SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

So are we selling or what?

19 févr. 2020 à 18 h 31
Executive Director
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11
Modifié 21 févr. 2020 à 13 h 14
We're 7 points out of a wildcard spot with 3 games in hand. Honestly don't think this team can make it. Even when we play a good game, we lose. You can say we havn't been getting the bounces but as they say "good teams get good bounces" and I don't think this is a good team. We have plenty of pending UFA's, RFA's and players with a year left after this season. Given our situation, this is a great time to take advantage and build for next season and beyond. Other teams are throwing first and second round picks like candy not to mention good prospects. If we hang onto all these players and miss the playoffs it will be a disaster from an asset management point of view. Also, it'll be hard to make massive changes in the off-season if Hawks did nothing at the previous trade deadline. Thoughts?
19 févr. 2020 à 18 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 45
i agree. but every time i think they are out they win 4/5, and every time i get my hope up they lose 6/7. ha heart breaking.

i think its time to sell. like you said teams know it is a very open playoffs, they have to go for it making prospects, and picks more expendable.

here are my lists:

i want moved:
strome, crow, maatta, nylander, smith (i think is a perfect TDL pickup), koekkoek

im ok with trading, but would rather keep:
saad, lehner, guskampf

id hate to see go:
murphy, carpenter,cagg

everyone else i dont think its even reasonable to think they will be traded (other than picks/prospects)
Canucks_Hawkey a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2020 à 19 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Executive Director
Modifié 19 févr. 2020 à 20 h 1
Quoting: battadan
i agree. but every time i think they are out they win 4/5, and every time i get my hope up they lose 6/7. ha heart breaking.

i think its time to sell. like you said teams know it is a very open playoffs, they have to go for it making prospects, and picks more expendable.

here are my lists:

i want moved:
strome, crow, maatta, nylander, smith (i think is a perfect TDL pickup), koekkoek

im ok with trading, but would rather keep:
saad, lehner, guskampf

id hate to see go:
murphy, carpenter,cagg

everyone else i dont think its even reasonable to think they will be traded (other than picks/prospects)

I'd hate to see Koekkoek go given how consistent he is. Plus seems like a good guy. Having a depth defenseman that can make a pass, hit, shoot, block shots AND play the right side is huge. He's only 25 and will be an RFA so Hawks can't lose him to FA. They should keep him unless someone offers a 3rd and a 5th or something like that.

Also, surprised Debrincat isn't on your list but Strome is. I was the biggest Strome supporter but now I realize he's going nowhere under JC and his new system. Same with Debrincat. They just don't perform well in slow-paced chippy games and along the boards. If JC gets fired this summer Hawks may want to keep them, otherwise I think they should be traded.
20 févr. 2020 à 9 h 39
ya Koekkoek has been good, but for teams that are buyers on monday he is a perfect target, so i just would expect a pretty good return. and i know we always fall in love with our own players, but he is replaceable.

you cant give up on the cat. so many players have a bad year after the contract. i 100% expect him to be a 35 goal scorer next year regardless of the coach.
20 févr. 2020 à 12 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Executive Director
ya Koekkoek has been good, but for teams that are buyers on monday he is a perfect target, so i just would expect a pretty good return. and i know we always fall in love with our own players, but he is replaceable.

you cant give up on the cat. so many players have a bad year after the contract. i 100% expect him to be a 35 goal scorer next year regardless of the coach.

This defense has been horrible. Only Koekkoek,Murphy and Maatta have been consistent defensively. Who we gonna replace Koekkoek with? Dumping him leaves this defense even worse and it's already awful. Assuming Maatta gets traded at the deadline or draft - that only leaves us with Murphy and De Haan as a reliable defensive presence next season.

Banking on Debrincat bouncing back under Colliton is a huge risk. If he keeps playing the way he does, he will be difficult to move and we won't get much in return. His value is still decent now so I wouldn't say to other teams that he won't be traded. NHL history is full of players that had monster scoring years then fell off a cliff shortly later.
20 févr. 2020 à 13 h 46
Keith is pretty good.. ha. im not to worries about winning games after the TDL this year. lets be in the top 5 for the draft.

bowman then has the whole summer to build around keith, murphy, Boqvist, seabs (kinda).

also you have to assume a couple prospects will make the jump: guilbert, beaudin,regula, holm at least 1-2 of them will be up i hope.

so no i dont think it is dire to keep the dmen we have for next year.

yes there are one hit wonders but there are more great players that have 1 bad year, then go back to productive. i still like the way he is playing, he is getting such great opportunities, that im not worries, it will click eventually this year. if not he will be damn motivated to come out blazing next year.
20 févr. 2020 à 14 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Executive Director
Keith is pretty good.. ha. im not to worries about winning games after the TDL this year. lets be in the top 5 for the draft.

bowman then has the whole summer to build around keith, murphy, Boqvist, seabs (kinda).

also you have to assume a couple prospects will make the jump: guilbert, beaudin,regula, holm at least 1-2 of them will be up i hope.

so no i dont think it is dire to keep the dmen we have for next year.

yes there are one hit wonders but there are more great players that have 1 bad year, then go back to productive. i still like the way he is playing, he is getting such great opportunities, that im not worries, it will click eventually this year. if not he will be damn motivated to come out blazing next year.

Yes, it's not about winning this year but we need to keep the players that are going to help us win for next season and beyond. Koekkoek can do that and it's not like he's 32. He could stick around for a rebuild. Ya he takes a roster spot but he can be a solid 7th D-man which this team could use next season. Tanking for a lottery is overrated imo unless the team is in the bottom 3-5 which we're not. I'd rather the team finish with good energy to give them confidence heading into next season.

I hope Beaudin, Krys or others make the jump next season on our blueline. It's time to slowly drip these players into the lineup. We're facing cap troubles for the foreseeable future so this is the easiest way to get around that.

Friend told me early this season that Debrincat's one-timer cant even hit the net. I told him give him some time and it will come. Well it's almost the end of the season and Cat is hitting the net, just alot of the shots are perimeter shots or into the goalies crest. I've lost my patience with him now because he's a liability defensively and struggles to win board and net battles. Let's hope he be guns blazing again because it's not looking good for him or the Hawks.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage