Forums/Armchair-GM

Revisiting The Trade Deadline

Créé par: AnalyticsGeek
Équipe: 2019-20 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 29 févr. 2020
Publié: 29 févr. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I said this before the deadline & I’ll say it again. The Penguins should’ve traded for Sam Bennett instead of Conor Sheary. Bennett has way more skill & game changing talent. Even though he hasn’t found his scoring touch & has been put in a checking line role for Calgary, his playing style would’ve been a great fit for the Pens’ system. They also should’ve traded for a competent NHL defenseman who can move the puck, unlike JJ.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Bennett, Sam
12 550 000 $
Forbort, Derek
22 550 000 $
Transactions
PIT
    Sam Bennett
    CGY
      Dominik Kahun
      PIT
        Derek Forbort
        LAK
          2020 3rd Round Pick
          Enfoui
          Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de ANA
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          Logo de PIT
          TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
          2481 500 000 $75 849 125 $132 500 $982 500 $5 650 875 $
          Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
          Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
          5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
          AG, AD
          M-NTC
          UFA - 4
          8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
          C
          NMC
          UFA - 6
          Bennett, Sam
          2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
          1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
          C, AG
          UFA - 1
          9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
          C
          NMC
          UFA - 3
          3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
          AD, AG
          UFA - 3
          750 000 $750 000 $
          AD, AG
          UFA - 1
          700 000 $700 000 $
          AG, C
          UFA - 1
          5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
          AD
          NTC
          UFA - 4
          1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
          AG, AD
          UFA - 2
          750 000 $750 000 $
          C, AG
          UFA - 2
          3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
          AG, AD
          M-NTC
          UFA - 6
          Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
          4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
          DG
          M-NTC
          UFA - 4
          7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
          DD
          M-NTC, NMC
          UFA - 3
          3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
          G
          UFA - 1
          874 125 $874 125 $
          DG
          UFA - 1
          925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
          DD
          UFA - 2
          675 000 $675 000 $
          G
          UFA - 1
          Forbort, Derek
          2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
          5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
          DD
          M-NTC
          UFA - 1
          Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
          767 500 $767 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
          AD, C, AG
          UFA - 1
          2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
          AG, C
          UFA - 1
          3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
          DG
          UFA - 4
          3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
          AG, AD
          UFA - 1
          850 000 $850 000 $
          DG
          UFA - 1
          4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
          AG, AD
          UFA - 5
          2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
          C, AD
          UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
          • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
          29 févr. 2020 à 10 h 15
          Banni
          Rejoint: sept. 2019
          Mentions "j'aime": 1,636
          We_Want_The_Cup et mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
          29 févr. 2020 à 10 h 39
          Pop Pop
          Rejoint: févr. 2018
          Mentions "j'aime": 8,213
          I dont get giving up kahun for sheary and rod. Sheary i think theyre hoping his familiarity with sid and the team makes him more productive but rod is a bottom six guy that you can get a similiar guy off any team in the league.
          MajesticWalrus a aimé ceci.
          29 févr. 2020 à 10 h 48
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          Quoting: Jfstompers
          I dont get giving up kahun for sheary and rod. Sheary i think theyre hoping his familiarity with sid and the team makes him more productive but rod is a bottom six guy that you can get a similiar guy off any team in the league.

Pens writer Dejan Kovacevic apparently said that GM Rutherford got Kahun so that he could replicate the role Sheary played. So what did Rutherford do in the end? He went to get the actual Sheary.
          mhockey91 et MajesticWalrus a aimé ceci.
          29 févr. 2020 à 10 h 48
          Rejoint: juill. 2016
          Mentions "j'aime": 3,190
          Forbot is a puck mover?
          29 févr. 2020 à 11 h 43
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          Quoting: ClockReads2113
          Forbot is a puck mover?

He’s not a puck moving defenseman, but he is capable of moving the puck up the ice & getting out of his own zone unlike JJ.
          29 févr. 2020 à 13 h 33
          Rejoint: déc. 2017
          Mentions "j'aime": 581
          Quoting: MitchMarnerElite

Every move Rutherford's made I've liked except for the Kahun trade. My main concern is that we don't have anyone on this team who can go to the net except for Hornqvist so teams are just protecting the front of the net like the Islanders did in 2019. I don't know if Bennett would have helped with that but the speed game won't matter if you can't get high danger chances. I think the team will get much better once Dumo and Marino get back. Johnson and Letang shouldn't be playing together and the only reason they are is because of injuries. We've dominated the puck and shots we just need to get our transition game back and have the forward lines develop chemistry which hopefully will happen sooner rather than later
          29 févr. 2020 à 13 h 46
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          Quoting: Jesus
          Every move Rutherford's made I've liked except for the Kahun trade. My main concern is that we don't have anyone on this team who can go to the net except for Hornqvist so teams are just protecting the front of the net like the Islanders did in 2019. I don't know if Bennett would have helped with that but the speed game won't matter if you can't get high danger chances. I think the team will get much better once Dumo and Marino get back. Johnson and Letang shouldn't be playing together and the only reason they are is because of injuries. We've dominated the puck and shots we just need to get our transition game back and have the forward lines develop chemistry which hopefully will happen sooner rather than later

Bennett is not a big guy but he plays a fast hard game & is willing to go to the front of the net to cause havec. I agree, Dumoulin & Marino are both capable of moving the puck up the ice. That is JJ’s main weakness. It should help the transition game for sure.
          29 févr. 2020 à 17 h 37
          Banni
          Rejoint: juin 2018
          Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
          Quoting: Jesus

wait hold up? Do you mean this year or in years past? Like trading away cole and ruining a season. Trading a 1st for Reaves. Or how about signing Hunwick, or the JJ signing?
          I mean you like these ideas?

As far as this season them bringing in Sheary and putting him on the 1st line is a complete and total waste. All he does is get knocked down to the ice. He's worthless out there.

@MitchMarnerElite this is clearly better than what they did. But hell building a snow man of ice shavings to play the RW would have been a better decision than that BUF trade and bringing in slow as hell Marleau. All these SJS fans who are like....."he can skate"....wtf have you been watching. No wonder your team is a bottom feeder team. He's a statue and a pylon. I can't believe they gave up a 3rd to get him.
          29 févr. 2020 à 17 h 46
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          Quoting: pharrow
          wait hold up? Do you mean this year or in years past? Like trading away cole and ruining a season. Trading a 1st for Reaves. Or how about signing Hunwick, or the JJ signing?

As far as this season them bringing in Sheary and putting him on the 1st line is a complete and total waste. All he does is get knocked down to the ice. He's worthless out there.

@MitchMarnerElite this is clearly better than what they did. But hell building a snow man of ice shavings to play the RW would have been a better decision than that BUF trade and bringing in slow as hell Marleau. All these SJS fans who are like....."he can skate"....wtf have you been watching. No wonder your team is a bottom feeder team. He's a statue and a pylon. I can't believe they gave up a 3rd to get him.

Yes I agree. Haven’t been impressed by Sheary honestly. He gets a lot of offensive zone time & scoring chances but can’t score any actual goals. Although I don’t mind bringing in Marleau. They just should’ve given up a 7th instead of a 3rd. He’s been an impressive player throughout his career & deserves a chance to win the cup. It’s unfortunate he won’t do it here because of the front office’s big ego.
          29 févr. 2020 à 17 h 46
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni

Yes I agree. Haven’t been impressed by Sheary honestly. He gets a lot of offensive zone time & scoring chances but can’t score any actual goals. Although I don’t mind bringing in Marleau. They just should’ve given up a 7th instead of a 3rd. He’s been an impressive player throughout his career & deserves a chance to win the cup. It’s unfortunate he won’t do it here because of the front office’s big ego.
          29 févr. 2020 à 17 h 47
          Rejoint: déc. 2017
          Mentions "j'aime": 581

I'm talking about from the Mccann trade onward
          29 févr. 2020 à 17 h 51
          Banni

Sheary sucks. They knew that going in. No one forgot how he didn't need to be here. He's only here because he's Sullivans son in law, his contract ends and will need to be signed to a new multi year multimillion deal. That you can sure as hell be they will sign him to. Daddy Sully will keep putting him on the 1st line till Crosby carries him on his back the whole way again.
          I swear to god, this team signs him in the offseason and I'm becoming a caps fan!
          29 févr. 2020 à 18 h 14
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          Sheary sucks. They knew that going in. No one forgot how he didn't need to be here. He's only here because he's Sullivans son in law, his contract ends and will need to be signed to a new multi year multimillion deal. That you can sure as hell be they will sign him to. Daddy Sully will keep putting him on the 1st line till Crosby carries him on his back the whole way again.
          I swear to god, this team signs him in the offseason and I'm becoming a caps fan!

I understand your hatred for Sheary man. He really does stink. He reminds me of Mitch Marner, all finesse & no scoring. Sheary is actually Sully’s nephew in law, but same meaning. I do think that the Penguins are gonna resign him in the off-season. He’s a borderline ECHL player to be honest & won’t get a deal anywhere else. You have no idea how ticked off I was when I found out the Pens traded Kahun for him. I wanted to change into a full time Leafs fan.
          29 févr. 2020 à 19 h 45
          Banni
          I understand your hatred for Sheary man. He really does stink. He reminds me of Mitch Marner, all finesse & no scoring. Sheary is actually Sully’s nephew in law, but same meaning. I do think that the Penguins are gonna resign him in the off-season. He’s a borderline ECHL player to be honest & won’t get a deal anywhere else. You have no idea how ticked off I was when I found out the Pens traded Kahun for him. I wanted to change into a full time Leafs fan.

it's not just about Sheary. It's the constant disrespect they have for fans in doing this. We know why JJ ended up on this team and fans are told to just deal with it. We know why Sheary ended up back here and when they resign him when he has no business here we know why.
          I as a fan am not ok with that. You don't want to give the team it's best chance to win because you want to play this game ok, we'll stop watching.
          29 févr. 2020 à 20 h 39
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni
          it's not just about Sheary. It's the constant disrespect they have for fans in doing this. We know why JJ ended up on this team and fans are told to just deal with it. We know why Sheary ended up back here and when they resign him when he has no business here we know why.
          I as a fan am not ok with that. You don't want to give the team it's best chance to win because you want to play this game ok, we'll stop watching.

Yep I agree. I think the arrogance & ego of the Pens front office & leadership group is finally catching up to them. They want to bring in the players who they like & not what actually helps the team. It’s no surprise they’ve lost 5 straight. They deserve this result to be honest.
          4 mars 2020 à 0 h 22
          Rejoint: juin 2019
          Mentions "j'aime": 43

Sorry. Hadn't been on while I was absorbing that tough stretch... I think Rutherford and his choices are too early to tell. Ideally, the Pens need to at least get the 2 seed in the division again. That would be a small win. Then they need to have at least 6 playoff wins for these trades to be viewed as successful. Sheary and Rodrigues can go unless they fit in extremely well and want to stay on team friendly deals.

No issue with Marleau, although i hope he isn't playing 2nd line minutes in the playoffs.

The D is perfectly fine now as long as they stay healthy. Dumoulin and Marino in particular, as they just play smart and with confidence. Letang loses his cool too often, that is why they were able to get by without him in 2017. He is a risk/reward player.
          4 mars 2020 à 8 h 44
          IgorKutchakokov
          Rejoint: mars 2016
          Mentions "j'aime": 61
          Quoting: Nights_King93
          Sorry. Hadn't been on while I was absorbing that tough stretch... I think Rutherford and his choices are too early to tell. Ideally, the Pens need to at least get the 2 seed in the division again. That would be a small win. Then they need to have at least 6 playoff wins for these trades to be viewed as successful. Sheary and Rodrigues can go unless they fit in extremely well and want to stay on team friendly deals.

No issue with Marleau, although i hope he isn't playing 2nd line minutes in the playoffs.

The D is perfectly fine now as long as they stay healthy. Dumoulin and Marino in particular, as they just play smart and with confidence. Letang loses his cool too often, that is why they were able to get by without him in 2017. He is a risk/reward player.

I don't usually like revisiting the deadline, as you never know what guys were actually available. Don't know much about Forbort, and Bennett is barely cracking the lineup on an average team. I think Kahun is way overvalued. Top-6 on a bad team I'll agree with that (Pens unlikely to re-sign him anyway which is why I believe he was dealt). Sheary opens up a lot of balanced line combinations and has chemistry with Sid. Rodrigues is a solid bottom-6 add and likely a necessary 4th line guy - Since Blueger is god awful at taking faceoffs. Defense should be in great shape now that JJ and Schultz can play third pairing minutes (and JJ good on the PK). The only scary part is if any of our top-4 defensemen get injured in the playoffs, we could fall apart pretty quickly.
          Nights_King93 a aimé ceci.
          4 mars 2020 à 11 h 10
          Quoting: IgorKutchakokov
          The only scary part is if any of our top-4 defensemen get injured in the playoffs, we could fall apart pretty quickly.

I think this could be said of any team. If Boston loses Krug or Mcavoy that D room becomes much different. Same with Tampa and Hedman, Sergachev, etc. Washington loses Carlson they are likely done, even if it would be just one round.

Pens have better d depth than most. CR has played a lot on teams that won cups. I personally still like Riikola.

Other than that, I think we are essentially in agreement on every other issue.
          IgorKutchakokov a aimé ceci.
          4 mars 2020 à 12 h 22
          IgorKutchakokov
          Rejoint: mars 2016
          Mentions "j'aime": 61
          I think this could be said of any team. If Boston loses Krug or Mcavoy that D room becomes much different. Same with Tampa and Hedman, Sergachev, etc. Washington loses Carlson they are likely done, even if it would be just one round.

Pens have better d depth than most. CR has played a lot on teams that won cups. I personally still like Riikola.

Other than that, I think we are essentially in agreement on every other issue.

That's fair. They do have a lot of depth there, but the constant impulse to move Johnson up is a concern should the Pens face that scenario. Riikola has more than held his own this year, but Sullivan just doesn't like the guy.
          Nights_King93 a aimé ceci.
          4 mars 2020 à 12 h 56
          That's fair. They do have a lot of depth there, but the constant impulse to move Johnson up is a concern should the Pens face that scenario. Riikola has more than held his own this year, but Sullivan just doesn't like the guy.

That is my primary concern as well.. Moving JJ up. I think he needs tethered to that bottom pairing and PK role unless more than 2 guys go down. Bump up Schultz. Marino can flip sides if needed. If two LDs go down I'd rather Riikola get top 4 minutes with a guy like Marino. But you are right, I don't see Sully doing that since he just played JJ with Letang for three weeks.
          4 mars 2020 à 22 h 5
          Démarrer sujet
          Banni

That is my primary concern as well.. Moving JJ up. I think he needs tethered to that bottom pairing and PK role unless more than 2 guys go down. Bump up Schultz. Marino can flip sides if needed. If two LDs go down I'd rather Riikola get top 4 minutes with a guy like Marino. But you are right, I don't see Sully doing that since he just played JJ with Letang for three weeks.

Moving up JJ is just gonna kill the team. He is just such a bad fit for this system I have no idea why Sully keeps playing him over Riikola. He is simply not giving the team the best chance to win in this regard. I’m not really that confident in bumping Schultz to an elevated role if there are injuries. He seemed really inconsistent. Showed flashes of his old self like vs LA, but the last 3 games he’s been poor again.
          IgorKutchakokov a aimé ceci.

Répondre
          To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
          Question:
          Options:
          Ajouter une option
          Soumettre le sondage