SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

New York Rangers signed Chris Kreider (7 Years / $6,500,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 56
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
I don't think it's bad.
He's a bigger player. Bigger players tend to last longer in the NHL.
He'll be good till atleast 33. Given his size he may extend that.
It's not horrible. 1 year to long at most.
24 févr. 2020 à 14 h 59
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
The $$ is good; the term is not.
24 févr. 2020 à 16 h 40
GM67
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 316
Good short term but bad long term. Too much money but he had them where he wanted them.
dlt_hfu2847whsba a aimé ceci.
24 févr. 2020 à 18 h 23
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
This deal is terrible!!! The term is outrageous. This contract will hurt big time in 3-4 years. Once he loses his speed his game will deteriorate. Kreider simply doesn't have the skill set to score consistently off the cycle. Speed is everything. $7M for 4-5 years would've been so much better for NYR.
24 févr. 2020 à 22 h 46
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 830
Quoting: BradTolliverGoalie
Barring any regression, the Rangers left side will certainly be dangerous for years to come

Saying "barring any regressing" on a 7 year deal is like saying "barring the whole in our boat" we will certainly make it across the Atlantic.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
25 févr. 2020 à 9 h 45
I'm a Skatman
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 295
I wonder if the people commenting here ever watched Kreider play. he's neither Milan Lucic nor entirely foot speed reliant - yes, he is crazy fast, but he is also very strong and good at holding off defenders, which, combined with his speed, makes him incredibly hard to defend when breaking to the net.

however, he is also maybe one of THE best net front presences in the league - his number of deflection/tip in goals is only rivaled by Pavelski, and he scored 34 goals in his age 34 season. due to his lower arm strength, he also has a very good snap shot release. his skill set is very difficult to replace and the Rangers did well here with the AAV. Kreiders issue has been consistency, but prior to Zibanejad, he never played with an elite center who's skill set complimented him particularily well.

and as for the term - I don't think this is as bad as people here want it to be - as with all UFA signings, the back years of the contract have lesser salary to make them tradable and you sign them past their prime to pay FOR their prime. this happens every single time, and the issues only arise if those players drop off immediately. if the Rangers see their window of contention in 2-3 years, they did everything right here.
CoolCarToon a aimé ceci.
25 févr. 2020 à 11 h 39
HonestHockeyNYI
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 278
This contract is gonna hurt them in a few years; especially with a NMC attached.
25 févr. 2020 à 13 h 22
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 28
This contract is not CBA-compliant as the lowest annual salary ($4M) is less than 50% of the highest annual salary ($10M). How come no one has spotted this? It must be a mistake.
Joe_La_Garnotte a aimé ceci.
25 févr. 2020 à 15 h 5
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 71
Quoting: BroadwayBlueshirts
Years aren't ideal but took a discount on AAV. Gotta work to free up some money for next season now.

How did he take a discount?
25 févr. 2020 à 16 h 3
Western Champs
Rejoint: sept. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 251
Modifié 25 févr. 2020 à 16 h 9. Raison: When the back half is bigger than the first half you can do this! But that's not the case for this contract
Quoting: TaiwanNumberOne
This contract is not CBA-compliant as the lowest annual salary ($4M) is less than 50% of the highest annual salary ($10M). How come no one has spotted this? It must be a mistake.

I was going to ask the same question
25 févr. 2020 à 20 h 37
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 703
Quoting: Mrpoopybuthole
How did he take a discount?

For sure could've gotten 7x7 on the open market, maybe even more if there was a bidding war. Comparables were Anders Lee's and Kevin Hayes' new contracts signed last season.
26 févr. 2020 à 17 h 18
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 102
Better, than the Hayes AAV, but @ 7 years - Yikes

I expected 6 years max... GM's just never learn...Huh? shakes head

I expect a buyout for last few years... The cap goes up a lot by then, but still...

Huge opportunity missed by the GM at trade deadline = super huge value missed... possibly 1st round+prospect(s)
I know you need some veterans in a team... but you can sign or trade for it, if that much needed...
To me this feels like a desperate attempt to go for playoffs this year, as next year is gone already because of the Shattenkirk buyout...(that's 1 really good player's caphit--> huge disadvantage)
Thanks NYR for that buyout... he is decent in Tampa wink

Playoffs % for NYR this year 28%---> questionable move:

ERtYfRTU4AADIo2?format=jpg&name=large

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage