SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Columbus Blue Jackets signed Nathan Gerbe (2 Years / $750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

4 févr. 2020 à 6 h 28
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 20
Quoting: Hockeyfan1972
Seems there is some serious conversation regarding this contract that is based in a lot of areas that does not happen here too often. I can see both sides of this but I must interject.

In no way is Nathan a all star. Nathan is a very good player in the right situation, be it in the NHL or AHL. Nathan has a unique place in either league given his stature and that can not go under appreciated. He has defeated all odds to make it to where he is and that given that he is a career 28 point player at the NHL level over and 82 game sample size (146 points in 413 games) proves he is no slouch.

A player like this is an inspiration not only to the fans but to people in the organization. At the NHL level this year he actually has a registered hit for every 12 minutes of play. There are only five players on the team that are higher than him on CBJ. Nathan is the epitome of a player beating all odds similar to Muggsy Bogues was in the NBA.

There is not cap implication. There is no drawback. Columbus is in no need to free up spots for up and coming prospects. There is not reason to object to this contract considering everything this player has to offer, not only in terms of production but in his experiences.

Quoting: pharrow
I don't know who upvoted this but really?
Don't get me wrong, good for him. But he's not an NHL player and the AHL is really for player development. No need for guys in their 30s.

Quoting: toque
Highest AHL salary next year.
5 févr. 2020 à 9 h 52
G O S I M E K
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 368
Quoting: pharrow
The bluejackets don't need a 5'5 32 year old guy neither do the monsters.
That's a roster spot that can go to an NCAA kid, or an undrafted FA who has earned a chance.
This is hands down a waste of a roster spot. Leadership my butt. He's never going to be the guy to stick up for a younger team mate. He's never going to battle in the boards etc...
It's a wasted signing.

Look at the big boy trying to take down the little guy. You’re so tough.
5 févr. 2020 à 11 h 42
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 246
Really, there is no version of this deal that can be "bad". He makes essentially league minimum money in the NHL, and can be sent to the AHL whenever. Maybe he isn't worth the actual dollars, but since we are on a cap website talking about a hockey contract, I tend to look at it in terms of whether or not the player will provide more or less value than their contract versus the cap. Since the only negative impact this contract could possibly have is taking up a contract spot, the only way this deal is bad would be if it somehow stopped Columbus from making a different deal elsewhere. Other than that, it can be buried on a moments notice, but gives a veteran presence in the AHL (which has shown useful on many teams), who can get called up and provide a veteran option down the line up with some skill. There is no negative cap impact, and since Columbus is only at 47 contracts with this deal, I don't see it ever causing any sort of problem.
5 févr. 2020 à 12 h 1
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: Baphomet

just delete your account before you are banned......again.
9 févr. 2020 à 16 h 16
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: Baphomet

yeah did you see that game last night? DId you see Gerby get run over, the puck taken, and the AVs score?
Go on with your bad self.
This is what happens to midget wingers in the NHL. He has no business in the NHL. It has showed too.
13 févr. 2020 à 11 h 59
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,128
For many years he was the shortest player in the NHL! Not sure if he still is or not, either way solid player, always liked him. Especially watching him in Carolina!!
2 mars 2022 à 10 h 10
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Short king.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage