Forums/Armchair-GM

The NHL owes Detroit draft luck

Créé par: butterbean91
Équipe: 2020-21 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 25 févr. 2020
Publié: 25 févr. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
3 straight years of falling 2 spots in the draft for some reason. While NJ wins it twice. Chicago and NYR somehow jump up to #2/#3. The NHL should be forced to televise the balls dropping.

Cant be any worse than this year, hopefully some of these kids step up to the plate. Abby gets sent to Robidas Island with Seabrook, Hossa, Clarkson, Zetterberg, etc maybe he gets a rash from his equipment or hurts his back, either way take one for the team that's the least he could do. Useless waste of a roster spot.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
55 900 000 $
22 000 000 $
23 500 000 $
56 500 000 $
22 000 000 $
11 500 000 $
21 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
35 000 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Lafrienere, Alexis
3925 000 $
Transactions
DET
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (WPG)
WPG
  1. Helm, Darren
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
Winnipeg wants to move up in draft, Detroit makes them take Helm home.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de WSH
Logo de WPG
Logo de DET
Logo de SJS
Logo de EDM
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de EDM
Logo de DET
Logo de VGK
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 000 000 $60 269 166 $0 $2 202 500 $22 730 834 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
Lafrienere, Alexis
925 000 $925 000 $
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
C
RFA - 3
5 900 000 $5 900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, C
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
714 166 $714 166 $ (Bonis de performance157 500 $$158K)
DD
RFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 6
894 166 $894 166 $
DG
RFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DD
RFA - 4
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
775 833 $775 833 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
6 083 333 $6 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 févr. 2020 à 15 h 50
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,805
No they owe the Kings draft luck
25 févr. 2020 à 15 h 52
Canes Baby
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,250
Quoting: Bf3351

Yes, the best prospect pool definitely needs draft luck
aedoran a aimé ceci.
25 févr. 2020 à 15 h 56
Banni
Quoting: jslongo
Yes, the best prospect pool definitely needs draft luck

Ding ding ding!

It’s not about what we already have it’s the fact that even when the Kings are one of the worst teams in the league they rarely get a lottery pick. Meanwhile they give it to teams that already got two in a row like EDM and a team like NJD who got 2 in 3 years... Detroit has been a great team for years and years until the last 5 years or so. I hope there pick is outside the lottery lol
25 févr. 2020 à 15 h 58
bigZ
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 311
Dont think the NHL owes any team anything lol. How would you feel if you were a mediocre team and all of a sudden the NHL was helping a team lower than you with the draft to get better picks? Isnt exactly the most fair thing in the world ya know. I think Detroit has had a dynasty long enough that they can handle a couple years of the basement.
DakotaMermis4Norris et aedoran a aimé ceci.
25 févr. 2020 à 16 h 10
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,734
Yall r gonna be pissed when the Blackhawks win the number one overall.
25 févr. 2020 à 16 h 15
25th coming up
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 268
The 1st is owed to MTL, the story would be too good.
Plus, MTL could turn it around more quickly - with the Metropolitan looking strong and Florida's promising future - TOR could be permanently locked out of the playoffs for the foreseeable future. Then, everything would be as it should be in the NHL.
25 févr. 2020 à 16 h 57
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
Yall r gonna be pissed when the Blackhawks win the number one overall.

Quoting: bigZ98
Dont think the NHL owes any team anything lol. How would you feel if you were a mediocre team and all of a sudden the NHL was helping a team lower than you with the draft to get better picks? Isnt exactly the most fair thing in the world ya know. I think Detroit has had a dynasty long enough that they can handle a couple years of the basement.

As far as I'm concerned the red wings are so bad they should be excluded from the lottery lol. I'm very anti tanking - I think the lottery is fantastic. Teams should not be rewarded for being bad in my opinion.

I think it's incredibly unlucky for some teams and incredibly lucky for others, but thats how a random system works.

I firmly believe that there should be a threshold teams must hit to be lottery eligible (maybe 50 points). I understand people complain this will make bad teams worse, but I also believe it will make teams like detroit make changes so they aren't a laughing stock. This is just my opinion and I think it would be cool. If you look at colorado, they had 48 points, drafted mackinnon and got 98 the next year. Don't tell me they were one mackinnon away from 50 more points per season lol. There were many things that couldve been done to get them the extra 2 points.

Moral of the story, I want to see a team that plays hard win the lottery with some good fortune rather than a team lose 8 straight to end the season.

I was pissed the rangers moved up behind us, but that's cause theyre the rangers. All for the lottery.
25 févr. 2020 à 17 h 14
Banni
Quoting: Hischier4Captain
As far as I'm concerned the red wings are so bad they should be excluded from the lottery lol. I'm very anti tanking - I think the lottery is fantastic. Teams should not be rewarded for being bad in my opinion.

I think it's incredibly unlucky for some teams and incredibly lucky for others, but thats how a random system works.

I firmly believe that there should be a threshold teams must hit to be lottery eligible (maybe 50 points). I understand people complain this will make bad teams worse, but I also believe it will make teams like detroit make changes so they aren't a laughing stock. This is just my opinion and I think it would be cool. If you look at colorado, they had 48 points, drafted mackinnon and got 98 the next year. Don't tell me they were one mackinnon away from 50 more points per season lol. There were many things that couldve been done to get them the extra 2 points.

Moral of the story, I want to see a team that plays hard win the lottery with some good fortune rather than a team lose 8 straight to end the season.

I was pissed the rangers moved up behind us, but that's cause theyre the rangers. All for the lottery.

I think that a rule should be put in where a team can only have 1 first overall pick in 3 years and can only have two lottery picks in 3 years example (1st and 3rd overall. Or 3 lottery picks in 4 years(2nds and 3rds)

I’m sure i made that sounds really confusing. I apologize I’m paying for an oil change lol
DakotaMermis4Norris a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2020 à 1 h 13
StevieY19!!
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 689
I think that a rule should be put in where a team can only have 1 first overall pick in 3 years and can only have two lottery picks in 3 years example (1st and 3rd overall. Or 3 lottery picks in 4 years(2nds and 3rds)

I’m sure i made that sounds really confusing. I apologize I’m paying for an oil change lol

I read someone's suggestion that was kind of intriguing. So a team can basically say f!@# it we are done for the year forfeit their playoff hopes and then every win after that gives them a better chance at getting a better pick. Or they suggested the same thing, but the wins collect towards the next season's draft. I cannot remember exactly what they said but I liked it and this is coming from a Red Wings fan lol. Only side effect of this is that it could potentially make the trade deadline a hell of a lot more difficult with pretty much making every team buyers.
26 févr. 2020 à 11 h 47

Quoting: AnyoneButTheBruins
I read someone's suggestion that was kind of intriguing. So a team can basically say f!@# it we are done for the year forfeit their playoff hopes and then every win after that gives them a better chance at getting a better pick. Or they suggested the same thing, but the wins collect towards the next season's draft. I cannot remember exactly what they said but I liked it and this is coming from a Red Wings fan lol. Only side effect of this is that it could potentially make the trade deadline a hell of a lot more difficult with pretty much making every team buyers.

haha i think those are both interesting. glad were all aligned you shouldnt be rewarded for tanking lol
ZiggyPalffy a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2020 à 19 h 23
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,898

This is by far the most ignorant thing I've see posted on this site and if you really think it is true then you really don't have a clue. First there isn't a player in the league that would actually tank on purpose. This season will be the 4th straight season Detroit has missed the playoffs. Detroit traded Nyquist(49) and Jensen(15) at the 2019 TDL and Vanek(36) and Kronwall(27) both retired in the off season. Nyquist was 3rd in points and Vanek was 6th in points for Detroit last season. Losing two defensemen that played top 4 minutes but Kronwall was also Detroit's best defenseman and he finished 8th in points. They added Filppula(21), Erne(4), Nemeth(9) and they did get Bowey(16) in the Jenson trade but Jensen is far better defensively. So it's not that hard to see that they have far less talent this season compared to last season. Detroit already down two starting defenseman they had to deal with injuries. The four starting defensemen from the previous season and the games they've played this season Ericsson 13 games, Daley 38 games, DeKeyser 8 games and Green 48 games. Coming into this season just about every hockey analyst said Detroit was going to be bad this season and worse than last season.

Something I'd like to point out. In the 2016-17 season NJD had the 1st pick (Nico Hischier). Then in 2017-18 a trip to the playoffs and in 2018-19 NJD has the 1st pick again (Jack Hughes). While I do find it very hard to believe an NHL team would really tank on purpose. NJD over the last couple of seasons looks a lot more like a team that tanked.
AnyoneButTheBruins a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2020 à 19 h 56
Quoting: bigZ98

I agree the NHL doesn't owe any team. Most of the time a when a team gets into that mediocre rut it's from poor player management, bad picks and bad signings that got them there. Or thinking you can speed up a rebuild by singing big name UFAs or trading multiple assets for 1 established player. Can you really call 4 cups in 11 seasons a dynasty? If you are referring to the 25 season playoff streak that is why Detroit is so bad now 25 years of buying at the TDL completely decimated their prospect pool. Since 1997 Detroit didn't have a 1st round pick in 9 of those seasons. Chicago had 3 cups in 6 seasons and Pittsburgh had 3 cups in 9 season plus they are the only team to go back to back is the salary cap era. As a Wings fan 4 years in the basement is enough for me but I also know Detroit isn't close to a playoff team.
bigZ98 et DakotaMermis4Norris a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2020 à 23 h 38
Quoting: aedoran
This is by far the most ignorant thing I've see posted on this site and if you really think it is true then you really don't have a clue. First there isn't a player in the league that would actually tank on purpose. This season will be the 4th straight season Detroit has missed the playoffs. Detroit traded Nyquist(49) and Jensen(15) at the 2019 TDL and Vanek(36) and Kronwall(27) both retired in the off season. Nyquist was 3rd in points and Vanek was 6th in points for Detroit last season. Losing two defensemen that played top 4 minutes but Kronwall was also Detroit's best defenseman and he finished 8th in points. They added Filppula(21), Erne(4), Nemeth(9) and they did get Bowey(16) in the Jenson trade but Jensen is far better defensively. So it's not that hard to see that they have far less talent this season compared to last season. Detroit already down two starting defenseman they had to deal with injuries. The four starting defensemen from the previous season and the games they've played this season Ericsson 13 games, Daley 38 games, DeKeyser 8 games and Green 48 games. Coming into this season just about every hockey analyst said Detroit was going to be bad this season and worse than last season.

Something I'd like to point out. In the 2016-17 season NJD had the 1st pick (Nico Hischier). Then in 2017-18 a trip to the playoffs and in 2018-19 NJD has the 1st pick again (Jack Hughes). While I do find it very hard to believe an NHL team would really tank on purpose. NJD over the last couple of seasons looks a lot more like a team that tanked.

1) relax lol
2) my point is the gm can step in and make a move to help the team a little bit to close the gap towards everyone else and create more parity. My whole point is there could be a threshold, maybe they sign a ufa to help, or implement a better system and coach. I proposed 50 points, how many teams havent been able to muster 50 points in 82 games? very few. Were talking about 1 -3 more wins at most in those cases, that goes a long way in parity
3) I don't think the devils tanked, I think they were very lucky and ultimately won the lottery when they werent the last place team - they were never in position to come close to not hitting a 50 point threshold. in addition the reason they were so bad is they had historically bad goaltending, i mean the guy couldnt win a game for 365 days. and with that, they still had 20+ more points than 50. so frankly you couldnt be more wrong in the comparison

edit: and i get the counter point that you are in a bad spot and dont want to spend assets to prolonge the bad times, but there are ways to achieve a level of quality on the ice that produces just 50 points that dont require completely decimating your existing assets. thats my only point, im not saying 70 points or 80, im saying 50, which is not exactly common. Thats all. Its an opinion and its certainly not ignorant. I look at it not to punish the players but to force the gm to help them.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2020 à 15 h 59
1) relax lol
2) my point is the gm can step in and make a move to help the team a little bit to close the gap towards everyone else and create more parity. My whole point is there could be a threshold, maybe they sign a ufa to help, or implement a better system and coach. I proposed 50 points, how many teams havent been able to muster 50 points in 82 games? very few. Were talking about 1 -3 more wins at most in those cases, that goes a long way in parity
3) I don't think the devils tanked, I think they were very lucky and ultimately won the lottery when they werent the last place team - they were never in position to come close to not hitting a 50 point threshold. in addition the reason they were so bad is they had historically bad goaltending, i mean the guy couldnt win a game for 365 days. and with that, they still had 20+ more points than 50. so frankly you couldnt be more wrong in the comparison

edit: and i get the counter point that you are in a bad spot and dont want to spend assets to prolonge the bad times, but there are ways to achieve a level of quality on the ice that produces just 50 points that dont require completely decimating your existing assets. thats my only point, im not saying 70 points or 80, im saying 50, which is not exactly common. Thats all. Its an opinion and its certainly not ignorant. I look at it not to punish the players but to force the gm to help them.

Yzerman did make 3 trades during the season so he didn't have to bring up prospects too early. First he traded Pope for Biega now I'm not saying Pope is anything special he may never make it out of the AHL but a 25yr old winger over a 30 bottom pair defenseman who most likely won't be signed in Detroit. Then he traded Regula for Perlini so far Perlini 37 games 1 goal and 4 points and he is awful Regula was taken at the beginning of the 3rd round in a deep draft I still think he could be a solid defenseman and at 67th overall won't be that far behind the two 2nds we got for AA. Now the Fabbri trade worked out ok but that was because STL had injuries and they wanted DLR because he is solid defensively. Saarijarvi he was totally expendable maybe a fresh start does him good but he is still just an AHL player to small with out the speed or skill that make smaller players successful in the NHL. He was traded for Comire because Pickard was brought in to play for The Griffins because their top 2 goalies went back to Europe to play and Pickard has NO BUSINESS in The NHL. Why he waived Comire after 1 game is beyond me but he has played for 3 teams this season and back to the team he started with but Detroit is the only team that traded for him. You also have to look at what Detroit had to work with Abdelkader, Neilson, Ericsson and Daley all over paid with NTCs then you have Helm who is just overpaid. So the vets that most teams sell off during their rebuild were untradeable thank you Mr. Holland!! I think Holland is a good GM but the 1 thing Edmonton should watch out for is he overpays grinder/energy guys and hands out NTCs like they are Pez. I'm only bringing this up because he got pulled for the 6th time this season last night and still doesn't have a win since 10/29/2019. Howard has had a really rough year and part of it is the team in front of him. He has been a very good goalie and been one of Detroit most consistent players up until this season. I've watched almost every game this season and they are bad but they haven't quit or given up half way through games. Now their core players are still working as hard as in seasons past. Even AA who is pretty bad defensively was back checking and doing his best to play a 200 foot game it's the hardest I've seen him work defensively since he came into the league.
DakotaMermis4Norris a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2020 à 9 h 0
Quoting: aedoran
Yzerman did make 3 trades during the season so he didn't have to bring up prospects too early. First he traded Pope for Biega now I'm not saying Pope is anything special he may never make it out of the AHL but a 25yr old winger over a 30 bottom pair defenseman who most likely won't be signed in Detroit. Then he traded Regula for Perlini so far Perlini 37 games 1 goal and 4 points and he is awful Regula was taken at the beginning of the 3rd round in a deep draft I still think he could be a solid defenseman and at 67th overall won't be that far behind the two 2nds we got for AA. Now the Fabbri trade worked out ok but that was because STL had injuries and they wanted DLR because he is solid defensively. Saarijarvi he was totally expendable maybe a fresh start does him good but he is still just an AHL player to small with out the speed or skill that make smaller players successful in the NHL. He was traded for Comire because Pickard was brought in to play for The Griffins because their top 2 goalies went back to Europe to play and Pickard has NO BUSINESS in The NHL. Why he waived Comire after 1 game is beyond me but he has played for 3 teams this season and back to the team he started with but Detroit is the only team that traded for him. You also have to look at what Detroit had to work with Abdelkader, Neilson, Ericsson and Daley all over paid with NTCs then you have Helm who is just overpaid. So the vets that most teams sell off during their rebuild were untradeable thank you Mr. Holland!! I think Holland is a good GM but the 1 thing Edmonton should watch out for is he overpays grinder/energy guys and hands out NTCs like they are Pez. I'm only bringing this up because he got pulled for the 6th time this season last night and still doesn't have a win since 10/29/2019. Howard has had a really rough year and part of it is the team in front of him. He has been a very good goalie and been one of Detroit most consistent players up until this season. I've watched almost every game this season and they are bad but they haven't quit or given up half way through games. Now their core players are still working as hard as in seasons past. Even AA who is pretty bad defensively was back checking and doing his best to play a 200 foot game it's the hardest I've seen him work defensively since he came into the league.

that's true they do have some brutal contracts.

this isn't like an anti detroit thing either though, just in general I think it would be interesting to explore. Det isn't even the proper use case, colorado is much better because they went from 48 - 98 points in one year so I dont think they needed nor deserved mackinnon lol

My buddy is a red wings fan, i'm obviously a devil fan, we did this fun thing last night where we looked at who we couldve drafted with our first and second round picks the last few years. long story short, I do not recommend lol

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage