SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

relax for a bit

14 janv. 2020 à 15 h 38
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 75
muzzin back at the end of the week seems likely. forward depth is fine. D looks sustainable for the 3 upcoming games of devils, flames, and hawks. taking 2/3 before muzzin back i pretty doable. no need for blockbusters. the only issue at the moment is the playoff roster cap stuff regarding rielly
14 janv. 2020 à 15 h 41
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Its all manageable for sure. The panic level of people on here is ridiculous.
TheWolfe et TMLSage a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2020 à 15 h 45
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Its all manageable for sure. The panic level of people on here is ridiculous.

I agree, the part that is truly insane is going after any sort of big name lhd. If it were rhd going down to injury it would have been almost beneficial to the leafs. Why would we target a lhd when we have no need for one long term.

I wouldn’t have been upset with a cheap acquisition like Dillon. Could move ceci out and replace him with Dermott when healthy.
14 janv. 2020 à 15 h 46
NoCupsForCanada
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 557
Leafers on here are worst for hitting the panic button the second everything isn't going perfectly
14 janv. 2020 à 15 h 50
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Quoting: TheWolfe
Leafers on here are worst for hitting the panic button the second everything isn't going perfectly

There are some yup. No doubt at all. Certain ones who I will remain nameless have been in full panic mode the whole season. Its entirely stupid.
14 janv. 2020 à 15 h 55
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
Either way adding a decent defenceman like Martinez or Dillon certainly wouldn't hurt this team
AJM2466 et Leafs09 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 0
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 434
Not sure if you are aware but Muzzin was also placed on LTIR just the other day so I don't think he will be eligible to return for 3 weeks or however many games it is.
Webbles a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 2
#LeafsFever
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 932
Problem is that Muzzin in lineup does not automatically guarantee anything, especially with Rielly now out. It's just one player amongst of group of guys that just cannot seem to show up on time most nights. What the Leafs should really do is sit Marincin (who is terrible) and Ceci, once Muzzin gets back and give Liljegren a shot in the lineup. Let's see what the kid can do. We know that Sandin will be in the lineup for the foreseeable future with Rielly out, so why not pair the 2 kids together, who have been playing well as a pairing in the AHL. Considering the state of this season, I say it's worth a shot.
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 2
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: TheOtherAuston
Not sure if you are aware but Muzzin was also placed on LTIR just the other day so I don't think he will be eligible to return for 3 weeks or however many games it is.

He has already been out for some time. I don’t believe the counter is reset from ir to ltir.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 2
#LeafsFever

Retroactive LTIR to when he was first put on IR. LTIR was just a cap move, but the assignment was retroactive.
GenXHockey et AJM2466 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 4
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: MG1986
Problem is that Muzzin in lineup does not automatically guarantee anything, especially with Rielly now out. It's just one player amongst of group of guys that just cannot seem to show up on time most nights. What the Leafs should really do is sit Marincin (who is terrible) and Ceci, once Muzzin gets back and give Liljegren a shot in the lineup. Let's see what the kid can do. We know that Sandin will be in the lineup for the foreseeable future with Rielly out, so why not pair the 2 kids together, who have been playing well as a pairing in the AHL. Considering the state of this season, I say it's worth a shot.

I am actually with you on this one. I would give Lilly and sandin both a shot.
AJM2466 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 5
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 434
Retroactive LTIR to when he was first put on IR. LTIR was just a cap move, but the assignment was retroactive.

Thanks for clearing that up wasn't 100 percent on that
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 6
Démarrer sujet

according to the site yes, but he could have been placed the exact day it was reported he was hurt (Dec 28th). 24 days would be Jan 21st, the start of next week.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: AJM2466
according to the site yes, but he could have been placed the exact day it was reported he was hurt (Dec 28th). 24 days would be Jan 21st, the start of next week.

sorry for not replying as fast as the above, i had to find the dates lol
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 8
#LeafsFever
Thanks for clearing that up wasn't 100 percent on that

It was because Johnsson came off LTIR and you know, constant state of salary cap flux :P No problem.
AJM2466 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Jamiepo

i agree with giving lily a shot but because of the cap situation, wasn't there a worry about his bonuses? i remember that being a talking point about why he may not get into games. if you have any insight that would be dope
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 9
#LeafsFever

Sandin is getting a shot. For some reason though, Leafs seem super hesistant to give Liljegren a shot. They've recalled him a couple times time, emergency called him twice I think. Based on how Ceci played in Florida, I would scratch him in place of the kid. I think he's going to be great.
AJM2466 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 12
#LeafsFever
Quoting: AJM2466
i agree with giving lily a shot but because of the cap situation, wasn't there a worry about his bonuses? i remember that being a talking point about why he may not get into games. if you have any insight that would be dope

Anytime ELC bonuses are involved it's tough with a team at the cap (or just under) because you try to calculate for the future, but between the unknown of the salary cap limit from season to season, and if the performance bonus being attained (or not), you have to account for things, just in case. Liljegren has PB of $400,000 max. I would say that's not a huge concern, but certainly the Leafs have to be wary of anything that will mess with this fragile cap of theirs.
AJM2466 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Anytime ELC bonuses are involved it's tough with a team at the cap (or just under) because you try to calculate for the future, but between the unknown of the salary cap limit from season to season, and if the performance bonus being attained (or not), you have to account for things, just in case. Liljegren has PB of $400,000 max. I would say that's not a huge concern, but certainly the Leafs have to be wary of anything that will mess with this fragile cap of theirs.

thank you for the info!
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 29
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 185
Muzzin was put on the LTIR as of Sunday January 12th. Meaning he cannot be taken off the LTIR until either 10 games or 24 days have past. Even if he is healthy before that time. That makes Jake Muzzin's return February the 5th.
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 31
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 185

February the 5th (10 games or 24 days)
14 janv. 2020 à 16 h 53
Jaxon34
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 73
Sandin is getting a shot. For some reason though, Leafs seem super hesistant to give Liljegren a shot. They've recalled him a couple times time, emergency called him twice I think. Based on how Ceci played in Florida, I would scratch him in place of the kid. I think he's going to be great.

What bothers me on , is everyone on here thinks lets put Sandin and Lily together, that will solve it, and they are going to be great,
There is a reason why Lily has not stepped in. Both are too Small and not developed enough yet to be in that position. I think they will be good, but why rush these kids?
NHL is a pretty big jump in level of play from the AHL.
14 janv. 2020 à 17 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Leafs09
What bothers me on , is everyone on here thinks lets put Sandin and Lily together, that will solve it, and they are going to be great,
There is a reason why Lily has not stepped in. Both are too Small and not developed enough yet to be in that position. I think they will be good, but why rush these kids?

Quoting: Leafs09

i dont think most people want them to have big minutes. they both have played together and are ready to make the jump. theyre both 6 feet and most likely are done growing lmao. I think they'll be a fine and suitable 3rd pair. liljegrens been developing and had a few setbacks en route to playing NHL games but hes playing well. might as well get him acclimated now. sandin looks just as ready development wise as well.
14 janv. 2020 à 19 h 25
Formerly Jamiepo
Modifié 14 janv. 2020 à 20 h 28
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
There are some yup. No doubt at all. Certain ones who I will remain nameless have been in full panic mode the whole season. Its entirely stupid.

Leafs nation: OMG what are we gonna do!! Trade everyone!!!

Rasmus Sandin: hold my beer and watch this...
14 janv. 2020 à 19 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Leafs nation: OMG what are we gonna do!! Trade everyone!!!

Rasmussen Sandin: hold my beer and watch this...

*god has entered the chat* very cool sandin, thank you!
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage