SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(TOR/LAK) - Moore, 2020 3rd round pick, Conditionial 2021 3rd round pick for Campbell, Clifford

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 13
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: Laudan
So adorable you are.....

Thanks
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 13
Epiman2
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 28
This trade seems fair BUT I am getting the feeling with this move the leafs aren’t done yet. Still have to get the defence sorted AND get rid of the AHL goalie clog (with four goalies). It will be interesting to see what Dubas does next.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 15
Quoting: Epiman2
This trade seems fair BUT I am getting the feeling with this move the leafs aren’t done yet. Still have to get the defence sorted AND get rid of the AHL goalie clog (with four goalies). It will be interesting to see what Dubas does next.

Send Hutchinson back down and hopefully 1 of the 4 get hot so the baby Laughs can try and make the playoffs.
gregb569 a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 18
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
Quoting: SmugTkachuk
If you’re willing to call Moore for Clifford a wash which I don’t think it is, Moore is the better player with a more attractive future and controllability, then you are left with Campbell for potentially two thirds, which doesn’t seem great either. I think that Toronto gave up the two best assets in the trade in Moore and a sure thing 2020 3rd.

Moore for Clifford is a wash. Toronto's got a ton of replacements for him. He's got the upside but it's the price for the retained salary, which is.

Depending on the condition, it would be a third for Campbell then.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 21
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619
Quoting: Baphomet
Blake Fleeced Dubas big time.

So this is where I remind you how 95% of Leafs ACGMs which had backup goalie trades, had Kapanen or Johnsson (some even had both) going the other way.

Based on that, how is this bad? Sure giving up picks hurts but the Leafs were going to have to give up something.

The stupidity that goes on this site never ends...
Trickster, MadLin27, GenXHockey and 3 others a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 23
Quoting: oneX
So this is where I remind you how 95% of Leafs ACGMs which had backup goalie trades, had Kapanen or Johnsson (some even had both) going the other way.

Based on that, how is this bad? Sure giving up picks hurts but the Leafs were going to have to give up something.

It's bad because you gave up 3 future pieces and didn't even get what you truly needed.

Campbell has 58 games played in the NHL. Kapanen or Johnsson were involved in trades for a goalie that would've replaced Andersen in the long term. It's common sense.
Brian2016 et gregb569 a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 25
Condition on the 3rd round pick is it upgrades to a 2nd depending on if Clifford resigns or Campbell plays a certain amount of games.

THE TRADE GETS WORSE HAHAHAH
gregb569 a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 25
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,752
Cost wise this is acceptable, I really really like Moore so I am biased which I think means this trade is more than fair.

Leaf hater gonna hate always, what else are they gonna do?!?!
oneX et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 26
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559

What bothers me is Campbell's 1,6M next year.......will cut into D budget....Dubarelli should made them retain on Campbell somehow ( from next year on )
Trickster a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 26
Banni
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 733
Quoting: mondo
Moore for Clifford is a wash. Toronto's got a ton of replacements for him. He's got the upside but it's the price for the retained salary, which is.

Depending on the condition, it would be a third for Campbell then.

Depending on the condition it could be a 2nd and a 3rd for Campbell.
rebecca et gregb569 a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 26
torontos finest
Quoting: HabsForEver
It's bad because you gave up 3 future pieces and didn't even get what you truly needed.

Campbell has 58 games played in the NHL. Kapanen or Johnsson were involved in trades for a goalie that would've replaced Andersen in the long term. It's common sense.

Everyone on this website says the Leafs need a backup and grit.

The Leafs traded for a backup and a gritty forward.

I'm not sure how Moore and two unknowns are the most necessary pieces to the Leafs future.
Trickster, oneX, Random2152 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 26
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619

Yes because without giving up something the Leafs were magically going to get a backup goalie...

Just quit while you can...before you look like a bigger fool than you look right now.
Trickster et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 27
Everyone on this website says the Leafs need a backup and grit.

The Leafs traded for a backup and a gritty forward.

I'm not sure how Moore and two unknowns are the most necessary pieces to the Leafs future.

They traded for a fringe NHL back up goalie who I'm sure you will be dissapointed with before the trade deadlines rolls over. Clifford is a washed up 4th liner.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 28
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,752
Yes because without giving up something the Leafs were magically going to get a backup goalie...

Just quit while you can...before you look like a bigger fool than you look right now.

Amen.
oneX et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 28

No, you trade for a quality backup goalie instead of a 28 YO that has played 58 career games. This isn't the trade that will get the Leafs back into the playoffs.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 29
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922

If you think the Georgiev ACGMs solve the future goalie problem then I have some news for you. Georgiev has 67 games of experience with poor GAA/SV% (I know he played for the Rangers, but Leafs aren't great defensively either).
I think the price was high (big Moore fan), but before you run Dubas out of town let's see how Campbell/Clifford do in Toronto
oneX, Trickster et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 29
torontos finest
Quoting: SmugTkachuk
Depending on the condition it could be a 2nd and a 3rd for Campbell.

So it's a guaranteed third. Not a big fan of that.

No, you trade for a quality backup goalie instead of a 28 YO that has played 58 career games. This isn't the trade that will get the Leafs back into the playoffs.

Go to bed.
oneX et Trickster a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 31
So it's a guaranteed third. Not a big fan of that.

Go to bed.

We can all come back to this in 3 months time and we can see just how wrong you were.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 34
torontos finest
We can all come back to this in 3 months time and we can see just how wrong you were.

I'm not going to remember this topic in 3 months, so enjoy having this discussion in the back of your head for a quarter of a year.
oneX, Trickster, OldNYIfan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 35
I'm not going to remember this topic in 3 months, so enjoy having this discussion in the back of your head for a quarter of a year.

I won't even remember this trade tomorrow. It's just good reference for next time I say something you disagree with. Leafs are going to miss the playoffs and they are still giving up futures for rentals grin
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 37
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 543
Dubas gonna Dubas

I love that he's the GM of Toronto

Is this a criticism or a compliment?
SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 38
Quoting: drewjenks
Is this a criticism or a compliment?

It's pretty obvious.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 39
torontos finest
I won't even remember this trade tomorrow. It's just good reference for next time I say something you disagree with. Leafs are going to miss the playoffs and they are still giving up futures for rentals grin

So you won't remember this topic tomorrow, but you'll reference it in the future? I'm sorry?
oneX, Trickster et SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 40
So you won't remember this topic tomorrow, but you'll reference it in the future? I'm sorry?

I won't remember the trade, but it's good evidence I can look at in say 6 months time when someone says I have no idea what I'm talking about (you in this case). Go back and look at trades 2-3 years ago and you'll see, I'm right on about 90% of them.
5 févr. 2020 à 23 h 42
torontos finest
I won't remember the trade, but it's good evidence I can look at in say 6 months time when someone says I have no idea what I'm talking about (you in this case). Go back and look at trades 2-3 years ago and you'll see, I'm right on about 90% of them.

So you're going to remember this topic.
Trickster et SpaghettiPasta a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage