Forums/Armchair-GM

DJOO for everyone who was clueless

Créé par: Capitalfail67
Équipe: 2019-20 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 5 mars 2020
Publié: 5 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Djoo “AHL PLAYER” said many of you on this site. This kid since joining the ducks has done nothing but prove everyone wrong. He looks amazing and is currently playing 23 plus minutes a night. Last game Ducks beat one of the WC best teams and Djoo played 26 minutes. This kid is a stud and I have no idk why Washington gave up on him so early. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn into Nate Schmidt 2.0 congrats Ducks on stealing him off the caps for a life time AHL KID
Transactions
WSH
DET
  1. Jensen, Nick
Détails additionnels:
We should have never signed him
WSH
  1. Niskanen, Matt
Détails additionnels:
Terrible trade considering how much better Nisk is over Gudas
WSH
ANA
  1. Pánik, Richard
Détails additionnels:
Stupid signing and hasn’t lived up to his hype of replacing Connolly.
WSH
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (WSH)
MTL
  1. Kovalchuk, Ilya
Détails additionnels:
Terrible fit
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WSH
Logo de ARI
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de VGK
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $72 644 295 $1 150 000 $632 500 $8 855 705 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
9 538 462 $9 538 462 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
6 700 000 $6 700 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
C
UFA - 4
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 635 000 $1 635 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 7
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance550 000 $$550K)
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
714 166 $714 166 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 mars 2020 à 20 h 18
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,613
I really love what I've seen of Djoos so far. He makes good plays and he's sound defensively. I think he's probably jumped ahead of Larsson, Mahura and Guhle on the left side. He makes me begin to wonder what first-class RhD's there are equivalent to Hampus Lindholm . . .
Capitalfail67 a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2020 à 20 h 20
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,628
Still cant believe he cleared the waivers (yes i know it was in october and everyone was set but still).

As a Habs fan, I would have claimed him in a heartbeat
5 mars 2020 à 20 h 22
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,963
Unfortunately lots of these moves triggered the domino effect, and that started with the Jensen trade/signing. That forced Niskanen to have to go. Keep in mind further that Niskanen's cap could have triggered more moves next year though.

Its hard to know on July 1st who will work and who wont. At the time Panik looked like a good signing. He clearly hasn't worked, but I dont think that makes it a "stupid signing" overall. He just hasn't lived up to what he should have been. Hopefully they can move him this offseason.

As for Kovalchuk... it's still early, and even if his fit doesn't make the most sense, he still immediately makes the team better. Looking at your roster here, though the back end might look a fair bit stronger, the bottom six is miserable. Even in your version here, somebody like Kovalchuk is needed at such an insignificant cap hit.
5 mars 2020 à 20 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Caps fan idk why
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,344
Quoting: pinslack
Still cant believe he cleared the waivers (yes i know it was in october and everyone was set but still).

As a Habs fan, I would have claimed him in a heartbeat

Quoting: OldNYIfan
I really love what I've seen of Djoos so far. He makes good plays and he's sound defensively. I think he's probably jumped ahead of Larsson, Mahura and Guhle on the left side. He makes me begin to wonder what first-class RhD's there are equivalent to Hampus Lindholm . . .

He’s exactly the type of player Washington desperately needs ( fast picking moving defenseman) and we traded him for a life time AHL player. Capitals coaching staff and GM lose another high end player for nothing. Stephenson was another player that we traded and got pennies on the dollar for.

It’s also laughable how many people on this site insulted Djoo by calling him an AHL player that couldn’t play in the NHL
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2020 à 20 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Wqrrior
Unfortunately lots of these moves triggered the domino effect, and that started with the Jensen trade/signing. That forced Niskanen to have to go. Keep in mind further that Niskanen's cap could have triggered more moves next year though.

Its hard to know on July 1st who will work and who wont. At the time Panik looked like a good signing. He clearly hasn't worked, but I dont think that makes it a "stupid signing" overall. He just hasn't lived up to what he should have been. Hopefully they can move him this offseason.

As for Kovalchuk... it's still early, and even if his fit doesn't make the most sense, he still immediately makes the team better. Looking at your roster here, though the back end might look a fair bit stronger, the bottom six is miserable. Even in your version here, somebody like Kovalchuk is needed at such an insignificant cap hit.

I guess my point in this post is that the capitals were fine and we didn’t to move anyone. We PAnik d haha and made some moves that ended up making us worse. Boyd or Stephenson were fine as 3rw
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2020 à 22 h 10
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,190
Djoos is real good but Caps LHD is set for a long time with Orlov, Alexeyev, Fehervary, and Siegs. Djoos screwed himself over with that contract. He would be playing otherwise. Caps got a very good player in return. Sprong has legit top 6 skill. Was a good trade for both teams.
5 mars 2020 à 22 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: ClockReads2113
Djoos is real good but Caps LHD is set for a long time with Orlov, Alexeyev, Fehervary, and Siegs. Djoos screwed himself over with that contract. He would be playing otherwise. Caps got a very good player in return. Sprong has legit top 6 skill. Was a good trade for both teams.

Djoo was able to play right side as well. He won a cup playing that side. He might actually be better than every player you named besides orlov
5 mars 2020 à 22 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,706
Tbf his stats were sub replacement level for the most part in WSH... Speaking of "not a fit"

Jensen was great in DET.... Not good in WSH, still better than Djoos was in WSH... Marginally

Nisk is on the downswing and signed for an extra year, as long as you don't overpay Gudas and that allows you to resign everyone you need, that's a W

Panik hasn't been bad from what I've heard in a defensive role, not that 20 goal Connelly role tho

Kovy has been improving his numbers slowly but surely since his brutal start in LA... Yes even in WSH
6 mars 2020 à 14 h 20
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 28
you really have a djoos fetish dont you

Alexeyev and Fehervary have a much higher upside than djoos. Anaheim traded for him because their entire top 4 is injured. I can almost guarentee you once they are healthy djoos will be back to the waiver wire or third pair at best.

Panik and Jensen signings were good for the time but who the **** knew hindsight is 20/20.

If we didn't trade Niskanen our cap crunch would probably be 10 times worse than it right now. It was a purely cap related move. It also didn't help that niskanen was coming off of his worst year defensively ever

Calling kovalchuk a bad fit is stupid considering since adding him our 3rd line has been one of the better lines on our team.

This team is good but the coaching is the major issue. I promise you if this team had the players you think we should have we would probably be in the same exact ****ing place we are right now
6 mars 2020 à 14 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Rayquaza649
you really have a djoos fetish dont you

Alexeyev and Fehervary have a much higher upside than djoos. Anaheim traded for him because their entire top 4 is injured. I can almost guarentee you once they are healthy djoos will be back to the waiver wire or third pair at best.

Panik and Jensen signings were good for the time but who the **** knew hindsight is 20/20.

If we didn't trade Niskanen our cap crunch would probably be 10 times worse than it right now. It was a purely cap related move. It also didn't help that niskanen was coming off of his worst year defensively ever

Calling kovalchuk a bad fit is stupid considering since adding him our 3rd line has been one of the better lines on our team.

This team is good but the coaching is the major issue. I promise you if this team had the players you think we should have we would probably be in the same exact ****ing place we are right now

Seem angry and imo Djoo is clearly the better player but those 2 probably have the higher potential. Pánik wasn’t needed when you could have just paid Connolly. Jensen deal was made bc of lemony success last year. No real point especially w his limited NHL time

Don’t exactly disagree with you but this team with those players is definitely better imo
6 mars 2020 à 14 h 53
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Seem angry and imo Djoo is clearly the better player but those 2 probably have the higher potential. Pánik wasn’t needed when you could have just paid Connolly. Jensen deal was made bc of lemony success last year. No real point especially w his limited NHL time

Don’t exactly disagree with you but this team with those players is definitely better imo

I'm a capfriendly user, did you expect me to not be angry? /s

Djoos may have more points, but he's also 25, compared to alexeyev and fehervary who are 20, which both have more upside and will probably be vital to the capitals future. Djoos was just the odd man out

Connolly wanted a whole million more than we gave panik. now imagine trying to keep both conno and nisky. not possible.

Jensen was solid in his DET season that we acquired him, and has been pretty bad this season. Good thing his contract is very low, probably gets flipped for a mid/late round pick depending on how the pospects improve.
7 mars 2020 à 10 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Caps fan idk why
I'm a capfriendly user, did you expect me to not be angry? /s

Djoos may have more points, but he's also 25, compared to alexeyev and fehervary who are 20, which both have more upside and will probably be vital to the capitals future. Djoos was just the odd man out

Connolly wanted a whole million more than we gave panik. now imagine trying to keep both conno and nisky. not possible.

Jensen was solid in his DET season that we acquired him, and has been pretty bad this season. Good thing his contract is very low, probably gets flipped for a mid/late round pick depending on how the pospects improve.

Djoo again last night 23 minutes +2. Atm Djoo is better. Tbh he would easily be this teams 2nd best LHD. Real shame they let him go for literally nothing. I believe since the ducks have played him 20+ minute or more they are undefeated.
7 mars 2020 à 11 h 20
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Djoo again last night 23 minutes +2. Atm Djoo is better. Tbh he would easily be this teams 2nd best LHD. Real shame they let him go for literally nothing. I believe since the ducks have played him 20+ minute or more they are undefeated.

+/- and TOI are not good ways to evaluate defensemen.

Once the ducks actual top 4 dmen come back djoos will probably be a 3rd pairing dman on their team if even that. The whole reason they traded for Djoos was because their whole entire top 4 is injured
7 mars 2020 à 11 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Caps fan idk why
+/- and TOI are not good ways to evaluate defensemen.

Once the ducks actual top 4 dmen come back djoos will probably be a 3rd pairing dman on their team if even that. The whole reason they traded for Djoos was because their whole entire top 4 is injured

Actually toi is a pretty solid way to evaluate a player. He’s playing top pairing numbers and based off his +/- you’d assume he’s playing very responsibly. Maybe his play would allow the Ducks to trade a D man for an area of need?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage