Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 16
AwesomeMatthews
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,013
Quoting: Baphomet
2 years. Merkley in 2018

well I like to forget the fact we let go of Hoffman and kept Karlsson when it should have been the opposite.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 16
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
Quoting: Hischier4Captain
I just dont understand, can someone explain to me.

Simmonds got a 5th for 8-16-24. Probably about right....

Goodrow got a 1st for 8-16-24

What am I missing

Simmonds is a UFA after the year. Also, Goodrow and a 3rd got a 1st and a guy worth less than a 3rd in my opinion.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 16
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
Quoting: Hedman77
I want die

Don't worry, just log off the internet
Hedman77 a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 17
AwesomeMatthews
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Even though they don't have their own first, at least they have a first. Confused

Don't remind me of the dumpster fire of a deal for Karlsson, should have kept Hoffman and flipped Karlsson smh.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 18
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
Don't remind me of the dumpster fire of a deal for Karlsson, should have kept Hoffman and flipped Karlsson smh.

Everyone thought the EK65 deal was terrible for Ottawa (including me) but now it's looking pretty good for them.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 19
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Simmonds is a UFA after the year. Also, Goodrow and a 3rd got a 1st and a guy worth less than a 3rd in my opinion.

good point on the contract, i think the scale still tips towards the maybe dont trade the first side though lol
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 19
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 69
Quoting: Hedman77
I want die

I spilled alot of internet ink defending the Lightning for the Coleman deal, but even i am not touching this one.... approved as requested
rebecca et ColonelX a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 20
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Hischier4Captain
good point on the contract, i think the scale still tips towards the maybe dont trade the first side though lol

I agree it's an overpayment. Just saying it doesn't look as bad now that i see the details. Originally i thought it was Goodrow straight up for a 1st.
DakotaMermis4Norris a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 23
Mentions "j'aime": 830
Modifié 24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 32

Armchair Hero - "You want Coleman and Goodrow?"

Julien Brisebois - "Are they good?"

Armchair Hero - "Not really"

Julien Brisebois - "Are they young?"

Julien Brisebois - "Ok how much?"

Armchair Hero - "9 first round picks"

Julien Brisebois - "No"

Armchair Hero - "1 first round pick"

Julien Brisebois - "No"

Armchair Hero - "3 first round picks"

Julien Brisebois - "Yes"
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 23
AwesomeMatthews
Everyone thought the EK65 deal was terrible for Ottawa (including me) but now it's looking pretty good for them.

I never liked that deal because of how Karlsson played the previous year plus I thought Norris was a solid prospect.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 23
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: drewjenkins

Armchair Hero - "You want Blake Coleman and Barclay Goodrow?"
Julien Brisebois - "Are they good?"
Julien Brisebois - "Are they young?"
Julien Brisebois - "What do you want?"
Armchair Hero - "9 first round picks"
Julien Brisebois - "No"
Armchair Hero - "3 first round picks"
Julien Brisebois - "Yes"

They're both good lol
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 24
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: AwesomeMatthews
I never liked that deal because of how Karlsson played the previous year plus I thought Norris was a solid prospect.

Is he still considered a top prospect?
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 28
AwesomeMatthews
Is he still considered a top prospect?

yeah he's having a career year in the minors for Ottawa, also Demelo has turned out to be good he could have helped San Jose pathetic blue line.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 29
They're both good lol

Kinda.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 40
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 162
I agree it's an overpayment. Just saying it doesn't look as bad now that i see the details. Originally i thought it was Goodrow straight up for a 1st.

same here haha
24 févr. 2020 à 18 h 11
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 234
Quoting: habs_fan123
what **** voted san jose

Every **** who looks at this deal. It’s possibly the steal of the deadline. This, Gustafsson, and Ennis.
24 févr. 2020 à 18 h 12
habs_fan
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 690
Quoting: rebecca
Every **** who looks at this deal. It’s possibly the steal of the deadline. This, Gustafsson, and Ennis.

opp i meant tampa bay tears of joy
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 19 h 11
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Honestly, what are the chances that Goodrow gets off of their fourth line? They gave up a first round pick for a borderline replacement level player? There are plenty of Barclay Goodrow's that could've been had. There are plenty of better players that could've been had for this price.
Kylonetic8 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 20 h 47
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 102
Modifié 24 févr. 2020 à 21 h 1
Okay, i defended the Coleman trade and i still think it's a good one, because Nolan Foote = 2nd rounder and the Vancouver Canucks pick can be a good player, but we don't need that player in the next 3 years. So expandable.
If people think Nolan Foote is a good player, then why noone wanted to pick him in the 1st round, and all experts said he is a 2nd round pick before the draft.
It was a surprise pick and we only selected him, because of the possible future "brothers synergy".
Looking at his stats from this year. He is not good. It's obvious. He wouldn't make the team for years. Right now i project him, like a middle 6 guy at best. Like a Blake Coleman. He has a good shot. That's it. He really needs to make a lot of improvements for to be top6 player... I'm not sure he will ever reach that potential. I know he did good at the world Juniors, but that's not NHL level...

So the problem with that trade was that we give up the wrong first rounder (20-25-mid-late 1st round) instead of ours(guaranteed late 1st).
Coleman trade = explainable & defendable, although it's a clear win for New Jersey Devils, but it's not that bad, because of the caphit for rest of the season + next = around 100-130 games for 1st+2nd rounders.
Coleman is exactly who we needed, instead of overpaid TJ,Gourde. NTC'S will be a problem, but they will waive it, instead of playing in the AHL.(cap reasons) They will not sitout the year(s) just for the money...
Maybe we can keep 1 of the 2, but then we need to move Killorn... I rather keep Killorn and trade those 2...

Okay, but now comes this TOP-TIER trade: NOT a solid RHD, like Dillon,Demelo or Hamonic/Brodie/Manson or even Vatanen.
We got Bogosian(90% injured like Coburn), it's free, but not really helps on the D-man front...
It's better, than nothing because he is free, like Shattenkirk was, but still.
Look at what Carolina Hurricanes did, when they already had(without injuries) the best D-Core in the whole NHL .
It's just crazy how strong top6 D-Core they have now. Maybe all-time best? I have no words how disappointed i am , by not getting even a third pairing mediocre D-man....

So we got Goodrow, when Stephens played pretty good whole year, with Verhaeghe and others.... why exactly we need Goodrow for this insane 10 times over market value price?

If i would do an ACGM: My price would be 3rd rounder(maybe throw in a non-good prospect) for him... Add in Thornton to the deal... So maybe a 2nd rounder for both of those players combined.

Why we didn't go after Grant from Anaheim Ducks??? For million times cheaper... That's a good deal for Philadelphia Flyers
Or what about Ennis for a 5th? 0.5p/g. Solid Depth guy... Edmonton Oilers almost hit the jackpot with that for almost free...

But we could've done like 2 weeks ago:
Dillon + Thornton+Goodrow for our 1st round pick + prospect(like Joseph or Volkov)

I wanna die too, i can't explain this. I can't find any value in Goodrow. Very Angry rolling eyes Very Angry
How is he helping us win the cup exactly? If we really wanted to help out San Jose Sharks, why we not just give 1st for Thornton then. To help him get the cup... He had Tampa on his trade list!!!!!! Huh?
He is a really good playmaker + he is good defensively, not lazy like others...

This is by far the worst trade BriseBois has done, even if we win the cup... Noone can defend this trade. I have no words for this... I just couldn't believe my eyes, when i saw, that this is the only trade we did...
I will go and say it:Worst trade of 2020. It's impossible to do a worse trade, than this for all other 30 GM's in the league...

So now we have the Vasi extension ( = bad for at least 3 years, until cap goes up a lot) + this trade = both bad deals for our organization in the short/long term.
Now i'm worried for his next trades + contract talks. But so far he still did more good things, than bad things.

From what we've seen though: Yzerman > BriseBois. Which is not that bad, considering Yzerman was top3 GM...
But maybe soon he will reach Chiarelli,Lou Lamoriello levels, if he continues with trades like this...shakes head

BARCLAY "***Freakin" GOODROW for a 1st rounder, tell me it's a nightmare please...shakes head shakes head shakes head Help cry cry cry
OldNYIfan et weirfanno1 a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 20 h 57
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
Derek Grant for your second would have been a better deal all around for the Lightning -- better cap hit, better draft pick to give, better player on the ice (Grant is one of the best face-off men and penalty killers in the Western Conference).

[Note: I originally ran "better" and the start of "cap" together and AutoCorrect changed it to "buttercup"]
24 févr. 2020 à 21 h 10
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 102
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Derek Grant for your second would have been a better deal all around for the Lightning -- better cap hit, better draft pick to give, better player on the ice (Grant is one of the best face-off men and penalty killers in the Western Conference).

[Note: I originally ran "better" and the start of "cap" together and AutoCorrect changed it to "buttercup"]

What about Namestnikov for a 3rd. One of our own. He played, like JT Miller level, when he played here couple years ago... We could also resign him for cheaper, than his current caphit by a lot... He never worth 4 million anymore... But he is still a solid player.
Look who got him: Sakic---> In my book. Sakic is the best GM in the league right now...

Dude... this trade is lunacy... Help
Maybe BriseBois drink too much last night? Huh?

He better fire Cooper the next day, if we out from playoffs...

I will look in the next few days deep into Goodrow stats.
Maybe i find something good and hidden with him. But from the eyetest. He is not good... Unlike Coleman, who has a career year, and improved a lot...

Ouch this trade hurts...

At least he has 0 $ caphit for next year...

Monthy Pyton ---> "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" sarcasm laugh
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 23 h 52
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,128
Tampa overpaid. Greco imo has potential to be a Top 9 Forward in the NHL.
25 févr. 2020 à 6 h 10
G O S I M E K
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 368
Quoting: F3ruS
What about Namestnikov for a 3rd. One of our own. He played, like JT Miller level, when he played here couple years ago... We could also resign him for cheaper, than his current caphit by a lot... He never worth 4 million anymore... But he is still a solid player.
Look who got him: Sakic---> In my book. Sakic is the best GM in the league right now...

Dude... this trade is lunacy... Help
Maybe BriseBois drink too much last night? Huh?

He better fire Cooper the next day, if we out from playoffs...

I will look in the next few days deep into Goodrow stats.
Maybe i find something good and hidden with him. But from the eyetest. He is not good... Unlike Coleman, who has a career year, and improved a lot...

Ouch this trade hurts...

At least he has 0 $ caphit for next year...

Monthy Pyton ---> "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" sarcasm laugh

From a Sharks fan. Goody emerged this year as one of the elite penalty killers. Sharks have had the best PK in the league all year and a lot of that is due to Goody. He is versatile enough to play on top six (in emergency) and he sticks up for his teammates. He’s a great forechecker and is pretty good at face offs. I’m pretty shocked he got us a 1st but Tampa isn’t getting nothing in return. He’s signed thru next season at 925k. Sharks fans are pretty sad to see him go, he scored one of the most iconic sharks goals against Vegas in game 7 last playoffs. He was undrafted and had to work really hard to get where he is.

You paid a high price for him but he will seriously help your depth in the playoffs and kill penalties with aplomb. Not a great trade for TB but the fans there will appreciate him thoroughly.
25 févr. 2020 à 11 h 18
Quoting: krakowitz
Honestly, what are the chances that Goodrow gets off of their fourth line? They gave up a first round pick for a borderline replacement level player? There are plenty of Barclay Goodrow's that could've been had. There are plenty of better players that could've been had for this price.

Do you think Goodrow is any better than Kyle Clifford?

Because the Leafs got Clifford + Campbell (a youngish borderline starting goalie signed for 3 years @ $1,600,0000) for two 3rd round picks.

Which helps make up for the Kadri trade (which is looking pretty bad right now).
25 févr. 2020 à 14 h 31
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: drewjenkins
Do you think Goodrow is any better than Kyle Clifford?

Because the Leafs got Clifford + Campbell (a youngish borderline starting goalie signed for 3 years @ $1,600,0000) for two 3rd round picks.

Which helps make up for the Kadri trade (which is looking pretty bad right now).

I do think that Goodrow is better than Clifford. He has more offense to his game and can play more styles.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage