SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

IS SHELDON KEEFE THE BEST COACH IN THE NHL RIGHT NOW

2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 17
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
The Toronto Maple Leafs are absolutely on fire since hiring Sheldon Keefe as their head coach. The NHL's hottest team had a 6-3 win over the Jets tonight and improved the team's record to 14-4-1 under Keefe. This also represented the first time that the Leafs have scored four or more goals in nine consecutive games since February 1993. The Leafs are also achieving these results while missing a number of starting players with injuries and promoting players from their Marlies. Is there a better coach in the NHL right now than Sheldon Keefe?
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4,825
You guys beat a team with 3 NHL calibre dman, you have elite offensive talent. It shouldn’t be that hard to beat a team like WPG. I will give the leafs credit for playing good lately. Keefe has been super smart and isn’t afraid to shorten the bench when needed.
Shibbal18 et PrisonBull a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 20
Sam
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,188
Ion remember asking
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 20
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,463
OK, I'll say yes for the last 19 games. Might not prove he is the best NHL coach, but it might prove that Babcock was the worst.
TMLSage a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 26
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: tsyls
You guys beat a team with 3 NHL calibre dman, you have elite offensive talent. It shouldn’t be that hard to beat a team like WPG. I will give the leafs credit for playing good lately. Keefe has been super smart and isn’t afraid to shorten the bench when needed.

Many CF posts think the Leaf only have 3 NHL calibre Dmen at most. So from that point of view, it was an even game.
What I noticed in the game, though the Jets had lots of shots, so many were from a fair distance from the net. Andersen just picked them off. Jets weren't jamming the net much at all.
tsyls et oneX a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 31
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: palhal
Many CF posts think the Leaf only have 3 NHL calibre Dmen at most. So from that point of view, it was an even game.
What I noticed in the game, though the Jets had lots of shots, so many were from a fair distance from the net. Andersen just picked them off. Jets weren't jamming the net much at all.

Well some people like to say we only have one good Dman and he is out with a broken foot.... so....
palhal et oneX a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 32
Formerly Jamiepo
What took you so long @TMLSage ? Was waiting for this to show up lol.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 34
Analytics are good
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 959
Mike Sullivan exists
tsyls a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,513
Quoting: Jamiepo
Who?

Awesome
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 36
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Well some people like to say we only have one good Dman and he is out with a broken foot.... so....

Yea, I'm still amazed at the trolls who honestly believe the Leafs have the worse Dmen in the league and the Leafs would be better trading for 6th, 7th Dmen from crappy teams.
Sure I will the Leafs had better Dmen, but at what cost? Since Keefe...Leafs are 11th in GAA., first in goals for.
oneX a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 36
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,123
He's not the best coach, but he knows how to let his players play. I'd probably go with Trotz, maybe Sullivan this year for doing what he's doing with everyone constantly injured and the Pens still have success. He could be the best though, only one way to find out.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 38
Mentions "j'aime": 19,293

You make a valid argument but Leafs also have a competent 2C.

As for best coach i thought Trotz was pretty undisputed. That team has zero superstars and still dominates
palhal et oneX a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 40
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,197
Arizona Coyotes. Rick Tochett.
St. Louis Blues. Craig Berube.
Team Canada Jr's. Dale Hunter.

It's clear that former NHL goons make the best coaches.
Marincin_memes a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 41
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,381
Sullivan seems to be doing very well with many injuries.
Pharow a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 41
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
You make a valid argument but Leafs also have a competent 2C.

As for best coach i thought Trotz was pretty undisputed. That team has zero superstars and still dominates

Maybe many folks don't give good coaching enough credit. Trotz took over an out playoff team, got them in the playoffs, and now have them one of the best teams in the league. Really with much the same personnel from the previous regime...except Tavares.
oneX a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 42
Mentions "j'aime": 19,293
Maybe many folks don't give good coaching enough credit. Trotz took over an out playoff team, got them in the playoffs, and now have them one of the best teams in the league. Really with much the same personnel from the previous regime...except Tavares.

Tavares sucks though so he wasnt going to make a difference sarcasm
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 53
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,197
Keefe has a Wendel Clark connection, when Tbay traded Clark to the Wings for back up goalie Hodson and a 2nd Round pick, which Tbay selected Keefe with.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 54
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,756
00islesweb1-facebookJumbo.jpg
Isles777 a aimé ceci.
2 janv. 2020 à 23 h 59
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 1,433
There a lot of coach that are actually better , Barry trotz, jon cooper, alain vigneault, mike sullivan, dave tipett, jared bednar, joel quenneville craig berube
3 janv. 2020 à 0 h 2
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 1,433
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Arizona Coyotes. Rick Tochett.
St. Louis Blues. Craig Berube.
Team Canada Jr's. Dale Hunter.

It's clear that former NHL goons make the best coaches.

All those players where lot more then just goon, tocchet was a pure competitor with almost 1000 nhl point over 1100 games, same for hunter who was a complete momentum players. Berube was the only real goon
3 janv. 2020 à 0 h 23
Formerly Jamiepo
Yea, I'm still amazed at the trolls who honestly believe the Leafs have the worse Dmen in the league and the Leafs would be better trading for 6th, 7th Dmen from crappy teams.
Sure I will the Leafs had better Dmen, but at what cost? Since Keefe...Leafs are 11th in GAA., first in goals for.

I can’t think of a team that would say no to an upgrade on the blueline. It’s a cap league and you do what you can. Think dubas has showed a lot of patience with trades. Fairly good asset management. I would expect he continues this trend when assembling the defence next season as well.
TMLSage a aimé ceci.
3 janv. 2020 à 0 h 35
Démarrer sujet
GM - Canucks
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,218
I can’t think of a team that would say no to an upgrade on the blueline. It’s a cap league and you do what you can. Think dubas has showed a lot of patience with trades. Fairly good asset management. I would expect he continues this trend when assembling the defence next season as well.

You are totally correct when you say Dubas has demonstrated fairly good asset management and expect this to continue when assembling the defence next season. Dubas is actually ahead of the curve in terms of assembling the Leafs defence for next season which he has started by signing Justin Holl to a new contract. The Justin Holl signing is strategically very important for the Leafs going forward as the guy has rocketed up the charts to actually become a 3rd or 4th pairing defenceman and signed at a very reasonable salary. The Leafs now have a defensive core of Reilly, Demott, Holl, Sandin and Liljegren locked up and Dubas just needs to add 1 or 2 UFA defenceman to this core which still may be Muzzen and Barrie for next year. Also think that Leafs might be going to make a run at signing Pietrangelo as UFA and simply let Muzzen, Barrie and Ceci walk as Pietrangelo is from Toronto and has history playing with Tavares.
4 janv. 2020 à 21 h 32
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: joshelkin
00islesweb1-facebookJumbo.jpg

hey look it's the guy who got shutout by michael hutchinson
TMLSage a aimé ceci.
4 janv. 2020 à 22 h 2
Islanders Fan
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,756