SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

LEAFS DEFENCE PROVING WORTH

27 févr. 2020 à 21 h 45
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
The Leafs used 7 defenceman including 6 former Marlies defenceman in Dermott, Holl, Sandin, Marincin, Liljegren and Rosen in win tonight. Interested in your thoughts on what will be the Leafs defenceman roster if Rielly, Muzzen and Ceci return from injury.
27 févr. 2020 à 21 h 51
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
You can't assume that there aren't more injuries. Look like Reilly then Muzzin will be first returnees. Rosen and Marincin I would think are the first cuts. Maybe a 7 man rotation might be the best way to go. Keeps everyone fresh. Maybe even 7 Dmen are playing in each game.
TMLSage a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2020 à 21 h 53
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
Dermott and Barrie looked good tonight. I think Marincin looked the worst of the 7 D.
TMLSage et Trickster a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2020 à 21 h 57
Kings v5 GM
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,625
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
Dermott and Barrie looked good tonight. I think Marincin looked the worst of the 7 D.

He looked way better then liljegren
27 févr. 2020 à 22 h 33
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: Jack_
He looked way better then liljegren

lijle only played in the first period
27 févr. 2020 à 23 h 33
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,555
I just remember how we would joke that the Marlies could beat an nhl team...

Well their dcore just ****ing did 😂

Also a ton of their forwards if you want to count willy,kappy, engval, goat, and Hyman
TMLSage et Trickster a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2020 à 23 h 41
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: mondo

That's because he wasnt good. He hasn't been good in the nhl
27 févr. 2020 à 23 h 41
Démarrer sujet
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Random2152
I just remember how we would joke that the Marlies could beat an nhl team...

Well their dcore just ****ing did 😂

Also a ton of their forwards if you want to count willy,kappy, engval, goat, and Hyman

How about their coach in Sheldon Keefe as well.
Random2152 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2020 à 23 h 49
Démarrer sujet
GM - Canucks
Quoting: mondo

That's because he wasnt good. He hasn't been good in the nhl

No, he actually has been okay for a rookie defenceman in the NHL. It might be that he was playing hurt and that may explain why the Leafs dressed 7 defenceman tonight which is what @palhal very astutely mentioned the possibility in the first response to this post tonight.

Interested in whether @jamiepo also thinks one of the 7 dressed Maple Leafs may have had some sort of minor injury which is the reason the Leafs dressed 7 defenceman.
27 févr. 2020 à 23 h 57
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Sell Rielly and Muzzin already for some Top LWs, TML are set for the Cup this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And three next ones too......

*sigh* homers pumping chests after beating the Team that just tanked the Season and playing same hot-cold stuff as TML are.........
28 févr. 2020 à 0 h 8
Démarrer sujet
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Laudan
Sell Rielly and Muzzin already for some Top LWs, TML are set for the Cup this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And three next ones too......

*sigh* homers pumping chests after beating the Team that just tanked the Season and playing same hot-cold stuff as TML are.........

@Laudan you sound like you are nolonger a beleafer?
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2020 à 1 h 34
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: TMLSage
No, he actually has been okay for a rookie defenceman in the NHL. It might be that he was playing hurt and that may explain why the Leafs dressed 7 defenceman tonight which is what @palhal very astutely mentioned the possibility in the first response to this post tonight.

Interested in whether @jamiepo also thinks one of the 7 dressed Maple Leafs may have had some sort of minor injury which is the reason the Leafs dressed 7 defenceman.

No injuries, I believe anyway. Just managing minutes. Personally I like lilly’s Play. Think he will develop into a good top 4 2way Dman.
TMLSage a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2020 à 1 h 42
Démarrer sujet
GM - Canucks
Quoting: Jamiepo
No injuries, I believe anyway. Just managing minutes. Personally I like lilly’s Play. Think he will develop into a good top 4 2way Dman.

Totally agree and especially if Sheldon Keefe is his coach and managing his minutes as Keefe has a special talent in fully developing hockey players to be the best that they can be given their skill set.
GenXHockey et palhal a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2020 à 6 h 5
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Totally agree and especially if Sheldon Keefe is his coach and managing his minutes as Keefe has a special talent in fully developing hockey players to be the best that they can be given their skill set.

Actually I often thought, dressing seven healthy Dmen might be more beneficial than the 12th forward. Injuries happen during the game, and in the Leafs case, you can figure who is playing the best and then limit the minutes to that 7th Dman. Leafs still have to figure who is playing the 3rd RHD after Holl and Barrie. Marincin looked good tonight. I've always thought Marincin was OK...he just needed some steady time on the ice. Sitting a player for weeks on end and then expecting him to NHL good doesn't work IMO.

Now that Kapanen has taken over the role as the Leaf goon, smile the Leafs are down to 10 available forwards.
28 févr. 2020 à 10 h 3
Kings v5 GM

I love them dressing 7 defenseman even when they are fully healthy. Ideally its marincin that dresses because of how good he is defensively. I dont think gauthier really brings much of anything that cant be replaced. In the playoffs I would much rather have AM,JT,WN,MM split those 6 minutes. Hes a fine 4th line centre but hes such a low event player. That's fine and everything but our pk is horrendous. Ideally you only really want muzzin, holl, marincin and for the last spot dermott is the best out of ceci and liljegren. I dont trust rielly or barrie out there and I would rather save sandin.
Dressing 7 d allows them to take so much pressure off their offensive guys and if there is an injury on d then it wont be as big of an issue
palhal, oneX et TMLSage a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2020 à 10 h 47
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: Laudan

I think you can give the team credit for A) coming from behind to win the game and B) defending a lead with a noticeably weaker d corp.
28 févr. 2020 à 13 h 2
Démarrer sujet
GM - Canucks
Modifié 28 févr. 2020 à 18 h 46
Quoting: palhal
Actually I often thought, dressing seven healthy Dmen might be more beneficial than the 12th forward. Injuries happen during the game, and in the Leafs case, you can figure who is playing the best and then limit the minutes to that 7th Dman. Leafs still have to figure who is playing the 3rd RHD after Holl and Barrie. Marincin looked good tonight. I've always thought Marincin was OK...he just needed some steady time on the ice. Sitting a player for weeks on end and then expecting him to NHL good doesn't work IMO.

Now that Kapanen has taken over the role as the Leaf goon, smile the Leafs are down to 10 available forwards.

I wonder if Kapanen is learning a little from Clifford on how to be a real hard player to play against to solidify his position on team as a difference maker. Had another solid game and scored again so he is showing signs of becomming a force and a player the Leafs would be crazy to trade.
palhal a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2020 à 18 h 32
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I wonder if Kapanen is learning a little from Clifford on how to be a real hard player to play against to solidify his position on team as a difference maker. Had another solid game and score again so he is showing signs of becomming a force and a player the Leafs would be crazy to trade.

In the third period, believe it was Hoffman stabbed at Anderson's glove after the puck was covered. Five Leafs converged on Hoffman and the Panthers in the corner. That might be a first for this season.
TMLSage et oneX a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2020 à 19 h 5
Démarrer sujet
GM - Canucks
Modifié 28 févr. 2020 à 19 h 22
Quoting: palhal
In the third period, believe it was Hoffman stabbed at Anderson's glove after the puck was covered. Five Leafs converged on Hoffman and the Panthers in the corner. That might be a first for this season.

I actually think Dermott can be a real game changer for the Leafs if he can step up and show that he too can be a really good shut down defenceman for the rest of the season with the injuries to Rielly, Muzzen and Ceci. This is his time to shine for the Leafs and if he can, it will really change everything on how Dubas views the team's defence and any moves the Leafs make in the offseason.
palhal a aimé ceci.
29 févr. 2020 à 2 h 25
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
I love them dressing 7 defenseman even when they are fully healthy. Ideally its marincin that dresses because of how good he is defensively. I dont think gauthier really brings much of anything that cant be replaced. In the playoffs I would much rather have AM,JT,WN,MM split those 6 minutes. Hes a fine 4th line centre but hes such a low event player. That's fine and everything but our pk is horrendous. Ideally you only really want muzzin, holl, marincin and for the last spot dermott is the best out of ceci and liljegren. I dont trust rielly or barrie out there and I would rather save sandin.
Dressing 7 d allows them to take so much pressure off their offensive guys and if there is an injury on d then it wont be as big of an issue

You might be onto something with the 7 D idea for the rest of the season and including the playoffs. Ultimately tho, the forwards need play like they played vs Tampa and Florida. Anything less and it will be back to odd man rushes and high quality chances for the opposing team.
Jack_ a aimé ceci.
29 févr. 2020 à 15 h 11
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
I like Rosen, want him to stay on Leafs roster for the remainder of the year.
oneX a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2020 à 9 h 0
Mentions "j'aime": 4
I actually think Dermott can be a real game changer for the Leafs if he can step up and show that he too can be a really good shut down defenceman for the rest of the season with the injuries to Rielly, Muzzen and Ceci. This is his time to shine for the Leafs and if he can, it will really change everything on how Dubas views the team's defence and any moves the Leafs make in the offseason.

I like Dermott. A lot. For the playoffs asking him to being in the top 4 right now is too much. He also cannot play with Ceci on the third pairing either. Ceci and Dermott at this time cannot carry a pairing. Basiclly they both need someone to play with. Dermott should be better next year while Ceci looks at his ceiling now. This is why I cannot figure out why they did not trade Ceci 5th 6th 7th for Hainsey. He could of helped out while people got healthy and then dropped back to the third paring with dermott .

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage