Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
Logo de SJS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $74 365 750 $660 750 $277 500 $7 134 250 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sharks de San Jose
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 8
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 7
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 8
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
1 635 000 $1 635 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
UFA - 3
960 000 $960 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
675 000 $675 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
768 333 $768 333 $ (Bonis de performance65 000 $$65K)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
19 déc. 2019 à 18 h 23
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,987
where's the deal?
CheechYou a aimé ceci.
19 déc. 2019 à 18 h 27
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 110
I'm curious to see from the Leafs side, if financially this is even affordable.
If so, I think it's doable. Maybe switch out Karlsson for another bottom 6 work horse.
CheechYou a aimé ceci.
19 déc. 2019 à 18 h 28
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
WHoa! Karlsson to the LEafS?!?!?!?!
CheechYou a aimé ceci.
19 déc. 2019 à 18 h 33
Démarrer sujet
train, train
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 733
Quoting: Kongol
I'm curious to see from the Leafs side, if financially this is even affordable.
If so, I think it's doable. Maybe switch out Karlsson for another bottom 6 work horse.

It is, I thought it through from their end. Ceci4.5 + Kap3.2 + Johnsson3.4 = 11.1 . Burns8 + Soresnon1.5 + MKarl2 = 11.5 but SJ retains 1mil of MKarl for 1yr so 10.5. Leafs end up saving ~600k.
Eli a aimé ceci.
19 déc. 2019 à 18 h 41
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
This would take the Leafs' offense and power play to the next level.
19 déc. 2019 à 18 h 42
Analytics are good
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 962
Toronto probably doesn't bite at this.

Burns isn't the type of RHD they'd be looking for.
They have many players either at the level of or better than Sorenson and Karlsson (Engvall, Timoshov, Moore, Gauthier, Petan, Marchment, Bracco)
They'd try to keep one of Kapanen and Johnsson
Ceci is up at the end of the season anyway, there is little reason for them to try to move him now.
19 déc. 2019 à 19 h 17
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 94
If the leafs are going to spend 8 million on a RHD I would rather resign 28 year old Barrie for 5,6,7 years than to have 34 year old Burns for another 5 years at 8M cap hit. Let Ceci go away UFA, and trade Kapanen and Johnsson as needed for cap reasons for prospects/picks and keep the two picks in this trade to keep the prospect train going for quality Marlie call ups.
19 déc. 2019 à 19 h 23
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
The only problem with this move is Burns' age. When he starts declining, TOR is going to be royally screwed.
19 déc. 2019 à 19 h 24
Démarrer sujet
train, train
Quoting: Gauss
If the leafs are going to spend 8 million on a RHD I would rather resign 28 year old Barrie for 5,6,7 years than to have 34 year old Burns for another 5 years at 8M cap hit. Let Ceci go away UFA, and trade Kapanen and Johnsson as needed for cap reasons for prospects/picks and keep the two picks in this trade to keep the prospect train going for quality Marlie call ups.

You have to account that Burns is physically an absolute beast and freak of nature... his conditioning is unreal and it's naive to simply cast him as just another 34yr old.
19 déc. 2019 à 19 h 37
More To Come
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 371
Quoting: CheechYou
You have to account that Burns is physically an absolute beast and freak of nature... his conditioning is unreal and it's naive to simply cast him as just another 34yr old.

That’s a good point, burnsy is another level of fitness and strength. He’ll be an effective player for 3-4 more years.

Caveat here is that Burns likely wouldn’t accept a trade to Toronto. He loves SJ and if he were to move anywhere I think it’d have to be Dallas (lives in Texas during summer) or another Pacific team. It’s a good thought though and while Burns is having a comparatively rough season I think he will turn it around when the team turns it around, and when Burns is on his game, we sharks fans know he is unstoppable most nights. I’m not ready to see him go just yet.
CheechYou a aimé ceci.
19 déc. 2019 à 20 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
San Jose would have to retain on Burns or any team trading for him is taking an insane gamble. People claim to be the exception to aging curves all the time, but the vast majority of the time they're wrong and the only way to know the truth is in hindsight.

Most likely he declines soon
19 déc. 2019 à 21 h 31
tomato
Rejoint: oct. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 305
Why would the leafs take this deal? All it does it bail San Jose out of one of there many long term deals for 30 plus players. at the cost of our young cheap depth entering there prime. Burns would be an okay acquisition if he has 1 or maybe 2 years left on his deal. At 34 1/2 years old with 5 years after this one, that contract is a anchor for any team that isnt at the tale end of there cup window. Sorensen and Goodrow might be cheaper wingers than Kap amd Johnmsson but they are downgrades and older and up for ufa after next year. We would be much better off throwing money an Pietrangelo and we shouldn't even do that, but at least that wouldn't cost our young depth along with the picks that i havent even mentioned. (2nd and a 4th as well? laughable imo.) He would only be 30 when he joins the team instead of 35 like burns. Also a free wheeling offensive defenseman is that last thing the Leafs need.

The only defenseman i would be interested in from the sharks would be Tim Heed at half retained for RHD depth.
19 déc. 2019 à 21 h 54
More To Come
Quoting: BCAPP
San Jose would have to retain on Burns or any team trading for him is taking an insane gamble. People claim to be the exception to aging curves all the time, but the vast majority of the time they're wrong and the only way to know the truth is in hindsight.

Most likely he declines soon

He’s 34 not 38. There is a distinct difference. He will decline but he’s got another 3-4 years of 50+ point seasons.
CheechYou a aimé ceci.
19 déc. 2019 à 22 h 18
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,667
Don't know if the Leafs even have a place for Karlson and Sorensen even with the two Leafs forwards being traded.
Yea I know stats aren't everyone but Burns minus 23 this year. Sure he scores points....but. That never ending Burns contract scares me, though it scares me less Karlsson's and Vlasic's.
T
19 déc. 2019 à 23 h 2
Quoting: Eklund
He’s 34 not 38. There is a distinct difference. He will decline but he’s got another 3-4 years of 50+ point seasons.

You sure about that? That he has 3-4 years of 50 point+ seasons left in him?

He better be one of the top 3 defenseman of all time then. Here is a list of defenseman in the last TWENTY years who have had a 50+ point seasons at 35 or older (as he's 34 now your claiming for his age 35+ seasons)
http://hkref.com/tiny/NAql9

There are 14 guys on the list. But 10 of them only did it once. 3 guys (MacInnis, Schneider and Zubov) did it twice. One guy did it 5 times: Lidstrom, you know arguably a top 3 d of all time.

He's the only guy in the last 20 years who had "3-4 50 point seasons at 35+".
19 déc. 2019 à 23 h 3
More To Come

He better be one of the top 3 defenseman of all time then. Here is a list of defenseman in the last TWENTY years who have had a 50+ point seasons at 35 or older (as he's 34 now your claiming for his age 35+ seasons)

There are 14 guys on the list. But 10 of them only did it once. 3 guys (MacInnis, Schneider and Zubov). One guy did it 5 times: Lidstrom, you know arguably a top 3 d of all time.

I watch him play every game. He is very capable of it. You’ll see.
19 déc. 2019 à 23 h 27
Démarrer sujet
train, train

http://hkref.com/tiny/NAql9

There are 14 guys on the list. But 10 of them only did it once. 3 guys (MacInnis, Schneider and Zubov) did it twice. One guy did it 5 times: Lidstrom, you know arguably a top 3 d of all time.

Keep in mind that research/technological/knowledge advancements over the past decade or two especially have come such a long way to make sure that athletes are conditioned better and have longer shelf lives as peak athletes so that's a point that takes away from the historically very few ppl have done it argument.

And it doesn't hurt that on an incredible iron-man streak himself, he's been playing alongside two of the greatest longevity athletes of all time in MArleau and Thornton so there's knowledge taken from that too on a daily basis.
20 déc. 2019 à 0 h 58
tomato
Keep in mind that research/technological/knowledge advancements over the past decade or two especially have come such a long way to make sure that athletes are conditioned better and have longer shelf lives as peak athletes so that's a point that takes away from the historically very few ppl have done it argument.

And it doesn't hurt that on an incredible iron-man streak himself, he's been playing alongside two of the greatest longevity athletes of all time in MArleau and Thornton so there's knowledge taken from that too on a daily basis.

Look the reason your even trying to dump him is because he is getting old just like a good portion of your old core. If you think he has such a great future ahead of him why dont you just keep him instead of trying to trade him away before he hits a brick wall?
20 déc. 2019 à 2 h 2
Démarrer sujet
train, train
Quoting: tomato43
Look the reason your even trying to dump him is because he is getting old just like a good portion of your old core. If you think he has such a great future ahead of him why dont you just keep him instead of trying to trade him away before he hits a brick wall?

Because I think he can help the Leafs and give them what they could use for a serious cup run?

And because the Sharks are in desperately dire need of bottom-6 forwards like Johnsson/Kapanen who can provide reliable depth scoring and drive play?

And also because the Sharks have EK65 so having Burns is a bit redundant compared to a proposition of getting good forward depth?

And yes definitely this does make the Sharks younger too that's an added bonus for SJ -- but if they didn't have multiple 30yr olds locked into long-term deals, as TOR doesn't have as they have a young core locked up, I'd be A-okay with Burns on the team.
20 déc. 2019 à 9 h 11
Quoting: Eklund
I watch him play every game. He is very capable of it. You’ll see.

Again you're saying that we should expect with confidence that he'll do something that only one other person has done in the last 20 years, when that person was probably one of the top 3 d of all time...

He's going to decline. He's not going to play until he's 55. The question is if and not when.
tomato43 a aimé ceci.
20 déc. 2019 à 9 h 28
tomato
Because I think he can help the Leafs and give them what they could use for a serious cup run?

And because the Sharks are in desperately dire need of bottom-6 forwards like Johnsson/Kapanen who can provide reliable depth scoring and drive play?

And also because the Sharks have EK65 so having Burns is a bit redundant compared to a proposition of getting good forward depth?

And yes definitely this does make the Sharks younger too that's an added bonus for SJ -- but if they didn't have multiple 30yr olds locked into long-term deals, as TOR doesn't have as they have a young core locked up, I'd be A-okay with Burns on the team.

If your looking to help the leafs and think they should acquire a 30+ RHD you should be telling them to go after Pietrangelo. I wouldn't do this trade even if San Jose retained 3 million of Burn' cap. The simple fact is that in 2-3 years when the rest of our young core is in there prime Burns will be a giant anchor. He is already not stellar defensively, and he will only get slower. As far as im concerned he has already beat father time as much as anyone can expect at the age of 34.
BCAPP a aimé ceci.
22 déc. 2019 à 5 h 1
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 84
Quoting: tomato43
If your looking to help the leafs and think they should acquire a 30+ RHD you should be telling them to go after Pietrangelo. I wouldn't do this trade even if San Jose retained 3 million of Burn' cap. The simple fact is that in 2-3 years when the rest of our young core is in there prime Burns will be a giant anchor. He is already not stellar defensively, and he will only get slower. As far as im concerned he has already beat father time as much as anyone can expect at the age of 34.

So I think the Sharks should not trade Burns unless a significant piece is coming back. Like a low first-rounder, Nylander, etc.

But for Toronto, if Dubas is smart he would make this kind of trade because it maximizes Toronto's chances NOW. For the next 3 seasons, if not more, they get a Norris-caliber defenseman on their team. Combine that with Anderson and their incredibly lethal offensive weapons and Toronto would be the team to beat. Not only that but if Burns is not worth his contract 2-3 years from now, it shouldn't be that hard to move him.
22 déc. 2019 à 10 h 3
tomato
Quoting: DenisPotvin
So I think the Sharks should not trade Burns unless a significant piece is coming back. Like a low first-rounder, Nylander, etc.

But for Toronto, if Dubas is smart he would make this kind of trade because it maximizes Toronto's chances NOW. For the next 3 seasons, if not more, they get a Norris-caliber defenseman on their team. Combine that with Anderson and their incredibly lethal offensive weapons and Toronto would be the team to beat. Not only that but if Burns is not worth his contract 2-3 years from now, it shouldn't be that hard to move him.

You must be ****ing high. I think i disagree with literally everything you said. The leafs core are around 23 years old. Why do we need to maximize our chances right now by going all in on the next 2-3 years at the cost of the next couple after that? You have such a short sited view of things. I hate to break it to you but burns is not going to be a Norris caliber defenseman at the end of this year. He is outstanding for his age but to make a five year commitment to a 35 year old at 8 million would be suicide for the leafs. Dubas is the kind of GM to avoid potential dead weight contracts. Hes not going to be signing not elite players to ufa contracts that take them into there late 30s, and he is certainly not going to strap our chances at a cup to the likely hood of Burns maintaining Norris level play into his late 30s, when there will be other options available for RHD help. You say it shouldn't be hard to move Burns in 3 years at 37 years old at an 8 million dollar cap hit. What makes you say that exactly? Sure just toss a high pick and one of our best prospects at that time at a team and im sure they would take him. But that would be dumb.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage