Forums/Armchair-GM

Leafs 2020-21

Créé par: Hammerwise
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 25 févr. 2020
Publié: 25 févr. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Barrie has left with no return, Clifford and Spezza resigned at pretty simple deals, and slight TOR discount, based on this years production. Dermott resigned and using Sanheim and other peers as a guide, not out of realm of possibility.
And still almost 5mil over cap. Even if cap goes up 3 mil, it still means a 3 million + cap hit needs to go, with little/no return in salary, and no space for the team to actually improve its weaknesses.
The prospect pool is not good enough to fill those holes.
The defence and team defence is still looking very average at best, even if the kids play well. This demonstrates that one of the bigger salaries need to go, for this team to get better, otherwise we'll be the same uneven squad year after year.
Chances are a Nylander or a Marner will have to go, its the only way I see this team getting better.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2950 000 $
3950 000 $
32 950 000 $
2950 000 $
31 200 000 $
31 800 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
31 600 000 $
21 800 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $86 263 116 $0 $400 000 $-4 763 116 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 950 000 $2 950 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 févr. 2020 à 5 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 47
I think your number is a bit high on Spezza, and your number includes about $1.6M in extra players (Marincin and Bracco) I dont think they carry throughout the season (likely AHL guys who get called up).

Actually, looking at it, you didn't raise the cap so the number you quote for them being over is wrong. It is based on an 81.5 cap. At 83, the expected cap, they are $3.2 over. Subtract the 1.6M in extra players, and about 800K for Spezza (he will retire or go low again) they are actually about 800K over.

Trade Dermott and Kappy/Johnsson as part of a package for a defensive upgrade and that's over 6M right there.
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
25 févr. 2020 à 6 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,226
Quoting: FrustratedToronto
I think your number is a bit high on Spezza, and your number includes about $1.6M in extra players (Marincin and Bracco) I dont think they carry throughout the season (likely AHL guys who get called up).

Actually, looking at it, you didn't raise the cap so the number you quote for them being over is wrong. It is based on an 81.5 cap. At 83, the expected cap, they are $3.2 over. Subtract the 1.6M in extra players, and about 800K for Spezza (he will retire or go low again) they are actually about 800K over.

Trade Dermott and Kappy/Johnsson as part of a package for a defensive upgrade and that's over 6M right there.

Missed that, thanks....

First off, no one can roll with 18 players, thinking that you don't have to carry a 13th forward and 7th dman, even at league minimum is crazy. And I don't think Spezza takes another sweetheart deal for this mess though, when he easily gets twice that with a better contender.
And again you're dealing two or three guys with mid level/lower salaries, (kappy, johnsson, dermott), all your depth, and you still have just enough for probably one quality defenseman. And those guys are quality for their salary, theres no way you get that production or level of play from league minimum guys.

The defense and team defense are weak, if you deal your mid level salaries, you are going to wind up playing 5-6, even 7 youngsters a night, (and I'm not convinced they're good youngsters), and still have the same weaknesses. The increase to holl, muzzin, Campbell had to be done, but again that's just to maintain the pretty average status quo. If we had more kapanens, reillys, sandins or Matthews coming thru the system, great, but we don't (only leaf fans think we have this awesome prospect pool) and are very hopefully expecting them to over achieve, due to the fact were capped out, and no help is coming.

Looking at the cap picture for next year, dealing a kapanen or johnsson doesn't help or address the team weaknesses, but dealing a bigger salary might.

All I'm saying is based on the salaries for next year, expect the same firewagon offense, one of the leagues worst defenses
25 févr. 2020 à 6 h 34
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4
You don't seem to understand how this site works. You've been fairly reasonable and, if anything, a little bit pessimistic. What you're supposed to do is wildly overvalue your assets and put together an incredibly lopsided trade to fix everything. I'd try Kapanen for Makar (50% retained) for example.
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
25 févr. 2020 à 7 h 7
Kitch
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 25
Quoting: Hammerwise
Missed that, thanks....

First off, no one can roll with 18 players, thinking that you don't have to carry a 13th forward and 7th dman, even at league minimum is crazy. And I don't think Spezza takes another sweetheart deal for this mess though, when he easily gets twice that with a better contender.
And again you're dealing two or three guys with mid level/lower salaries, (kappy, johnsson, dermott), all your depth, and you still have just enough for probably one quality defenseman. And those guys are quality for their salary, theres no way you get that production or level of play from league minimum guys.

The defense and team defense are weak, if you deal your mid level salaries, you are going to wind up playing 5-6, even 7 youngsters a night, (and I'm not convinced they're good youngsters), and still have the same weaknesses. The increase to holl, muzzin, Campbell had to be done, but again that's just to maintain the pretty average status quo. If we had more kapanens, reillys, sandins or Matthews coming thru the system, great, but we don't (only leaf fans think we have this awesome prospect pool) and are very hopefully expecting them to over achieve, due to the fact were capped out, and no help is coming.

Looking at the cap picture for next year, dealing a kapanen or johnsson doesn't help or address the team weaknesses, but dealing a bigger salary might.

All I'm saying is based on the salaries for next year, expect the same firewagon offense, one of the leagues worst defenses

Missed that, thanks....

Chris Johnson already reported that if Spezza plays next year (and hes looking to) its the leafs or retirement and money isnt a concern for him so expect another sweetheart deal.

Freidmen also said on his podcast that its expected Spezz is getting a job with the leafs once he hangs em up
25 févr. 2020 à 7 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,226
Quoting: fuzzythesheep
You don't seem to understand how this site works. You've been fairly reasonable and, if anything, a little bit pessimistic. What you're supposed to do is wildly overvalue your assets and put together an incredibly lopsided trade to fix everything. I'd try Kapanen for Makar (50% retained) for example.

bwaahaaahaaa, thanks
25 févr. 2020 à 9 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 564
I see what you've done, and while I agree with others on overpays etc. the fact that anything HAS to be done is wrong. Last year the Leafs HAD to trade Marner/Nylander because they were in cap hell. Now it's the same narrative. They can field a roster with what you have here without the overpays.

Now, is it likely there will be moves, of course. Every time makes moves/adjustments in the offseason. I would think moving one of Johnsson/Kerfoot/Kapanen is almost a given, and which player will depend on what return they want. If you package Dermott with one of them to add on defence, well that seems to be the play most people think is realistic.

I really think what Dubas does will depend on the rest of the season. If they continue to play inconsistently and bow out of the playoffs in the first round (or don't make it) I think there will potentially be major surgery. Does that mean Mitch Marner goes out the door? Maybe. He's the guy I think moves. I know analysts and older fans hate Nylander but he produces as much or more than Marner and is quite a bit cheaper. Everyone in the league would have interest in Marner and that would allow them to address the salary imbalance between D and forward. It will be interesting to see, but to say something HAS to be done is guaranteed to be wrong.
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
25 févr. 2020 à 23 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 47
Missed that, thanks....

They do it all the time. Their AHL affiliate plays like 20 minutes away. They've been doing it a lot this season, too. Not crazy to think they take advantage of geography for some cap savings.

Already reported if Spezza chooses to play he will take another sweetheart deal so... I mean, I trust Friedman here.

You have Dermott making 2.9 and Kappy makes just over 3. 5.9M can get a pretty good D. That's Manson pr Pesce with room to give. You dont have to give up one of the bigger fish to get one of them.

That's how teams should be built. You lock up the stars, cycle through the young guys and depth guys, trade them for picks, use those to cycle through more depth of young guys and cheap FA signings. The cycle continues. Blackhawks/Penguins model before Blackhawks started giving out thank you deals to their depth.

Rielly - Pesce/Manson, Muzzin - Holl, Sandin - Liljegren is a perfectly fine core. Engvall, Mikheyev give the 3rd line some depth allowing to move Johnsson and/or Kappy.

They really only have to get through next season and then the new TV deal and expansion money will likely explode the cap. No sense trading a key piece when you don't need to.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage