(NSH/MTL) - Dauphin for McCarron

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

7 jan à 17 h 53
7 jan à 17 h 55
Rejoint: déc 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 275
What a blockbuster. Two overhyped high pick busts for each other. Wowzers.
Hedman77, Rideordie, wojme and 2 others a aimé ceci.
7 jan à 18 h 03
Mentions "j'aime": 21
I think it's because laval has way to many right handed players compared to left handed one.
7 jan à 18 h 05
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 108
A rare “hockey trade“ where it’s not about dealing contracts
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
7 jan à 18 h 09
WE CAN AND WE WILL
Rejoint: jui 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 402
Nashville wins because I don’t know the other guy
OldNYIfan, KubaH et I_Am_Atem a aimé ceci.
7 jan à 18 h 10
Rejoint: jun 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,728
hard to call these guys "busts" One is a second round pick with about a 25% chance of developing into an NHL player.
The other is a late round 1st, You take out the top of the draft and those 1st round picks are at like 40% chance to be an NHL player.

Both had uphill climbs to be NHL players.
KubaH a aimé ceci.
7 jan à 18 h 39
Carlo>McAvoy
Rejoint: sep 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 47
I was hoping they'd acquire Tinordi back frown
MaxDomi13 a aimé ceci.
7 jan à 18 h 42
Quoting: pharrow
hard to call these guys "busts" One is a second round pick with about a 25% chance of developing into an NHL player.
The other is a late round 1st, You take out the top of the draft and those 1st round picks are at like 40% chance to be an NHL player.

Both had uphill climbs to be NHL players.

They could've had Theodore, Hartman or Dickinson instead of McCarron lmfao, stop giving management excuses when they go for the big tough meanies.
7 jan à 18 h 50
AwesomeMatthews
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 589
Me Oh My, Oh How The Might Have Fallen.
7 jan à 19 h 53
Rejoint: jan 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,406
Quoting: kaljakori
They could've had Theodore, Hartman or Dickinson instead of McCarron lmfao, stop giving management excuses when they go for the big tough meanies.

Hindsight is great isn't it?
jpsnow13 a aimé ceci.
7 jan à 20 h 29
Rejoint: jun 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,200
McCarron is pretty much useless. Although I don’t know Dauphin, his stats and age suggest that he would be better for Laval than McCarron. And who knows, a change of scenery could do McCarron well, and he could maybe become a fringe NHLer someday.

Edit: McCarron and Dauphin are the same age. McCarron seems much older than he is, but not in a good way.
7 jan à 23 h 18
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 53
McCarron Fucale DelaRose Andrighetto Reway Crisp

Another draft class botch by Timmins.
7 jan à 23 h 18
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 53

8 jan à 0 h 49
rangersandislesfan
Rejoint: mar 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,013
Quoting: Nohate

I knew of Dauphin but completely forgot about him until now.
Nohate a aimé ceci.
8 jan à 4 h 00
Quoting: mr_z

Michael McCarron - was never going to be anything more than a bottom 6 forward. When he was drafted, he was slated as a major reclamation project. He chose to go to the CHL, which was the biggest mistake of his life. Still capable of being a 13th forward.

Jacob De La Rose - Was a great, great player in Europe, his defensive skills transitioned, but his offensive game never translated, I don't know what happened here. He's still a good 4th line PKer.

Zach Fucale - We all know Goalies are a mystery, but he was wicked on that Halifax Moosehead team and is still showing signs of his skill. He was a bust though.

Artturi Lehkonen - Steal of a pick. Pure defensive player that is on pace this year for over 40 points. Gives it his all every shift.

Connor Crisp - The only guy we drafted who never had any hype, never showed any real signs of being an NHL player.

Sven Andrighetto - Very capable middle six winger. For a 3rd round pick, that's a great pick.

Martin Reway - Very unfortunate what happened to him. Was showing signs of being a very good NHL player before heart problems were found. Just **** luck here really.

Jeremy Gregoire - 6th round pick so was never expecting much, still showed some signs of skill in Junior, just couldn't develop him.

3/8 drafted players being full time NHLers is a great job considering just how weak this draft was. There's still time for more of those players to become NHL players. I wouldn't call this draft a loss.
Boubou79 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
8 jan à 14 h 50
Rejoint: jui 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 37
Quoting: HabsForEver
Michael McCarron - was never going to be anything more than a bottom 6 forward. When he was drafted, he was slated as a major reclamation project. He chose to go to the CHL, which was the biggest mistake of his life. Still capable of being a 13th forward.

Jacob De La Rose - Was a great, great player in Europe, his defensive skills transitioned, but his offensive game never translated, I don't know what happened here. He's still a good 4th line PKer.

Zach Fucale - We all know Goalies are a mystery, but he was wicked on that Halifax Moosehead team and is still showing signs of his skill. He was a bust though.

Artturi Lehkonen - Steal of a pick. Pure defensive player that is on pace this year for over 40 points. Gives it his all every shift.

Connor Crisp - The only guy we drafted who never had any hype, never showed any real signs of being an NHL player.

Sven Andrighetto - Very capable middle six winger. For a 3rd round pick, that's a great pick.

Martin Reway - Very unfortunate what happened to him. Was showing signs of being a very good NHL player before heart problems were found. Just **** luck here really.

Jeremy Gregoire - 6th round pick so was never expecting much, still showed some signs of skill in Junior, just couldn't develop him.

3/8 drafted players being full time NHLers is a great job considering just how weak this draft was. There's still time for more of those players to become NHL players. I wouldn't call this draft a loss.

This was a nice break down, but surly you don't think this draft was weak? 2013 was loaded!

https://www.hockey-reference.com/draft/NHL_2013_entry.html
8 jan à 14 h 52
KovalchukFor2RDP
Rejoint: fév 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 479
Quoting: mr_z

Nice double post smile
8 jan à 16 h 06
Quoting: HabsForEver
Hindsight is great isn't it?

I literally said that imo drafting big tough meanies on high picks is bad. Hindsight is different.
8 jan à 19 h 07
Rejoint: jun 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,200
Quoting: Patriot12992
This was a nice break down, but surly you don't think this draft was weak? 2013 was loaded!

Look at the picks after Montreal’s 1st. The rest of the draft is very much below average.
8 jan à 22 h 59
Quoting: Patriot12992

12 of the first 13 in terms of scoring went before Montreal had a pick. Montreal got the 7th highest producer from that draft for Galchenyuk and we drafted the 22nd highest producer with our 3rd round pick. I'd say we did fairly well given the circumstances.
8 jan à 23 h 00
Quoting: kaljakori
I literally said that imo drafting big tough meanies on high picks is bad. Hindsight is different.

I completely agree.
8 jan à 23 h 15
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: jui 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 7,345
Quoting: Nohate

Montreal wins because I know McCarron.

It's been at least three years of having McCarron constantly been including in Montreal trades by Habs fans....NHL deals for some reason. Now these CapFriendly posts will have to another Laval player.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Soumettre les modifications du sondage