Forums/Armchair-GM

Complacency new coach

Créé par: Capitalfail67
Équipe: 2020-21 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 5 mars 2020
Publié: 5 mars 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Yeah his group is very good but they are also way to comfortable. Normally that’s a good thing but when you struggle to be motivated every night it becomes an issue. We just look unmotivated. For about 2 months the capitals have played 20minutes of good hockey per game. The effort isn’t there and nobody is holding anyone accountable. Capitals need some fresh blood and some solid leadership. IMO Tom Wilson is the type of guy I would want as my captain ( no offense to ovechkin) obviously people on this site who don’t watch him play or have a 2017 opinion on him won’t agree but the way I see it is he’s the only player night in and night out that’s gives 100%.

Penguin fans might remember this during the “disco dan” era. The capitals are doing this predictable stretch pass and it’s not having a great success rate. TR system isn’t working and he’s not really a great coach. Obviously this is my opinion but the capitals are so predictable from the stretch pass to the horrible power play.

Solution. Capitals start to improve from the Goalie out. Capitals defense is terrible. Today’s NHL you need a mix of mobile Defense and some grit. ORLOV believe it or not is one of the best zone entry dmen in the league. He makes some bone headed plays (also leads the nhl in self goals not officially but imo) but his game is beneficial to zone exits and zone entries
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
32 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
511 000 000 $
32 500 000 $
Transactions
WSH
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (WPG)
WSH
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (NSH)
WSH
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (TBL)
WSH
  1. Kadri, Nazem
  2. Timmins, Conor
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (COL)
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WSH
Logo de ARI
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de TBL
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de COL
Logo de WSH
Logo de NSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de VGK
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2286 500 000 $79 788 911 $419 749 $815 000 $6 711 089 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
9 538 462 $9 538 462 $
AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
9 200 000 $9 200 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
894 167 $894 167 $
AG, C
RFA - 4
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
C
UFA - 3
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
795 000 $795 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 2
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
791 667 $791 667 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DG/DD
RFA - 3
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
G
UFA - 1
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
G
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
RFA - 3
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
925 000 $925 000 $
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
5 mars 2020 à 16 h 48
twentyeighteen
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 495
I really think it's coaching (TR and his systems) but also room leadership. I think they really miss Batya and Nisky. BMGM got too cute when he traded for Jensen and Gudas to replace them. They are not half of Orpik and Niskanen in my opinion.
Capitalfail67 a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2020 à 17 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Caps fan idk why
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,353
Quoting: markykins1
I really think it's coaching (TR and his systems) but also room leadership. I think they really miss Batya and Nisky. BMGM got too cute when he traded for Jensen and Gudas to replace them. They are not half of Orpik and Niskanen in my opinion.

Yeah team defense is terrible and this team has literally no motivation. Leadership doesn’t exist atm and this coach has no balls. He’s out to lunch. We are doing this stretch passes that are so predictable and easy to defend. Sad to say they haven’t had the drive since winning the cup
5 mars 2020 à 19 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 875
The defensemen certainly have their flaws, but a big problem for the Caps defensively is that the forwards are unbelievably lazy on the back-check. Defensemen can't do much when they're outnumbered constantly.

Case in point, last night, the Flyers had a 5-2 on a slow developing rush. A 5-2. Unbelievable.

That and, Ovi reliving his "controller unplugged" moment on the Provorov goal last night.
Capitalfail67 a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2020 à 19 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: staytru20
The defensemen certainly have their flaws, but a big problem for the Caps defensively is that the forwards are unbelievably lazy on the back-check. Defensemen can't do much when they're outnumbered constantly.

Case in point, last night, the Flyers had a 5-2 on a slow developing rush. A 5-2. Unbelievable.

That and, Ovi reliving his "controller unplugged" moment on the Provorov goal last night.

Completely off topic. Did you notice Djoo numbers for the ducks? They just beat the best team in the western conference last night. Djoo was a +1 and played 25+minutes. How TF did we just trade this kid for Sprong and how did he not play over Jensen or Gudas. I really hate this team some days bc we make terrible decisions and give up on youth so fast
6 mars 2020 à 9 h 57
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 875
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Completely off topic. Did you notice Djoo numbers for the ducks? They just beat the best team in the western conference last night. Djoo was a +1 and played 25+minutes. How TF did we just trade this kid for Sprong and how did he not play over Jensen or Gudas. I really hate this team some days bc we make terrible decisions and give up on youth so fast

I think there were a couple factors to why we moved Djoos:

1. I think GMBM wanted to give him a shot to get NHL ice time. For better or for worse, the left side of the defense is pretty deep right now, both in the NHL and in the prospect pipeline.
2. Hershey was in pretty dire need of some offensive talent, and Sprong delivers that. Worse case is that Sprong pans out to be a fringe NHLer, but maybe we think we can get something out of him that Anaheim or Pittsburgh couldn't.
3. This is probably the most likely of scenarios: we didn't want to deal with re-signing him in the off-season this year. He got a pretty decent raise because of arbitration, and a qualifying offer would give him another raise, counting against the cap. Depending on who is on the NHL roster next season, he's still probably a 6-7D. I think we'd rather see what Fehervary or Alexeyev have there rather than Djoos.

There's also the piece where there's a lot less pressure to perform on a rebuilding team. He's getting a ton more ice time than he'd remotely get in DC in Anaheim, so he's going to be able to perform. I think the best example of this was Nick Jensen on the Red Wings versus on the Caps. There's just an ability to play with a bit less weight on your shoulders on a rebuilding squad, and Anaheim's system might just suit him better. I'm not sure Djoos fits in with the more physical style the Caps are trying to implement (sometimes too physical, like two straight games with 6+ minutes of PK in a row).

I liked Djoos in his time here, I think it's more or less an attempt to balance out the pipeline. Our organizational position of strength is LHD, and it was pretty clear that Fehervary passed Djoos on the depth chart this season. Our RW situation isn't that great in Hershey right now. Sprong came in as the leading RW scorer on the Bears, and AJF was the next highest RW (as noted on the AHL website) at 23 points in 58 games. The AHL is a high scoring league, so that's not great.
markykins1 a aimé ceci.
6 mars 2020 à 11 h 37
twentyeighteen
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 495

1. I think GMBM wanted to give him a shot to get NHL ice time. For better or for worse, the left side of the defense is pretty deep right now, both in the NHL and in the prospect pipeline.
2. Hershey was in pretty dire need of some offensive talent, and Sprong delivers that. Worse case is that Sprong pans out to be a fringe NHLer, but maybe we think we can get something out of him that Anaheim or Pittsburgh couldn't.
3. This is probably the most likely of scenarios: we didn't want to deal with re-signing him in the off-season this year. He got a pretty decent raise because of arbitration, and a qualifying offer would give him another raise, counting against the cap. Depending on who is on the NHL roster next season, he's still probably a 6-7D. I think we'd rather see what Fehervary or Alexeyev have there rather than Djoos.

There's also the piece where there's a lot less pressure to perform on a rebuilding team. He's getting a ton more ice time than he'd remotely get in DC in Anaheim, so he's going to be able to perform. I think the best example of this was Nick Jensen on the Red Wings versus on the Caps. There's just an ability to play with a bit less weight on your shoulders on a rebuilding squad, and Anaheim's system might just suit him better. I'm not sure Djoos fits in with the more physical style the Caps are trying to implement (sometimes too physical, like two straight games with 6+ minutes of PK in a row).

I liked Djoos in his time here, I think it's more or less an attempt to balance out the pipeline. Our organizational position of strength is LHD, and it was pretty clear that Fehervary passed Djoos on the depth chart this season. Our RW situation isn't that great in Hershey right now. Sprong came in as the leading RW scorer on the Bears, and AJF was the next highest RW (as noted on the AHL website) at 23 points in 58 games. The AHL is a high scoring league, so that's not great.

Also Hershey kinda sucks with Caps prospect development, meaning they don't seem to really care to help them as much as other AHL clubs. I wonder if BMGM was moving him out also so that the Bears had no choice but to play those who might be getting scratched too often.
6 mars 2020 à 11 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Caps fan idk why

Quoting: markykins1
Also Hershey kinda sucks with Caps prospect development, meaning they don't seem to really care to help them as much as other AHL clubs. I wonder if BMGM was moving him out also so that the Bears had no choice but to play those who might be getting scratched too often.

What was vrana highest point total in Hershey ? 36 points? He’s going to score 70 points in the nhl. I don’t pay attention to what the AHL numbers are as much as how good the actual player is. And Djoo didn’t get leaped frogged by anyone. He cost too much money...... if you wanna look at AHL Numbers his numbers where far superior to anyone on the bears right now

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage