SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR/LAK) - Moore, 2020 3rd round pick, Conditionial 2021 3rd round pick for Campbell, Clifford

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

6 févr. 2020 à 0 h 50
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Modifié 6 févr. 2020 à 0 h 57
Quoting: Jarvis
Look through the draft board. 3rd round picks arent that valuable. Its not that often that 3rd round picks end up making the NHL.
Leafs have a log jam on their LW depth chart and Moore hasnt been anything that special since returning from injury.

Actually one will be 2nd.....even Hutchinson will make it 6 this year and they will for sure resign Clifford for half of Hymans price......they set conditions badly from TML side.....
6 févr. 2020 à 0 h 51
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,512
Modifié 6 févr. 2020 à 0 h 59
Quoting: HabsForEver
We can all come back to this in 3 months time and we can see just how wrong you were.

We can come back in 3yrs time and see that Moore and the two draft picks never amounted to anything too.

The leafs needed an upgrade at backup G and to add some heft and grit back into the bottom six. They had very little cap space to work with.

They dealt away from a position of a strength (young bottom 6 forward) to acquire both those needs while keeping under the cap.

That isn’t a loss. It’s called addressing a team need. Teams trading for Georgiev are going to be looking (and paying) for him to be a starter. The leafs, thankfully, weren’t in that market.

No on here is expecting Campbell to be a saviour. Dubas paid a small price to make a minor upgrade. It’s neither a big W nor a big L. But it is a smart upgrade
oneX, GenXHockey, OldNYIfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 1 h 19
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: oneX
Remember the days when people on here were trading Kapanen or Johnsson+ for Georgiev or Campbell or DeSmith? I'm sure I missed a few goalies there...but do you remember those ACGMs?

Wait...there were a few just hours ago.
There's a point in this post...can you figure it out or do you need spoon feeding?

no one was seriously looking at Kap one for one for a goalie.
There is a point to this post or maybe you need your ego knocked down a few pegs with your rude as hell post.

Just because a few people trolled you doesn't give you the reason to be a total jackass.

And there is no way around what I said here being true.
Goavs141 a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 1 h 29
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619
Quoting: pharrow
no one was seriously looking at Kap one for one for a goalie.
There is a point to this post or maybe you need your ego knocked down a few pegs with your rude as hell post.

Just because a few people trolled you doesn't give you the reason to be a total jackass.

And there is no way around what I said here being true.

Sure...keep telling yourself that. Fans of other teams call Leafs fans delusional all the time, that can't be rude at all but this is.

So cool to pass those Kapanen/Johnsson ACGMs not serious. Just goes to show how out to lunch people are on player values.
6 févr. 2020 à 1 h 35
Formerly Jamiepo
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
@OldNYIfan well... we sent Moore home. Enjoy him.
OldNYIfan et SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 1 h 45
No regretzkys
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 389
It's bad because you gave up 3 future pieces and didn't even get what you truly needed.

Campbell has 58 games played in the NHL. Kapanen or Johnsson were involved in trades for a goalie that would've replaced Andersen in the long term. It's common sense.

Campbell is far better than Hutch. You are a sad sad Habs fan.
oneX, OldNYIfan et SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 3 h 20
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,023
Quoting: Random2152
Well that was quick lol.

First rule of Leafs trades:
If they are in many rumours, they won't be a Leaf. If they were in a few rumours and hardly mentioned, they most certainly will be.
Interested in seeing how it works out! Can't go much worse lol.

Actually it was campbell
6 févr. 2020 à 3 h 27
Quoting: Jamiepo
@OldNYIfan well... we sent Moore home. Enjoy him.

Hehe, my first tought also......
GenXHockey, oneX et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 3 h 39
Modifié 6 févr. 2020 à 3 h 52
Quoting: MadLin27
Campbell is far better than Hutch. You are a sad sad Habs fan.

I wouldnt go that far, Hutchinson put pretty decent numbers at his start, but now hes ruined, lets wait and see if Campbell will keep his pace, cause those things are pretty much risky with Goalies...been so and will remain.....

I agree on second sentence tho....
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 3 h 43
Majors and minors
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 44
Quoting: CoraStorm
Neither Toronto player has contract beyond this yr n Campbell will probably want more than league min. On the other hand, frees Moore from Toronto market n gives LA chance for 2nd round player. They still have to fix their defence and coming from an Otts fan I hope they don't.

Campbell's costing 3.3 over 2 21-22
6 févr. 2020 à 5 h 4
i hope ur hungry now
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 978
Quoting: CoraStorm
Campbell's costing 3.3 over 2 21-22

That's not that bad for a guy that had .918 career totals on the worst team in the league
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 7 h 31
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Trading a young 4th liner on a controllable contract for an old slow UFA 4th liner.

Trading 2 3rd round picks (Who knows what the conditions are) for a fringe NHL backup.

Leafs don't win this trade.

Hutch was soft last night. Just terrible. Dubas had to pull the trigger. Desperate times.
6 févr. 2020 à 7 h 33
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,700
Quoting: Jarvis
Look through the draft board. 3rd round picks arent that valuable. Its not that often that 3rd round picks end up making the NHL.
Leafs have a log jam on their LW depth chart and Moore hasnt been anything that special since returning from injury.

But one of the 3rd's could well upgrade to a 2nd - and that has some value.
6 févr. 2020 à 7 h 50
habs_fan
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 690
like its a bad trade for toronto but its also like 2 3rds its not that big of a lose or a big deal
6 févr. 2020 à 7 h 51
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,566
Good to see TOR actually add some toughness to the team. Maybe his game will rub off on some of the other guys (the entire roster) who play soft.
exo2769, Rodzikhockey93 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 7 h 57
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,632
Modifié 6 févr. 2020 à 8 h 8
WOW, sets the stage for 1st rounders to get tossed around for actual backup goalies. This is pretty terrible value for TOR. Yes, they got tougher. But that's it! a 2nd and 3rd for that?!?! VERY arguable whether they got a backup goalie or not. We can make fun of LAK for being a bad team overall, but their defense is FAR superior to what Jack's about to walk in to.
6 févr. 2020 à 8 h 33
I hate this team
Mentions "j'aime": 467
Finally!! A trade!!
6 févr. 2020 à 9 h 11
Still a Leafs Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 661
His whole 58 NHL games will finally provide the Leafs with that much needed reliable backup xD

As an honorary member of this site and one of the prestigious accounts to this site I think its best you step away from the argument. Your points were silly and your attitude stinks. I think a timeout to the hbforums for a bit will help control yourself and give you some time to self reflect where you can embrace your silly antics.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 9 h 12
Still a Leafs Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 661
Quoting: ON3M4N
Good to see TOR actually add some toughness to the team. Maybe his game will rub off on some of the other guys (the entire roster) who play soft.

Nice to see a rival fan realize the value this trade provides.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 9 h 16
Habs/Pens fan
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 273
This trade gives Toronto the needs of physical presences and a back up goalie but is the cost worth it? Debatable.
6 févr. 2020 à 9 h 16
Tspky
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 980
Quoting: RandyLahey
Someone tell me how you idiots think the Kings won this trade?

if it didn't have the conditional 2nd idk if it would have.. but a 2nd, 3rd and bottom six player for a 28+ backup goalie with less than 60 games played is a pretty hefty price.. i thought it was a pretty fair trade until the condition came out.. if it gets met it'll be an over-payment by the leafs (although the trade does fill a need and that's what happens when you push for a cup)
6 févr. 2020 à 9 h 22
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 30
Desperate move by Dubas. Never a good sign when your gm is scrambling for a "good goalie" while his team not providing their current goalies with good defensive play is the real issue. Maybe Campbell steps in and finds his confidence behind this offense first team, but that's a big maybe.

The trade is a win for the Kings because they got more than just one 3rd and possibly even a 2nd. Leafs aren't a contender so they shouldn't be shipping off their futures so wasteful like this.
gregb569 a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 9 h 37
Banni
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9
Quoting: Spanky227
if it didn't have the conditional 2nd idk if it would have.. but a 2nd, 3rd and bottom six player for a 28+ backup goalie with less than 60 games played is a pretty hefty price.. i thought it was a pretty fair trade until the condition came out.. if it gets met it'll be an over-payment by the leafs (although the trade does fill a need and that's what happens when you push for a cup)

Quoting: Spanky227

Considering those 3rd round picks may never make the NHL and what Clifford means to the Kings I still say it's a bad trade for the Kings. Clifford was our heart and soul guy along with Doughty. You guys could of had Campbell for free, he sucks.
hanson493 a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 10 h 2
gregb569
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 390
Quoting: Random2152
Hmmmmmm... This could be very good. And I am not even a fan of Campbell. Fair deal.
EQEFEbxXsAAHIx7?format=png&name=900x900
EQEFEbwXYAAHwF2?format=png&name=4096x4096

you're too much with these stats.. have you ever worn a pair of skates? be honest
RandyLahey a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 10 h 7
gregb569
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 390
Quoting: mondo
It's incredibly pathetic that you donate so much time, effort and memory to a hockey forum that you feel the need to go through mountains of logs to prove you're right about something nonsensical on the internet.

Please, next time you get into a spat with me, which will be in a week because all you do here is incite arguments and fights; remind me of this topic so I can just repost this.

I mean you keep on arguing with him so clearly you're donating tons of time too

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage