SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/STL) - Scandella for 2020 2nd round pick and 2021 conditional 4th round pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

18 févr. 2020 à 16 h 42
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Overpriced, but not terrible given the fact Habs are also eating half his cap charge. I'm guessing they're planning on Tarasenko coming back before the playoffs
18 févr. 2020 à 16 h 47
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 157
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Absolutely embarrassing for Pierre Dorion.

Andy Greene: 2nd + Quenneville
Brendan Dillon: 2nd +3rd
Marco Scandella: 2nd + 4th

None of those players are better than Dylan DeMelo. What a joke.

they are all better then demelo
Trickster et jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2020 à 17 h 18
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649

I agree DeMelo is a better player than Greene or Scandella but I think Dillon is probably a little better than DeMelo (no pun intended). If not, it's pretty close.
18 févr. 2020 à 17 h 21
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,894
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I agree DeMelo is a better player than Greene or Scandella but I think Dillon is probably a little better than DeMelo (no pun intended). If not, it's pretty close.

I don't think Dillon is actually better, but I can see why he would be more valuable. He's a more physical player and he has a lot of playoff experience.
18 févr. 2020 à 17 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 193
Weird day to be a defenseman, eh?
18 févr. 2020 à 17 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980

He goofed up
Trickster a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2020 à 17 h 35
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
the run on defense has begun as it always does.
I think it's a fair deal. They swallowed cap. It has a price.
18 févr. 2020 à 17 h 43
Caps fan idk why
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,344

Capitals just have a hard on for Neanderthal brutes on defense. They hope to pound the other team. Demelo doesn’t for that type
18 févr. 2020 à 17 h 56
habs_fan
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 690
bergevin just turned a fourth into a second and a fourth

clear win here
Trickster a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2020 à 17 h 59
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Good move Montreal, St Louis overpaid here at least a little bit whether Blues like it or not.
oneX a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2020 à 18 h 0
Habs/Pens fan
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 273
Great use of value by Bergevin. Turned a 4th into 2nd and maybe another 4th is good asset management.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2020 à 19 h 18
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 69
Damn Buffalo can’t get out of their own way didn’t they just trade him frolik?
18 févr. 2020 à 19 h 31
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 49
So Montreal effectively turns a 2020 4th into a 2020 2nd and potentially a 2021 4th. LMAO, brilliant asset management.

Montreal gets a better return for Scandella, even after trading him with 20 less games left in the season than when Buffalo traded him.

TL: DR; Jason Boterill looks like a moron
jpsnow13, oneX, Trickster and 3 others a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2020 à 3 h 41
Molson beer is meh
Mentions "j'aime": 1,674
Quoting: mikeb98
So Montreal effectively turns a 2020 4th into a 2020 2nd and potentially a 2021 4th. LMAO, brilliant asset management.

Quoting: habs_fan123
bergevin just turned a fourth into a second and a fourth

clear win here

Quoting: Hockeylover360
Great use of value by Bergevin. Turned a 4th into 2nd and maybe another 4th is good asset management.

I'm happy with the return no doubt. Was giving Bergevin full marks for it when the deal went through. but the credit goes to Scandella for this return. Turns out Bergevin was actually trying to extend Scandella.... Only reason this deal happened was because Scandella wanted to wait until the off season. This GM has no clue what he's doing... just got lucky for failing to convince Scandella to resign and STL getting a bit desperate having missed on Dillon.

19 févr. 2020 à 7 h 10
Mentions "j'aime": 246
This trade is both what frustrates me about Bergevin and has to admit he's made good moves.

This move is a slam dunk for a rebuilding team. Turning a 4th and some cash into a 2nd and conditional 4th in just over a month is a very nice bit of asset management. If Bergevin would just be more all in on rebuilding, I think he has the creativity to really do a lot to turn things around. Montreal has a great prospect pool, but this team has cap space they wont need for this year and next, and players who aren't likely to be part of the eventual success. Instead they have a lot of middle six forwards and useful D that are stopping them from getting to the basement and the GM seems to suggest that it's playoffs or bust each year.

If you were to grade his moves over the last couple of years purely on their own, I think he has done a great job rebuilding, just don't tell him that he's rebuilding.

With the prices what they are this year, hopefully he can turn Petry, Tatar, Armia, and/or Danault into a haul. He could even retain salary to pump up the value on any of these guys if he wanted to.
19 févr. 2020 à 7 h 11
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Quoting: mhockey91
He goofed up

Probably had a better offer from an Eastern team but wanted to trade him West....
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2020 à 7 h 36
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Quoting: Danny12357
Probably had a better offer from an Eastern team but wanted to trade him West....

That is a very likely scenario tbh. I bet Toronto was in on him but Dorian knew he would’ve been a HUGE addition to their blue line
19 févr. 2020 à 8 h 17
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: Blazingbat11
I'm happy with the return no doubt. Was giving Bergevin full marks for it when the deal went through. but the credit goes to Scandella for this return. Turns out Bergevin was actually trying to extend Scandella.... Only reason this deal happened was because Scandella wanted to wait until the off season. This GM has no clue what he's doing... just got lucky for failing to convince Scandella to resign and STL getting a bit desperate having missed on Dillon.

You're one of those guys who will **** on Bergevin regardless of what he does.

If he resigns Kovalchuk, you will be pissed because he's 36 and might not be the same guy next year.

If he trades Kovalchuk, he just traded a top 6 forward who wants to play here.

Never happy. Go cheer for the Laughs
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2020 à 8 h 43
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 59
Quoting: Danny12357
This trade is both what frustrates me about Bergevin and has to admit he's made good moves.

This move is a slam dunk for a rebuilding team. Turning a 4th and some cash into a 2nd and conditional 4th in just over a month is a very nice bit of asset management. If Bergevin would just be more all in on rebuilding, I think he has the creativity to really do a lot to turn things around. Montreal has a great prospect pool, but this team has cap space they wont need for this year and next, and players who aren't likely to be part of the eventual success. Instead they have a lot of middle six forwards and useful D that are stopping them from getting to the basement and the GM seems to suggest that it's playoffs or bust each year.

If you were to grade his moves over the last couple of years purely on their own, I think he has done a great job rebuilding, just don't tell him that he's rebuilding.

With the prices what they are this year, hopefully he can turn Petry, Tatar, Armia, and/or Danault into a haul. He could even retain salary to pump up the value on any of these guys if he wanted to.

Petry and/or Tatar: Maybe if the right offer presents itself. Petry has a modified NTC, and he has been here for five years now. He may be crying à la Dillon if he goes. But the value of defensmen is sky high right now. The value of Tomas Tatar might never be higher right now, and teams might bite, because he plays the best hockey of his career in Montreal. No way Bergevin trades Danault. He is a late bloomer who is improving every year and nobody can replace his duties in the faceoff departement. And I think Armia may be traded next year, not this year. He is one of the rare tall forwards in a Canadiens organisation full of small forwards. Kovalchuck, the sooner the better. Especially with the way he has been playing over the past five games. He has been invisible on the ice.
19 févr. 2020 à 15 h 40
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: HabsForEver
You're one of those guys who will **** on Bergevin regardless of what he does.

If he resigns Kovalchuk, you will be pissed because he's 36 and might not be the same guy next year.

If he trades Kovalchuk, he just traded a top 6 forward who wants to play here.

Never happy. Go cheer for the Laughs

Seriously?! I haven’t given Bergevin crap for the better half of two years now. I’m just giving credit where credit is due. If his plan was to resign Scandella, he’s being an idiot and has no clue. That doesn’t take away from some of the good moves he’s done (like recently bringing in Kovalchuk).

Man my fan base can be thick in the head sometimes. How about a bit of critical thinking next time instead of being an apologist for whatever Bergevin does.
mondo a aimé ceci.
19 févr. 2020 à 15 h 43
Seriously?! I haven’t given Bergevin crap for the better half of two years now. I’m just giving credit where credit is due. If his plan was to resign Scandella, he’s being an idiot and has no clue. That doesn’t take away from some of the good moves he’s done (like recently bringing in Kovalchuk).

Man my fan base can be thick in the head sometimes. How about a bit of critical thinking next time instead of being an apologist for whatever Bergevin does.

How about stop **** talking Bergevin and trust what he's doing. He obviously made the right choice here, so why even mention the only reason he was traded was because Scandella didn't want to resign now. Bergevin has to research every possible option before choosing an ultimatum
19 févr. 2020 à 16 h 16
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: HabsForEver
How about stop **** talking Bergevin and trust what he's doing. He obviously made the right choice here, so why even mention the only reason he was traded was because Scandella didn't want to resign now. Bergevin has to research every possible option before choosing an ultimatum

Lol you really are a Bergevin apologist , after almost 8 years as him being GM, I have zero trust in the guy. He’s been doing a solid job for the past 2 years don’t get me wrong, but he’s the main reason Habs are in this current situation, no other way to put it. Like I said, I’m giving credit where credit is due.m, and if Bergevin was looking to extend Scandella first, Habs are lucky for this kind of return . If he does good moves at this trade deadline, I’ll praise him. If he does nothing, I’ll criticize him, while you make up an excuse for him
19 févr. 2020 à 17 h 24
Lol you really are a Bergevin apologist , after almost 8 years as him being GM, I have zero trust in the guy. He’s been doing a solid job for the past 2 years don’t get me wrong, but he’s the main reason Habs are in this current situation, no other way to put it. Like I said, I’m giving credit where credit is due.m, and if Bergevin was looking to extend Scandella first, Habs are lucky for this kind of return . If he does good moves at this trade deadline, I’ll praise him. If he does nothing, I’ll criticize him, while you make up an excuse for him

Like I said, no matter what he does, you will cry and moan like the rest of the fan base. It's the reason most players don't want to play here. Can't do anything without being scolded for it.
25 févr. 2020 à 10 h 33
Finally Champs
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Scandella jumped right into the blues lineup as a productive player. I like the trade and seems to be a perfect fit for the blues system heading towards another cup run.
HabsForEver et Wollsy a aimé ceci.
25 févr. 2020 à 12 h 0
Quoting: RyanW90
Scandella jumped right into the blues lineup as a productive player. I like the trade and seems to be a perfect fit for the blues system heading towards another cup run.

He was a solid 3rd pairing defender here on Montreal. He came in and did what was expected of him, I don't think he's going to provide much offense, but he rarely made mistakes. Definitely going to add stability to the Blues defensive core.
Wollsy a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage