(NJD/TBL) - Coleman for Foote and 2020 1st round pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

16 févr. 2020 à 23 h 23
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: ON3M4N
His goal scoring exploded when he started getting 17 minutes a night.... he's not getting that kind of TOI with TBL.

His offensive production shouldn't really take a hit. His mins. will drop slightly, but almost all of his goals come from plays originating in the D zone. He scores most of his goals off the rush.
17 févr. 2020 à 0 h 29
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Quoting: F50marco
Who said anything about finding EXACTLY what Coleman brings? I simply said find someone who brings something as close to as possible to what he does and pay a quarter of what TB paid.

As for that last sentence, when has that ever rang true? Or better yet, what percentage of teams who made trades like that, regretted them the following year? Nearly every single dang one.

Of course you can bring up guys like ROR with STL. That certainly worked out. Then again, look at what they paid for ROR and look at what they paid for Coleman.....

Coleman is a solid player but Tampa put all their chips in this one guy when they could have had a couple lesser good players but who would have given them not quite as much as Coleman will, and again for a fraction of the price.

My argument is that of the players that have a similar contract as him, you're not going to get a player that scrapes the surface of what he brings. The only one I could see is Sean Kuraly, but Boston is a contender and there is no incentive to ship him out. Jordan Weal, Michael Raffl, Luke Glendening, Marcus Sorensen are all replacement level players, which doesn't make them attractive pieces in a market.

It's 100% worth it for them to move a draft pick that is highly plausible conveys this year, as Vancouver is most likely making the playoffs, conveying the draft selection. Highly doubt that Vancouver misses the playoffs and don't make it again next year, let alone win the lottery. They obviously have calculated for this happening, but the probabilities are in Tampa's favor by a wide margin. Nolan Foote is nowhere near a polished prospect; he still has tons of development left. Maybe he becomes a solid second-line winger down the line. My mindset is that you can sacrifice prospects, especially if they are unpolished like Foote, you can move them for known players now. They still own their own 1st round pick, so they can draft another forward prospect with 2nd line potential with their pick.

As for the regret, I would think that teams would regret getting sent home in April because they had to "overpay" on players using draft picks and prospects less than if they got sent home in April because *they didn't make a move*

I disagree with their needs. They don't need more replacement level players; they need someone who brings what Colemans brings. Trading a 3rd round pick for Michael Raffl or Marcus Sorensen, for example, doesn't really advance your chances of going further into the playoffs. Coleman is not a first line player, but you're getting someone who can produce and play a very strong two-way game.

*edit
17 févr. 2020 à 1 h 51
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 102
Hmm, interesting! I didn't expect a trade this soon. Looked like a dry market for sooo long... nuiiiceeee...
It's gonna be a long post again, sorry. rolling eyes

So:
We just got "A Diamond in the Rough"

If we win the Cup in 2020/2021 with the help of "pickles", (that's his nickname) then it was def worth the steep price. If we fail, it was still worth a shot to go for it. nod
It's not like we are Columbus Blue Jackets who went allin for 1 playoffs round win(bad strategy by GM), our team is stacked and by all bookmakers+analytics guys top5 fav to win the cup this year. Even after the disastrous start in oct-dec...

I'm disappointed in the comments(but not the votes): BriseBois did well once again!cool
Coleman was on my target list since 2019 middle: But i thought the price is too high for him... Looks like i was right... I'm still happy about this trade, and can't wait to see him in our jersey.
Just like Maroon, everybody is going to love this guy. Heart Eyes We had garbage PK last year's playoffs, this trade ensures that our PK is gonna be rock solid this year's playoffs.

Imagine Point,Cirelli as our only 2 top tier defensive forwards - we missed a 3rd one for a long time in our lineup(palat is not bad,but still not elite): it's Coleman. Oh baby it's a triple! applaud rock on applaud
Defense = everything in the playoffs, forgot about the 20 goals he scored... if we can stop Ovechkin,Barzal,Crosby,Malkin,Pastrnak in the playoffs to score every game vs us, we can go deep. And he will def help with that part.
Toronto got Clifford, except he doesn't have offensive upside. It was cheaper, but they might not even make the playoffs... so it's not about who wins the trades for contenders... it's about who wins the cup... Will Toronto win the cup with Clifford? We'll see about that in a few months...

So about trade value:if Canucks make the playoffs: around 20-25th draft pick = unknown, even in a super deep great draft - not what we need
Foote = projected 2nd round pick = still unknown, we only picked him because of history with the other Foote(s). He looks to be like Blake Coleman 2.0 in 2025... worth to wait until then with prime Kuch+Stammer+Pointerz+Mr. Norris&Vezina? I doubt it...

Tampa Bay Lightning All-in FTW, now we need to get a RHD and we are set.
My choice: Josh Manson or Jonas Brodin for a 1st round pick + prospect(s) if needed.
We can still go after Risto as well, like last year... Let's see if BriseBois will get him this time or Buffalo Sabres keep him 4ever for no reason...
(they need to tank = the worse defense u have ---> the better chance u can tank - check what Yzerbro & Detroit doing this year... wink I hope Detroit gets 1st overall, but top4 still should be solid for them...)

So for playoffs, Dream Defense:
Hedman-Manson(Brodin/Risto)
McDonagh-Cernak
Sergy-Shatty

Backups in case of injuries: Rutta,Schenn,Coburn - when they are fresh&fully healthy they are not that bad, but when they are tired and vs top opponents = AHL level defense from all of those 3 unfortunately
I don't wanna start the playoffs with Rutta starting... top players can exploit him too easily... Schenn donates free goals for opponents in every 2nd game...

Oh and i forgot to mention: Coleman,unlike Point or Cirelli, hits a lot(like Paquette) and he hits hard = huge value in the playoffs.
1.8 mill $ caphit = insane for next 1.5 years... (makes it one of the best contract in whole NHL and we can also extend him, if he wants to stay. Comparables: Couturier,Labanc
Skinner = 9 million $ vs. Coleman 1.8 million $
This contract helps us give new contracts to Serg+Cirelli+Cernak and we can sell 1(or 2) of Killorn/Johnson/Gourde. Depends who is willing to go...
I would keep Killorn - and let the other 2 go, but that's gonna be hard to do considering the NTC's.

If someone still has some doubts about him or the trade, here are some advanced stats about him.
It's important to note he played on a bad team, without a good goalie + horrible defense + bad offense... Yet the numbers looks good:
Offense:
colembl91colembl91

+3% overall = respectable

Defense:
colembl91colembl91

+10% = elite level on defense, additionally he is like Paquette on the PK
plus-minus stat: -2, compared to Zajac+Gusev he is much better...again pretty good... so it's not just shots...

For Tampa fans: think of him, like we got Kreider for 1.5 years. It's debatable who is the better player right now... For caphit/ $ value for next 1.5 years Coleman wins hands down...
Kreider = 0.5 years only = pure rental... If someone extends Kreider = huge caphit = not what we need for 2020/2021.
Devils won the trade no doubt, but it's still a really good deal for us = almost a win-win in the vote... not too shabby...
I would take him over Zucker as well... and Penguins paid similar price... for worse caphit...
This trade is not as bad as it looks at first sight, you just have to dig a little deeper to understand the player's value + team needs...

Other positive side of this trade: One more reason to check out couple New Jersey games in next couple years, to check how the other Foote is playing. Maybe he will play with Hughes. That would be fun to watch for sure. I'm sure he will get a lot more icetime there. So more playing time = better development hopefully for him...
The Sedin's were fun together.
Rip Foote brothers dream in tampa cry
17 févr. 2020 à 2 h 49
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
I never wanna hear people rip the Zucker trade again lmfaoo
17 févr. 2020 à 5 h 8
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 833
Quoting: F3ruS
Hmm, interesting! I didn't expect a trade this soon. Looked like a dry market for sooo long... nuiiiceeee...

So:

If we win the Cup in 2020/2021 with the help of "pickles", (that's his nickname) then it was def worth the steep price. If we fail, it was still worth a shot to go for it. nod
It's not like we are Columbus Blue Jackets who went allin for 1 playoffs round win(bad strategy by GM), our team is stacked and by all bookmakers+analytics guys top5 fav to win the cup this year. Even after the disastrous start in oct-dec...

I'm disappointed in the comments(but not the votes): BriseBois did well once again!cool
Coleman was on my target list since 2019 middle: But i thought the price is too high for him... Looks like i was right... I'm still happy about this trade, and can't wait to see him in our jersey.
Just like Maroon, everybody is going to love this guy. Heart Eyes We had garbage PK last year's playoffs, this trade ensures that our PK is gonna be rock solid this year's playoffs.

Imagine Point,Cirelli as our only 2 top tier defensive forwards - we missed a 3rd one for a long time in our lineup(palat is not bad,but still not elite): it's Coleman. Oh baby it's a triple! applaud rock on applaud
Defense = everything in the playoffs, forgot about the 20 goals he scored... if we can stop Ovechkin,Barzal,Crosby,Malkin,Pastrnak in the playoffs to score every game vs us, we can go deep. And he will def help with that part.
Toronto got Clifford, except he doesn't have offensive upside. It was cheaper, but they might not even make the playoffs... so it's not about who wins the trades for contenders... it's about who wins the cup... Will Toronto win the cup with Clifford? We'll see about that in a few months...

So about trade value:if Canucks make the playoffs: around 20-25th draft pick = unknown, even in a super deep great draft - not what we need
Foote = projected 2nd round pick = still unknown, we only picked him because of history with the other Foote(s). He looks to be like Blake Coleman 2.0 in 2025... worth to wait until then with prime Kuch+Stammer+Pointerz+Mr. Norris&Vezina? I doubt it...

My choice: Josh Manson or Jonas Brodin for a 1st round pick + prospect(s) if needed.
We can still go after Risto as well, like last year... Let's see if BriseBois will get him this time or Buffalo Sabres keep him 4ever for no reason...
(they need to tank = the worse defense u have ---> the better chance u can tank - check what Yzerbro & Detroit doing this year... wink I hope Detroit gets 1st overall, but top4 still should be solid for them...)

McDonagh-Cernak
Sergy-Shatty

Backups in case of injuries: Rutta,Schenn,Coburn - when they are fresh&fully healthy they are not that bad, but when they are tired and vs top opponents = AHL level defense from all of those 3 unfortunately
I don't wanna start the playoffs with Rutta starting... top players can exploit him too easily... Schenn donates free goals for opponents in every 2nd game...

Oh and i forgot to mention: Coleman,unlike Point or Cirelli, hits a lot(like Paquette) and he hits hard = huge value in the playoffs.
1.8 mill $ caphit = insane for next 1.5 years... (makes it one of the best contract in whole NHL and we can also extend him, if he wants to stay. Comparables: Couturier,Labanc
This contract helps us give new contracts to Serg+Cirelli+Cernak and we can sell 1(or 2) of Killorn/Johnson/Gourde. Depends who is willing to go...
I would keep Killorn - and let the other 2 go, but that's gonna be hard to do considering the NTC's.

If someone still has some doubts about him or the trade, here are some advanced stats about him.
It's important to note he played on a bad team, without a good goalie + horrible defense + bad offense... Yet the numbers looks good:
Offense:
colembl91colembl91

Defense:
colembl91colembl91

plus-minus stat: -2, compared to Zajac+Gusev he is much better...again pretty good... so it's not just shots...

For Tampa fans: think of him, like we got Kreider for 1.5 years. It's debatable who is the better player right now... For caphit/ $ value for next 1.5 years Coleman wins hands down...
Kreider = 0.5 years only = pure rental... If someone extends Kreider = huge caphit = not what we need for 2020/2021.
Devils won the trade no doubt, but it's still a really good deal for us = almost a win-win in the vote... not too shabby...
I would take him over Zucker as well... and Penguins paid similar price... for worse caphit...
This trade is not as bad as it looks at first sight, you just have to dig a little deeper to understand the player's value + team needs...

Other positive side of this trade: One more reason to check out couple New Jersey games in next couple years, to check how the other Foote is playing. Maybe he will play with Hughes. That would be fun to watch for sure. I'm sure he will get a lot more icetime there. So more playing time = better development hopefully for him...

You're trying pretty hard here.
Don't think it's working though.

But I do appreciate you're little dig at the CBJ GM.
It's not like they swept you in the playoffs or anything.
17 févr. 2020 à 5 h 55
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837

So:

McDonagh-Cernak
Sergy-Shatty

Offense:
colembl91colembl91

Defense:
colembl91colembl91

TB has no room to rip CBJ after that handshake line last year tears of joy
17 févr. 2020 à 5 h 57
Banni
Boston in 6.

This doesn't fix this teams issue in the playoffs. I doubt they will beat Boston who will come to play playoff hockey. They better hope a team like WSH or NYI doesn't make it to the ECF.
17 févr. 2020 à 6 h 13
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Quoting: pharrow
Boston in 6.

This doesn't fix this teams issue in the playoffs. I doubt they will beat Boston who will come to play playoff hockey. They better hope a team like WSH or NYI doesn't make it to the ECF.

It fixes a lot of stuff... Boston(with avs) went almost allin on Coleman... we offered the better deal. Now Boston is allin on Kreider... We'll see how that turns out...

Boston has some cryptonites: Detroit one of them(no joke), maybe you will guess the other...
17 févr. 2020 à 6 h 37
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Modifié 17 févr. 2020 à 6 h 42
TB has no room to rip CBJ after that handshake line last year tears of joy

Columbus Blue Jackets were lucky they had Martin St. Louis + Tortorella the Tampa insiders and they found the elixir for the 62 wins.
HEDMAN was injured in the whole series, imagine if Pietrangelo last year was injured, do you think blues still win the cup? doubtful...
It resulted a 4-0 bad matchup for us , they were the better team, but i have to remind you, that they were due to one playoffs series win with losing barely to Washington multiple times... and they went allin, look where are they now... hopeless...
Yeah they are winning in regular season... but will they win cup in next years?
I would bet huge money they wont... so they can be happy with that 1 series victory... in the long run it's not worth for them... come back in 5 years... and if tampa still doesn't win, that still only makes us even...

Tortorella won the cup with us a little while back, so i know how good coach he is... 1 playoffs loss not the end of the world, it was just shocking after the best season ever... if it was a 48 win season, noone would have been surprised...
It doesn't mean we were the 16th best team in the 2019 playoffs... every team has counters usually... that year it was Blues+Columbus...

Back one year:in 2018 it was only Washington... until Tampa is not the best team in the playoffs or can't avoid hard matchups like Washington did in 2018, where they had to face the new franchise in the finals... no cup for us... this year we'll see what happens.

I can go back more if you want, vs Chicago in the finals: clearly they were the better team( couple weeks ago i heard why, they semi-cheated on Kane injury = they went over the cap = we were disadvatage in the finals from start - i heard this from an expert how chicago tricked the system to get more players, while Kane weas injured...)

Once the playoffs starts, you know, anything can happen. Just get lucky, peak at the right times, edges & differences are marginal...
I checked yesterday: Right now favorite to win the cup = Colorado.
That's the math by 1 adv stats site:good for them(my 2nd fav team so good for me as well haha, if they do indeed win - but i have my doubts)... we'll see that a team who loses to Los Angeles Kings wins it all, or maybe not...
17 févr. 2020 à 6 h 39
Banni
Columbus Blue Jackets were lucky they had Martin St. Louis + Tortorella the Tampa insiders and they found the elixir for the 62 wins, it resulted a 4-0 matchup, they were the better team, but i have to remind you they were due to one playoffs series win with losing barely to Washington Capitals multiple times... and they went allin, look where are they now... hopeless...
Yeah they are winning in regular season... but will they win cup in next years? i would bet huge money they wont... so they can be happy with that 1 series victory... in the long run it's not worth for them... come back in 5 years... and if tampa still doesn't win, that still only makes us even...
Tortorella won the cup with us a little while back, so i know how good coach he is... 1 playoffs loss not the end of the world, it was just shocking after the best season ever... if it was a 48 win season, noone would have been surprised...
It doesn't mean we were the 16th best team in the 2019 playoffs... every team has counters usually... that year it was Blues+Columbus...
Back one year:in 2018 it was only Washington... until Tampa is not the best team in the playoffs or can't avoid hard matchups like Washington did in 2018, where they had to face the new franchise in the finals... no cup for us... this year we'll see what happens.
I can go back more if you want, vs Chicago in the finals: clearly they were the better team( couple weeks ago i heard why, they semi-cheated on Kane injury = they went over the cap = we were disadvatage in the finals from start - i heard this from an expert how chicago tricked the system to get more players, while Kane weas injured...)

Once the playoffs starts, you know, anything can happen. Just get lucky, peak at the right times, edges & differences are marginal...
I checked yesterday: Right now favorite to win the cup = Colorado.
That's the math by 1 adv stats site:good for them(my 2nd fav team so good for me as well haha, if they do indeed win - but i have my doubts)... we'll see that a team who loses to Los Angeles Kings wins it all, or maybe not...

how is CBJ hopeless.
They are still a playoff team and they still have a deep bench with guys like Foudy coming in next year.
CBJ is going to be a really good team for some time.
17 févr. 2020 à 6 h 44
Banni
It fixes a lot of stuff... Boston(with avs) went almost allin on Coleman... we offered the better deal. Now Boston is allin on Kreider... We'll see how that turns out...

Boston has some cryptonites: Detroit one of them(no joke), maybe you will guess the other...

yeah, you still have a team of forwards under 6' and when the playoffs come teams aren't going to play nice.
It's one thing to be good in the regular season. It's another to win in the playoffs.
They did nothing to address the fact that teams are going to pound on this team and play them physical. And it does work.
Just like the NYI beat the penguins last year.
Boston is no clean team. They will make sure to lay a pounding on TB. They will frustrate them and get under their skin. Much like CBJ did.
It's not like they are ready to deal with that. They aren't. You have to be capable of getting into the mud so to say. TB isn't. There isn't much fight on that team.
17 févr. 2020 à 6 h 51
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
how is CBJ hopeless.
They are still a playoff team and they still have a deep bench with guys like Foudy coming in next year.
CBJ is going to be a really good team for some time.

To win 4 series(vs best teams in the NHL) vs win 1 is completely different things, also making the playoffs is not that hard... 16 teams make it...
Columbus could have a chance by getting 2-3 superstars...but they won't tank for those guys... Well if you want to bet on Columbus, it's your choice, my money is rather on Pittsburgh, NYI, Wash,Philly from metro... i see same percentage for carolina as for Columbus: around 1%(goalie issues for Car) - yeah that's hopeless in my book. Atl:Tampa+Boston only. West: i have no clue.
I can go down on the list Buffalo : 0.1% --> Detroit/Ottawa: 0.0%(obviously)
17 févr. 2020 à 6 h 58
Banni
To win 4 series(vs best teams in the NHL) vs win 1 is completely different things, also making the playoffs is not that hard... 16 teams make it...
Columbus could have a chance by getting 2-3 superstars...but they won't tank for those guys... Well if you want to bet on Columbus, it's your choice, my money is rather on Pittsburgh, NYI, Wash,Philly from metro... i see same percentage for carolina as for Columbus: around 1%(goalie issues for Car) - yeah that's hopeless in my book. Atl:Tampa+Boston only. West: i have no clue.
I can go down on the list Buffalo : 0.1% --> Detroit/Ottawa: 0.0%(obviously)

people like you wrote this team off this year. Yet there they are in the playoffs.
They are a very young team. So to expect them to win a cup already is nonsense.
They are a much better team than you give them credit for and trying to write them off is just nonsense.
Yeah clearly there are some better teams in the league than them right now. But this is a team none of you even expected to be where they are. Yet most people who follow CBJ knew they would be right here. And as they youth keeps coming into this team they will be more and more of a threat. This is the sleeper team to watch next year. Not to make the playoffs again but to make some noise in it.
17 févr. 2020 à 7 h 8
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
yeah, you still have a team of forwards under 6' and when the playoffs come teams aren't going to play nice.
It's one thing to be good in the regular season. It's another to win in the playoffs.
They did nothing to address the fact that teams are going to pound on this team and play them physical. And it does work.
Just like the NYI beat the penguins last year.
Boston is no clean team. They will make sure to lay a pounding on TB. They will frustrate them and get under their skin. Much like CBJ did.
It's not like they are ready to deal with that. They aren't. You have to be capable of getting into the mud so to say. TB isn't. There isn't much fight on that team.

OKAY, just please watch the last Pittsburgh-Tampa game, if you think we don't play physical. Why you think we have Maroon? And Coleman? And Schenn(if needed)...Paquette plays physical as well...
Cernak = brand new style player this year = bad defensively but physical
Serg = insane new style from nowhere = physical + big hits, he literally puts guys down on the ice - last year he didn't do any of that stuff...
Cirelli = not a rookie anymore, good candidate for top5 selke votes... He is slowly becoming the new Bergeron...
Yes there are some players like Kucherov,Johnson,Point,Stamkos who don't do physical stuff, but at least they adopted, and they try to defend as hard as they can...
If you think we are not physical, you will be disappointed...
We just played philly, and it was also physical...
Boston on the other hand is not physical... not vs us. ever...i would take 10 boston matchup in a row vs 4 against any other real physical team... boston has a system, they play defense(+ they have 1 strong line) that's it... when we didn't play defense, we beat them already... now we have a system too... just wait until playoffs... we ain't winning 5-4 anymore... last 20 games our GAA = around 2.0 = we never had that before, even Stamkos is defending now. With Coleman added, you will be surprised in the playoffs. It's not 2019 anymore. We were adopting to a new system, and we were full garbage first few months... now we are not and it shows. We also leading corsi%/xg% and we try to do our best to limit high danger chances for our opponents, we are fine giving up shots, but they must be low danger or medium so Vasi can make the save...
It's a new thing(our system + physical play):
But I agree with you , the real test wil be playoffs: and it's 4 series, so 4 diff opponents. I think we will be ready. We might not win it again, but we will try our best. Last year was not the average result, i hope you know... we are not Florida...(St Louis in January = worst team in the leaague pointwise- in talent level obv not- they underachived until then, then overachieved in playoffs- Berube made wonders) Cooper is out soon, if we don't win at least 2 series... and i bet he knows it...
17 févr. 2020 à 7 h 18
Banni
OKAY, just please watch the last Pittsburgh-Tampa game, if you think we don't play physical. Why you think we have Maroon? And Coleman? And Schenn(if needed)...Paquette plays physical as well...
Cernak = brand new style player this year = bad defensively but physical
Serg = insane new style from nowhere = physical + big hits, he literally puts guys down on the ice - last year he didn't do any of that stuff...
Cirelli = not a rookie anymore, good candidate for top5 selke votes... He is slowly becoming the new Bergeron...
Yes there are some players like Kucherov,Johnson,Point,Stamkos who don't do physical stuff, but at least they adopted, and they try to defend as hard as they can...
If you think we are not physical, you will be disappointed...
We just played philly, and it was also physical...
Boston on the other hand is not physical... not vs us. ever...i would take 10 boston matchup in a row vs 4 against any other real physical team... boston has a system, they play defense(+ they have 1 strong line) that's it... when we didn't play defense, we beat them already... now we have a system too... just wait until playoffs... we ain't winning 5-4 anymore... last 20 games our GAA = around 2.0 = we never had that before, even Stamkos is defending now. With Coleman added, you will be surprised in the playoffs. It's not 2019 anymore. We were adopting to a new system, and we were full garbage first few months... now we are not and it shows. We also leading corsi%/xg% and we try to do our best to limit high danger chances for our opponents, we are fine giving up shots, but they must be low danger or medium so Vasi can make the save...
It's a new thing(our system + physical play):
But I agree with you , the real test wil be playoffs: and it's 4 series, so 4 diff opponents. I think we will be ready. We might not win it again, but we will try our best. Last year was not the average result, i hope you know... we are not Florida...(St Louis in January = worst team in the leaague pointwise- in talent level obv not- they underachived until then, then overachieved in playoffs- Berube made wonders) Cooper is out soon, if we don't win at least 2 series... and i bet he knows it...

If the game against the penguins is what you call physical you don't know what a physical game is.
It wasn't all that physical and frankly that's against a team much like TB that isn't very physical.
You'll figure it out when you have to play a team like the caps, or NYI, or BOS in the playoffs. TB isn't a team built to deal with that.
You'll figure this out shortly when the playoffs start and TB fans will go back to complaining about it all summer.
You go look at your top 2 lines which are going to be on the ice for 2/3 of the game and you'll realize the problem real quickly.
17 févr. 2020 à 7 h 18
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
people like you wrote this team off this year. Yet there they are in the playoffs.
They are a very young team. So to expect them to win a cup already is nonsense.
They are a much better team than you give them credit for and trying to write them off is just nonsense.
Yeah clearly there are some better teams in the league than them right now. But this is a team none of you even expected to be where they are. Yet most people who follow CBJ knew they would be right here. And as they youth keeps coming into this team they will be more and more of a threat. This is the sleeper team to watch next year. Not to make the playoffs again but to make some noise in it.

Okay, if you say they are a threat next year... we'll see the odds in the preseason...
My prediction for 2020/2021 : Columbus = around average % = like 16th in the preseason rankings... idk like 91 points

Just for you i checked this year's predictions: Columbus were:23th, so they just overachieved so far... they were predicted to be 89.2 points...
I still think they won't make the playoffs... But it's a 50-50, we'll see, in that case they wil finish like 18th - close to 23th... still overachieved...
17 févr. 2020 à 7 h 28
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
If the game against the penguins is what you call physical you don't know what a physical game is.
It wasn't all that physical and frankly that's against a team much like TB that isn't very physical.
You'll figure it out when you have to play a team like the caps, or NYI, or BOS in the playoffs. TB isn't a team built to deal with that.
You'll figure this out shortly when the playoffs start and TB fans will go back to complaining about it all summer.
You go look at your top 2 lines which are going to be on the ice for 2/3 of the game and you'll realize the problem real quickly.

But we can add Coleman to the 2nd line, u forgot, than all 3 lines are pretty phyisical.
Let's see: You say we are not phyisical, so can you gave me a rank of physical teams.1 to 31.
In my rough estimation Tampa is right now in top10. On the other Hand Toronto is like Bottom 5. Boston is middle ground like 15th, but i have to think more about that. If you make a list, i'll probably make it as well, if you want.
1-2 is really easy:
1st: St. Louis Blues(our worst matchup this year)
2nd: Washington Capitals(ironacally our 2nd worst)

Hahaha this proves your point... we are matched badly vs physical teams... but u forgot the fact that we are changing... we at least doubled compared to last year the instense+physical games, we are not full attack anymore... you live in the past.... you just don't watch our games...

Maybe you should look up Kassian+one other Edm player vs Cernak incident... who were down both by Cernak on the ice for 5 seconds... Cernak take out 2 guys himself... u probably missed that... yeah if we can add a guy like Ristolainen, it would be good for us... maybe BriseBois will trade for him... The more grit, the better come playoff time, but we definitely trending in the right direction... if we need 1 more year that's ok... we'll see...
17 févr. 2020 à 7 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Good trade for both sides. Coleman is plays a really strong north-south game, using his speed on the forecheck and crashing the net, not to mention he plays with an edge. Good stick in the defensive zone as well, fitting well onto their third line. New Jersey gets a 1st round pick and a prospect with second line upside.

Most likely won’t affect the market for Kreider or Tofolli. Both are rentals and teams will be unwilling to go beyond the 1st/2nd round pick + average prospect that rentals cost.

Definitely wont affect the rental market, but it makes me wonder what they could fetch for Palmieri now...you have to think a better prospect and a higher pick from a team.
17 févr. 2020 à 7 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566

Boston didn't go all-in on Coleman lol. Their main targets still remain Kreider and Palmieri. I'd be willing to bet their interest in Coleman was more to drive the price up for a team like Tampa. Boston needs a true Top 6 winger and Coleman wasn't it.

I don't understand what Detroit has to do with anything. They caught Boston as part of a mini losing streak earlier in the year and this past game Boston was on the 2nd game of a back to back (with travel) while DET was sitting at home with a few days rest. Even with all that Detroit managed a few 1 goal wins (both game had EN to push it 2 goals).
17 févr. 2020 à 9 h 18
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Coleman is underrated, but I did not expect Tampa to trade one of the Footes (Feete).
17 févr. 2020 à 9 h 50
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
I voted that New Jersey wins the deal, simply because they got a ton of value out of a guy who is probably going to be too expensive to keep past next season, but I like this deal from Tampa as well.

I like the player they identified to go after, I think Coleman basically replaces Miller for the rest of this year and next, and that low cap hit is absolutely going to be necessary for this team to deal with their cap crunch next year. I think they paid a lot, but this year it seems like the new rentals are guys with one year left on their deals, and the prices are high.

If this is the market, then I think any team that holds onto a player with 1 year of term who doesn't fit into their long term plan could be missing a huge opportunity if they don't move them.
17 févr. 2020 à 10 h 9
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Modifié 17 févr. 2020 à 10 h 14
Quoting: ON3M4N
Boston didn't go all-in on Coleman lol. Their main targets still remain Kreider and Palmieri. I'd be willing to bet their interest in Coleman was more to drive the price up for a team like Tampa. Boston needs a true Top 6 winger and Coleman wasn't it.

I don't understand what Detroit has to do with anything. They caught Boston as part of a mini losing streak earlier in the year and this past game Boston was on the 2nd game of a back to back (with travel) while DET was sitting at home with a few days rest. Even with all that Detroit managed a few 1 goal wins (both game had EN to push it 2 goals).

It was a 5 game winning streak in the Detroit vs Boston matchup, but yeah sure... i hope you have excuses for all 5 matches... not that i care...

Palmieri, really, i thought he is not on the trade block? Are New Jersey Devils selling everyone? Maybe if Boston get's Vatanen+Palmieri, i will be scared smile It will be close then...

The thing is: He talked about Boston beating us 4-2 ---> i replied nope, we are beating them around 4-2 with a fairly comfortable all 6 matches are close, but vs Boston you can have a really easy strat vs them, and Cooper always uses it!
You just shutdown the Pasternak line = around 2-3 goals / game... they can't shut us down = 3/4 goals/game
End result: 4-3 win tampa / 3-2 win tampa
That's the average result. It can be 3-3,2-2,1-1,4-4... sometimes Bruins wins 5-2 when Boston scores 3 on the powerplay, but since we have Coleman, it will be even harder for Pasternak to score that power play goal...
You could say Boston needs to use line shuffles, but i don't think your coach used that strategy too much vs us... It's Pasta-Berg--March--> x-Krejci-Debrusk---> x = Kreider?

i just checked this matchup stats for the other guy, it's not for you but you can read it as well if u want...

So, last 12 games played:
Tampa 10 wins
Boston 2 wins

This is including a playoff series which was fairly straightforward, no real chance for Boston to win.I remember clearly the dirty tactics Marchand uses like "licking"... it has no effect on us...

But you will say, they will add Kreider, so they will be deadly. Yes vs other teams...
But we already added Coleman, who is a truly top-6 winger(in the playoffs you will see how good he is, we got him for playoffs, we don't need him for reg season... 105 points or 120 noone cares anymore...), there was no joking on Boston's side.
They bid with a 1st round pick(+ maybe much worse prospect), just like Colorado. We gave the best pick(Vancouver's) + best prospect. Boston's pick = like 29th-30th (+ idk which prospect), but probably not better than Foote, who had a good junior tournaments, and puts up a lot of points in junior levels... If we don't have the Vancouver pick, Coleman probably goes to Colorado for a little less...
Yes you're right since Boston had more targets, maybe they wouldn't even outbid Colorado's offer... They just stopped at 1st round (+ mediocre B prospect.) Foote is a pretty good one.Although he can be a bust still, you never know...

You guys have to undersand:
Tampa is the king of the atlantic. It's not just Boston, we beat all those teams in the atlantic...

The problem is when we go vs Central = we suffer.(fortunately it's only in the finals vs central teams, until then pacific team can make it smile )
The usual problem for us vs metro = painful physical matches mostly. But we are more prepared for it, than last 5 years, so we'll see if we can beat the metro teams this time or we lose again.

I think we can outskill NYI, but maybe they outgrind us... last game we played against them was not that hard... they had 5-10 scoring chances/ match.
When NYI scores 5 goals from 10 chances they win... When they score 1/10 they lose.
Usually we never go under 15 scoring chances = much higher % to win. It's not bad shots i'm talking about, where u block a shot or a random redirection which misses the net. It's real chances like a 2 on 1 or a 1/3 empty net... or a prime area close shot... or powerplay onetimers...
Islanders won vs us first 2 matches this season: But they were fresh and we were experimenting with a new system for a long time...
Now at the end of season their big heavy players will be tired. Remember St. Louis only started to play in January... Before that they were coasting... Islanders started to play October super hard... I don't want Tampa vs NYI, but i won't be that scared... with Coleman, we can beat them... Although Barry Trotz outcoaches Cooper, so i rather avoid NYI...

Washington is usually goes bad for us, so i hope someone upsets them... If not that's a 50-50(with Coleman)... someone will win 4-3, it's probably them though... Ovechkin seems to be on fire again this year, like multiple hattricks...
The rest of the matchups are fairly winnable for tampa... I don't think we lose vs Carolina/Philly. My darkhorse this year is philly so u can never know, they beat like 7-2 sometimes top teams, then they lose vs new jersey 0-5... we are 2-0 vs Philly.1 more to go this year.

We went 3-0 vs Pittsburgh this year all 3 close matches... But Pittsburgh is 10 times harder matchup, than the Boston one... We cannot really stop Crosby+Malkin so they always can score goals,even in last minutes... no wonder they won 3 cups... healthy Pittsbugh vs Tampa would be a dream matchup for all the fans... Really amazing games... if Guentzel is not there, the odds are on our side vs them though...

Other than Boston, no team is threat to Tampa in atlantic in the playoffs(we won't lose vs Tor/Flo)... I could see a series where Boston wins 4-3 second round vs tampa.... but it's highly unlikely based on past history... and if Boston adds Kreider, noone will underestimate them... But it will be an upset if Boston wins. The bookies will favour Tampa for sure...Like 55-45. Especially if Tampa wins pres trophy... + home ice...
If that matchup happens, it will be fun for sure, as every Boston-Tampa game is exciting...
If Boston wins, i won't even be upset, just accept they were the better team. On the other hand if tampa loses 2-4 vs Carolina/Philly, you can bet every tampa fan will call for Cooper's head...

All-in all, first we need to see the trades/injuries for the rest of the season. Hedman's injury last year ruined our chance on minute 1...(excluding all other factors for the cup)
He is our most important player in playoffs... without him our defense was bottom 10 in the NHL...
Turns out, when you win the Norris ---> You're really good...
I hope we will be healthy this time, so we can go deep. If you guys disagree, it's okay... we'll see if tampa fails hard or finally we make the breakthrough.
I hope Coleman will be the X-factor for our success, just like BriseBois gave up that much to get him wink
If not, you guys can laugh all summer... like usual... and tampa fans will be mad ofc... i won't, it cannot be worse, than last year hahahaaa rolling eyes
17 févr. 2020 à 10 h 14
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,752
What was Tampa thinking?
Need to use assets to move their contracts not this.
17 févr. 2020 à 10 h 17
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
It was a 5 game winning streak in the Detroit vs Boston matchup, but yeah sure... i hope you have excuses for all 5 matches... not that i care...

Palmieri, really, i thought he is not on the trade block? Are New Jersey Devils selling everyone? Maybe if Boston get's Vatanen+Palmieri, i will be scared smile It will be close then...

The thing is: He talked about Boston beating us 4-2 ---> i replied nope, we are beating them around 4-2 with a fairly comfortable all 6 matches are close, but vs Boston you can have a really easy strat vs them, and Cooper always uses it!
You just shutdown the Pasternak line = around 2-3 goals / game... they can't shut us down = 3/4 goals/game
End result: 4-3 win tampa / 3-2 win tampa
That's the average result. It can be 3-3,2-2,1-1,4-4... sometimes Bruins wins 5-2 when Boston scores 3 on the powerplay, but since we have Coleman, it will be even harder for Pasternak to score that power play goal...
You could say Boston needs to use line shuffles, but i don't think your coach used that strategy too much vs us... It's Pasta-Berg--March--> x-Krejci-Debrusk---> x = Kreider?

i just checked this matchup stats for the other guy, it's not for you but you can read it as well if u want...

So, last 12 games played:
Tampa 10 wins
Boston 2 wins

This is including a playoff series which was fairly straightforward, no real chance for Boston to win.I remember clearly the dirty tactics Marchand uses like "licking"... it has no effect on us...

But you will say, they will add Kreider, so they will be deadly. Yes vs other teams...
But we already added Coleman, who is a truly top-6 winger(in the playoffs you will see how good he is, we got him for playoffs, we don't need him for reg season... 105 points or 120 noone cares anymore...), there was no joking on Boston's side.
They bid with a 1st round pick(+ maybe much worse prospect), just like Colorado. We gave the best pick(Vancouver's) + best prospect. Boston's pick = like 29th-30th (+ idk which prospect), but probably not better than Foote, who had a good junior tournaments, and puts up a lot of points in junior levels... If we don't have the Vancouver pick, Coleman probably goes to Colorado for a little less...
Yes you're right since Boston had more targets, maybe they wouldn't even outbid Colorado's offer... They just stopped at 1st round (+ mediocre B prospect.) Foote is a pretty good one.Although he can be a bust still, you never know...

You guys have to undersand:
Tampa is the king of the atlantic. It's not just Boston, we beat all those teams in the atlantic...

The problem is when we go vs Central = we suffer.(fortunately it's only in the finals vs central teams, until then pacific team can make it smile )
The usual problem for us vs metro = painful physical matches mostly. But we are more prepared for it, than last 5 years, so we'll see if we can beat the metro teams this time or we lose again.

I think we can outskill NYI, but maybe they outgrind us... last game we played against them was not that hard... they had 5-10 scoring chances/ match.
When NYI scores 5 goals from 10 chances they win... When they score 1/10 they lose.
Usually we never go under 15 scoring chances = much higher % to win. It's not bad shots i'm talking about, where u block a shot or a random redirection which misses the net. It's real chances like a 2 on 1 or a 1/3 empty net... or a prime area close shot... or powerplay onetimers...
Islanders won vs us first 2 matches this season: But they were fresh and we were experimenting with a new system for a long time...
Now at the end of season their big heavy players will be tired. Remember St. Louis only started to play in January... Before that they were coasting... Islanders started to play October super hard... I don't want Tampa vs NYI, but i won't be that scared... with Coleman, we can beat them... Although Barry Trotz outcoaches Cooper, so i rather avoid NYI...

Washington is usually goes bad for us, so i hope someone upsets them... If not that's a 50-50(with Coleman)... someone will win 4-3, it's probably them though... Ovechkin seems to be on fire again this year, like multiple hattricks...
The rest of the matchups are fairly winnable for tampa... I don't think we lose vs Carolina/Philly. My darkhorse this year is philly so u can never know, they beat like 7-2 sometimes top teams, then they lose vs new jersey 0-5... we are 2-0 vs Philly.1 more to go this year.

We went 3-0 vs Pittsburgh this year all 3 close matches... But Pittsburgh is 10 times harder matchup, than the Boston one... We cannot really stop Crosby+Malkin so they always can score goals,even in last minutes... no wonder they won 3 cups... healthy Pittsbugh vs Tampa would be a dream matchup for all the fans... Really amazing games... if Guentzel is not there, the odds are on our side vs them though...

Other than Boston, no team is threat to Tampa in atlantic in the playoffs(we won't lose vs Tor/Flo)... I could see a series where Boston wins 4-3 second round vs tampa.... but it's highly unlikely based on past history... and if Boston adds Kreider, noone will underestimate them... But it will be an upset if Boston wins. The bookies will favour Tampa for sure...Like 55-45. Especially if Tampa wins pres trophy... + home ice...
If that matchup happens, it will be fun for sure, as every Boston-Tampa game is exciting...
If Boston wins, i won't even be upset, just accept they were the better team. On the other hand if tampa loses 2-4 vs Carolina/Philly, you can bet every tampa fan will call for Cooper's head...

All-in all, first we need to see the trades/injuries for the rest of the seaon. Hedman's injury last year ruined our chance on minute 1...(excluding all other factors for the cup)
He is our most important player in playoffs... without him our defense was bottom 10 in the NHL...
Turns out, when you win the Norris ---> You're really good...
I hope we will be healthy this time, so we can go deep. If you guys disagree, it's okay... we'll see if tampa fails hard or finally we make the breakthrough.
I hope Coleman will be the X-factor for our success, just like BriseBois gave up that much to get him wink
If not, you guys can laugh all summer... like usual... and tampa fans will be mad ofc... i won't, it cannot be worse, than last year hahahaaa rolling eyes

There's a lot here and none of it had to do with my post. IDK where you're getting a 5 game winning streak from because Boston lost to MTL before facing Detroit in their first match-up of the year. Its great that you're excited about your team, but a 3rd liner isn't the make or break guy in a playoff run.
17 févr. 2020 à 10 h 19
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Modifié 17 févr. 2020 à 11 h 25
Quoting: Trickster
What was Tampa thinking?
Need to use assets to move their contracts not this.

I don't think we need assets to move any contract. Which player are you thinking is that bad? Even if it's low return, i'm confident we can get back assets for anybody. We don't have 40 year old players with 6 mill $ caphits...

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage