Forums/Armchair-GM

Real Talk Playoff Push

Créé par: Hawks_Are_Dumm
Équipe: 2019-20 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 4 févr. 2020
Publié: 4 févr. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Let's get some discussion going here. Right now, Hawks are tied with Winnipeg for the Central Division's Wild Card spot even though the central doesn't hold that position right now. The Blackhawks have 56 points and the Coyotes have 59 and are currently holding that final WC spot. The Hawks are 1 point ahead of Nashville, 3 points ahead of Minnesota, and a large margin ahead of San Jose. It's not impossible to catch Colorado but it won't be easy for sure. I think Arizona is gonna be in trouble here. I hate to do it to them but I also don't hate it but we need to knock the Coyotes out of the playoffs. Sucks since they got Hall but whatever. We need to add at the TDL for sure. It won't be easy to make the playoffs but we can do it. I believe in this team. I think we have a couple of options. Let me know which of these 2 trades are your favorite and most realistic for Chicago.
Transactions
NJD
  1. Koekkoek, Slater
  2. Sikura, Dylan
  3. Smith, Zack
  4. Choix de 4e ronde en 2020 (CHI)
  5. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (CHI)
LAK
  1. Gustafsson, Erik
  2. Hakkarainen, Mikael
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (CHI)
CHI
  1. Cousins, Nick
  2. Kovalchuk, Ilya
  3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2020 (FLA)
  4. Choix de 6e ronde en 2021 (MTL)
MTL
    Gustafsson
    NYR
      Sikura/x meh player
      2020 4th
      Koekoek
      2022 3rd
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de FLA
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de MTL
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      Logo de CHI
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2581 500 000 $58 421 686 $0 $7 665 000 $23 078 314 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
      925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
      AD
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance2 475 000 $$2M)
      C
      UFA - 1
      5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 2
      1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
      C, AD
      RFA - 3
      863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
      AD, AG
      RFA - 2
      Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
      350 000 $350 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      C
      UFA - 2
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      AD, C
      UFA - 3
      Logo de Devils du New Jersey
      1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      AG, C
      UFA - 1
      Logo de Rangers de New York
      1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 1
      Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
      4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 2
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      5 538 462 $5 538 462 $
      DG
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
      DD
      RFA - 3
      1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
      G
      UFA - 1
      6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
      G
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 1
      3 333 225 $3 333 225 $
      DG
      UFA - 3
      3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 3
      725 000 $725 000 $
      DG/DD
      UFA - 2
      Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
      925 000 $925 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 2
      3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 3
      775 833 $775 833 $ (Bonis de performance107 500 $$108K)
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
      DD
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
      DG/DD
      UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      4 févr. 2020 à 9 h 21
      exo2769
      Rejoint: juill. 2015
      Mentions "j'aime": 9,582
      I will cheer for these guys to win every game both regular season and playoffs. With that said...Bowman has to make the hard choices. I don't see them being cup contenders. There are (3) pending UFAs that out of all years...they can get PREMIUM picks/prospects. I 100% admit, I'm selfish. 1st round exits are NOT good enough for me. trade away ALL the pending UFAs. Tell the players there weren't good enough...BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T BEEN! Allow Lankinen some NHL ice time and get Lehner back in the summer.
      4 févr. 2020 à 9 h 35
      Rejoint: avr. 2019
      Mentions "j'aime": 5,538
      Would love to see Coleman on the hawks! Wouldn't do any of those other trades though. Trade gus for whatever picks you can get. Then trade for a reliable Dman on an expiring contract. I wouldn't do much more than that.

I don't see the hawks getting far in the playoffs. But if they do make it, getting that playoff experience would be huge for the development of the younger guys on the team. And who knows if we get that first wild card spot you get to go through the pacific division. Also Lehner is definitely capable of stealing a round.
      4 févr. 2020 à 9 h 41
      Kyle from Chicago
      Rejoint: févr. 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 5,734
      Quoting: exo2769
      I will cheer for these guys to win every game both regular season and playoffs. With that said...Bowman has to make the hard choices. I don't see them being cup contenders. There are (3) pending UFAs that out of all years...they can get PREMIUM picks/prospects. I 100% admit, I'm selfish. 1st round exits are NOT good enough for me. trade away ALL the pending UFAs. Tell the players there weren't good enough...BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T BEEN! Allow Lankinen some NHL ice time and get Lehner back in the summer.

I’ll counter with…

You don’t become playoff contenders without building a winning culture. Selling off does not guarantee that you will be better for it (see Buf, Van, Arizona, Njd).
      I think them getting in will be very valuable to all of the younger guys on our team, and who knows... might inspire the veterans a bit as well.

On the flip side, selling just because you’re not a contender is a slippery path.
      Hawks_Are_Dumm a aimé ceci.
      4 févr. 2020 à 9 h 48
      exo2769
      Quoting: Stan_Bowman
      I’ll counter with…

You don’t become playoff contenders without building a winning culture. Selling off does not guarantee that you will be better for it (see Buf, Van, Arizona, Njd).
      I think them getting in will be very valuable to all of the younger guys on our team, and who knows... might inspire the veterans a bit as well.

On the flip side, selling just because you’re not a contender is a slippery path.

My argument is...teams like EDM, AZ, NJD...don't have the culture to begin with. If we're sitting here saying Toews/Kane/Keith aren't winning competitors that's a different conversation entirely where I'd suggest we need to shed those high cap sofites. They're not soft and they bring the sack lunch to work everyday. That's not changing in a few months...which is what were talking about.

What I would do if I were Stan is...hold accountability. That's it. You're NOT in the playoffs! What could any player say?!?! They didn't hack it. It's on the players. I'm all for prospects developing and playing meaningful hockey...which is also expected for Lankinan… Stan should say...if you make the playoffs after I sell...next year will be different because you've proven to me something you haven't been able to do for years...win when it matters.
      4 févr. 2020 à 10 h 10
      Rejoint: juill. 2019
      Mentions "j'aime": 162
      I don’t see how any of these deals improve the Blackhawks chances of making the playoffs. Players moved (as in the first trade (Smith & Koekkoek) are role players that aren’t being replaced when moved. Ideally Coleman would be expected fit into either of the first to lines. You can argue Caggiula could replace Smith on the 4th, but Smith takes draws and kills penalties. Like it or not Smith is contributing to the Hawks penalty kill.

Koekokkoek has been in my opinion, is what the Hawks hoped he be. Rock steady defending, and consistent moving the puck out of his end. He keeps the game simple. Who steps in to replace him. The Hawks were most fortunate they were deep in the back end to replace Seabrook & De Haan.

Tell me (for any Kovalchuk boosters out there), why is he an after thought ? The man is done. A shell of his former self. Evidently Rob Blake came to that conclusion this season. Horrible signing.

I like the Martinez deal but he will be sought by many playoff clubs. It will cost the Blackhawks more. Not sure if Kings would take Gustafsson.

A deep draft year. The Hawks should wisely hold onto their picks.

To make the claim the Hawks are an contender is an overstatement. They can make the playoffs, and even have success, but everything must continue to work perfectly.

Goaltending (been the Hawks strength all season)
      Penalty Killing (surprisingly turned it around to be a top 10 team)
      Secondary scoring ( the key I think to Hawks making the post season is how much scoring DeBrincat & Strome generate in the next 3-4 weeks) Carpenter is playing the off wing, and it could be argued the he could be moved to the fourth line, and Smith be traded for a winger for the third line. I will say in my opinion, this would be a mistake. Blackhawks should find a rental winger and give up a non roster player and or pick.
      Power play ( Clearing their power play, and been a left down all season. With all their offensive weapons it is hard to imagine their power play is so low in the league. I like to see Kubalik on the 1st unit and move DeBrinicat to the 2nd unit with Strome. If possible can Kane play the 2 minutes?
      Staying healthy ( this I think determines if the Blackhawks could have a deep run. In my opinion, the don’t have the depth to sustain a deep run.

The past two seasons the Hawks have been in a mini rebuild without tearing it all down. Reflecting on how fragile this club appeared in November to their level of play now ... it has been a surprisingly progression.

What I said yesterday. The Hawks appear to have team chemistry. To much movement detracts team chemistry. The Hawks should find a winger and defensive depth.
      4 févr. 2020 à 10 h 12
      Kyle from Chicago
      My argument is...teams like EDM, AZ, NJD...don't have the culture to begin with. If we're sitting here saying Toews/Kane/Keith aren't winning competitors that's a different conversation entirely where I'd suggest we need to shed those high cap sofites. They're not soft and they bring the sack lunch to work everyday. That's not changing in a few months...which is what were talking about.

What I would do if I were Stan is...hold accountability. That's it. You're NOT in the playoffs! What could any player say?!?! They didn't hack it. It's on the players. I'm all for prospects developing and playing meaningful hockey...which is also expected for Lankinan… Stan should say...if you make the playoffs after I sell...next year will be different because you've proven to me something you haven't been able to do for years...win when it matters.

The Blackhawks haven’t been in the playoffs in awhile and haven’t won a round recently as well. In fact, we’ve been pretty bad even with those guys. What I’m trying to say is... a winning culture isn’t composed of the vets on a team. It’s gotta be built up after periods of losing. Making the playoffs if the first step.
      Earth et Hawks_Are_Dumm a aimé ceci.
      4 févr. 2020 à 10 h 23
      Rejoint: juill. 2019
      Mentions "j'aime": 162

Yes I agree with you. Hard choices will be coming if the Blackhawks can seriously compete for a playoff spot. I mentioned yesterday the possibility of keeping Crawford for the remainder of the season. Tough choices, cause there will be offers, and how that offsets team chemistry. The man is beloved by his team mates ( the celebratory hugs at the end of the Arizona game) If there is a push, the Hawks will need to re-examine this. Win together, die together. With all the new faces on this building a winning culture can be a simple as who is moved or stays.
      4 févr. 2020 à 10 h 31
      exo2769
      The Blackhawks haven’t been in the playoffs in awhile and haven’t won a round recently as well. In fact, we’ve been pretty bad even with those guys. What I’m trying to say is... a winning culture isn’t composed of the vets on a team. It’s gotta be built up after periods of losing. Making the playoffs if the first step.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Kane can still win a game in the 3rd no doubt. Kane and Toews just schooled Raanta and he was playing really good. They still have that clutch in them. They dont have HIGH end talent around them...or cap space to get it.
      4 févr. 2020 à 11 h 4
      Rejoint: janv. 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 233
      It's highly unlikely that MTL moves Kovalchuk for a rental, never mind adding to that, he's fit in amazingly so trading him for what amounts to an audition and signing rights for a UFA who is just as likely to walk as stay probably isn't in any kind of plan even as a 1 for 1.
      4 févr. 2020 à 11 h 43
      Démarrer sujet
      Chewbacca88
      Rejoint: sept. 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 114

Just to be clear, are you for the most part agreeing with my opinion that we should try to make the playoffs? I still think we should trade Gus but if we are serious about the post season we could get someone better i.e. Martinez
      4 févr. 2020 à 12 h 0
      Kyle from Chicago
      Quoting: CrazyK04
      Just to be clear, are you for the most part agreeing with my opinion that we should try to make the playoffs? I still think we should trade Gus but if we are serious about the post season we could get someone better i.e. Martinez

I think we should stand pat or potentially get another top nine forward for the playoff push. Let Gus walk in FA.
      4 févr. 2020 à 14 h 26
      Rejoint: juin 2016
      Mentions "j'aime": 228
      you can't trade Gus twice ..

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage