SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/St. Louis Blues

Jake Allen Appreciation Post

9 déc. 2019 à 18 h 38
Earfgang
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 34
I just want to make sure people realize that Jake Allen is a good goalie and he is playing amazing as our backup this year, 927 sv% at the time of this post and we will not forget the year Jake Allen played out of his mind to get the Blues to the conference finals. I know we all get frustrated with him at times but as a backup goaltender while Binnington finishes developing we must appreciate and not abandon hope in our goalies. Blues fans are quick to dog pile on goalies historically (I still love you Brian) so now that we are a Cup Champions we must give recognition to those that got us here. Jake Allen for all his faults in his game at the end of the day is really good at his job. When he was asked to be the number one, come playoff time, he got his job done. We asked him to take a backseat to the hot young Binnington, and he accepted his role and welcomed Jordan with open arms and supported him every step of the way. Jake Allen is a good person, a great teammate, and an amazing backup goaltender for the St Louis Blues and I hope one day when the Blues need to move his contract we recognize all that he did for us.
19 déc. 2019 à 1 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 20
Couldn’t agree more. The bad rap with Allen is that he lets in the soft ones. The ones that are so disheartening and at terrible times. He has been able to right the ship in that regard in the past calendar year but even still, those are the ones everyone remembers. Bottom line, he’s a gamer and I’m glad we have him in the fold.
Earfgang a aimé ceci.
15 févr. 2020 à 16 h 30
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,982
Quoting: ab33champ
Couldn’t agree more. The bad rap with Allen is that he lets in the soft ones. The ones that are so disheartening and at terrible times. He has been able to right the ship in that regard in the past calendar year but even still, those are the ones everyone remembers. Bottom line, he’s a gamer and I’m glad we have him in the fold.

I don't think anyone has issues with Allen as a backup, he just isn't a good full time starter. 30 to 35 games is what he should play a year.
To correct the original poster though, the year the Blues went to the Conference finals was 2016 and Ells was the starter then. The following year us when he played horribly until Brodeur became the goalie coach and played great through the first round of the playoffs. Second round not so much

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage