SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(DET/EDM) - Athanasiou, Kuffner for Gagner, 2020 2nd round pick, 2021 2nd round pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 févr. 2020 à 13 h 58
Rejoint: sept. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 66
Quoting: pharrow
Edmonton going with the, we can't wait for picks to develop McDavid will leave by then trade.

I don't like this for Edmonton, It's a reach. They are praying he plays better. On top of it, I highly doubt he will take a team friendly deal and EDM has been hampered by the cap, why get the cap caught up again in sketchy players.

Holland and AA have had contract troubles in the past. AA is a wildcard for sure. He seemed so disinterested lately any change of scenery was going to be positive for him. Not sure he fits with McDavid based on his style of play but he will definitely help them score a few more goals but might help the other team as well. I am more interested in his contract talks in the offseason.
24 févr. 2020 à 13 h 59
Rejoint: sept. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 66
Quoting: Shibbal18
I remember when AA was worth at least a 1st and an A+ prospect to DET fans like not even a month ago LOL

Every fan of every team does this. Nothing new.
24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 5
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,898

If you are going to add info might as well add all of it.

https://theathletic.com/1616055/2020/02/18/why-andreas-athanasious-plus-minus-isnt-worth-fretting-over/

With Detroit's goal differential being -111 the next closest is -44. Now I'm not saying AA is a good defender but judging anyone on Detroit by their +/- isn't very accurate.
AnyoneButTheBruins a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 13
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,127
Big win for Edmonton!!!
24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 16
Crazy Penguins Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 81
Edmonton wins this deal. AA should be a great fit in their system.
24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 23
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
Quoting: aedoran

https://theathletic.com/1616055/2020/02/18/why-andreas-athanasious-plus-minus-isnt-worth-fretting-over/

With Detroit's goal differential being -111 the next closest is -44. Now I'm not saying AA is a good defender but judging anyone on Detroit by their +/- isn't very accurate.

But why is Detroit a -111? It's because they rely on players like Athanasiou. -8 vs +5 is something that you don't pay much attention to. -45... minus forty five, is something that you don't ignore.

Going all they way back to the 94-95 season... -45 is the second worst +/- period. Rico Fata has -46 in 03-04. Paul Ysebaert -43 in 97-98. You can huff'n'puff about +/- as a stat until the cows come home, but second worst +/- in the last 25 years is a statement.
24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 30
Quoting: Yojimbo
But why is Detroit a -111? It's because they rely on players like Athanasiou. -8 vs +5 is something that you don't pay much attention to. -45... minus forty five, is something that you don't ignore.

Going all they way back to the 94-95 season... -45 is the second worst +/- period. Rico Fata has -46 in 03-04. Paul Ysebaert -43 in 97-98. You can huff'n'puff about +/- as a stat until the cows come home, but second worst +/- in the last 25 years is a statement.

Did you even read the article?
24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 43
Quoting: Shibbal18
I remember when AA was worth at least a 1st and an A+ prospect to DET fans like not even a month ago LOL

Well at least he din't go to Buffalo. With him in the west Detroit only has to see him twice a year.
24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 43
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,634

Did you even read the articles?
Yojimbo a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 45
Quoting: CD282
Did you even read the articles?

Yes a couple of days ago.
24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 59
Did you even read the article?

I don't have an Athletic subscription so I couldn't read them if I wanted to. I didn't read any of the three. Not the two that I suspect put Athanasiou is a bad (correct) light, nor the one that you tried to counter with.

See, I can form my own opinions of a player by watching them. I do not need writers/bloggers/click bait artists to give me an opinion to have. You should try that too.
24 févr. 2020 à 15 h 32
I don't have an Athletic subscription so I couldn't read them if I wanted to. I didn't read any of the three. Not the two that I suspect put Athanasiou is a bad (correct) light, nor the one that you tried to counter with.

See, I can form my own opinions of a player by watching them. I do not need writers/bloggers/click bait artists to give me an opinion to have. You should try that too.

Doesn't clicking on the link take you to the article? I like to have as much information as I can before forming an opinion. So you form your opinions from watching them play on tv and the boxscore?
24 févr. 2020 à 15 h 55
Doesn't clicking on the link take you to the article? I like to have as much information as I can before forming an opinion. So you form your opinions from watching them play on tv and the boxscore?

It takes you to the page but only shows the first few lines then fades out to a "give us your money" link.

Oh, not only do you not form your own opinions on things, you don't even know HOW to form your own opinions. Yes, you view things on your own (games, facts, stats, etc) and then form conclusions inside your own head. You don't just read articles (therefore not even watching on your own) and take that other person's opinions/conclusions and just slot them in as your own. That's just rehashing something some else says... not stating your opinion on something.

But in the long run, Athanasiou is not your problem anymore. Someone else can be the worst player on your team now.
24 févr. 2020 à 16 h 20
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,738
Rip AA
24 févr. 2020 à 16 h 27
It takes you to the page but only shows the first few lines then fades out to a "give us your money" link.

Oh, not only do you not form your own opinions on things, you don't even know HOW to form your own opinions. Yes, you view things on your own (games, facts, stats, etc) and then form conclusions inside your own head. You don't just read articles (therefore not even watching on your own) and take that other person's opinions/conclusions and just slot them in as your own. That's just rehashing something some else says... not stating your opinion on something.

But in the long run, Athanasiou is not your problem anymore. Someone else can be the worst player on your team now.

Please that's a lot of BS. I get it you don't like AA but saying he is the worst in the league or even on the Wing just makes sound like idiot.
AnyoneButTheBruins a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 9
Please that's a lot of BS. I get it you don't like AA but saying he is the worst in the league or even on the Wing just makes sound like idiot.

Ask someone to give you an opinion/comeback to post on what I said as just saying it is "BS" misses the mark. Maybe you can find a link somewhere.
24 févr. 2020 à 17 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 30
Not sure about this one. I like the Ennis trade as I think he could compliment the McDavid line with Kassian quite nicely. Ganger has been doing well lately and is a nice versatile depth option. AA might add that scoring depth the Oilers have been missing, but just how bad defensively is this guy? Stick him on a line with Haas, who is a great back checking hard working player, and Chiasson, who is also a hard working decent two way guy. See what he can add there. Two 2nds is a bit much though if he ends up not fitting and becomes unsignable. Nygard already provides speed in the bottom 6 and works hard in both ends of the ice, just not as consistent offensively, yet.
24 févr. 2020 à 19 h 27
Ask someone to give you an opinion/comeback to post on what I said as just saying it is "BS" misses the mark. Maybe you can find a link somewhere.

You are attacking me because? You have no argument supporting AA really being the worst player in the league. Maybe it's because you can't afford a membership to the Atheltic $60 really isn't really that much and they do offer 50% off just about every other month. I can help you set up a GoFundMe page and you'll have enough for a subscription in no time. Or maybe the articles just have to many big words for you, it can't be that hard to find some to read it you. Can it?
24 févr. 2020 à 21 h 12
You are attacking me because? You have no argument supporting AA really being the worst player in the league. Maybe it's because you can't afford a membership to the Atheltic $60 really isn't really that much and they do offer 50% off just about every other month. I can help you set up a GoFundMe page and you'll have enough for a subscription in no time. Or maybe the articles just have to many big words for you, it can't be that hard to find some to read it you. Can it?

Him being the worst player in the league were your words, not mine. Oops...

I don't need to pay a subscription to read other people's opinions on players and teams as I am capable of forming my own. You obviously need to read others opinions so that you know what to "think", but I am fine.

I say ask someone to help you with a comeback and you comeback with telling me to ask someone to help me read. You basically copied what I said. You literally can't form your own ideas.

You are like 0 for 20 in our interactions. Are you going to try again or just accept that your inability to form your own thoughts handicaps you in all discussions?

I'll wait while you think about it. But don't hurt yourself. If you start smelling smoke just stop and give up.
24 févr. 2020 à 21 h 55
Him being the worst player in the league were your words, not mine. Oops...

I don't need to pay a subscription to read other people's opinions on players and teams as I am capable of forming my own. You obviously need to read others opinions so that you know what to "think", but I am fine.

I say ask someone to help you with a comeback and you comeback with telling me to ask someone to help me read. You basically copied what I said. You literally can't form your own ideas.

You are like 0 for 20 in our interactions. Are you going to try again or just accept that your inability to form your own thoughts handicaps you in all discussions?

I'll wait while you think about it. But don't hurt yourself. If you start smelling smoke just stop and give up.

We have had other interactions?
24 févr. 2020 à 22 h 40
We have had other interactions?

That's what you came up with... 0 for 21.
24 févr. 2020 à 22 h 41
That's what you came up with... 0 for 21.

That was a legitimate question. How do I lose by asking a question.
25 févr. 2020 à 1 h 49
StevieY19!!
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 689

Thank you Aedoran! That's what I've been trying to tell this guy.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
25 févr. 2020 à 1 h 59
StevieY19!!
If they want to base their opinion on one BS stat Aedoran let them settle with the thought that they traded two seconds and Gagner for "the Worst Player in the World." They are just mad because they think they got swindled in this trade. Don't bother wasting your time with these guys.
aedoran a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2020 à 6 h 31
StevieY19!!

AA just got you a game tying goal and an assist and went +2 (since you care about that so much) so how do you like him now just wondering?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage