SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Who will start in the biggest hole next year?

12 janv. 2020 à 19 h 45
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 20
With the number of teams at or over the cap as of today who will start 20-21 with the biggest handicap, LOL, cap wise? I was thinking it might be the Canucks with more than a few of their ELC hitting their bonuses. Are there other teams you follow that may surpass them in overages for 20-21 based on bonuses earned in 19-20?
13 janv. 2020 à 11 h 35
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: Hockeyfan1972
With the number of teams at or over the cap as of today who will start 20-21 with the biggest handicap, LOL, cap wise? I was thinking it might be the Canucks with more than a few of their ELC hitting their bonuses. Are there other teams you follow that may surpass them in overages for 20-21 based on bonuses earned in 19-20?

Sharks. not necessarily over the cap but burns ek and burns have long term deals and they have no depth or picks this year. they may have to try and recoup assets via trade at the deadline this year.
18 janv. 2020 à 17 h 49
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,576
If Arizona wants to re-sign Taylor Hall, they are in real (Toronto-style) trouble.
18 janv. 2020 à 18 h 18
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,462
Gotta think it's the Rangers. Their buyout total over 7m, plus Staal and Brendan Smith with difficult contracts to trade. IMO the Rangers can't afford to sign their RFAa.....DeAngelo, Gordiev, Strome, and Lemieux, and they certainly won't be signing UFAs.
Tampa looks they have to sell players to be cap compliant. Is it possible to trade any of those NTC players? If they can't trade, a young expensive player will have to sacrificed.
Sharks seem to stuck with an aging team with untradeable NTCs.
Coyotes can't afford Hall unless they can trade a big cap player...without taking money back in a trade, which is so difficult to do.
OldNYIfan mentioned the Leafs. Leafs are OK cap wise since their RFAs signings will fit under he cap barely. But no $$$ for a UFA. So a mid cap forward will have to traded or for moderate Dman or for futures to sign a Dman.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
19 janv. 2020 à 20 h 46
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,576
Quoting: palhal
Gotta think it's the Rangers. Their buyout total over 7m, plus Staal and Brendan Smith with difficult contracts to trade. IMO the Rangers can't afford to sign their RFAa.....DeAngelo, Gordiev, Strome, and Lemieux, and they certainly won't be signing UFAs.
Tampa looks they have to sell players to be cap compliant. Is it possible to trade any of those NTC players? If they can't trade, a young expensive player will have to sacrificed.
Sharks seem to stuck with an aging team with untradeable NTCs.
Coyotes can't afford Hall unless they can trade a big cap player...without taking money back in a trade, which is so difficult to do.
OldNYIfan mentioned the Leafs. Leafs are OK cap wise since their RFAs signings will fit under he cap barely. But no $$$ for a UFA. So a mid cap forward will have to traded or for moderate Dman or for futures to sign a Dman.

An accurate survey.

I was inexact in my phrasing, trying to be too terse. I meant that if Arizona is going to sign Hall, they will have cap problems like Toronto had LAST off-season, when Dubas had to make that awful Marleau transaction. The Maple Leafs should be okay this summer.
palhal a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage