SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Why is Peter Bondra not a Hall of Famer?

20 janv. 2020 à 16 h 4
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 48
NHL.com updated their stats page and you can now isolate and sum an amount of years statistics with filters. During the dead-puck era 94-04 only Jagr had more goals than Bondra and noone had more shorthanded goals. In the entire history of the league only 2 players scored 500+ goals and had less than 500 assists. Maurice Richard and Peter Bondra. I feel he is unfairly penalized by Hall voters because he played in a defensive system but was far and away the teams best goal scorer. From 94-04 he had more goals than Hall of Famers Selanne, Shanahan, Sundin, Hull, Sakic, Kariya, Modano, Bure, Fedorov, Lindros...other than not winning a championship why does he get no support?
Eli a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2020 à 9 h 31
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Probably because overall his career was not that significant.
29 janv. 2020 à 8 h 23
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 16
He was snubbed so many times in the all star team voting
29 janv. 2020 à 9 h 37
Campbe11
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 29
Modifié 29 janv. 2020 à 14 h 10
I remember that name, therefore, I will share my first-hand viewership experience which may bring light to this query but not answer the question per-say. If I recall correctly, Bondra was something of a one-dimensional player and likely considered a soft player; recalling, that hockey era or culture fixated on grit and heart. He was a fast skater I do remember that but other than that, I really don't remember this player all that much. That in itself might be your answer, a Hall of Famer should be memorable, shouldn't they?
29 janv. 2020 à 10 h 28
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,693
Yeah I think there is potentially a case for him to be in. Although one major detractor is not winning a cup. that is usually a big deal for the HHOF.

Have to remember, it may be less about if he's good enough or not and more about who he was competing against to get voted in. If he's going up against Lemieux one year, Jagr the next, etc etc, In HHOF voting, he could just be a little unlucky as I believe after a certain number of years of not getting in, you are no longer eligible.

I think ultimately, he's one of those few great players who just didn't have a long enough and illustrious enough career to make it.
11 févr. 2020 à 16 h 58
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
Not enough goals, yet.

With the year Kovalchuk is having, might be time to bring back Bondra, too.
11 févr. 2020 à 17 h 18
Still a Leafs Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 661
I am gonna say no. Has no significant awards, no cups not a ppg player in fact he only averages roughly 68 points a season. He was a very good player but i dont think HHOF

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage