SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

A message to Sabres fans.

7 févr. 2020 à 9 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
I am sorry. I am truly and deeply sorry that the team continues to disappoint. The owners are bad, the gm is clueless, the coach has some tools to work with but only seems to use eichel correctly... If any of you need someone to talk to during these abysmal times all other fan bases are here to welcome you onto the bandwagon until the sabres can figure their crap out.

Sincerely, NHL fans everywhere.
7 févr. 2020 à 10 h 9
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
We don’t have any words and we know you don’t want to hear them.

We understand your anger, your frustration, your sadness. Everything you’re feeling – we get it.

This isn’t the ending we imagined, and certainly not the one we wanted. Thank you for being there the entire way.
krakowitz et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
7 févr. 2020 à 16 h 30
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Skinner+Okposo=$15M AAV down the drain before they even drop the puck. Ouch!

At least Okposo will be UFA in just 4 short years.
7 févr. 2020 à 16 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: Brian2016
Skinner+Okposo=$15M AAV down the drain before they even drop the puck. Ouch!

At least Okposo will be UFA in just 4 short years.

cant see him not being an ltir candidate if he gets one more concussion...
7 févr. 2020 à 19 h 40
Quoting: hanson493
cant see him not being an ltir candidate if he gets one more concussion...

Are things that bad in BUF that the fans should root for a guy to get hurt enough that he never plays again? Haha!
8 févr. 2020 à 15 h 45
Sniper
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: Brian2016
Are things that bad in BUF that the fans should root for a guy to get hurt enough that he never plays again? Haha!

Great point, sad state of affairs. Most of the issues root back to poor upper management decisions. Drafts, trades, roster composition - they have zero identity. They could have kept Kane and O'Reilly, and O'kposo would be the grit needed, plus a solid 45 pts per year, but his concussion issue will never let that happen at this point - he should be what Jordan Staal is. Defense has always been an afterthought. I feel like I'm kicking a guy when he's down, ugh
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
8 févr. 2020 à 21 h 55
Quoting: SniperViper
Great point, sad state of affairs. Most of the issues root back to poor upper management decisions. Drafts, trades, roster composition - they have zero identity. They could have kept Kane and O'Reilly, and O'kposo would be the grit needed, plus a solid 45 pts per year, but his concussion issue will never let that happen at this point - he should be what Jordan Staal is. Defense has always been an afterthought. I feel like I'm kicking a guy when he's down, ugh

I've always felt very strongly about the following idea: Never go out and overpay UFA's until you're ready to contend, if at all. BUF was never gonna be a contender this season. Signing Skinner at $9M AAV was a big mistake. It was desperation, plain and simple. They continue to make this same old mistake time after time. Moulson, Okposo, Skinner, etc...All the while they're a bottom tier team. The Okposo signing was also terrible, but for different reasons. And like you say, the concussions have decimated his career.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage