Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,866
Quoting: weird_flex_but_ok
Probably bad because hes a cancer

That’s why I’m asking for his value
5 févr. 2020 à 10 h 43
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,514
Offensive defense with lots of upside, still young and expansion exempt. Sharks are an older team that should look to retool around him and Karlsson on the right side and try to move Burns. Cant see them moving him

Hes definitely not what Tampa should be looking for
5 févr. 2020 à 10 h 46
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,738
Very low.
5 févr. 2020 à 10 h 50
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
A lot higher than anyone on here will tell you. Im willing to bet none of these guys have ever seen him play, so who are they to say? Anyways I would move him only in a deal for a young future top six forward or elite goalie prospect
5 févr. 2020 à 10 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Offensive defense with lots of upside, still young and expansion exempt. Sharks are an older team that should look to retool around him and Karlsson on the right side and try to move Burns. Cant see them moving him

Not saying Tampa should chase him, just gauging his value for my AGMs
yikes a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 10 h 59
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 175
Quoting: papishark
A lot higher than anyone on here will tell you. Im willing to bet none of these guys have ever seen him play, so who are they to say? Anyways I would move him only in a deal for a young future top six forward or elite goalie prospect

Would someone like spencer knight make sense since Bob is locked in for so long? I imagine knight is worth more than merkely alone.
exo2769 et yikes a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 11 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,714
@Hedman77 not an AGM. Post questions in the other forums.
5 févr. 2020 à 11 h 2
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,697
His value isn't as high as most think due to his off the ice issues, BUT from the Sharks perspective. It's not worth it to trade him either. It's not like new off ice issues are coming up. I hope for everyone involved that he's moved past all the stuff and wish him the best of luck.
yikes a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 11 h 3
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817

Quoting: SammyT_51
Very low.

Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy

Quoting: Hedman77
That’s why I’m asking for his value

Quoting: weird_flex_but_ok
Probably bad because hes a cancer

I agree and disagree with a lot of the points made.

Pros -
Talent
Upside/ Ceiling/ Potential
Offensive IQ
Whatever else you can go on

Cons -
Attitude
Locker room clashes
Maturity
Offensive focused too much sometimes and forgets he’s a D man

I’d like to break it down to a few easy statements.

Merkley is arguably one of the most frustrating cases of a prospect you can have. Sure there’s busts and what not (like Patrick, he so highly touted but Philly definitely didn’t get what they expected, but he’s finding his way but that’s still frustrating). But Merkley has the talent to be a superstar. One of the key points made by his draft class/ year was that he arguably could be ahead of Dahlin, that’s crazy but the things I heard and saw were that this kid has the tools and ability to be the best defenseman draft in his class (surpassing Dahlin); atleast skill wise he has the toolset to be extraordinary.

The problem now is his cockiness and ego, mixed with his attitude. He has the potential to be everything he can be and more but he is his worst enemy as his mindset, attitude, off ice demeanour and his sheer lack of self reflection and critical thinking could be the death of him.

Obviously there’s bold statements but I trying to be unbiased; I do believe some of the analysis of him; that he could be an extraordinary player. But that key word is could. He wasn’t on teams no draft list because of his talent as he was one of the most talented kids in his year, but because his weakness isn’t something you can “coach” but it is himself. If he chooses to suit up and compete and be a PROFESSIONAL; then he will succeed. If he chooses to suit up and compete on HIS OWN TERMS, his career and opportunity will blow up and go down in flames.

His VALUE is high, but his worth to other teams are low. It will depend on the GM not the value. He’s worth it more to the team to keep him then to trade him unless its fair value on his potential. As a team who had him on his no draft list will not offer quality for him.
papishark a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 11 h 4
Quoting: JOFA
Would someone like spencer knight make sense since Bob is locked in for so long? I imagine knight is worth more than merkely alone.

No thanks, I dont really believe in spending top assets for 18 year old goalies. Dont think the sharks would either as it will be probably be 3-4 years before hes even close to the league.
5 févr. 2020 à 11 h 6
Quoting: yikes
I agree and disagree with a lot of the points made.

Pros -
Talent
Upside/ Ceiling/ Potential
Offensive IQ
Whatever else you can go on

Cons -
Attitude
Locker room clashes
Maturity
Offensive focused too much sometimes and forgets he’s a D man

I’d like to break it down to a few easy statements.

Merkley is arguably one of the most frustrating cases of a prospect you can have. Sure there’s busts and what not (like Patrick, he so highly touted but Philly definitely didn’t get what they expected, but he’s finding his way but that’s still frustrating). But Merkley has the talent to be a superstar. One of the key points made by his draft class/ year was that he arguably could be ahead of Dahlin, that’s crazy but the things I heard and saw were that this kid has the tools and ability to be the best defenseman draft in his class (surpassing Dahlin); atleast skill wise he has the toolset to be extraordinary.

The problem now is his cockiness and ego, mixed with his attitude. He has the potential to be everything he can be and more but he is his worst enemy as his mindset, attitude, off ice demeanour and his sheer lack of self reflection and critical thinking could be the death of him.

Obviously there’s bold statements but I trying to be unbiased; I do believe some of the analysis of him; that he could be an extraordinary player. But that key word is could. He wasn’t on teams no draft list because of his talent as he was one of the most talented kids in his year, but because his weakness isn’t something you can “coach” but it is himself. If he chooses to suit up and compete and be a PROFESSIONAL; then he will succeed. If he chooses to suit up and compete on HIS OWN TERMS, his career and opportunity will blow up and go down in flames.

His VALUE is high, but his worth to other teams are low. It will depend on the GM not the value. He’s worth it more to the team to keep him then to trade him unless its fair value on his potential. As a team who had him on his no draft list will not offer quality for him.

Very well written. I will say though all reports have said his defense is much better this year, while still keeping his offensive flair. Drama also seems to have calmed down and things seem to be good on the knights
yikes a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 11 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Log off the internet
Quoting: F50marco
@Hedman77 not an AGM. Post questions in the other forums.

yes master
yikes a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 11 h 10
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,714
Quoting: Hedman77
yes master

I preferred daddy. cool
Hedman77 a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2020 à 11 h 17
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 175
No thanks, I dont really believe in spending top assets for 18 year old goalies. Dont think the sharks would either as it will be probably be 3-4 years before hes even close to the league.

Just a suggestion since your goalie situation is not great for the future. Knight is a lot closer than you think. However, I do agree with you. I think the Sharks wouldn't move him based off his skill or even have any chance of moving Merkley based off history. They will need him going forward with that D core aging.
papishark a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 6 h 50
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
How do you guys know that his attitude problems are still a major issue? Or any issue? I haven't heard anything either way, but unless his fellow players and/or coaches are leaking to the public, how does anyone actually know what's going on in their room? It's not like the NHL where there's more transparency, right?

I'm just thinking that he's been saddled with this label of being a terrible teammate whose not coachable, etc..since he was drafted. People do grow up and adapt. Clearly, he wants to play in the NHL. He has to know that he needs to grow up. Is he as bad as Ho-Sang? Worse?
6 févr. 2020 à 8 h 29
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Which Merkley?
6 févr. 2020 à 10 h 52
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Which Merkley?

ryan
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
6 févr. 2020 à 15 h 30
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
I’d say that at this point it doesn’t really matter, since he’s obviously way more valuable to the Sharks than any other team. No one would give up what the Sharks would want in return, so they just have to ride the wave and see where it goes.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage