SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

MAJOR SABRES RANT

Équipe: 2019-20 Sabres de Buffalo
Date de création initiale: 22 janv. 2020
Publié: 22 janv. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is honestly to the point of unbearable measure. The buffalo Sabres have been a steaming pile of garbage for the good part of a decade and have yet to make any major strides in any improvement. Jason botteril consistently proves his unreliability as a General Manager through his bonehead moves. Trading Marco Scandella who has 1 less point than Micheal Frolik to improve the scoring. Frolik is a salary dump who is a $4.3M penalty killer. Marco Scandella is a defenseman who had only 1 less point, cheaper, had chemistry with Henri Jokiharju on a already thin to **** blue line. Botts will get credit for stealing Skinner and Jokiharju?! Skinner has a NTC that dictated the location Carolina sent him and the return they got. I love Skinner and think he’ll improve but $9M is steep af. How tf did you not work him down to 8x8? Players are absolutely fncking him. Henri Jokiharju for Alexander Nylander is a very simple trade to dissect. Blackhawks new coach Colliton wasn’t as big of a fan of Joker as Quennville which opened a opportunity for trade since they had acquired Da Haan Maatta. Obviously this move was abysmal for Chicago and buffalo has FIXED A MISTAKE by another team making one. The Sabres draft capital is completely shot. Botts traded a 4th to essentially absorb $5.25M off the Penguins by getting Matt Hunwick and Conor Sheary where Hunwick has either been trash, benched, or injured. Sheary has been a non-factor since he got here scoring like 20 points both years. Ridiculous.

Botts also gave a AHLer $2M in Evan Rodrigues which shows his evaluation skills as I’m a fan and saw right there his “good play”. McCabe getting 2x2 is a disgrace. He’s playing like he forgets what he’s doing every 2 seconds and a memory span of a duck. Terrible at nearly every asset of his position. Jason botteril also let a star goalie in Robin Lehner let go for nothing to become a star with the Isles and Hawks. The Sabres are doing great right? Yea. Carter got damn Hutton is doing excellent! Aka he’s an AHLer who’s here for another year!!!!!! Linus Ullmark has been terrific and is a dream BACK UP. Just need a guy that plays NHL level in front of him. The Colin Miller trade is up next and I can say that I like the move for him but again we have so many good RHD’s, GET A LHD! We have Dahlin than plastic the rest of the way! Not to mention our team playing Bogosian over him which is asinine as bogosian sucks and skates like he has damn refrigerator on his back. Play Miller I mean for phuck sakes.... you give up assets to get a better defenseman and play an inferior brute.

Ryan O’Reilly. Oh. My. Goodness. Jason “**** pancake” botteril traded a true 1-2C who’ve we could’ve used and actually need really bad rn for a 1st rounder( Ryan Johnson at #31) Tage Thompson who has shown close to nothing, 2 salary dumps in Berglund and Sobotka with another 2nd rounder that left in the Miller deal. Essentially the Sabres got a return for the cap they took on. Thompson 1st/2nd for berglund’s remaining 4 years and Sobotka’s $3.5M which both equaled around $7M around Ryan’s hit. So Botts makes holes, loses trades, misses on opportunities to improve, and makes this team continue to embarrass the city, community, and actual good players who are on the team by not filtering out the mess. Improvement is warranted and soon.
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de DAL
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
Logo de BUF
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1281 500 000 $45 471 667 $0 $3 832 500 $36 028 333 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 8
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
UFA - 7
3 650 000 $3 650 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 1
767 500 $767 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
DG/DD
UFA - 2
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
3 387 500 $3 387 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 325 000 $1 325 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 875 000 $3 875 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DD
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 janv. 2020 à 23 h 7
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,135
grimace
22 janv. 2020 à 23 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 202
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
grimace

Absolute joke.
22 janv. 2020 à 23 h 11
Log off the internet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,865
Lazar is doing well at least
22 janv. 2020 à 23 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Hedman77
Lazar is doing well at least

Look at our roster. I’m not exactly surprised. Bottom 6 forward who’s scored a few goals and we do what? Rejoice?
22 janv. 2020 à 23 h 43
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,894
I had totally forgotten that Ryan O'Reilly was a Sabre, and I'm sure he has as well lol. What a horrendous trade.
22 janv. 2020 à 23 h 48
G O S I M E K
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 368
Sharks are loving Kane as well. On pace for 33 goals and 74,000 penalty minutes.
23 janv. 2020 à 0 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I had totally forgotten that Ryan O'Reilly was a Sabre, and I'm sure he has as well lol. What a horrendous trade.

Yea. Basically gave him away.
23 janv. 2020 à 0 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Baphomet
Sharks are loving Kane as well. On pace for 33 goals and 74,000 penalty minutes.

We got Montour for that pick and traded for Skinner to replace him so I’ll be okay with that.
23 janv. 2020 à 0 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,894
Quoting: JokiharjuForNylanderLMAO
Yea. Basically gave him away.

Honestly points to bad talent evaluation. Either severely undervalued how good ROR is, or drastically overvalued what guys like Berglund and Sobotka could bring to the table.

I also think Targeting Tage Thompson was a mistake. Was never sold on him.
23 janv. 2020 à 0 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Honestly points to bad talent evaluation. Either severely undervalued how good ROR is, or drastically overvalued what guys like Berglund and Sobotka could bring to the table.

I also think Targeting Tage Thompson was a mistake. Was never sold on him.

Robert. Thomas. NEVER SETTLE FOR WHO THAT TEAM IS WILLING TO GIVE! So damn obvious...
23 janv. 2020 à 9 h 30
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 157
i agree 100%. Botts is a joke and needs to go.

what are your thoughts on Pilut?
I think he has potential and I hope he does well I just don't think hes quite ready or fits in just as well as people say. (he is better than bogo))
23 janv. 2020 à 9 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Asd24
i agree 100%. Botts is a joke and needs to go.

what are your thoughts on Pilut?
I think he has potential and I hope he does well I just don't think hes quite ready or fits in just as well as people say. (he is better than bogo))

He’s a decent LHD but I think you need 2 better guys on the left side with him and Pilut needs to play with Ristolainen. They both player better with each other.
Asd24 a aimé ceci.
23 janv. 2020 à 10 h 2
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,130
Mittelstadt had 1+1 last night and is now at 5/4/9 and -7 in 15 ahl games. I dont have much nice to say about botterill, but i think a lot of people came away empty handed in the 17 draft. Not sure how true the rumors are, but i heard zajac vetoed a trade to buffalo- if this is true, i mean how much more can a guy get wrong? We need help at center, in a pretty big way, and trading for a 34 year old center who is under contract for another yr at 5.75, and has currently scored 6 goals in 48 games...ugh, seriously???
23 janv. 2020 à 10 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: sabres89
Mittelstadt had 1+1 last night and is now at 5/4/9 and -7 in 15 ahl games. I dont have much nice to say about botterill, but i think a lot of people came away empty handed in the 17 draft. Not sure how true the rumors are, but i heard zajac vetoed a trade to buffalo- if this is true, i mean how much more can a guy get wrong? We need help at center, in a pretty big way, and trading for a 34 year old center who is under contract for another yr at 5.75, and has currently scored 6 goals in 48 games...ugh, seriously???

Zajac sucks.
23 janv. 2020 à 10 h 15
Sabres - CBJ
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 34
Modifié 23 janv. 2020 à 10 h 22
I feel the pain and suffering in all of this man. You're not alone. The Pegulas have completely stopped giving a **** about the Sabres once they bought the Bills, because the Bills are their big-ticket money maker, that's the facts.

Remember when Terry was crying at center ice when Gilbert came out right after he'd bought the team? That sure seems like a long time ago.
23 janv. 2020 à 10 h 39
Sabres - CBJ
Modifié 23 janv. 2020 à 10 h 44
Absolute joke.

The Pegula's are trying to recoup as much money back on their Bills investment as they can through the Sabres, the writing is all over the wall.

Think about it - our organizational staffing from top to bottom is a joke. We hire new GMs (Murray & Botts) with no Pres. of Hockey Ops to help guide them (other than LaFontaine for a hot minute - that ended well)

We have a non-existent analytics department while other successful organizations are rapidly expanding theirs.

And then it's the little things - the cheap fan giveaways and gimmicks during games, the outdated arena that desperately needs a new makeover in every way.

Then the 50th anniversary season, this season - which is supposed to be a celebration of the franchise - has been laughable and the Sabres have managed to mess it up in every possible way that they can. Not wearing the goat head jerseys on 90s night because they didn't submit them to Adidas before the deadline.. are you kidding me?!? All of it screams incompetency, starting from the very top.

Look at every building the Pegulas have built or taken over around the arena - they all have new, completely random sponsors (what does LECOM HarborCenter even mean??)

I never wanted to believe it, but here's the truth - it's all about the $$$$$$$. The Bills make lots of it, the Sabres don't. So the Sabres get left in the dust
23 janv. 2020 à 10 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: JaredB40
I feel the pain and suffering in all of this man. You're not alone. The Pegulas have completely stopped giving a **** about the Sabres once they bought the Bills, because the Bills are their big-ticket money maker, that's the facts.

Remember when Terry was crying at center ice when Gilbert came out right after he'd bought the team? That sure seems like a long time ago.

I despise the NFL and football in general so I’m pretty in the dark here.
sabres89 a aimé ceci.
23 janv. 2020 à 11 h 13
Sabres - CBJ

The Bills make the Pegula's a lot of money, and the Sabres don't make them any money... so naturally, since the Pegula's purchased the Bills, they've focused most of their time and efforts on the Bills and the Sabres have been nothing but an after-thought.

"The NFL shared $8.78 billion in national revenue with its 32 teams this past season. That number became clear on Friday when the Green Bay Packers, the league's only public team, reported that its cut of the national revenue was $274.3 million. Each of 32 teams split that amount equally."

$274 million in national revenue TPegs received from the NFL/Bills in just one year alone. That number by itself is in the same ballpark as what the entire Sabres franchise value is estimated at currently (around $400 mil)

The point is when Terry bought the Sabres, he said the Sabres exist for one sole reason - to win the Stanley Cup. And we all believed him. We were all so happy that someone with both deep pockets and a passion for the Sabres was finally our owner.

Then a few short years later, the opportunity presented itself for the Pegula's to buy the Bills - something they probably never thought would happen - and they took it.

They realized how much money the NFL brings in for owners, and how little the NHL does. Their focus has all been on the Bills, and the Sabres have fallen into a forgotten black hole of misery because of it.
23 janv. 2020 à 13 h 7
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,130

I like hockey and baseball, football is a very distant third. I figure, football is the bigger thing for a lot of fans, and as a prestige asset, you cant compare nhl and nfl. I assume the pegulas live in florida for the 6 months and 1 day that are required for florida residency. So its probably fairly easy to turn the noise down on the sabres.
23 janv. 2020 à 19 h 2
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 536
Please don't use Armchair-GM for general discussion threads. Armchair-GM is meant primarily for using the simulator to discuss lineups, trades, roster decisions, etc. General discussions like this should go in appropriate sections (e.g. the Buffalo Sabres forum).

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage