SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Warning unpopular opinion ahead

Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 16 févr. 2020
Publié: 16 févr. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Hey Leafs fans out there, aren't you sick and tired of this ****?
Hey Leafs fans out there, do you feel like 1 game outta 2 is just the same movie repeating itself again and again?
Hey Leafs fans are you tired of seeing your team put up such disastrous performances regularly? Like every single week, without exception?
Hey Leafs fans, aren't you tired of seeing Andersen getting left out to die in the wild by his «teammates»?

WeLl Of CoUrSe We'Re TiReD oF tHiS lIkE eVeRy OtHeR LeAfS fAnS...

Of, so what do you propose to:
1-clear cap space
2-adding a d-man
???

*Crickets*

WARNING, UNPOPULAR PINION AHEAD, DON'T CONTINUE READING IF YOU DON't WANT TO BE DISTURBED

Just one sentence:
The Leafs need to move Nylander in order to improve the d-core, that's just how it is.

Matthews won't be dealt, he's in the top 5 best snipers in the whole freaking league.
Tavares won't be traded, he's the captain and does every single thing right.
Marner won't be traded, he's in the 10 best passers in the league and TOR needs someone to feed Matthews.

So it has to be Nylander.
Plus anyway it's unsustainable in the long term to keep all 4 together, one of them will have to go in 4 years MAX, so why not in the 2020 summer?

Nylander is having a great season, his value will be HUUUGE at the draft, for instance.
Trade him for a top 4 d-man plus a pick or just picks and do everything you can to sign Pietrangelo. I'd rather spend more or less 40 millions on 4 players and have one of those 4 be a d-man than spend more or less 40 millions or 4 forwards.

Leafs fans, Kapanen, Johnsson and/or Kerfoot won't get you a d-man capable of fixing pretty much the entire Leafs d-core for now and the foreseeable future. Only Nylander (plus one of the above) can create enough cap room for Pietrangelo.
Plus if you move Johnsson, you still get to keep Kerfoot and Kapanen, which leafs fans should love, right?

If you're not willing to make BIG MOVES (which include getting rid of an elite player like Nylander), you don't deserve to win, sorry, but that's a FACT.

Dubas, this is on you!!! Andersen is a UFA in 2021, the 2020 offseason will be your last to convince him to remain a Leafs for 3-4 years after 20-21.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de VGK
Logo de TOR
Logo de CAR
Logo de COL
Logo de SJS
Logo de STL
Logo de WPG
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1783 500 000 $72 338 116 $0 $400 000 $11 161 884 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 févr. 2020 à 21 h 50
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 334
Someone be a champ and give a TL;DR version.
16 févr. 2020 à 21 h 52
LeafsFan
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6
Quoting: Weezley

Trade Nylander for a high pick at draft and sign a D man with cap space
Weezley a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2020 à 21 h 53
I hate this team
Mentions "j'aime": 467
So what trades do you propose?
16 févr. 2020 à 21 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Quoting: Nohate
So what trades do you propose?

Nylander to CBJ for their 2021 1st rounder plus a 2022 2nd rounder. Maybe even more if it isn’t enough
16 févr. 2020 à 21 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: Weezley

What is a TLDR version?
16 févr. 2020 à 21 h 57
Caps fan idk why
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,344
So what you’re saying is Nylander for Jensen. 🤷🏻‍♂️ (Joking)
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 0
Mentions "j'aime": 334
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
What is a TLDR version?

Too long; don’t read version. Basically the summary or crux of your opinion.
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 4
Billy739
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,629
i said it a few year back and i'll say it again
Just like Wendell Clark you guys swear he's the solution when in reality its just more of the same .

Trade Mathews and you'll become a contender immediately
he's gone when his contracts up 99/100 times and likely returning to ARZ

if TML had a clue they'd make Marner their youth leader and Tavares continuing as the veteran leader.
Move Mathews for a bundle that gets you Dvorak who tore it up putting Marner on the map in Junior as his Center.
Dvorak , Keller , 1st and some other pieces wouldnt be unreasonable given what the few 1st OA players traded got in return .

or you can keep shoveling crap and starting out strong to just miss the playoffs .
i always like Doughty 2016 response to if he's worried about facing the Leafs offense in the playoffs potentially .
'' its only Janurary , give them time they'll eliminate themselves from the playoffs ''

its so true as you always do and its 100% always your guys fault for putting more importance on Jersey sales then putting a winning team together
BLIvingston33 a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 9
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,305
Shouldn't of signed Tavares, that's where it went sideways on the Leafs, oh well Dubas is a smart guy I'm sure he'll figure it out.
lRONHlDE31 a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Shouldn't of signed Tavares, that's where it went sideways on the Leafs, oh well Dubas is a smart guy I'm sure he'll figure it out.

Hey I kinda agree, it sped up the process... but a rebuild takes time and signing Tavares made them INSTANTLY become a contender... it shouldn’t have been that eat, so yeah, I kinda agree man...
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 12
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 16
Nylander to CBJ for their 2021 1st rounder plus a 2022 2nd rounder. Maybe even more if it isn’t enough

Lol Blake Coleman literally just went for a recent first round prospect plus another first. Shame the Leaf tax brings Nylander down to only a 1st and a 2nd
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 14
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,305
Hey I kinda agree, it sped up the process... but a rebuild takes time and signing Tavares made them INSTANTLY become a contender... it shouldn’t have been that eat, so yeah, I kinda agree man...

Kadri would be the cheapest 2C in the league, take that money spent on Tavares and instead invest it in one or two dmen, a Bozak replacement and a competent backup goalie and this team would be in a way better position then it is now.
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: Blender90
Lol Blake Coleman literally just went for a recent first round prospect plus another first. Shame the Leaf tax brings Nylander down to only a 1st and a 2nd

No man I agree he’d be moved for 2 firsts at least, maybe more
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 28
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 143
Non of these Unpopular opinions at all. Real unpopular opinion atm. Im ok with letting Campbell be the starter over Freddie if he has 1 more bad start. Campbell has looked lights out since joining Freddie has a .908 this season and a .879 in his last 5 starts. Campbell a .919
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 32
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 55
Quoting: Billy739
i said it a few year back and i'll say it again
Just like Wendell Clark you guys swear he's the solution when in reality its just more of the same .

Trade Mathews and you'll become a contender immediately
he's gone when his contracts up 99/100 times and likely returning to ARZ

if TML had a clue they'd make Marner their youth leader and Tavares continuing as the veteran leader.
Move Mathews for a bundle that gets you Dvorak who tore it up putting Marner on the map in Junior as his Center.
Dvorak , Keller , 1st and some other pieces wouldnt be unreasonable given what the few 1st OA players traded got in return .

or you can keep shoveling crap and starting out strong to just miss the playoffs .
i always like Doughty 2016 response to if he's worried about facing the Leafs offense in the playoffs potentially .
'' its only Janurary , give them time they'll eliminate themselves from the playoffs ''

its so true as you always do and its 100% always your guys fault for putting more importance on Jersey sales then putting a winning team together

I agree to an extent. But I think the biggest mistake was signing tavares as someone else here said. That's a jersey sales decision if I've ever seen one. His contract will be ridiculous soon as he's 29 already. It would be hard to replace his leadership but his point totals will probably go down steadily especially if he doesn't have a winger like nylander to play with.

That's my opinion anyway
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 33
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 149
Habs fan here;
Cant they just trade Nylander for Dumba and clear cap space in the offseason if need be? IE Kapa and or Johnsson.
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 51
Kings v5 GM
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,625
Quoting: Pmanningno2
Habs fan here;
Cant they just trade Nylander for Dumba and clear cap space in the offseason if need be? IE Kapa and or Johnsson.

That's a horrible idea
16 févr. 2020 à 22 h 51
Kings v5 GM
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,625
Lmao this is a terrible option
16 févr. 2020 à 23 h 43
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,117
Im open to it but it NEEDS to be for a young top 4 Dman with top 2 potential, such as a Jones for Johansen type deal. Picks just don’t do it for me, especially when it’s just to gamble for a free agent who will likely need to be overpaid. Than you just traded a young elite player for an asset that wouldn’t help until at least 4 seasons
16 févr. 2020 à 23 h 51
Mentions "j'aime": 240
Not to mention you can’t afford to keep Hyman either without moving someone. Even at a home town discount he’s gonna be hard to afford.
17 févr. 2020 à 10 h 9
Billy739
Modifié 17 févr. 2020 à 10 h 21
Quoting: lRONHlDE
I agree to an extent. But I think the biggest mistake was signing tavares as someone else here said. That's a jersey sales decision if I've ever seen one. His contract will be ridiculous soon as he's 29 already. It would be hard to replace his leadership but his point totals will probably go down steadily especially if he doesn't have a winger like nylander to play with.

That's my opinion anyway

without him Marner doesnt lead the team 2/3 years IMO
you're team wasnt good enough possession wise so you got a top 5 possession Center in the league that previous 5 years .

Mathews , Nylander nor Marner would have been their 3 strongest Center and they all have issues with Volume
its like MTL pushing 2/4 Centers as first year playing that position , if we didnt have Danault as bad as last year was we woulda had no time with the puck constantly defending

i mean of all the players you got Tavares is most underated in TML IMO at 70 goas and 139 points in 135 games says you'd not be in the position you are as he's 2nd only to Mathews in Goals Scored since joining the team.Besides he's the poster boy for UFA All Star's thinking about signing with TML and should be treated well as i can tell you MTL treats most of their UFA's like Schmuck's and now we cant overpay good talent to come here or even get an interview with anyone in a top 6 or top 4 position that has options. (Radulov and Kovalchuk only came here because no other team would take him )

Mathews could get TML 1-2 NHL players under 25 and a 1st plus a few lesser pieces or a top prospect and a whack of pick.
if you offered ARZ today this option i think they'd offer up Keller , Dvorak,Stepan , 1st ,1st and 2nd then TML could retain on Stepan and get another pick or prospect out of him at the TDL to a fringe contender loaded with offense in need of a possession player like EDM or FLA

TML walks away better even though ARZ picks would be later ones the quality in players they got in Dvorak who has chemistry and a championship as Marners Center and Keller would surely make an impact in TML top line.Stepan to the right team in a summer deal could get you a more favorable return to a team like NJD,CGY or ANA offering them a veteran to mentor their young Centers or you could always swap for a Center out of favor like a Bonino or Turris adding more depth if so desired.

or do a 3 way trade and collect youth assets and picks from 2 teams like COL did
or trade him to this year 1st OA pick holder and get Lefreniere

either way Mathews will get you what you need in a trade to win .
its easy to shut down 1 Mathews as Danault's shown time and again
but shutting down Keller ,and Dvorak ontop of Marner ,Tavares and Nylander is a tall order for any team
17 févr. 2020 à 14 h 22
Quoting: Billy739
without him Marner doesnt lead the team 2/3 years IMO
you're team wasnt good enough possession wise so you got a top 5 possession Center in the league that previous 5 years .

Mathews , Nylander nor Marner would have been their 3 strongest Center and they all have issues with Volume
its like MTL pushing 2/4 Centers as first year playing that position , if we didnt have Danault as bad as last year was we woulda had no time with the puck constantly defending

i mean of all the players you got Tavares is most underated in TML IMO at 70 goas and 139 points in 135 games says you'd not be in the position you are as he's 2nd only to Mathews in Goals Scored since joining the team.Besides he's the poster boy for UFA All Star's thinking about signing with TML and should be treated well as i can tell you MTL treats most of their UFA's like Schmuck's and now we cant overpay good talent to come here or even get an interview with anyone in a top 6 or top 4 position that has options. (Radulov and Kovalchuk only came here because no other team would take him )

Mathews could get TML 1-2 NHL players under 25 and a 1st plus a few lesser pieces or a top prospect and a whack of pick.
if you offered ARZ today this option i think they'd offer up Keller , Dvorak,Stepan , 1st ,1st and 2nd then TML could retain on Stepan and get another pick or prospect out of him at the TDL to a fringe contender loaded with offense in need of a possession player like EDM or FLA

TML walks away better even though ARZ picks would be later ones the quality in players they got in Dvorak who has chemistry and a championship as Marners Center and Keller would surely make an impact in TML top line.Stepan to the right team in a summer deal could get you a more favorable return to a team like NJD,CGY or ANA offering them a veteran to mentor their young Centers or you could always swap for a Center out of favor like a Bonino or Turris adding more depth if so desired.

or do a 3 way trade and collect youth assets and picks from 2 teams like COL did
or trade him to this year 1st OA pick holder and get Lefreniere

either way Mathews will get you what you need in a trade to win .
its easy to shut down 1 Mathews as Danault's shown time and again
but shutting down Keller ,and Dvorak ontop of Marner ,Tavares and Nylander is a tall order for any team

Wish I knew how to just tag someone instead of quoting the whole message lol. I definitely see your point I just worry about putting Toronto's hopes in a guy that's already 29 but he is definitely one of the best in the league and hopefully Mathews will learn a thing or two from him. Leafs fans have endured a lot of crap for a long time and this team needs to be good for a long time. Tavares can't be traded for many more reasons than just his contact. Most of those reasons are good ones for the team. I just have a hard time seeing tavares being worth 11 million when he's 35 years old so if I was a leafs fan I'd regret that signing. At the very least I wish it was a 5 or 6 year contract
Billy739 a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2020 à 23 h 8
Billy739
Quoting: lRONHlDE
Wish I knew how to just tag someone instead of quoting the whole message lol. I definitely see your point I just worry about putting Toronto's hopes in a guy that's already 29 but he is definitely one of the best in the league and hopefully Mathews will learn a thing or two from him. Leafs fans have endured a lot of crap for a long time and this team needs to be good for a long time. Tavares can't be traded for many more reasons than just his contact. Most of those reasons are good ones for the team. I just have a hard time seeing tavares being worth 11 million when he's 35 years old so if I was a leafs fan I'd regret that signing. At the very least I wish it was a 5 or 6 year contract

not sure ,i put @ infront and half the time it allows me to link others and the other half it dont
18 févr. 2020 à 21 h 18
@Billy739 haha it worked

Anyway, I was going to leave it alone but I'm watching the Toronto vs Pittsburgh game right now. 5 minutes into the 3rd period and the score is 5-2 for the penguins.

So, I've been in Mathews side for a while now and I want him to be a huge difference maker for this team. But I'm slowly starting to see that he lacks heart. He has all the talent in the world hut he may lack that one trait that makes a person grab his team by the hair and drag them to the cup. I saw it tonight when he scored and he didn't even keep his hand up across the entire bench to celebrate. Wtf was that? Didn't want to admit it but you may be right about that trade. Wish tavares was younger....

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage