SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Can some one explain to me WHY Domi must be traded?

Should the Habs trade Domi?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

31 janv. 2020 à 10 h 27
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,693
I'm curious to hear the people who think he should be traded mainly. I'm squarely on the side of NOT trading him. (Unless its for a good return of course)
zk97 a aimé ceci.
31 janv. 2020 à 12 h 10
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
I change my vote to: No but I would listen.

If a team is willing to overpay on any of our players, you trade them. I don't think there is a single player on the team that this wouldn't apply for.
SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2020 à 10 h 55
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
I don't know if it's the ill informed who that a teams have to an expiring contract even though Domi is controllable for two more years. Domi's contract is going to interesting. Is he 70 point player or a 50 point player. When he's playing well, he's "top line" when not he's kinda average plus.
4 févr. 2020 à 12 h 5
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
If a team offers up a high end prospect that the Habs absolutely love, then sure, make the move. But I don't see a lot of reason for them to trade him just for the sake of trading him. Moves like that are what ends up biting you in the butt down the line
4 févr. 2020 à 12 h 17
Démarrer sujet
I feel its not so much about getting the right offer. I'd trade anyone for the right offer. Its that I'm seeing a lot of AGM's almost pawning Domi off like he's been bad this year or something. He hasn't been lights out this year sure but Im not understanding the recent uptick in "yeah its time to trade Domi for a prospect and a pick" AGM's.

Its like someone heard a radio personality say "maybe for the right price we should listen on Domi offers" and then figured that meant "Domi sucks now". I don't get it. Lots of impressionable fans out there who will hate a player at the drop of a hat if a french no name hockey personality says something publicly guess. its the only explanation.
5 févr. 2020 à 12 h 39
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
He's an undercover agent for the Maple Leafs.
15 févr. 2020 à 23 h 39
25th coming up
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 268
I love Domi, but I think he should be moved:

- Weber and Price are the - too complicated to move - assets, hence they should retire with MTL
- It's unlikely for the young guys to be moved
- That leaves Petry, Tatar, Gallagher, Danault, and Domi as the assets of value to trade
- Gallagher and Danault (for obvious reasons) should be exempt from the trade block
- I don't think Petry should be moved, when so many teams struggle with finding top 4 RD players
- That leaves Domi and Tatar
- Ideally for MTL's future, Suzuki and Kotkaniemi will fill out the C1 and C2 positions, if so we're laughing with Danault as the third line centre
- That would mean keeping Domi at the wing, but I prefer Tatar as a winger and as a point producer (even if he is older than Domi)
- So yes, trade Domi because MTL DESPERATELY NEEDS a left D (even if Romanov is in the future's plans)
- I want to see Weber paired with an appropriate LD before the end of his career
20 févr. 2020 à 18 h 35
Not so Fasth
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 60
He doesn't need to be moved. But I'd definitely listen.
22 févr. 2020 à 11 h 21
Habs
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 136
With the top three centres for the foreseeable future likely being Danault, Suzuki and Kotkaniemi, not to mention the presence Gallagher, (maybe Tatar), Drouin, soon Caufield and possibly a difference-maker with this year's first round pick, Domi seems like the odd man out to trade for some much-needed help on the blueline. He's an RFA this summer and last season looks like an anomaly. So if Domi can help them fetch Brodin or Dumba or an equivalent, I think they've got to do it. Probably not at the deadline but most likely over the summer instead.
19 avr. 2020 à 10 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 98
Quoting: F50marco
I feel its not so much about getting the right offer. I'd trade anyone for the right offer. Its that I'm seeing a lot of AGM's almost pawning Domi off like he's been bad this year or something. He hasn't been lights out this year sure but Im not understanding the recent uptick in "yeah its time to trade Domi for a prospect and a pick" AGM's.

Its like someone heard a radio personality say "maybe for the right price we should listen on Domi offers" and then figured that meant "Domi sucks now". I don't get it. Lots of impressionable fans out there who will hate a player at the drop of a hat if a french no name hockey personality says something publicly guess. its the only explanation.

Here is my thoughts on Domi, he seems to like, if not love playing in Montreal so that is a plus. Where I see issues is his over all attitude. He can be a very selfish player at time and seems to have a tendency to take really selfish stupid penalties. The other thing that disappointed me this year is how he reacted to being moved back to the wing early in the season. He was pouting like a little child, and his numbers showed that.
Now the main reason I see him being moved is where does he fit in the team long term. I see him as a winger as I see our top three centers being KK, Suzuki, Danault, with Evans or Teasdale as our future 4C. So if Domi is a winger how does he fit. I personally think that our LW is a bit of a problem. Our current depth chart IMO looks like this Tatar, Drouin, Byron / Lehkenon you can argue witch is LW3 and LW4. All four of these guys have their own issues. Tatar is a great fit with Danault and Gallagher but he will be 30 years old at the end of his current contract, so there are some risk in giving him a long term contract at that age, his trade value is reasonably high. Drouin is a high skill player but he is soft and very inconsistent. His trade value at the moment is at an all time low. Lehkenon is a great defensive forward but he has never developed an offensive side that will place him any higher that a third line player at best. Byron's ceiling is also a third liner but is getting paid more than that and is also getting older. There are also no studs in the pipe line on LW.
So saying all of that if Domi would move to the wing and embrace it instead of pouting then there certainly could be a fit for him in Montreal and we would have to move either Byron or Lehkenon. I would prefer to keep Lehkenon because of his age and his defensive play but Byron contract will be hard to move.
If you could move Domi for a true top 6 LW or a top 4 LD then I would look at it for sure.
1 mai 2020 à 15 h 25
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
I feel like your two top answers are pretty much the same, I've voted for "Yes but only for great offers" and I feel like one of them should be "No but depends on his next contract demands" which is for what I would've voted.
Why?

We're living in a salary cap era, with Danault and Suzuki being ready to handle the load of 1C-2C and Tatar- Drouin on the left wing can you give Domi 6M$ per year and play him on your third line? When all these kids ELC are over and it's time to cash out we'll regret committing that much money but hold up I'd love to keep Domi and like how he plays. In the end it'll depend what number he wants beside "Years:" and "Cap Hit:" on his contract, if he takes a 3-4 year deal in the 5M$ range no problem but if he's looking to break the bank with 6M$+ and 6 year+ I'll pass and take the best offer from a 2C needy team (Yes I'm looking at you Winnipeg).
1 mai 2020 à 16 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: ColonelX
I feel like your two top answers are pretty much the same, I've voted for "Yes but only for great offers" and I feel like one of them should be "No but depends on his next contract demands" which is for what I would've voted.
Why?

We're living in a salary cap era, with Danault and Suzuki being ready to handle the load of 1C-2C and Tatar- Drouin on the left wing can you give Domi 6M$ per year and play him on your third line? When all these kids ELC are over and it's time to cash out we'll regret committing that much money but hold up I'd love to keep Domi and like how he plays. In the end it'll depend what number he wants beside "Years:" and "Cap Hit:" on his contract, if he takes a 3-4 year deal in the 5M$ range no problem but if he's looking to break the bank with 6M$+ and 6 year+ I'll pass and take the best offer from a 2C needy team (Yes I'm looking at you Winnipeg).

The reason I brought this up was because of the over exaggeration by fellow Habs fans during that time. Since he had a down year this year, some Habs fans acted like the 72 point season prior was worthless, hell, it was less than worthless. He was now Galchenyuk level garbage and we should be happy to get a 2nd rounder for him... I couldn't believe my eyes so I needed to get a pulse on what exactly people were seeing that I wasn't.

I need to remind myself that some posters on here don't take their teams and value in trades too seriously. I think the overwhelming response was that the Habs should only trade him if the right package came a long that was indicative of a player who has 72 point potential and is a modest 50 point player on average. IMO that is very valuable. Some people were undervaluing that on here but mainly out of not caring about having "perfect value" but just to make their AGM fit within the cap or that the positions were good, etc.

I'm fine trading Domi. I'm not opposed to trading anyone but I cringe when players are traded for way less than their realistic value.
ColonelX et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage