Forums/Armchair-GM

We Deserved That Game

Créé par: TheGuyInTheChair
Équipe: 2019-20 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 24 févr. 2020
Publié: 7 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I really don’t understand what the problem is for these guys. You play the structured, defense-first, low-risk game Sullivan wants to play - you win. You play the way we played today you get swept by the Islanders. Letang was seriously awful, one of his worst games of the year. On I think the Panik goal he chased a caps defenseman with the puck behind the Capitals net and of course gave them a two on one that they scored on. If Riikola did that he’d be benched for the year. We must’ve given up six or seven two on ones that game. I hope Sullivan screams until his lungs collapse because we’re not going to win a round in the playoffs if we play like that.

And btw those of you morons blaming Murray for this game please make sure to touch as many surfaces as possible in public places, don’t wash your hands, and stand next to people having coughing fits. It’s kinda hard to stop the puck when the other team has a 2 on 1
Transactions
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $72 374 125 $132 500 $3 832 500 $9 125 875 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD, C
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
767 500 $767 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AD, C, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
874 125 $874 125 $
DG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 mars 2020 à 16 h 8
claysbar
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 94
I don't know if it's burnout from being undermanned so much this year or what (can't blame the new faces, it began before that) but if there is an early exit this year in the playoffs there should be all but one name on the "no-trade" list. Geno and Letang need to be discussed, Bjug's and Murray should be moved for what they can get. Granted they have become an annually "Hot March" team but it's a 1/4 way thru and it's not looking good.
7 mars 2020 à 16 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 581
Quoting: claysbar
I don't know if it's burnout from being undermanned so much this year or what (can't blame the new faces, it began before that) but if there is an early exit this year in the playoffs there should be all but one name on the "no-trade" list. Geno and Letang need to be discussed, Bjug's and Murray should be moved for what they can get. Granted they have become an annually "Hot March" team but it's a 1/4 way thru and it's not looking good.

When guys were injured the team had to really push every shift to win and we had to have guys step up. We were better with McCann as our 2nd line center because there was a real sense of urgency that if they didn’t play that way they were going to miss the playoffs. That team in December looked like it could go all the way but this team looks like just another playoff team in the East. They have to get back to the simple game they were playing earlier in the year and I know they can. Winning disguises a lot of underlying issues that get exposed with losing and hopefully we make the adjustments and start playing better. Cause the playoffs have already started in a way considering our next 10 games are against the Metro and every team in the Metro except for New Jersey can make the playoffs
claysbar a aimé ceci.
7 mars 2020 à 16 h 22
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
traded Kahun for a guy who gets benched and Sheary..........holy F what a bad trade.

This team is awful.
No desire to win or actually play hockey. They should have kept their first and tanked the year away if this is how they intend to play.
7 mars 2020 à 16 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: pharrow
traded Kahun for a guy who gets benched and Sheary..........holy F what a bad trade.

This team is awful.
No desire to win or actually play hockey. They should have kept their first and tanked the year away if this is how they intend to play.

It’s not effort it’s just a bad stretch. We have a lot of guys coming back from injury who are trying to find their place in the lineup. It’s almost like overturning half the team with trades and guys coming back from injury is going to take some time to get chemistry. This whole month we play teams that are either in the playoffs or within striking distance which will be a good tune up for us whilst Washington has a candy ass schedule. They know what they have to do they just have to do it
7 mars 2020 à 16 h 33
claysbar

This team is awful.

Something has to be said for a player being traded 2 times in 2 years no matter what his #'s look like. I agree with you on paper but...
7 mars 2020 à 16 h 43
Banni
Quoting: Jesus
It’s not effort it’s just a bad stretch. We have a lot of guys coming back from injury who are trying to find their place in the lineup. It’s almost like overturning half the team with trades and guys coming back from injury is going to take some time to get chemistry. This whole month we play teams that are either in the playoffs or within striking distance which will be a good tune up for us whilst Washington has a candy ass schedule. They know what they have to do they just have to do it

I really don't want to hear the Chemistry excuse. Letang and dumo been playing together for years.
Hell that doesn't even matter. The pure talent jump from what was on that blue line to what is on it now alone would make up for "chemistry" issues.

The truth is they played like they didn't want to win or frankly even play hockey.

That game was hot garbage and it was a total lack of effort. Bad stretch. You have to actually want to play to win.
7 mars 2020 à 16 h 47
Banni
Something has to be said for a player being traded 2 times in 2 years no matter what his #'s look like. I agree with you on paper but...

I'm not buying that one at all. Not a word was said of any kind of issues around him. That would have leaked by now.
Chicago needed help on the blue line so I get why they traded him.
This is one of those trades people will look back on for years as being a bone head move. They got basically nothing for a guy who was worth something.
7 mars 2020 à 17 h 7
Démarrer sujet
I really don't want to hear the Chemistry excuse. Letang and dumo been playing together for years.
Hell that doesn't even matter. The pure talent jump from what was on that blue line to what is on it now alone would make up for "chemistry" issues.

The truth is they played like they didn't want to win or frankly even play hockey.

That game was hot garbage and it was a total lack of effort. Bad stretch. You have to actually want to play to win.

That’s really your explanation? They didn’t try? I swear you have some of the worst takes on this site. Like who on the team wasn’t trying exactly?
claysbar a aimé ceci.
7 mars 2020 à 17 h 19
claysbar
I'm not buying that one at all. Not a word was said of any kind of issues around him. That would have leaked by now.
Chicago needed help on the blue line so I get why they traded him.
This is one of those trades people will look back on for years as being a bone head move. They got basically nothing for a guy who was worth something.

This could be a 100% Naslund trade but this wasn't one team moving on from him, it was two. Hell, he was better with CHI and it wasn't like CHI was a O. M. away from a Cup run and it was a "pure hockey trade".
7 mars 2020 à 19 h 8
Banni
That’s really your explanation? They didn’t try? I swear you have some of the worst takes on this site. Like who on the team wasn’t trying exactly?

dude your chemistry excuse is so bad it's not even funny.
Yeah two guys who have been playing with each other for YEARS suddenly need to work on chemistry. FFS Letang was a -4 and played like absolute **** and went from playing with JJ to Dumo and it's Chemistry. FFS you replaced what might be the worst defense man on the team with a solid #1 LD and the issue is chemistry.
Tell you what sherlock, you give me a better explanation than their head was not in the game at all.

Me and the whole rest of the world will be waiting on it.
Hell they got out hit like 40 something to 20 something by the end of the 2nd period. Come tell me there was "effort"

Just another one of your really bad takes.
7 mars 2020 à 19 h 12
Banni
This could be a 100% Naslund trade but this wasn't one team moving on from him, it was two. Hell, he was better with CHI and it wasn't like CHI was a O. M. away from a Cup run and it was a "pure hockey trade".

yeah but Chicago needed defense and probably foolishly thought Maatta was better than he actually is. On top of it, once the run on defensemen took off at FA, there wasn't anything left. Defense is always in demand.

Look what I'm saying is this. If it was a personality thing. We would have heard about it by now don't you think?
Chicago would have been like, yeah we got rid of that cancer he was problematic.
But we didn't.
God knows the penguins media blogs are brutal on guys. Look how they ran Kessel out of town constantly talking about how there are issues between him and Malkin and Sully ......
You don't think if this guy was an issue you wouldn't have heard about it?
I'm gonna say there probably wasn't an issue there.
7 mars 2020 à 19 h 13
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,687
Caps won fair-square...
claysbar a aimé ceci.
7 mars 2020 à 19 h 28
claysbar
yeah but Chicago needed defense and probably foolishly thought Maatta was better than he actually is. On top of it, once the run on defensemen took off at FA, there wasn't anything left. Defense is always in demand.

Look what I'm saying is this. If it was a personality thing. We would have heard about it by now don't you think?
Chicago would have been like, yeah we got rid of that cancer he was problematic.
But we didn't.
God knows the penguins media blogs are brutal on guys. Look how they ran Kessel out of town constantly talking about how there are issues between him and Malkin and Sully ......
You don't think if this guy was an issue you wouldn't have heard about it?
I'm gonna say there probably wasn't an issue there.

Winning does a lot of things including shutting mouths. Most of the P.K. stuff came out late and the whole Pascal Dupuis fiasco came out of nowhere so there is that. Any of us can pretend to be experts on knowing about 5% of the available facts but in the end, EVERYONE but the players/coaches/owners has any idea of what is going on.
7 mars 2020 à 19 h 57
Démarrer sujet
dude your chemistry excuse is so bad it's not even funny.
Yeah two guys who have been playing with each other for YEARS suddenly need to work on chemistry. FFS Letang was a -4 and played like absolute **** and went from playing with JJ to Dumo and it's Chemistry. FFS you replaced what might be the worst defense man on the team with a solid #1 LD and the issue is chemistry.
Tell you what sherlock, you give me a better explanation than their head was not in the game at all.

Me and the whole rest of the world will be waiting on it.
Hell they got out hit like 40 something to 20 something by the end of the 2nd period. Come tell me there was "effort"

Just another one of your really bad takes.

Can't believe you sent an entire paragraph and still didn't answer the question. I asked you who on the team wasn't trying and you couldn't answer because you realize you got called out for not knowing what you're talking about.

"Yeah two guys who have been playing with each other for YEARS suddenly need to work on chemistry." This is gonna sound crazy but don't you think perhaps they could've just had a bad game? Maybe not every time somebody loses in sports it isn't because they "choked" or "didn't try" maybe the other team was better on that day. Maybe athletes are human beings like the rest of us that make mistakes. We lost the game because Letang made horrible mistakes and the Capitals scored on them. We didn't lose the game because they "didn't try hard enough". And once again how the hell would you know whether someone is trying or not? Please let me know who on the Penguins wasn't trying that game.

"Me and the whole rest of the world will be waiting on it." Who is "the rest of the world"? The other **** yinzers you hang out with who think they sound like they understand hockey by saying certain guys on the team "suck" or "aren't trying" without offering any evidence as to why? I bet you probably hang out with a bunch of yes men who tell you what you want to hear and agree with everything you say. That's probably why you make such stupid arguments on here

"Hell they got out hit like 40 something to 20 something by the end of the 2nd period. Come tell me there was "effort"" Maybe we got outhit because the Capitals are a bigger, more physical team than us and have goons like Tom Wilson out there. I'd love for you to fight an actual boxer and get your face knocked in so I can tell you that you "didn't try hard enough". I'd love for you to show how much "effort" you have by trying to hit someone much taller and heavier like Ovechkin, Wilson, Hathaway, or Dillon. Maybe they should focus on outscoring the other team rather than trying to outhit them. What a stupid argument.
claysbar a aimé ceci.
7 mars 2020 à 20 h 44
Banni
Winning does a lot of things including shutting mouths. Most of the P.K. stuff came out late and the whole Pascal Dupuis fiasco came out of nowhere so there is that. Any of us can pretend to be experts on knowing about 5% of the available facts but in the end, EVERYONE but the players/coaches/owners has any idea of what is going on.

yeah but chicago wasn't winning and everyone knew about PK for a long time. That didn't come out "late"
My point is to turn around and say something like "there is something there" is just wrong. There is no indication that's the case.
Which is why I dismissed it.
claysbar a aimé ceci.
7 mars 2020 à 20 h 45
Banni
Can't believe you sent an entire paragraph and still didn't answer the question. I asked you who on the team wasn't trying and you couldn't answer because you realize you got called out for not knowing what you're talking about.

"Yeah two guys who have been playing with each other for YEARS suddenly need to work on chemistry." This is gonna sound crazy but don't you think perhaps they could've just had a bad game? Maybe not every time somebody loses in sports it isn't because they "choked" or "didn't try" maybe the other team was better on that day. Maybe athletes are human beings like the rest of us that make mistakes. We lost the game because Letang made horrible mistakes and the Capitals scored on them. We didn't lose the game because they "didn't try hard enough". And once again how the hell would you know whether someone is trying or not? Please let me know who on the Penguins wasn't trying that game.

"Me and the whole rest of the world will be waiting on it." Who is "the rest of the world"? The other **** yinzers you hang out with who think they sound like they understand hockey by saying certain guys on the team "suck" or "aren't trying" without offering any evidence as to why? I bet you probably hang out with a bunch of yes men who tell you what you want to hear and agree with everything you say. That's probably why you make such stupid arguments on here

"Hell they got out hit like 40 something to 20 something by the end of the 2nd period. Come tell me there was "effort"" Maybe we got outhit because the Capitals are a bigger, more physical team than us and have goons like Tom Wilson out there. I'd love for you to fight an actual boxer and get your face knocked in so I can tell you that you "didn't try hard enough". I'd love for you to show how much "effort" you have by trying to hit someone much taller and heavier like Ovechkin, Wilson, Hathaway, or Dillon. Maybe they should focus on outscoring the other team rather than trying to outhit them. What a stupid argument.

did you not watch the game. It was pretty much a whole team effort....or lack there of.
7 mars 2020 à 20 h 53
claysbar
yeah but chicago wasn't winning and everyone knew about PK for a long time. That didn't come out "late"
My point is to turn around and say something like "there is something there" is just wrong. There is no indication that's the case.
Which is why I dismissed it.

I'm not saying I have "inside" info or anything like that but to trade a guy that seemed to work well with the team on multiple lines for a couple of "nobody's" , to me, says something. I at first thought it was all about clearing up cap space next year. I mean, worst case, ER gets about 1-1.5 and CS get 2-3. I, along with you, don't think either are a better player so why trade a guy who would make equal money and is a better player than either or both combined. I'm not trying to argue with you, we are both a little or more ticked that he is gone but we just disagree on the who/what/why.
7 mars 2020 à 20 h 59
claysbar

I'd love to see them sign Gudas. He's the Ulf, the Kaspy etc. He's the guy that you hate to play against but LOVE to see on the team.
7 mars 2020 à 21 h 1
Démarrer sujet
I'd love to see them sign Gudas. He's the Ulf, the Kaspy etc. He's the guy that you hate to play against but LOVE to see on the team.

IDK I remember Gudas looking pretty bad for the Flyers in 2018. As long as he can play defense and get the puck out of our zone I'm fine with it
8 mars 2020 à 12 h 29
Banni

IDK I remember Gudas looking pretty bad for the Flyers in 2018. As long as he can play defense and get the puck out of our zone I'm fine with it

On top of it Gudas is a guy who writes checks he can't cash because he's kind of on the smaller size especially for a defense man.
This team is soft. It puts them in a shell frequently. Then need to find bodies(plural) who are the aggressor and can take care of things but still play the game.
Someone who can set a tone for them. They don't have all kinds of holes in the roster to fill so for the ones they do have they got to make the most of them. I think that goes a long way for them. Especially in games where frankly they aren't putting the effort in.
They need a few guys with bit and fire instead of being soft and passive all the damn time.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage