SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

CanadiensMapleLeafs

Créé par: Lightning77
Publié: 29 janv. 2020 à 2 h 5
Plafond salarial: 81 500 000 $
Journées à la saison: 66/186 (35%)
Détermination du registraire central: Cette transaction a rempli les différents critères exigés par le registraire central de la LNH.

Logo de Canadiens de MontréalCanadiens de Montréal

DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Petry, JeffCanadiens de MontréalLNH-1 951 612 $111---5172229--
Weal, JordanCanadiens de MontréalLNH-496 774 $111---38538--
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Ceci, CodyMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-1 596 774 $111---50178--
Kapanen, KasperiMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-1 135 483 $111---50101828--
Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoTOR)---010------
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial3 667 970 $2349723610
Variation-283 871 $000010
Final3 384 099 $ (↓)23497237 (↑)10-100

Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoMaple Leafs de Toronto

La transaction a eu lieu alors que la LTIR est utilisée
Allègement provenant de la liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR): 16 475 000 $
Portion de la LTIR utilisée avant la transaction: 13 577 150 $
DépartStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Ceci, CodyMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-4 500 000 $111---50178--
Kapanen, KasperiMaple Leafs de TorontoLNH-3 200 000 $111---50101828--
Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoTOR)---010------
ArrivéeStatutSalaire retenuCap hit effectifFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Petry, JeffCanadiens de MontréalLNH-5 500 000 $111---5172229--
Weal, JordanCanadiens de MontréalLNH-1 400 000 $111---38538--
VariationEspace sous le plafond salarialFormationSPCListe de réserveChoix 1e rd2e et 3e rd4e à 7e rdPJGAPMBA%EFF
Initial2 897 850 $2347693510
Variation800 000 $0000-10
Final3 697 850 $ (↑)23476934 (↓)10101
29 janv. 2020 à 9 h 53
Campbe11
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Funny how everyone wants Kapanen; even funnier when everyone else wants him that Toronto doesn't and is desperately looking to give him away!
29 janv. 2020 à 12 h 16
rockybaker
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 17
Quoting: Leaf_fan_74
Funny how everyone wants Kapanen; even funnier when everyone else wants him that Toronto doesn't and is desperately looking to give him away!

Toronto is not desperately looking to give Kapanen away. The media portrays him as a possible trade piece when looking to acquire an expensive need (top 4 RHD with term). People seem to forget nobody could possibly know what GMs think. Supposed "experts" and "analysts" take their best guess, publish this guess through an article and are very rarely right. Fans of other teams mock these articles as if they were written by Kyle Dubas.

This trade proposal is not that far off. Ceci is very expensive for a nuissance while Petry would instantly become a reasonable priced #1RHD in Toronto. This guy figures Kapanen and a 3rd is the price to pay for that upgrade, while also upgrading the Habs left side. Frankly, I think we could eliminate Weal from this proposal as he would be useless in Toronto all through next season. Ceci wouldn't help the Habs either but his contract is up this year and the Habs aren't making the playoffs anyways.

Personally, If the Habs and Leafs decided they were trade partners I think it would be due to the Habs FINALLY deciding to be in selling mode and it would be a blockbuster. Toronto would want Petry and Domi and be willing to give up on many middling assets and picks/prospects to make it happen. Something like Johnsson, Kapanen, Ceci, Bracco and a pick.
29 janv. 2020 à 12 h 23
Campbe11
Quoting: rockybaker
Toronto is not desperately looking to give Kapanen away. The media portrays him as a possible trade piece when looking to acquire an expensive need (top 4 RHD with term). People seem to forget nobody could possibly know what GMs think. Supposed "experts" and "analysts" take their best guess, publish this guess through an article and are very rarely right. Fans of other teams mock these articles as if they were written by Kyle Dubas.

This trade proposal is not that far off. Ceci is very expensive for a nuissance while Petry would instantly become a reasonable priced #1RHD in Toronto. This guy figures Kapanen and a 3rd is the price to pay for that upgrade, while also upgrading the Habs left side. Frankly, I think we could eliminate Weal from this proposal as he would be useless in Toronto all through next season. Ceci wouldn't help the Habs either but his contract is up this year and the Habs aren't making the playoffs anyways.

Personally, If the Habs and Leafs decided they were trade partners I think it would be due to the Habs FINALLY deciding to be in selling mode and it would be a blockbuster. Toronto would want Petry and Domi and be willing to give up on many middling assets and picks/prospects to make it happen. Something like Johnsson, Kapanen, Ceci, Bracco and a pick.

Sorry I stopped reading when you said Petry is a #1RHD.
29 janv. 2020 à 13 h 4
Mentions "j'aime": 152
Sorry I stopped reading when you said Petry is a #1RHD.

Curious, which RHD would be #1 on the Leafs if Petry slotted into #2 ? Right now, Petry would be a top pairing D on the Leafs, and if the Leafs traded for him, the return must exceed whatever was paid for Muzzin.
29 janv. 2020 à 13 h 49
Campbe11
Modifié 29 janv. 2020 à 14 h 3
Quoting: Jeff902
Curious, which RHD would be #1 on the Leafs if Petry slotted into #2 ? Right now, Petry would be a top pairing D on the Leafs, and if the Leafs traded for him, the return must exceed whatever was paid for Muzzin.

Ok if Petry is so good behind Weber (Habs' #1RHD), why are the habs so far out of the playoff hunt? So let me sum this up, the impressively performing Habs #2 RHD defensemen is to become the Leafs #1 RDH, and the Leaf's should grossly overpay the Habs because the Leafs allegedly appear to have overpaid for another defender. Does this really make sense to you... come on be honest? Maybe a little wishful thinking, may....be? Check your bias, please!
29 janv. 2020 à 14 h 2
Ok if Petry is so good behind Weber (Habs' #1RHD), why are the habs so far out of the playoff hunt? So let me sum this up, the impressively performing Habs #2 RHD defensemen is to become the Leafs #1 RDH, and the Leaf's should grossly overpay the Habs because the Leafs eligibly appear to have overpaid for another defender. Does this really make sense to you... come on be honest? Maybe a little wishful thinking, may....be? Check your bias, please!

This entire "Trade-machine" is built on wishful thinking - I am no different.
If Petry is dealt, there will be a decent return - maybe not from Dubas though.
29 janv. 2020 à 14 h 5
Campbe11
This entire "Trade-machine" is built on wishful thinking - I am no different.
If Petry is dealt, there will be a decent return - maybe not from Dubas though.

Hey, I agree, but that is not a good deal for our team. Keep Trying! I watched his dad pitch in Detroit many times!
29 janv. 2020 à 14 h 14
rockybaker
Ok if Petry is so good behind Weber (Habs' #1RHD), why are the habs so far out of the playoff hunt? So let me sum this up, the impressively performing Habs #2 RHD defensemen is to become the Leafs #1 RDH, and the Leaf's should grossly overpay the Habs because the Leafs eligibly appear to have overpaid for another defender. Does this really make sense to you... come on be honest? Maybe a little wishful thinking, may....be? Check your bias, please!

The Habs standing in the league isn't Jeff Petry's fault.
1- The Habs have a very top-heavy D where 3 guys get WAY more ice-time then everyone and those 3 are within less than a minute of each other.
2- Petry has actually taken Weber's spot on the top powerplay unit
3- Which RHD that's currently on the Leafs is better than Jeff Petry? None, so that makes him their new #1 D. (Habs bias? I'm a Leafs fan but sure...)
4- Ceci is a salary dump, not a valuable asset. It actually costs something to get rid of him.
5- Weal is only there to make the trade cap compliant.
6- You can read the rest of my comment now to actually get the whole message.
29 janv. 2020 à 14 h 30
rockybaker
Hey, I agree, but that is not a good deal for our team. Keep Trying! I watched his dad pitch in Detroit many times!

The bones of the trade are Kapanen for Petry. I love Kapanen as much as the next guy but the reality is that in Toronto he’s a really good third line winger who plays the P.K. Petry is a really good second pairing defenseman who plays the PP.
If you think Kapanen for Petry is bad for the Leafs, give your head a shake. And to dump Ceci’s contract on top of that? Let’s just say if anyone here is bias, it’s you.
29 janv. 2020 à 15 h 20
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 118

dude are u an idiot? Ceci is obviously a number 1 rhd and much better than Petry. cmon. get ur head out of ur ass, its not a hat.
29 janv. 2020 à 15 h 53
Quoting: beanie2911
dude are u an idiot? Ceci is obviously a number 1 rhd and much better than Petry. cmon. get ur head out of ur ass, its not a hat.

Riiiiight I'm the idiot....meanwhile you name Ceci #1 RHD if Petry is on the same team
29 janv. 2020 à 15 h 57
Riiiiight I'm the idiot....meanwhile you name Ceci #1 RHD if Petry is on the same team

guess my sarcasm wasn't clear. sorry for the confusion.
29 janv. 2020 à 16 h 21
rockybaker
Ok if Petry is so good behind Weber (Habs' #1RHD), why are the habs so far out of the playoff hunt? So let me sum this up, the impressively performing Habs #2 RHD defensemen is to become the Leafs #1 RDH, and the Leaf's should grossly overpay the Habs because the Leafs allegedly appear to have overpaid for another defender. Does this really make sense to you... come on be honest? Maybe a little wishful thinking, may....be? Check your bias, please!

All this without even mentionning that when the Habs were actually doing much better last year, it was while Weber was out and Petry was acting as RHD and playing almost 30 minutes per night.
29 janv. 2020 à 16 h 55
Quoting: beanie2911
guess my sarcasm wasn't clear. sorry for the confusion.

All good. I took that at face value, sometimes it is hard to tell if someone is being serious with claims like that.
29 janv. 2020 à 18 h 13
Campbe11
All this without even mentionning that when the Habs were actually doing much better last year, it was while Weber was out and Petry was acting as RHD and playing almost 30 minutes per night.

Sounds like the Habs should be trying to trade Weber than! Thanks for sharing!
29 janv. 2020 à 18 h 31
Campbe11
The bones of the trade are Kapanen for Petry. I love Kapanen as much as the next guy but the reality is that in Toronto he’s a really good third line winger who plays the P.K. Petry is a really good second pairing defenseman who plays the PP.
If you think Kapanen for Petry is bad for the Leafs, give your head a shake. And to dump Ceci’s contract on top of that? Let’s just say if anyone here is bias, it’s you.

Dumping Cece's contract when all said in done would equate to $800,000 in cap relief. Noting we could bury 1 million for his remaining 1.8mil in the minors; therefore, bailing on it now is terrible economics. Unless some value is recaptured in trading Cece, his contract is just a pill we Leaf fans need to swallow. We are surely not going to sell the fresh talent for a rental. Not one realistic hockey person would agree to swap Kapanen and Petry are close to equal in value. Hey, Petry is not a bad player, and I'm not suggesting that at all; however, his contract status is a point of contention when compared to the sweetheart contract of Kapanen. BTW, I think CeCe is not terrible as a 3rd pairing defender, and I can live with him for the rest of the season. FYI, I am not confident this is our year to go all in, meaning I am on the trade UFA's for futures team myself.
29 janv. 2020 à 22 h 25
All good. I took that at face value, sometimes it is hard to tell if someone is being serious with claims like that.

dont blame u. most of us leafs fans are pretty dumb on this site so its not hard to believe someone would say something like that
29 janv. 2020 à 23 h 42
rockybaker
Dumping Cece's contract when all said in done would equate to $800,000 in cap relief. Noting we could bury 1 million for his remaining 1.8mil in the minors; therefore, bailing on it now is terrible economics. Unless some value is recaptured in trading Cece, his contract is just a pill we Leaf fans need to swallow. We are surely not going to sell the fresh talent for a rental. Not one realistic hockey person would agree to swap Kapanen and Petry are close to equal in value. Hey, Petry is not a bad player, and I'm not suggesting that at all; however, his contract status is a point of contention when compared to the sweetheart contract of Kapanen. BTW, I think CeCe is not terrible as a 3rd pairing defender, and I can live with him for the rest of the season. FYI, I am not confident this is our year to go all in, meaning I am on the trade UFA's for futures team myself.

The value is in getting Petry as a return. Habs don't do that trade without a RHD in return because they don't have any other semi-capable RHDs (not even on the farm). As I explained in the later part of my first comment (which you explicitly said you didn't read to the end) I would prefer this deal to have Johnsson in place of Kapanen. Making a fair trade for a RHD with term is NOT going all in, it's just making your team better. They're not selling the farm for a superstar here. We're talking about what is essentially a 3rd line winger for a top 4 D-man. Honestly, with the top end talent the Leafs have, in every season they make the playoffs they SHOULD try to win the cup. Every player who won the cup will tell you that once you're in, there's more luck involved with winning the cup than anything else. Going ALL-IN as you say it is not really doable in the cap world. You can't do like the 90s Rangers or the 2004 Leafs. That's why they're trying to get a guy with term.

If you're talking about ALWAYS building for the future, you'd have to get rid of important guys every year just to get value from their contract before they leave. Do you think they should get rid of Tyson Barrie before the playoffs just to get a return from a guy who will be gone next year? If your answer is yes, you're just not seeing the big picture here....which is winning the cup and trying to do that every year.

Remember this, the best team on paper almost NEVER wins the cup.
29 janv. 2020 à 23 h 48
rockybaker

Another value of him leaving is that he won't be taking the place of a better player anymore. Think about it, once Rielly is back, he's gonna knock someone down. With Dermott able to play the right (which he can and has) that meens one of Sandin, Dermott or Holl will get bumped out when Rielly returns. Do you really think they're gonna scratch 4.5M$ Ceci before those guys? I'd rather not take the risk. They have to play their best players and all 3 of those guys are better than Ceci.
30 janv. 2020 à 10 h 7
rockybaker

Petry's contract status is a point of contention? Really? On any team, Kapanen is a 45pt middle 6 winger who makes 3.2M$ while Petry is a 45pt top 4 D who makes 5.5M$. I think it's pretty fair to say Petry should rightfully make more than Kapanen. As far as value of contract, I'd say it's a toss up. But the point of the trade is to address a need in order to make your team generally better. I'm not even saying that I love this deal, simply that it's not far off and definitely not worth castrating anyone over.
30 janv. 2020 à 10 h 36
Campbe11
Petry's contract status is a point of contention? Really? On any team, Kapanen is a 45pt middle 6 winger who makes 3.2M$ while Petry is a 45pt top 4 D who makes 5.5M$. I think it's pretty fair to say Petry should rightfully make more than Kapanen. As far as value of contract, I'd say it's a toss up. But the point of the trade is to address a need in order to make your team generally better. I'm not even saying that I love this deal, simply that it's not far off and definitely not worth castrating anyone over.

Please stop trying to circumvent the obvious... It's insulting and doesn't paint you in the best light either. Come on, we are talking in a medium to which facts are a click away.

Kapanen will still be a RFA when this contract is up in 2022-23
Petry is a UFA after one more year.

If you didn't understand what I meant, I have no sympathy for laziness.
30 janv. 2020 à 10 h 39
Campbe11
Another value of him leaving is that he won't be taking the place of a better player anymore. Think about it, once Rielly is back, he's gonna knock someone down. With Dermott able to play the right (which he can and has) that meens one of Sandin, Dermott or Holl will get bumped out when Rielly returns. Do you really think they're gonna scratch 4.5M$ Ceci before those guys? I'd rather not take the risk. They have to play their best players and all 3 of those guys are better than Ceci.

That's when you waive him! and gain the 1 mil in cap relief.
30 janv. 2020 à 22 h 34
rockybaker
Please stop trying to circumvent the obvious... It's insulting and doesn't paint you in the best light either. Come on, we are talking in a medium to which facts are a click away.

Kapanen will still be a RFA when this contract is up in 2022-23
Petry is a UFA after one more year.

If you didn't understand what I meant, I have no sympathy for laziness.

RFA, UFA, he's a 3.2 milion dollar 3rd liner on a team who can turn Elvis Sojko into a legit 3rd liner. I'm not saying I don't like the guy, I'm saying others can wear his skates successfully at a fraction of the cost.

PS: You're calling me lazy on a website where people are quite litterally "armchair GMs" PRETENDING to run NHL teams from the comfort of their own couch. Are you still in grade school? Go find yourself a more productive hobby. Go shovel your yard or something. Maybe do your neighbor's at the same time and make a couple bucks.
31 janv. 2020 à 0 h 11
Campbe11
RFA, UFA, he's a 3.2 milion dollar 3rd liner on a team who can turn Elvis Sojko into a legit 3rd liner. I'm not saying I don't like the guy, I'm saying others can wear his skates successfully at a fraction of the cost.

PS: You're calling me lazy on a website where people are quite litterally "armchair GMs" PRETENDING to run NHL teams from the comfort of their own couch. Are you still in grade school? Go find yourself a more productive hobby. Go shovel your yard or something. Maybe do your neighbor's at the same time and make a couple bucks.

Hit a nerve eh! If the shoe fits wear it, if not ignore it, simple as that.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage