SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Why is Torts not being talked about for Jack Adams more?

12 févr. 2020 à 9 h 45
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
I listened to hockey radio/ podcasts almost daily. Atleast 3/5 hockey central at noon, and more throughout the week (We can count spittin chiclets but not really, more funny then info full).

Anyways; like for example I heard Cooper again, where like when I just look at the Blue Jackets roster; yes he’s been getting great goaltending but you still need a team infront and that teams been gaming for months now and grinding their way to the playoffs when we all counted them out in the summer. The injuries he’s dealing with currently and been dealing with throughout the year is crazy. His roster was blown up by the injury bug on a already picked apart roster from the offseason.

I’m not even a fan of CBJ but he’d be my vote for Jack Adams.
Zetna a aimé ceci.
12 févr. 2020 à 10 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: yikes
I listened to hockey radio/ podcasts almost daily. Atleast 3/5 hockey central at noon, and more throughout the week (We can count spittin chiclets but not really, more funny then info full).

Anyways; like for example I heard Cooper again, where like when I just look at the Blue Jackets roster; yes he’s been getting great goaltending but you still need a team infront and that teams been gaming for months now and grinding their way to the playoffs when we all counted them out in the summer. The injuries he’s dealing with currently and been dealing with throughout the year is crazy. His roster was blown up by the injury bug on a already picked apart roster from the offseason.

I’m not even a fan of CBJ but he’d be my vote for Jack Adams.

Its cuz they arent really above the pack in the eastern conference, its just that strong right now. I feel like jack adams typically goes to bounce back teams or teams that just kill it. Keefe should be in consideration. Stars coach should be in consideration. You cant discount what sullivan has done with that team with all the injuries pitt has so you can add him into the mix. add in the garbage pacific vancouver and edmonton teams that will get consideration even though they shouldnt. youve already got a crowded list.
yikes a aimé ceci.
12 févr. 2020 à 10 h 40
Démarrer sujet
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: hanson493
Its cuz they arent really above the pack in the eastern conference, its just that strong right now. I feel like jack adams typically goes to bounce back teams or teams that just kill it. Keefe should be in consideration. Stars coach should be in consideration. You cant discount what sullivan has done with that team with all the injuries pitt has so you can add him into the mix. add in the garbage pacific vancouver and edmonton teams that will get consideration even though they shouldnt. youve already got a crowded list.

True I have Sullivan very high. I would have torts and sully and then Keefe/stars
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
12 févr. 2020 à 11 h 1
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,690
I hear a lot about him winning it. Not sure anyone is doubting he is a strong candidate.

I think he wins it if:
- Pittsburgh doesn't go past the second round.
- Columbus makes the playoffs.
- No other coach does something spectacular. i:e Berube last year with STL.
12 févr. 2020 à 11 h 7
Démarrer sujet
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: F50marco
I hear a lot about him winning it. Not sure anyone is doubting he is a strong candidate.

I think he wins it if:

I feel like Sullivan definitely will be his strongest competition.

Maybe tippet if Ari makes it but I don’t see them doing so.

I do think it’ll be a good “race to watch” and by that I mean I think Columbus will once again play do or die hockey until the final day which is always fun to watch
12 févr. 2020 à 11 h 22
Quoting: yikes
I feel like Sullivan definitely will be his strongest competition.

Maybe tippet if Ari makes it but I don’t see them doing so.

I do think it’ll be a good “race to watch” and by that I mean I think Columbus will once again play do or die hockey until the final day which is always fun to watch

Tocchet is in Arizona and should have no business winning i this year even if they sneak into the playoffs. IMO.

By the definition of the Trophy, Torts should win it regardless of Sullivan and the Pens. Pittsburgh even without Crosby is still a better team than Columbus is on paper. There was literally no reason to believe Columbus would be able to win as much as they have. Pittsburgh has been a good team without Crosby in the past. Too many veterans who've been there before for them to waste away at the sight of Crosby going down and if you look at history, Pittsburgh has always rallied when Crosby gets hurt. Malkin goes in beast mode. Goaltending all of a sudden isn't a problem anymore. Unlikely hero's emerge like Rust. etc etc etc.

Pittsburgh lost Crosby for most of the season so far. Columbus lost their Vezina winning goalie (Bobrovsky), top 10 producing point getter (Panarin), top center (Duchene), one of their depth scoring wingers (Dzingel), traded away a guy that has more goals this year than anyone on their current team (Duclair) and their 2nd and 4th highest point getters from last year are having down years (Atkinson and Anderson). All while only adding Nyquist as a major UFA name and a prospect but he name of Elvis came out of nowhere.

Yeah Sullivan deserves some credit for how the Pens have dealt with adversity but there isn't a more deserving winner this year IMO than Tortorella.
yikes a aimé ceci.
12 févr. 2020 à 13 h 33
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: F50marco

I think he wins it if:

Wouldn’t that Pittsburgh thing with the second round not be valid because the voting takes place before the playoffs. If it took place after the playoffs, the cup winning coach would win every year, either way, I think Sullivan should win this year
Brian2016 et mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
12 févr. 2020 à 13 h 43
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Wouldn’t that Pittsburgh thing with the second round not be valid because the voting takes place before the playoffs. If it took place after the playoffs, the cup winning coach would win every year, either way, I think Sullivan should win this year

Is it? I didn't realize that! If that's the case then yeah it should be a slam dunk for Torts IMO as long as they look like they will make the playoffs by the time the vote happens. If they are not playoff bound, then as of right now I would vote Sullivan also.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2020 à 0 h 31
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
My picks:
1st Place: Mike Sullivan
2nd Place: Barry Trotz
3rd Place: Paul Maurice

Likely Finalists:
1. Sullivan
2. Tippett
3. Torts

I don't like this award at all. It's always given to the coach who exceeds expectations by the greatest margin or who overcomes the most adversity (injuries). That doesn't necessarily mean he's the best coach that season. How many coaches have won the Adams and then been fired shortly thereafter? If it was really about who's the best coach in the league, the same 5 guys would be at the top of the list season after season.
16 févr. 2020 à 16 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
If CBJ makes the playoffs, I could see Torts winning it. If not, Sullivan 100% deserves it. Torts and Sullivan are running away with it right now

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage