SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(NJD/ARI) - Hall, Speers for Bahl, Merkley, Schnarr, 1sr round pick, conditional 3rd round pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

14 janv. 2022 à 16 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,152
Quoting: Random2152
To anyone who thinks this is a fair deal or good for the Devils in any way just remember this:
The islanders received a similar package for Michael Grabner.

Shero got fleeced! He needed to get quality over quantity and he just... didn't.

An interesting comparison. Grabner trade produced 5 lower level prospects, that in total, played 18 games for Islanders.
15 janv. 2022 à 0 h 4
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,554
Quoting: NHLfan10506
An interesting comparison. Grabner trade produced 5 lower level prospects, that in total, played 18 games for Islanders.

The pick that turned into mercer is literally the only thing here that looks good, and it's interesting how you avoid saying that verhege (sic) is also very good. It was a bad trade
15 janv. 2022 à 0 h 33
The pick that turned into mercer is literally the only thing here that looks good, and it's interesting how you avoid saying that verhege (sic) is also very good. It was a bad trade

Islanders flipped Verhaege for nothing. So in total, ended up with 5 pieces of nothing.

Devils got:
1. The pick that led to Mercer
2. The pick that led to Siegenthaler (top-4 d-man)
3. An A-rated defensive prospect (Bahl)
4. A 6/7 d-man (Jaros, from Merkley trade)
5. A prospect center with 16 pts in 22 AHL gp this year.

The alternatives at the time were nnot any better.
15 janv. 2022 à 2 h 31
Just Keep Swimming
Islanders flipped Verhaege for nothing. So in total, ended up with 5 pieces of nothing.

Devils got:
1. The pick that led to Mercer
2. The pick that led to Siegenthaler (top-4 d-man)
3. An A-rated defensive prospect (Bahl)
4. A 6/7 d-man (Jaros, from Merkley trade)
5. A prospect center with 16 pts in 22 AHL gp this year.

The alternatives at the time were nnot any better.

Let me clean this up for you:
1. The pick that led to Mercer --> Looks good, and was the big part of the trade that separated it from the Grabner deal
2. The pick that led to Siegenthaler (top-4 d-man) --> No he is not lmao. Dime a dozen depth Dman. (just to be clear, I like Sieg, he isn't anything to write home about)
3. An A-rated defensive prospect (Bahl) --> 3rd pair upside
4. A 6/7 d-man (Jaros, from Merkley trade) --> Literally 300 guys like this in the nhl/ahl
5. A prospect center with 16 pts in 22 AHL gp this year. --> See 4
15 janv. 2022 à 8 h 19
Let me clean this up for you:
1. The pick that led to Mercer --> Looks good, and was the big part of the trade that separated it from the Grabner deal
2. The pick that led to Siegenthaler (top-4 d-man) --> No he is not lmao. Dime a dozen depth Dman. (just to be clear, I like Sieg, he isn't anything to write home about)
3. An A-rated defensive prospect (Bahl) --> 3rd pair upside
4. A 6/7 d-man (Jaros, from Merkley trade) --> Literally 300 guys like this in the nhl/ahl
5. A prospect center with 16 pts in 22 AHL gp this year. --> See 4

1. Mercer

2. Siegenthaler is one of the league's best defensive d-men this year. If one uses xGAR-d (expected goal against compared to a replacement player), here are this year's league leaders:

Jonas Siegenthlaer: 6.4
Miro Heiskanen: 5.7
Jacob Slavin: 5.4
Ian Cole: 5.4
Devon Toews: 4.2
Damon Severson: 3.9
Victor Hedman: 3.8
Esa Lindell: 3.6
Ryan Lindgren: 3.5
Jani Hakanpaa: 3.4

via Evolving Wild

3. Bahl has more than 3rd pair upside, but that depends on who you've got in your top-4.

4. Jaros - He is a depth piece and 5th most valuable player from this trade

5. Schnarr - there are 300 guys? Here is the list of young centers scoring at higher rate than him in AHL: Newhook, Rossi, Vilardi, Frost, Perfetti, Glass, Reedy. All but one are 1st rounders. Here are some of the guys who are scoring at lower rate: Byfield, Turcotte, Krebs, Veleno, Zary, Bowers, Dellandrea, Suzuki, Studnicka, Drury.

Happy to help
15 janv. 2022 à 8 h 27
Just Keep Swimming
1. Mercer

2. Siegenthaler is one of the league's best defensive d-men this year. If one uses xGAR-d (expected goal against compared to a replacement player), here are this year's league leaders:

Jonas Siegenthlaer: 6.4
Miro Heiskanen: 5.7
Jacob Slavin: 5.4
Ian Cole: 5.4
Devon Toews: 4.2
Damon Severson: 3.9
Victor Hedman: 3.8
Esa Lindell: 3.6
Ryan Lindgren: 3.5
Jani Hakanpaa: 3.4

via Evolving Wild

3. Bahl has more than 3rd pair upside, but that depends on who you've got in your top-4.

4. Jaros - He is a depth piece and 5th most valuable player from this trade

5. Schnarr - there are 300 guys? Here is the list of young centers scoring at higher rate than him in AHL: Newhook, Rossi, Vilardi, Frost, Perfetti, Glass, Reedy. All but one are 1st rounders. Here are some of the guys who are scoring at lower rate: Byfield, Turcotte, Krebs, Veleno, Zary, Bowers, Dellandrea, Suzuki, Studnicka, Drury.

Happy to help

Jeremy Bracco.
That is all.

Come back in a few years and I'll wager it's mercer and a bunch of interchangeable depth guys. Nobody of consequence.
15 janv. 2022 à 8 h 40
Jeremy Bracco.
That is all.

Come back in a few years and I'll wager it's mercer and a bunch of interchangeable depth guys. Nobody of consequence.

You will be all alone in that position.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 12 h 45
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Jeremy Bracco.
That is all.

Even if it's Dawson Mercer, that's still a great return
Saskleaf et vmark a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2022 à 12 h 50
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Devil1122
Even if it's Dawson Mercer, that's still a great return

It was a good use of a late pick. Statistically speaking that pick looks like it may overperform its raw value. My issue is the raw value from the trade is below that of halls value at the time.

For example, if the oilers traded mcdavid for a 7th, but that 7th became gretz 2.0 the trade was still terrible, it just worked out.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 8 h 4
Jeremy Bracco.
That is all.

Mercer
Siegenthaler
Bahl

Still see those guys as “nobody of consequence”?
vmark a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 13 h 1
Just Keep Swimming
Mercer
Siegenthaler
Bahl

Still see those guys as “nobody of consequence”?

The only one relevant to this conversation being Bahl? Yes I do unequivocally. The fact you are trying to dunk despite nothing having changed is very funny
3 mars 2023 à 14 h 36
IG vincemark78
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 82
The only one relevant to this conversation being Bahl? Yes I do unequivocally. The fact you are trying to dunk despite nothing having changed is very funny

Yo all 3 of those guys are good. And ya knw, looking back, this trade is a LANDSLIDE W for the Devils, and Shero. It's 2 of their great D core and a high ceiling young, versatile player.

Siegenthaler is a legit defensive D who would get a 1st rd pick from most teams and Bahl is still too young to tell, although he is playing well this year for a great team.
3 mars 2023 à 15 h 0
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: vmark
Yo all 3 of those guys are good. And ya knw, looking back, this trade is a LANDSLIDE W for the Devils, and Shero. It's 2 of their great D core and a high ceiling young, versatile player.

Siegenthaler is a legit defensive D who would get a 1st rd pick from most teams and Bahl is still too young to tell, although he is playing well this year for a great team.

The fact you're bringing up guys who arent even in this trade says everything. It was a terrible trade
3 mars 2023 à 15 h 47
IG vincemark78
The fact you're bringing up guys who arent even in this trade says everything. It was a terrible trade

Who am I bringing up that wasn't involved?

Yea for the yotes it was def a terrible trade. Idk how siegenthaler got involved exactly but Mercer and Bahl for Hall is already a great deal for NJ.

For the smack you were talking on those guys being good you seem to have clammed up a bit eh?
3 mars 2023 à 16 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 499
Coyotes did fine for value. They shouldn't have made the trade, but value wise it was fine. Worse, even when it was clear they slid out of a playoff spot by the deadline, they fricking kept him instead of flipping him.

NJ got decent value. They just didn't get a premium.
3 mars 2023 à 16 h 57
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: vmark
Who am I bringing up that wasn't involved?

Yea for the yotes it was def a terrible trade. Idk how siegenthaler got involved exactly but Mercer and Bahl for Hall is already a great deal for NJ.

For the smack you were talking on those guys being good you seem to have clammed up a bit eh?

Seigs?

Bahl is mid, Mercer is fine and also the only part of the trade is trade was good.

I believe my original point was that NJ got the Grabner return + a 1st.

Which as of today, looks to be extremely on point. It was a bad deal and you dont know how to eval otherwise. The depth guys are nothing and Bahl being the big prospect is terrible.

Btw why did this come up all of a sudden? Multiple people are back here, but nothing has changed in terms of the trade. Had Bahl turned into Fox I'd get it but nothing has happened lmao
3 mars 2023 à 17 h 26
IG vincemark78
Seigs?

Bahl is mid, Mercer is fine and also the only part of the trade is trade was good.

I believe my original point was that NJ got the Grabner return + a 1st.

Which as of today, looks to be extremely on point. It was a bad deal and you dont know how to eval otherwise. The depth guys are nothing and Bahl being the big prospect is terrible.

Btw why did this come up all of a sudden? Multiple people are back here, but nothing has changed in terms of the trade. Had Bahl turned into Fox I'd get it but nothing has happened lmao

I mean, you seem to be really down playing Mercer. But whatever yo.

I'm here because I knew I saw Nate Schnarrrrrrrs name somewhere before

Schnarf schnarf! na-mean?

Thundercats ho baby!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage