h 0
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
We're not talking about Aho, we're talking about the Lightning RFAs and the math doesn't add up, I get that Tampa can in theory match any offer that is of market value eg: Sergachev at 6 million x 5 or Ciereli at 4.5 x 3 or Cernak at 3x3 the reality is once Tampa matches those offers which can't happen till July 1st they will have used up the 10% overage of the cap (based on a realistic 84 Million) and have 18 roster players at about 6 million over the cap now they have to shed 6 million just to become cap compliant and the lovely reasons you pointed out as to why players like Tampa is the same reasons why Johnson, Gourde, Palat and now it's after July 1st Kucherov all say no I'm not moving we signed our team friendly deals with the NTCs to be here. Alright so now JBB is calling around he has his 3 shiny RFAs and Point he can shop to free up cap and fill 6 roster spots now all these players are absolutely very valuable and under normal circumstances would bring in very nice hauls but we are not under normal circumstances we are under absolutely must shed salary circumstances which negates JBBs leverage in negotiating a trade, and I'm not saying it's impossible I'm just merely pointing out the mass difficulty it will be and yes there are GMs licking there lips and circling in hopes to steal very Quality pieces from a very very good even great team over the last 5 years. Tampa "Easily" matching OS is an empty statement when the repercussions of matching are far from easy.

In this case you saying, it was same last year with Calahan. JT MIller + others... Literally nothing changed. Except we have to move 1-4 players instead of 1-3...
Everyone thought Callahan = we pay 1st round pick to get rid of him. Reality we payed like 5th round.
Again if Gourde is a problem for you... then we trade him for less.... than the market value... like let's say he is worth 2nd round+3rd round. In this scenario nobody offers that. We only get offered a 2nd round pick... we take that offer... and he is gone...
Just like everyone else... who doesn't fit under the cap... It's really easy. You don't believe me? Just watch every move BriseBois makes...
He already prepared for next year by trading for Coleman/Goodrow. Next step is: You will see...

Point is staying... If you think he is a trade piece. Open some topics about Ovechkin leaving Washington too... I'm sure people will love it...Zzz...

Let me help you with Point: He is our best player right now... Not Kucherov... Kapischi?
He stays... it's all about offense+defense together in our team + winning the cup. We don't care about points/goals that much, as last year. Last year we had like 24/7 offense team system. Now it's 70% offense/30% defense team system. Point is top3 defensive forward on our team... He is a playmaker who comes back and prevents opponents goals = like Couturier for Philly = untradeable

For example:NYI has 10% offense/90% defensive system. You see we are far away from that system, but we know that 100% offense = no cups...
We needed 5 years for this to figure out it looks like... check the nfl... Kansas was decent defensively with lethal offense = super bowl win...
We need to keep our offense around 3 goals/game --- but until we cannot go under 2.3 goals in the playoffs allowed/game, we are ain't winning sh*t... It's all about balance.
Toronto has bottom 5 defense in league = same as our defense for years... Toronto will soon realize it doesn't work... no team won cup without excellent defenders/defensive style.
Even Crosby had insane help and overachiveing players, when they won... LA was all about defense... ST Louis same... somehow Washington defended well in the cup year... etc...
Point brings us defense = non-tradable. We need more players like him in reality, not trading him away...

I hope BriseBois brings in some good solid Shutdown D-man next year(not Schenn/Bogosian levels), if we don't win the cup this year... 86% that we won't win it... so that's the reality...
Waiving NTC for Johnson/Gourde is not an option, if you think we are in bad cap situation. It's a must. There is no way around it. They already know i suspect... They look sad on the ice... A cup win would overshadow the possible trades/sadness for them... and they would be happy to go... without the cup it will be bittersweet...

But here is the thing, our cap situation is not that bad... we have replacement players and if cap let's say 86.5 million $, we'll be fine, just like last year... Just 1-4 trades needed... Like Coburn... Killorn etc... i already said... Those 3 will get signed... in case not... 1 of them can get traded(under 1% i see this scenario happening)

Cernak/Serg 3.5 mill - Cirelli: 4.5 mill

Can you modify your trades with my numbers? If you really interested in our cap situation... And not 84 million $. That's not happening.... it's gonna be higher...
Then you see it's not that bad. Keep Point wink
BTW Kapanen trade is also horrifying, i see that dude play all the time. Not a good fit for our needs. At all... He can stay in Toronto...
JTBF81 a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2020 à 17 h 14
So now:
Cernak = offersheeted
Sergachev = offersheeted
Cirelli = offersheeted

$4,227,438 - $6,341,152
1 First Round Pick
1 Third Round Pick

Current predictions:

If the cap goes to 85 or 86 then Tampa has no problems at all. Even at 84 it works. These posters obv don't know Tampa well if they think these rfa's are taking offer sheets for a million or 2 more, which is considerably less due to taxes, to leave a top contender. Serg will get closer to McAvoy(if Tampa even worries about "comparables," which they often don't), Cernak will get less than 3.5 with Cirelli at maybe 4.5 tops but likely closer to 4. It's like these ppl think JBB hasn't already planned these numbers out and very likely already has some gauge on the players approaches to this. But again, not worth anymore discussion as we've heard it all before with several other players the last 5 years and look at that, no offer sheets and kept everyone they needed/wanted with reasonable bridge contracts. Tampa doesn't let other teams inflated contracts dictate their negotiations, and they won't start now.
F3ruS a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2020 à 17 h 36
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
If the cap goes to 85 or 86 then Tampa has no problems at all. Even at 84 it works. These posters obv don't know Tampa well if they think these rfa's are taking offer sheets for a million or 2 more, which is considerably less due to taxes, to leave a top contender. Serg will get closer to McAvoy(if Tampa even worries about "comparables," which they often don't), Cernak will get less than 3.5 with Cirelli at maybe 4.5 tops but likely closer to 4. It's like these ppl think JBB hasn't already planned these numbers out and very likely already has some gauge on the players approaches to this. But again, not worth anymore discussion as we've heard it all before with several other players the last 5 years and look at that, no offer sheets and kept everyone they needed/wanted with reasonable bridge contracts. Tampa doesn't let other teams inflated contracts dictate their negotiations, and they won't start now.

The Vasi re-signing already signaled to me, that he has the perfect plan. It seemed way too much out of nowhere...(+2 capvalue trades - for steep price)
Maybe our roster won't be perfect ... but it will be still better than 90% of NHL teams. Which is good enough for a cup-try... even if we fail 2019/2020 + 2020/2021--- who knows what will happen in 2021/2022 or later... we can find a gem anytime with trades... draft... look at John Marino + Kubalik trades... those teams got those players for peanuts... if we can find those "gem" type of palyers... our cap situation is instantly better for 3 years... entry level contracts + RFA low $ deals = best for contending.
Overpaying every 2nd player = worst for contending...
We overpayed Vasi, so i'm a little worried we might step on the "overpayment " train... but i hope not...
We'll see with Cirelli/Serg/Cernak. I hope all 3 gets decent contracts and teamfriendly at least 2/3, maybe i would deal with a higher year/ higher caphit value for cirelli, if we can fit under the cap... the others... probably bridged... but i'm biased, as Cirelli is my fav player wink
These guys on this forum think this is the hardest situation ever for any GM ever existed...
And we will be excluded from competing next year by the NHL because of over the caplimit before season starts...
Well all i can say to them: Watch every move BriseBois makes. It will be for a reason.
Even i was skeptical about the Shattenkirk signing. Turned out the steal of the year for that low $ caphit... right now everyone in the league would gladly pay him 3 millon $ i bet...
He is good at finding these good deals.
Another one:Maroon. How useful he is for a full year + big body + funny lockerroom character guy.... so awesome... Bogosian(i have my doubts again - hope he proves me wrong - but at least he was free - so no big deal if he is bad)

Cap management = BriseBois job = He is good at it nod nod nod ...Not like some random guys in these forums who wants to trade Cernak away for a bag of pucks... give Serg 6.5 mill $ contract... etc... that's just plain bad assets/cap management

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage